Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Seed Substrate
    #1615558 - 06/06/03 09:48 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Okay..so i can use wild bird seed for a substrate; what about using marijuana seeds as a substrate? would it work? Im interested in experimenting with as much variation as possible for substrates. Im also adding L-5-hydroxy-tryptophan into the substrate as the theory is this will increase potency since this is a base for psilocybin. Any thoughts.

"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Seed Substrate [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #1615589 - 06/06/03 10:01 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

To give is to live...

lost soul

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Seed Substrate [Re: ATWAR]
    #1615701 - 06/06/03 11:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i dont have many thoughts on this issue..but heres a handful anyway
the faq says its possible, so someone somewhere has done it

personally, id never use it, theres better things to do with pot seeds than use for a cake/substrate. and that isnt strictly related to planting them.

the ammount of seeds you'd need would require more cost in pot than the 2 and 2 bucks for verm and brown rice flour, so this is a novelty things in my eyes =)

as for adding the l-5-hydroxytrptophan .. i have no clue what this does, but my mind frame is 'less is better' when dealing with matters such as this.
theres many factors that go into this statement.
first and foremost, i have no idea what such a chemical would do to a colonizing substrate, or soon to be colonizing. while the cake and mushrooms do produce these chemicals to make psilocybin, they do it on their own, from pre-existing chemicals and nutrients. presented at the wrong time, the mycellium might be killed by direct contact with certain chemicals such as this. once again, this is theory, as none of the above has been proven by me. that in itself makes it opinionated. just clarifying this before someone calls me an asshole and tells me im wrong =)

as for potency, provide your cakes, casings, substrate, etc to 'natural' or as close to natural conditions is my philosophy. the reason is, nature makes these mushrooms on its own, and they make you trip. trying to interfere with nature hardly results in anything good, you risk messing up something that nature has already made as close to perfect as possible. once again, opinion... =)

oh well, enough bs from me

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation