Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Whole rice substrates
    #1615203 - 06/06/03 04:29 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hey all, I'm new to this cultivating thing and have a source on the outside. Im using a rice/vermiculite substrate, but i have been unable to keep contamination at bay. I was wondering if any of you have heard of using this type of substrate before. I havent been able to find much info about it so all the feed back i can get the better, would it be better to use perlite instead? Or should i just go to a seed substrate?
thanx
hawks apprentice

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Whole rice substrates [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #1615326 - 06/06/03 05:39 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Come on people give me some support here, im using a B+ strain also have thai koh samui and pink buffalo, some resposnse would be great.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineFallenShroom
Shagadelic

#1615348 - 06/06/03 05:49 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Are you trying to do the pf tek brf and vermiculite? if you are having problems with that i would not try grains

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Whole rice substrates [Re: FallenShroom]
    #1615368 - 06/06/03 05:58 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well thats the thing its not exactly the pf tek, its one a friend gave me and im not sure its getting it completley sterile. Instead of using a pressure cooker we use a microwave, maybe thats the problem? i dunno, im from the medical profession so have access to sterile everything, gloves to masks. so im not sure where the problem is, i figure i should go to perlite and use a pressure cooker. and thank you for responding fallen.
hawk

--------------------

Edward Abbey

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #1615373 - 06/06/03 06:00 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

This is jsut me but iv never had sucess with PF..Iv faild over 20 jars with that method... If u wanna try grains try using wild bird seed(Milet in place of Brown rice flower.. Grind it up in a coffee grinder so its Powder.. It should grow much faster.. And grains should have more potent fruits..

InvisibleLiL_KuSsH
Lost In The Trip
I'm a teapot

Deleted [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #1615375 - 06/06/03 06:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Whole rice substrates [Re: Legoulash]
    #1615376 - 06/06/03 06:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Dont use a microwave!!!! Tried it.. IT DOESNT WORK!!!! Just buck up and buy a pc.. U could risk more spores and boil the jars but.. PC's are easy to find at thrift stores and the such

OfflineFallenShroom
Shagadelic

Re: Whole rice substrates [Re: Legoulash]
    #1615380 - 06/06/03 06:03 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

a pressure cooker will make a huge difference if you go to grains it is a must but for brown rice flour and vermiculite steam your jars for 1 hour keep jars off the bottom and like a inch of water or get a pc and start doing grains id suggest corn or wild bird seed "wbs"

--------------------

OfflinePavement
Stephen Malkmus

#1615389 - 06/06/03 06:11 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Why do you unscrew the jars before PCing them.

--------------------
"Over the turnstile and out in the classroom there ways of living and this is the way I'm living right or wrong" - Range Life - Pavement

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Whole rice substrates [Re: Pavement]
    #1615396 - 06/06/03 06:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well it looks like im going out to get a pressure cooker, thanks for all the info.
hawk

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#1615405 - 06/06/03 06:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Oh and you unscrew them so they dont explode

--------------------

Edward Abbey

OfflinePavement
Stephen Malkmus

#1615454 - 06/06/03 06:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well they didn't explode, so I didn't need to unscrew them. Just recenlty made some WBS jars, forgot to unscrew.

--------------------
"Over the turnstile and out in the classroom there ways of living and this is the way I'm living right or wrong" - Range Life - Pavement

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Whole rice substrates [Re: Pavement]
    #1615537 - 06/06/03 07:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

interesting, i figured the pressure would build up inside the container.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

OfflineDemonReign
My eagerness is my downfall
Male

Loc: Washington, USA Flag
    #18933902 - 10/04/13 11:31 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I believe that exploding jars are a myth. The pressure inside the jar is the same as the pressure in the PC. The pressure in the PC isnt enough to make the PC explode, because of the steam vent that keeps the pressure below explosive PSI levels. The jar wont explode inside the PC because the  pressure in the jar is less than or equal to the pressure level outside of the jar, in the PC. Its actually pretty simple math based science.

--------------------
Always looking for new strains. Whether its syringes, prints, LC, or agar.
I would like to give a special thanks to PrimalSoup, Deviant, and Magash, since their posts have been extremely helpful.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Whole rice substrates [Re: DemonReign]
    #18981911 - 10/15/13 03:49 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

10 year old thread dude.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

InvisibleNimpo
Big Black

#18981914 - 10/15/13 03:50 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
10 year old thread dude.

10 day old response dude

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Whole rice substrates [Re: Nimpo]
    #18981921 - 10/15/13 03:52 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Meh, just saw it on my list of posts mang.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Offlinejackalope9517
(/*o*)/

#18982169 - 10/15/13 04:47 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Wow nice bump.

OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Whole rice substrates [Re: jackalope9517]
    #18982180 - 10/15/13 04:52 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

jackalope9517 said:
Wow nice bump.

I know....  :rail2:

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Whole rice substrates [Re: PussyFart]
    #18982221 - 10/15/13 05:03 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

And you guys keep bumping it, wait, so am I....

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom