Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

adjusting to a new healthy lifestyle, why am i so fucking tired?
    #16151333 - 04/28/12 01:53 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

female here. i've recently changed my eating habits and increased my exercise activity. i'm 20lbs overweight and i've been working out by jogging/walk routine about 3-4 times a week in the mornings, p90x, and keeping track of my calories.

the thing is, after two weeks of this new routine, i've been feeling tired. not lazy, but tired.

am i lacking sleep, do i have a thyroid problem, do i need to eat energy food? i'm also not sure if i'm feeling lethargic because of my menstrual cycle.

any tips/advice will help me a ton.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevvitchdoctor
El Duderino
Male

Re: adjusting to a new healthy lifestyle, why am i so fucking tired? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16151391 - 04/28/12 02:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

look into female triad... any time a female overly increases her exercise routine, it increases the amount of testosterone (and decreases progesterone and estrogen) in her body... essentially putting you into early menopause.  The symptoms are - chronic fatigue, muscle soreness, dys- or amenorrhea (painful, nonexistent or highly irregular cycle) osteoperosis and severe lack of appetite.

Further, P90X is well known to do this to people who were previously not as active... as well as a nasty little thing called rhabdomyalysis.  Rhabdo can cause kidney failure and death soooo... you might wanna look into this.

THIS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE MEDICAL ADVICE.  YOU ASKED A QUESTION ON FRIGGIN' SHROOMERY.  TALK TO A DOCTOR OR OTHER LICENSED MEDICAL PROVIDER BEFORE MAKING ANY DECISIONS.

Offlinevvitchdoctor
El Duderino
Male

Re: adjusting to a new healthy lifestyle, why am i so fucking tired? [Re: vvitchdoctor] * 3
    #16151394 - 04/28/12 02:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

a real doctor... not a VVitchdoctor.

InvisibleJvells
Unity
 User Gallery

Loc: East coast Flag
Re: adjusting to a new healthy lifestyle, why am i so fucking tired? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16151404 - 04/28/12 02:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Could be any of those reasons. How many hours of sleep are you getting exactly? Any medications/drugs being taken? Both drugs and your amount of sleep can interfere with getting a good restful nights sleep, shoot for 7, and don't use anything to sleep. You should probably also include what exactly you are eating, and how much. There are so many possible reasons, but we can try and help until you see or talk to your doctor! :smile:

OfflineUzziel
O_o

Re: adjusting to a new healthy lifestyle, why am i so fucking tired? [Re: Jvells]
    #16151990 - 04/28/12 04:44 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

It could be a lot of reasons, but my guess is that your body is changing rapidly and it is not use to it, thus you're tired. I know when I get my shit together and start exercising/eating right the first month or so is a big adjustment and a lot of times during the day I just feel like.. damn, I'm exhausted!

I think your body just needs to get use to the exercise really. Give it some more time and rest up, if that doesn't fix it, try changing your food diet and if it persists even further consider seeing a health professional... :shrug:

Anonymous #1

Re: adjusting to a new healthy lifestyle, why am i so fucking tired? [Re: Uzziel]
    #16152551 - 04/28/12 07:03 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

vviwtchdoctor. holy shit. that all sounds scary as hell. i would like to think that i don't have any of the listed possible problems, i'm starting to think it's just my mindset and that maybe i am lazy.. although 'm still extremely motivated to lose weight, but i feel like i have to push myself to do it. cuz maybe thats how some people end up way fatter than before: not doing shit. i'd like to lose the 20lbs while i'm still young~

Jvells, indeed it can be any reasons! and my sleep varies. i'd sleep from midnight until 5AM or so, for no reason. and nope i don't take any medications. i eat very healthy. most of my plate of food contains like, 90% fresh raw veggies and 10% the main meal itself. i vary my vegetables by mixing it: chopped up brocoli, zuccini, etc. i eat 1 serving of cheese at most in a day if i feel like it. i eat healthy sandwiches that's like half an avocado, tomatoes, spinach, turkey , cucumber, etc.

i really enjoy fresh meals and fruits/veggies now. but other than that, i keep a food/calorie intake tracker online and try to keep at or below 1300 calories.

Uzziel, thanks. i also think this is what's happening to me. gotta start somewhere :smile:

thank you all for the info so far

Offlinejimboob
Stranger

#16153472 - 04/28/12 11:17 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
female here. i've recently changed my eating habits and increased my exercise activity. i'm 20lbs overweight and i've been working out by jogging/walk routine about 3-4 times a week in the mornings, p90x, and keeping track of my calories.

the thing is, after two weeks of this new routine, i've been feeling tired. not lazy, but tired.

am i lacking sleep, do i have a thyroid problem, do i need to eat energy food? i'm also not sure if i'm feeling lethargic because of my menstrual cycle.

Well there's your problem right there. Don't count calories. Food is more than calories. Also you sound like your doing a lot. If your truly busting your ass then you should be eating as much as you want, but make sure you eat mostly whole foods.

Like have oatmeal and eggs for breakfast, a soup and a sandwich n maybe a salad for lunch, for dinner have a meat a starch like bread or potatoes or rice and two different veggies. If you need a snack between meals, snack on fruit. I eat mad fruit.

But anyway what I'm getting at is as long as your eating whole foods your probably not gonna over eat, you get a shitton of nutrients and fiber and phytochemicals and energy, and your eating enough to fuel your exercise. As long as your working out hard and you enjoy it. Also you should be lifting. Everyone should lift especially girls, good for the bones.

InvisibleGzaajhom
title

Loc: USA
Re: adjusting to a new healthy lifestyle, why am i so fucking tired? [Re: jimboob]
    #16153644 - 04/29/12 12:18 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

jimboob said:
Quote:

Anonymous said:

Well there's your problem right there. Don't count calories. Food is more than calories. Also you sound like your doing a lot. If your truly busting your ass then you should be eating as much as you want, but make sure you eat mostly whole foods.

Like have oatmeal and eggs for breakfast, a soup and a sandwich n maybe a salad for lunch, for dinner have a meat a starch like bread or potatoes or rice and two different veggies. If you need a snack between meals, snack on fruit. I eat mad fruit.

But anyway what I'm getting at is as long as your eating whole foods your probably not gonna over eat, you get a shitton of nutrients and fiber and phytochemicals and energy, and your eating enough to fuel your exercise. As long as your working out hard and you enjoy it. Also you should be lifting. Everyone should lift especially girls, good for the bones.

Definitely this. You mentioned you're only eating 1300 calories a day, which is way too low if you're doing P90x. Don't worry about eating too much, just eat proper and your weight will be fine with proper exercise. If you exercise and cut out the junk food, you won't need to worry about eating too many calories.

--------------------

Don't hate the player; hate the game. -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinehappymealplease
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: adjusting to a new healthy lifestyle, why am i so fucking tired? [Re: Gzaajhom]
    #16154542 - 04/29/12 08:15 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

if you didn't exercise much prior to this you could also be doing too much too soon

Anonymous #1

Re: adjusting to a new healthy lifestyle, why am i so fucking tired? [Re: happymealplease]
    #16154931 - 04/29/12 10:53 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Jimboob- the problem was that I overate (probably hit about 2k calories perday), but now that i've been keeping track, i think i have a fair idea of what's a healthy serving and how much to eat that i shouldn't "count" anymore. but yes, overall i have been taking out sweets- i still eat things i like, but only a serving.

Gzaajhom- 1300 calories is too low? i've always read that 1.2k is okay for women who are "dieting".

happymealplease- i didn't exercise much, but last year i've done p90x and lost 10 lbs in a month. i didn't bother finishing the last 2 months... but yes, i think i will tone down on the rigorous exercise.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #16155003 - 04/29/12 11:19 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I agree with Jimboob - don't count calories. You CANT overeat whole foods! Just eat until your satiated and stick to a somewhat vigorous exercise program and you will trim up.

Counting calories is likely not a habit you can keep up - the approach we're describing is likely more satisfying, successful and sustainable over the long term, but will require more dedication and commitment aswell.

PS: Don't read about dieting - you will find every opinion under the sun!

Hard work, consistency and whole foods are the key to success.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Invisibledr_ouroboros
Stranger
Female

#16155016 - 04/29/12 11:24 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've seen people try to cut down on their calories without getting rid of the junk food. So they end up cutting out the real food from their diets, thus the lack of energy.

Best thing to do is to replace the junk food with fruits and veggies. Like instead of eating a bowl of chips while watching a movie go slice up a cucumber, add salt and lemon and its fucking delicious. Or instead of eating chips with your sandwich, fry up some zuchinni spears. Before you know it you're going to start craving veggies like a motherfucker. Also, eat 3 meals a day, 5hrs in between (10am, 3pm, 8pm), do something nice like pilates and you'll lose those 20lbs in no time. Plus you'll feel great.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: adjusting to a new healthy lifestyle, why am i so fucking tired? [Re: dr_ouroboros]
    #16155058 - 04/29/12 11:39 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

+ exhaustion is common with a lifestyle change, and it might stick around indefinitely.

I have this problem myself, I wake early, work overtime, and exercise vigorously a few times a week and i have nothing left in the tank at the end of the day.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Anonymous #1

Re: adjusting to a new healthy lifestyle, why am i so fucking tired? [Re: PDU]
    #16155416 - 04/29/12 01:30 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Dr_Ouroboros, yes, i stay away from major sweets- i don't eat it often. but the comment i mentioned earlier where i was saying i still eat things i like, i didn't clarify that i was referring to cheese, pasta, carbs... etc.

and indeed, i do replace junk food with fruits and veggies. cucumbers are the beez <3 i love cucumbers. thank you for the advice!

Thanks PDU! :smile:  sorry to hear about the exhaustion, but to me, it seems that you are achieving excellence. :heart:

p.s: i jogged a little this morning. i don't straight up jog, but i have been carefully working my way up with this technique.

Quote:

Week one: Walk for six minutes, then jog at an easy pace for one minute. Repeat three times. Aim for three sessions with that same sequence for week one.

Week two: Walk for five minutes, then jog for two minutes. Repeat three times. Aim to do three sessions in week two.

Week three: Walk for three minutes, then jog for four minutes. Repeat four times. Aim for three sessions in week three.

etc... http://running.about.com/od/getstartedwithrunning/ht/getstarted.htm

i also found that working out to p90x with music on is way funner.

OfflineMistyMystic
Birdbrain
Male

#16156992 - 04/29/12 07:49 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Not everyone has my metabolism

I can eat all day every day so long as I spend a good amount of time running I'm ok.

If I can't run because it hurts too much or I can feel my inside bouncing around I know I ate too much :smile:

If you eating healthy food I would say keep eating more

Brown rice protein natural organic is good too.

I nap often also.

Good luck adjusting dont hurt yourself weight is ok out of shape is not so good

Offlinejimboob
Stranger

#16157242 - 04/29/12 08:37 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
Jimboob- the problem was that I overate (probably hit about 2k calories perday), but now that i've been keeping track, i think i have a fair idea of what's a healthy serving and how much to eat that i shouldn't "count" anymore. but yes, overall i have been taking out sweets- i still eat things i like, but only a serving.

Gzaajhom- 1300 calories is too low? i've always read that 1.2k is okay for women who are "dieting".

happymealplease- i didn't exercise much, but last year i've done p90x and lost 10 lbs in a month. i didn't bother finishing the last 2 months... but yes, i think i will tone down on the rigorous exercise.

1300 calories is waaayyy low. Thats bad especially if your doing alot of exercise. Any sort of issues your experiencing are most definintly due to this.

that 1.2k number? garbage. There's a reason why something like 95% of dieters regain all lost weight within 5 years. Nobody knows what they're talking about in the field of nutrion. For every five studies that say one thing, there's another 10 that say just the opposite.

So i just eat whole foods, stay away from pot as it gives me the munchies, and eat until satisfaction. I have a really solid exercise routine too. I lift, I sprint,I run, I stretch, I wrestle, I kickbox, I play, I work...

When your diet is made up of mostly whole foods then your body will slowly begin to reflect upon your lifestlye. You should be eating as much as you want. 2,000 calories is not overdoing it at all, but seriously, fuck a calorie.

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

( ignore any low-carb nonsense here. Carbs keep your metabolism reving and thats essential to losing weight. )

Anonymous #2

#16159393 - 04/30/12 09:12 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

It might be possible you have parasites, they do cause fatigue, although it's almost impossible to know for sure

There's natural ways to kill them with: Green Black Walnut Wormwood Extract
http://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Wormwood-Complex-2-Ounce/dp/B000S92RNQ

Plus with the conspiracy theory about the NWO depopulating through worms...better safe than sorry imo

Offlinejimboob
Stranger

Re: adjusting to a new healthy lifestyle, why am i so fucking tired? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #16159719 - 04/30/12 10:45 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
It might be possible you have parasites, they do cause fatigue, although it's almost impossible to know for sure

There's natural ways to kill them with: Green Black Walnut Wormwood Extract
http://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Wormwood-Complex-2-Ounce/dp/B000S92RNQ

Plus with the conspiracy theory about the NWO depopulating through worms...better safe than sorry imo

Yeah lets not put those kind of ideas in her head. If you wanna go there then your could come out with millions of reasons she could be tired, but I'm almost positive shes just not eating enough.

alotta people when they change their diet end up self-diagnosing themselves with all kinds of disorders they dont actually have. The mind is a powerful thing, and you might experience symptoms just from thinking about them too much.

There's probably nothing wrong with you OP. You're body isn't getting enough fuel and it's being worked hard, so it's conserving energy during your down time (time not exercising) by slowing down metabolism

Anonymous #1

Re: adjusting to a new healthy lifestyle, why am i so fucking tired? [Re: jimboob]
    #16182470 - 05/04/12 04:30 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

The worms idea sounds way too extreme. I think that I was pushing myself too hard! so far I have lost 5lbs in two weeks :smile:

Also, I've been working out when I feel like it. If I feel like pushing myself to the limit, I will do it. As long as I have an hour of working out, I'm good.

Here's a picture

I'm in no rush to lose the extra 20lbs~ So I'm glad I'm starting to get into the habit of eating healthy and incorporating exercise.

But right now I extremely hate my stubby arms/upperbody.

And thank you everyone who's contributed so far. I still get a little exhausted, but I find that I only feel that way if I do way too much cardio.

Invisibletdubz
Male User Gallery

#16182662 - 05/04/12 05:31 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

You don't look too overweight IMO...I think you should just do a little cardio every day the treadmill or elliptical for 30min should balance whatever you eat (reasonably) throughout the day. Eat more protein less carbs/fat.

The elliptical is great for the thigh and butt areas btw.

Edited by tdubz (05/04/12 05:32 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom