Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineVisigoth
enthusiast

What is going on w. the spore syringes around here?!?!?!?
    #1614996 - 06/06/03 05:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I would like to start this off by saying that I am not making any accusations or pointing any fingers, but something has changed about the spore syringes around here lately. It seems to have started since the recent Fanaticus bust. First, I noticed every vendor is stressing the disclaimer about microscopy purposes. Secondly, I noticed a big post a while back about sporeworks syringes not working. Well, they had worked extremely well for me in the past, so i went ahead and ordered a couple. Well much to my suprise, not a damn thing happened. And I'm no newbie either, I am used to getting quart jars completely colonized in less than 10 days every single time!! At 12 days, these jars showed absolutely no mycelium whatsoever so I tossed em. I didn't even bother trying the other syringe I ordered as I didn't want to waste a whole bag of birdseed again. So I order from TLG, would u believe after 8 days, I see some tiny tiny specs but nothing like I am accustomed too, out of 12 jars!!!! I don't want to hear anyone saying ur doing something wrong, because I'm not. My methods work good and they work quick, I HAVEN'T CHANGED ANYTHING!!!! this should be working. In reference to the big disclaimer on all the sites, I think it's time we all clarified something here. When vendors say they're for microscopy use only, does this mean they will ONLY work for these purposes. Because if they have changed something and the syringes will NOT work for colonizing jars of birdseed, I think this needs to be brought out in the open. I know this makes me look like a bit of a dickhead, but as mentioned before, the methods I use have always worked until just recently. I was using my own syringes w. no problems until I ran out and had to order from vendors. I just don't like the idea that I'm being mislead and spending my hard earned money for something that isn't going to work.....anyone else had any problems at all??

Visigoth

--------------------
"15 minutes in freezing conditions?!?! You'd become a popsicle before you made that!!!"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLucidDream
Hungry BlueFiend
 User Gallery

Loc: Planet of the Stupid Peop...
Re: What is going on w. the spore syringes around here?!?!?!? [Re: Visigoth]
    #1615327 - 06/06/03 07:40 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

See this post by Ainasko:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=1614232&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1#Post1614721

Irradiated spores may be the problem. My recent purchases from SW were okay, though only 1 site average for each jar took off and colonization time is terribly slow. Then again, I'm a noob.

--------------------
Sarcasm just one of my many talents.

Invisibleshroomophile
ShroomitusFidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #1615647 - 06/06/03 10:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yes

--------------------
Once the mighty oak,was a nut who held his ground.

OfflineVisigoth
enthusiast

Re: What is going on w. the spore syringes around here?!?!?!? [Re: LucidDream]
    #1615759 - 06/06/03 11:52 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I've decided just to go a step further I'm going to make a fresh syringe myself, prepare the jars exactly the same way, and innoculate and see what happens. I live in a major city so the irradiation could be a possibility. Thanks!!!

Visigoth

--------------------
"15 minutes in freezing conditions?!?! You'd become a popsicle before you made that!!!"

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

#1616144 - 06/07/03 06:08 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

To even suggest that the spores being sold now are in any way different to the spores being sold pre-PF Bust is completely and utterly preposterous.

I can only speak for TLG but I can assure you that we are selling the exact same spore syringes made in the exact same manner under the exact same conditions. These spores are and will continue to be clean and viable. Why mess with success?

TLG keeps meticulous records of the batches we put out through control numbers. We have noticed no increase in the number of complaints since PF's bust and in fact we have noticed a decrease. Our repeat customer base is larger and more active than ever! We've had customers buying three or four seperate times from us since the PF bust and way more often than not they are praising our product.

As for the disclaimer and spores being sold for microscopy only.

TLG has used the same disclaimer and has been selling our spores for microscopy only since day one! We were among the first to market them for this purpose.

We made our good name and garnered the finest reputation selling our spores in exactly the same manner as we do now. The only thing different about the disclaimer is the number of times it's posted on my site. I now make double and triple sure my customers read it before placing an order.

That disclaimer allows us to stay in business and allows the adult consumer to order our products safely and securely knowing  they are ordering from a legitimate and legal business.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:

Secondly, I noticed a big post a while back about sporeworks syringes not working. 

I know the thread of which you speak and it wasn't that big. Also one needs to be careful of judging from the number of posters as puppets from other rival vendors can be quick to jump on the bandwagon and go in and try and smear the competition.

I happen to know that Sporeworks is currently being smeared by a former sponsoring vendor of this site and it wouldn't surprise me to find out that some of these "sporeworks is bad" posts are actually this guys puppets. Of course, I can't say for certain.

Quote:

anyone else had any problems at all?? 

Perhaps you should ask peoples experience good or bad as just asking for the bad would definitely leave the wrong impression and invite the negative posters which have always remained in the fringe of the Shroomery.

Judging from the repeat business we recieve I can tell you without the slightest doubt that the positive experiences far outweigh the negative.

Anyway folks, be easy, stay real and treat your sponsors well. They're trying real hard to make sure you're happy. They need your repeat business to survive.

They're not out to screw you.  :wink:   

InvisibleCompilerV
Vendor

Loc: USA
    #1616166 - 06/07/03 06:48 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I just have to ask if you contacted customer service about this? I am sorry you have experienced these mail (?) problems. Make sure you contact custserv@sporeworks.com Please remember that customer service will be closed until June 12th.

--------------------
Compiler
www.sporeworks.com
Sterilized Products Group

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: What is going on w. the spore syringes around here?!?!?!? [Re: boxtop703]
    #1616349 - 06/07/03 11:58 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hey TLG,
I know ive asked you this before and you did not answer me. Or maybe you were just too busy. But are you guys finished moving yet. I would really like to order from you, i like your prices and most people rave about your stuff. I don't have cc and the only way i can do it is a mail order.:)

Offlinemycophat
Re: What is going on w. the spore syringes around here?!?!?!? [Re: boxtop703]
    #1616462 - 06/07/03 01:13 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I have had viability problems with every syringe that I have purchased from sporeworks/sporebank and am no puppet to be sure.

But I can also say that they went above and beyond my expectations to make sure I was satisfide (even throwing in an extra print and five empty syringes because of the hassle and the wait)

I dont live in a major city but have never been able to get a viable syringe mailed to my address so I have moved on to prints.And to date I have not had a single contam or any probs other than some slow colonization times and small fruits but that is my own fault as neither I nor my cat are very advanced as of yet.

As for the "other" vendor bad mouthing Sporeworks/Sporebank he has a legit reason and has not questioned there viability (as far as I know ) only their tactics.

How would you like your customers to be redirected to a competing vendors website every time they mispelled or mistyped your URL Boxtop? Perhaps a little blame should go to them for "singling" out one particular vendor and not others?

Now I have never had anything bad to say about TheLittleGuy but if Boxtop wants to take a side in a arguement that has nothing to do with him (at least I hope he is not in business with them) then I only have one piece of advice......

Be carefull when sleeping with dogs as you are likely to catch their fleas.......

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
    #1616705 - 06/07/03 03:57 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

This is rediculous....if you have a problem with a Vendor please contact the Vendor and I'm sure they would replace your spores.

Click!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum