Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Have you ever lied to get a prescription for recreational purposes? [Re: NWlight]
    #16144619 - 04/26/12 09:18 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

NWlight said:
Voila!!

My guide to getting any benzo you want from a doctor.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15543755#15543755

I put specific things to say, my success story, how to up dosage, etc.

What specifically to say for different benzos, etc etc.

:bookmark:

Not big on benzos, but sometimes they come in hella handy. Like when I'm traveling - popped a klono and it was game over for my anxiety. That's the only time I've ever actually used benzos for their intended purpose, though. :lol:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNWlight
Just look

Re: Have you ever lied to get a prescription for recreational purposes? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #16144633 - 04/26/12 09:22 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

yeah... I think I mentioned it in the post but I don't touch benzos with a 10 foot pole anymore.

Or really any pills for that matter.

They are extremely addictive and they will steal your soul.

--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Invisibletrip forever
Stranger

Re: Have you ever lied to get a prescription for recreational purposes? [Re: NWlight]
    #16144636 - 04/26/12 09:22 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Just shows how fucked up we are if were ignorant to a medicine we get it...

If we actually know the effects/looked it up were druggies...

Blindsophist: they will help everyone, but the dangers/depression that comes out of it is not worth it. Personally I dint believe in add, everyone has it, some people just actually care enough to pay attention without the use of dangerous drugs.

--------------------

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Have you ever lied to get a prescription for recreational purposes? [Re: trip forever]
    #16144640 - 04/26/12 09:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

trip forever said:

Blindsophist: they will help everyone, but the dangers/depression that comes out of it is not worth it. Personally I dint believe in add, everyone has it, some people just actually care enough to pay attention without the use of dangerous drugs.

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

Thank you for your expert testimonial. I will be certain to keep it in the toilet where I keep my toilet paper, for future reference.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Edited by Sophistic Radiance (04/26/12 09:24 PM)

InvisibleNWlight
Just look

Re: Have you ever lied to get a prescription for recreational purposes? [Re: trip forever]
    #16144651 - 04/26/12 09:25 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

trip forever said:

As someone WITH ADD I can tell you that you are wrong.

plain wrong.

There are actually chemical imbalances that can affect motivation and focus.

I don't use stimulants anymore, but I still have the scrip. so I have literally hundreds (probably over a thousand now)  of 56 mg methylphenidate, 36  mg, even some 27's.

They were a godsend in my youth, and there is no doubt in my mind they enabled me to get through my childhood successfully and be in a position now where I am in college getting ready to apply to med school.

without those pills? no fucking way.

--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Free sVs!
Female

#16144658 - 04/26/12 09:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I got three hours of sleep a night on average for much of my childhood and since then my focus has been pretty well fucked. It doesn't matter how motivated I am or how interested or how much I care, it just does not happen. I know all about the dangers, in case you haven't noticed I can fucking read. I'm with NWlight, the ADD meds get a way worse rap than they deserve.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Have you ever lied to get a prescription for recreational purposes? [Re: morrowasted]
    #16144679 - 04/26/12 09:34 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Quote:

BlindSophist said:
Quote:

morrowasted said:
No, but I have thought about pretending I have more serious focus problems than I actually do in order to get prescribed stimulants. I may do it, one day.

I did this, but I don't use them for recreational purposes. They actually help me enormously. I had a hard time accepting it at first but amphetamine is medicine for my brain. Ask for dexedrine when the shortage is over in June. (Fuck the government for actually mandating shortages of medicine, BTW.)

What you gotta watch out for is admitting to drinking or smoking. They're like "lol well maybe you're just fucked because you do drugs. Get off the drugs, then you can have drugs."

You don't think you'll burn out?

I do worry about this, but I take frequent breaks. I'm still on the same dose I was two years ago. I figure if I eat well and sleep well and maintain a low dosage with breaks, I'll be fine. I have a couple of friends who have been on concerta since high school and one of them just got into grad school. That's the kind of stuff I want to be doing too.

The dangers of amps are wayyyy overblown. They're easier on the heart than caffeine at the normal doses, and the tolerance is very forgiving if you look after yourself. I've become convinced that amphetamine "tolerance" and "withdrawal" are nothing more than the side effects of abuse - sleep deprivation and malnutrition. A drug won't put carbohydrates and protein in your bloodstream. :shrug:

--------------------
Enlil said:

Invisibletrip forever
Stranger

Re: Have you ever lied to get a prescription for recreational purposes? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #16144696 - 04/26/12 09:38 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

As someone diagnosed with severe ADD I'm just saying that's my experience with them. I'm not judging you blindsophist, it's your choice and I don't care what you choose to do, I'm just pointing out the dangers of it IME. (I'm sorry if the study thing was offense, as it wasn't meant to be)

I took this pills all throughout my childhood and they got me straight A's after straight F's, so yes, I acknowledge they work for some people. But if you go off them depression hit me hard like a bitch and while on them I was a zombie. I took em for around 8 years.

It's just my exp. Yes, I know everyones is different and I didn't mean to be judgmental  towards you, if that's how you perceived i was being.

--------------------

Free sVs!
Female

#16144711 - 04/26/12 09:43 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

trip forever said:
As someone diagnosed with severe ADD I'm just saying that's my experience with them. I'm not judging you blindsophist, it's your choice and I don't care what you choose to do, I'm just pointing out the dangers of it IME. (I'm sorry if the study thing was offense, as it wasn't meant to be)

I took this pills all throughout my childhood and they got me straight A's after straight F's, so yes, I acknowledge they work for some people. But if you go off them depression hit me hard like a bitch and while on them I was a zombie. I took em for around 8 years.

It's just my exp. Yes, I know everyones is different and I didn't mean to be judgmental  towards you, if that's how you perceived i was being.

Sorry if I reacted harshly, but this "debate" is old hat for me. :lol:

I actually do think about the potential long-term consequences quite often, but what I've experienced so far (two years) has been mild enough (even when I go off them for extended periods, which I do every chance I get) that the benefits really outweigh the risks. I used to abuse them from time to time but I got tired of it, and in the meantime, they still work magic for me. I don't feel like a zombie on them, I feel sharp and lucid, and I'm not the only one who notices. I don't get depressed when I go off them on breaks, I just step up the dopamine flow with exercise. At this point I wouldn't even want to be alive if I couldn't study science, and that's something the meds make possible for me.

I want to look into cognitive-behavioral therapy or other methods someday though. Recently I've been meditating daily which seems to pack quite a punch in the focusing department, so it's not completely out of my hands. I also want to try modafinil which apparently works very well with fewer side effects. I'm not keen on taking amphetamine my whole life. But if that's what it comes down to to do what I want to do, so be it. :shrug:

--------------------
Enlil said:

Edited by Sophistic Radiance (04/26/12 09:50 PM)

Invisibletrip forever
Stranger

#16144737 - 04/26/12 09:51 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Glad we cleared that up. :smile:

I didn't feel a zombie on them, as mich as I did when I got off them. I'd go through horrible depression, and whenever I was with a group of friends (on them) I wouldn't say anything but stsmd there clenching my teeth :tongue:

Glad it works for you and hope you don't get the same side effects as me!

What medicine are you prescribed and MGs?

--------------------

Free sVs!
Female

#16144775 - 04/26/12 10:00 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I actually tend to be very spontaneous and outgoing when I go off the meds, I'm just itching to go out for hikes and hang out with people - which goes perfectly with school recesses. I will admit, life is trippier when I'm unamphetaminated. I appreciate both sides of the equation. I might loll around the house for a few days if I've had an intense finals week, but I'm pretty sure that's par for the course when it comes to finals.

I take 15mg dexedrine XR's, with an extra 5-10mg IR if necessary. Dexedrine is by far the best one IME. It doesn't feel like I'm on anything compared to the weird edgy bruxism of ritalin or adderall, and it works better too. What did you take?

--------------------
Enlil said:

Invisibletrip forever
Stranger

#16144826 - 04/26/12 10:12 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Ive never even heard of Dexedrine, I took 60mg aderall. Maybe it's because I had such a high dose as a teen and weighed so little that I experienced so many negative side effects?

--------------------

Free sVs!
Female

#16144911 - 04/26/12 10:31 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

That is a pretty high dose. If I took that much I'd be geeked the fuck up and would undoubtedly be trapped in my room by compulsive masturbation. :lolsy:

I will admit, it's very peculiar to me how they put kids on these high doses. I don't think it's right to put kids on speed as a first-line treatment, and I think it should be more available for adults. I know a couple people who were put on 100mg as children. Because if you take the normal dose and it doesn't do solve any problems, yeah, better double it up a few times, makes perfect sense. My teachers were begging my parents to put me on ritalin by seventh grade, but they're kinda hippyish and were not down for it. I didn't start taking meds until I was 23 and growing anxious to break my pattern of constantly fucking up in school. I'm glad I got the chance to make the decision for myself, and it was a good one.

Dexedrine is dextroamphetamine sulfate. It's not very commonly used nowadays because it's got some kind of stigma, probably because the beatniks were all over it and wrote about it a lot. It's one of the earliest formulations from the 40's, I believe. It's somewhat more potent than adderall because sulfate has a low molecular weight compared to the salts in adderall, plus it isn't cut with levoamphetamine. Levoamphetamine is less potent and causes more of the unpleasant side effects. The logic is that this discourages abuse. I don't think it does, amphetamine is amphetamine and the isomer doesn't make as much of a difference for abusers as it does for legitimate users. It just makes the medicine shittier. When I was on adderall (10mg) I couldn't even stand in line, it made me so hyped-up and anxious to move around. It helped with school, but the side-effects were like coffee on a bad day and I had to ditch it eventually. Dexedrine is much more subtle - I don't really "notice" being on it, but it does its work well.

Invisibletrip forever
Stranger

#16144949 - 04/26/12 10:41 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

As much as I hate to admit it that's what I did near the end when my dose was so high. I literally just sat there and jerked off into the night. Either that or skateboard for hours on end, like 8 hours non stop till I landed a new trick.

My teachers were begging to put that shit on me too after I pleaded/begged the counselor I'd have none of it until my parents finally decided to. Sounds like I should've gotten dexendrine instead of aderall/Ritalin, because everything you mentioned was like me on it...Dexedrine sounds so much better.

Many of my hs friend were put on aderall/Ritalin and Christ the doses they give these kids. I weighed around 130 (scrawny fuck, due to suppression of appetite on adder all...) and was taking 60 mg pills for Christ sake!

You seem to know a lot about drugs, glad some people out there research it before trying/abusing :tripping:

--------------------

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

#16144976 - 04/26/12 10:50 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i got prescribed xanax because I'm on drug offender probation and i can't do drugs PERIOD unless prescribed

i do have bouts with anxiety from time to time, i guess it stems from all the stipulations and regulations of my community control and probation. if i fuck up one time I'm going to prison for a few years. so that in itself gives me major anxiety. as soon as i got out of jail a couple weeks ago my girlfriend (at the time) was prescribed xanax, i took one (which was stupid because i could've been drug tested at any time) figuring if i only took one i could flush my system in a day by drinking a gallon of water. well it made me feel absolutely perfect. No paranoia of violating probation, carefree, didn't give a shit that i was on house arrest. i was able to relax and produce some music (where normally when I'm off benzos I'm depressed at my whole legal situation and just pout and troll all over this forum)

so i went to the doctor and told him i had been taking my girlfriends medications and they were working really well for me socially and also with my depression. i know they normally don't give out scripts of xanax right off the bat but since i told him i had experience with the drug already he went ahead and prescribed be xanax that day.

matter of fact i just down a whole bar an hour or 2 ago and I'm feeling pretty mellow. now i can do drugs and take my random piss tests and land positive for benzos without violating probation and going to prison. YAY

Invisibletrip forever
Stranger

Re: Have you ever lied to get a prescription for recreational purposes? [Re: plasma]
    #16144992 - 04/26/12 10:55 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Were almost in the exact same boat, minus house arrest.

I've actually been getting anxiety over probation and one slip up may mean a while in jail. I'm sure I couldn't tell my doctor that I wished to be prescribed Xanax. I could play iit off and hopefully get some other type of pill or Xanax.

What symptoms did you tell him you had or was that basically all?

--------------------

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

#16145065 - 04/26/12 11:13 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Just tell your doctor that you've been a recluse due to major social anxiety. Tell him you have friends and they always ask you to come hangout but your anxiety sky rockets causing you to stay home. Tell him you want to participate more in class and always have questions but never speak up because of your anxiety.
You can even tell him that you've tried xanax from a friend before and it did help stabilize your anxiety to where you were able to act normal and freely around your friends and strangers. My doctor was aware that I had tried xanax without being prescribed, and i told him that it worked extremely well, I  had the ability to go out and hangout with people, socialize better, and just think more clearly. he won't look down on you for that. It will actually probably help you get what you want. Since he knows that you've tried it and it helped he should start you off on a small dose like .25's but after a couple weeks or a month just get him to keep upping your doses. Tell him that a .25 doesn't even phase your anxiety. So he'll bump you up to .5's. After that tell him its working but you still feel anxiety. Then he'll get you on bars.

It's not hard at all to get what you want, you just gotta know what to say and how to act around the doctor. try and act anxious while you're in his presence. I don't really NEED xanax, but its the only drug i want to take until I'm off probation. its relaxing and it takes the edge off everything

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

#16145071 - 04/26/12 11:14 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

trip forever said:
Were almost in the exact same boat, minus house arrest.

I've actually been getting anxiety over probation and one slip up may mean a while in jail. I'm sure I couldn't tell my doctor that I wished to be prescribed Xanax. I could play iit off and hopefully get some other type of pill or Xanax.

What symptoms did you tell him you had or was that basically all?

and yes, don't violate. i did and they put me in the county for 6 months in a rehab program. I'm now doing out patient treatment for the next 6 months with a bunch of crack and meth addicts. life is shitty right now but I'm making the best of it. fuck it

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order