Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleLongStrangeTrip
Deadhead

Re: Favorite philosophers/thinkers? [Re: LongStrangeTrip]
    #16137727 - 04/25/12 12:03 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Socrates

Do not get me wrong I love Socrates....but he did not ever write one word, you mean to recommend Plato

--------------------
Nothing I say or do is factual; every single thing I write is a work of fiction. Got no idea what I'm talking about here~

"Once in awhile, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"~  (Grateful Dead)

"o puer, qui omnia nomini debes"; "You, boy, who owe's everything to a name"~ Mark Anthony

"Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorum."; "Nothing is more unpredictable than the mob, nothing more obscure than public opinion, nothing more deceptive than the whole political system."~ Cicero

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblingbling
what you chicken stew?

Re: Favorite philosophers/thinkers? [Re: Karibdis]
    #16139568 - 04/25/12 08:29 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Karibdis said:
Quote:

blingbling said:
zizek is a fucking power house of ideas. i love watching his lectures. he rants like a fucking lunatic. check this out. it's a documentary made about his life and work.

It's Zizek's ability to candidly convey a good part of his network of mental reactions to concepts and events that makes him such a treasure.  He is never able to corral his ideas into easily digestible propositions, but that is not what we need in a twenty-first century philosopher.  In an age where the accumulation of information is a popular pursuit, his adroit, unapologetically chaotic synthesis of current events, popular culture, history, ontology, and epistemology, is a welcome counterbalance to the prescriptive philosophers, the philosopher-bureaucrats, who decide what is within the range of suitability for public discussion.  Even though he may sometimes paint with too broad a stroke and leap too quickly between subjects, his work, as a reflection of his own mental landscape and his eagerness for knowledge, is fascinating and inspirational.

wow... that was great :thumbup:

--------------------
Kupo said:
let's fuel the robots with psilocybin.

cez said:
everyone should smoke dmt for religion.

dustinthewind13 said:
euthanasia and prostitution should be legal and located in the same building.

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Favorite philosophers/thinkers? [Re: blingbling]
    #16149498 - 04/27/12 11:37 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Aleister Crowley

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom