Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePhalanxx
Stranger
Loc: Europe
Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless?
    #1612355 - 06/05/03 05:05 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'm referring to roughly 5g+ dry. I have taken a few high doses, and all I learned was not to bother taking them again. The thoughts shoot through your mind randomly at 90mph, you can't focus on them at all. For me it is total pointless confusion. :frown:

On lower doses, like around 2g, you can focus on the thoughts that float into your head, and make the most of them. You can contemplate and develop spiritual perceptions and insights. I have had quite rewarding trips on just 1g. Does anyone honestly find ultra-high doses useful? :confused: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineScubySnak420
Tripped OutCollege Girl

Loc: Orlando FL
Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: Phalanxx]
    #1612399 - 06/05/03 05:25 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I enjoy the complete mind fuck of higher doses. I have done about 8g cubes dry and had a lot of fun. I love just sitting there and thinking at 90mph as you say. I enjoy them, but I enjoy tripping more clear headed also, just depends on my mood. If I was ever going to trip by myself it would have to be on a high dose because it seem on high doses the outside world isn't as interresting as whats going on in your head. Thats just my opinion.

OfflinePala
Dharma Bum

Loc: Within You Without You
Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: ScubySnak420]
    #1612418 - 06/05/03 05:35 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'd say it all depends on what you're trying to do. If your goal is ego-loss, for example, high doses certainly do have a point. If you're trying to have a social tie with some friends, maybe not (depending on how high we're talking about). All depends on the purpose and the person.

--------------------
huh????

OfflineSuperficial
Existentialisthiccup
Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: Pala]
    #1612519 - 06/05/03 06:12 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Lower doses are definitely more useful if you have a goal in your mind. My one experience with 7g pc scared me witless, and I couldn't even walk properly, let alone contemplate the secrets of the universe.

Invisiblepsychopsilocyber
Male

#1612562 - 06/05/03 06:27 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Nothing beats the tail end of a 7 gram mushroom trip.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #1612661 - 06/05/03 06:58 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

High dose trips are in no way pointless. I belive they can actually be very functional and enlightening with people who are more experienced with tripping. To me, it seems the more I trip on higher dosages the more and more lower dosages seem pointless. Rather then doing 2 or 3 lower dose trips in a month, I would rather do one level 4 or 5 trip every month or every other month.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: djd586]
    #1612728 - 06/05/03 07:13 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

High doses are the most functional doses for me. A high dose, alone, 7g+ is how i can actually figure out what i need to about whatevers on my mind (generally, life). Low doses brings up some questions for me, but is no good for finding answers.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1612803 - 06/05/03 07:34 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I can't remember half the thoughts I had on my 5g dose of shrooms, but I do remember that when I came down, I had a profound new respect for life and this reality. I just said to myself, "What the fuck have I been complaining about this whole time?! Life is great!!!!" It was the most profound spiritual experience I've ever had. So to answer your question: No, they are not pointless. I learned a hell of a lot more from that experience than I did from the 2.5 grams I had previously done.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblepsychopsilocyber
Male

#1612883 - 06/05/03 08:03 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Terence McKenna says that there is a markable difference in those who eat 3.5 grams and those who eat above 5 grams.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1613041 - 06/05/03 09:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Definately!

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1613092 - 06/05/03 09:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Thats what its about right there man!

Offlinehotrod
bad mofo
Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1613123 - 06/05/03 09:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I almost always eat at least 7g. And I actually prefer to be by myself. Its amazing the things you learn about youself and how spirtual it really is. When someone else is around you tend to care to much what they thnk or how they act. When your alone you enter the depths of your own mind.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: hotrod]
    #1613274 - 06/05/03 10:14 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Thats why i feel its so important to eat them alone, because then there is nothing to distract you from what your facing, the good, or the bad in your own mind, and your more likely to come away having solved something. I would get irritated on a small dose alone.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineBitchCakes
The captain ofouter space

Loc: Sea Attole
Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: PDU]
    #1613725 - 06/06/03 01:39 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'm a big fan of 1g - 2g doses...I hardly ever take more unless its accidental

--------------------
-I'm a dork-

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
    #1614169 - 06/06/03 07:50 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys,

I think there is a thing about high doses that is important to mention here. That is, that sometimes a psychedelic experience isn't about focusing intensely on thoughts, or words in your head, but rather defocusing your mind and allowing the chaos of your mind to come forth and saturate your conciousness, like what Timothy Leary etc. always encouraged.

If you take a high dose, but then still try to cling on to some kind of ordinary reality, with words and sentences running through your head and forming thoughts, then yeah of course it is going to be overwhelming and probably confusing.

As was said before, a high dose can catalyse total ego loss. I find that when I'm in this state, normal thought patterns are obsolete, the experience is no longer in words but in other languages i.e. through visual and audio hallucinations.

I agree, if you want to think about things like your social life and stuff, or where you're going with your life or maybe if you want to look at some art and contemplate that, then a low dose is usually better. But for a more abstract / 'spiritually' rewarding trip, a high dose can be very satisfying.

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: zee_werp]
    #1614259 - 06/06/03 09:07 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

agreed, with high doses, you just have to let go and let the shrooms do the driveing for you, otherwise you're setting yourself up for an unpleasent experience.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #1614312 - 06/06/03 09:32 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well said. :grin: 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1614451 - 06/06/03 11:30 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Exactly. Low doses are more intellectual/emotional, whereas high doses are much more spiritual.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinepsilo9com
Koh Koh Gadget

Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1614861 - 06/06/03 02:20 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think high doses are kind of a show of manhood amongst drug users. You supposedly have a bravado or something if you can eat a half zip of shroomies and live to tell.

If your eating a high dose to impress someone or brag, then shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down and prepare for a total mindfuck. If your eating a high dose because you want to let your mind enjoy itself and take you to new places for a few hours, you've got a better mindset.

I like eating a few shrooms and just seeing breathing walls or laughing a lot, but I like eating a lot of shrooms and laying back with some good classical or folk music on and losing myself in winamp visualisations too.

It's like the difference between smoking a bowl or smoking a few blunts. You can smoke a bowl before you go to work, but don't smoke a few blunts if you have any plans in mind really, because that's not what being blunted is about.

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: psilo9com]
    #1614890 - 06/06/03 02:38 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think people who really do high doses think it's manly or vain.
If your really getting high it's like being a baby in a brand new world.
It can be terrifying and leave you shaking on the floor as your ego blast's into a million pieces. You realize that YOU or I are nothing in the cosmic scheme of things. Your just another little piece of creation but are connected to all.

I don't see how people think it's macho. The experiance is anything but macho.
People who brag about there manhood because of how high of a dose they take are probably not even taking that much. If they were the mushroom would be slappin the shit out of there over-inflated ego.
I find that most folk who take high doses do so because thats what works best for them. The ones who take high doses for ego inflating reasons usually get burnt rather quickly. :cool:

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

OfflinePala
Dharma Bum

Loc: Within You Without You
Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: chinacat72]
    #1615196 - 06/06/03 04:26 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

well said, chinacat. I'm planning a high dose mushroom and MAOI (Syrian Rue) trip for later this summer, and there certainly isn't any machismo about it. Sure, it takes bravery, but not machismo.

--------------------
huh????

InvisiblePhalanxx
Stranger
Loc: Europe
    #1615383 - 06/06/03 06:06 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for all the interesting opinions. :smile: 

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #1616766 - 06/07/03 02:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

My only dose below 5 gms was my first time. That was wonderful and allowed me to comunicate with people and open up to friends. All of my other trips were somewhere between 5 gms and 13gms. They usually had me stuttering, unable to speak because ideas came so quickly that I didn't have time to expess them before a new one would take its place on the tip of my tongue.
On high doses IMO, most of the fun to be had is inside of you. Interaction with others is good for certain stimulation, but being able to interact with the depths of your mind that are not normally accessable is more wonderful than anything to me.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Edited by Ekstaza (06/07/03 02:41 PM)

Offliner00tg04t
the main event

Loc: Canada
    #1616850 - 06/07/03 03:31 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I took a 7 dried gram dose of cubensis last night, it was crazy, my first real good visual trip instead of the normally mind fuck I get off 5g's... I enjoyed it alot...

--------------------
Bro'z b4 Hoe'z

OfflineKanibus
Killa KanProductions

Loc: Canada
    #1616900 - 06/07/03 03:59 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I dont like shroom trips that arent over high level 3.. anything under that is pretty much pointless to me because it doesnt feel as good as it could.

--------------------
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~
http://www.geocities.com/magicmushroominfo/
http://www.geocities.com/killakanproductions/
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1634049 - 06/14/03 10:26 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

It can be terrifying and leave you shaking on the floor as your ego blast's into a million pieces. You realize that YOU or I are nothing in the cosmic scheme of things. Your just another little piece of creation but are connected to all.

Oh hell yes. Last night was my first full on mushroom trip. Normally I have taken doses that are fairly easy to keep under control and are better for being around your friends, having a nice time, bonding etc.
I made the mistake of thinking eating 12 medium sized psilocybe subaugerosas would be a nice strong trip, without going overboard. What started off as a fairly intense bout of insane closed eye visuals while I lay on the floor with Tool ripping through my body, it got to the point where something hit me. This fear, out of nowhere just flattened me. I had managed to avoid nausea for a good 1 hour and 30 mins, but this scared the shit out of me, and I had to vomit.
What came after this is like no place I've been in before. This wouldn't even be considered a high dose to some people. I didn't know who I was, what I was, my whole face didn't feel like it was mine at all, like my whole body was alien. My whole mind was absolutely shattered, I have never been so afraid. I swore I was going insane, nothing could ease how uncomfortable I was. I was curled up on my bed talking to myself, trying to tell myself to accept this, that I was dying, and that I was nothing. Nothing existed, time didn't existed, nothing mattered, I didn't need anything at all. It was like floating in a void between life and death. In those 2 hours of despair, I did a lot of thinking. I thought about how image didn't mean shit, I thought about the people who cared about me, I thought about if I was coming down (you never think you, yourself, would wonder if you would never come down). There were moments when I managed to just let go, and would be relaxed for just a few seconds, then my mind would kick in again. Like it was struggling to let go of my ego.
So, I certiainly wouldn't say high doses are pointless. Scary, yes, they can be terrifying. It will be a while before I try a dose that high again, and next time I shall be prepared somewhat for it. And it's definitely something you have to do by yourself.

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: Sheepish]
    #1634094 - 06/14/03 10:50 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Sheepish,

>>I didn't know who I was, what I was, my whole face didn't feel like it was mine at all, like my whole body was alien. My whole mind was absolutely shattered, I have never been so afraid. I swore I was going insane, nothing could ease how uncomfortable I was.

That was the beginning of Ego loss.  You were grasping for the "I" that doesn't exist at the root of your perceptions.  Naturally a forced detachment from our deluded sense of self can be very overwhelming...but don't fear it...just allow it to come in.

I really wish people who want to trip on high doses of psychedelics had to take classes on meditation...before I learned how to meditate...tripping was just a mere enjoyment of the body for me.  Good way to enjoy a party and dance all night...but once I began my meditational practices, trips took on a whole new meaning for me.  And frankly, I'm glad I learned what I did from psychedelics. 

My sober meditations, however, go much deeper and much smoother than any psychedelic drug can take me...that's why I stopped tripping.  But if it wasn't for LSD or shrooms, I would never have begun down the road of meditation.

If you think 7grams of shrooms is incredible...wait til your first true taste of samadhi...they simply can't compare.  :smile:

Love & Light,

Boppity

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: Boppity604]
    #1634144 - 06/14/03 11:14 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

That was the beginning of Ego loss. You were grasping for the "I" that doesn't exist at the root of your perceptions. Naturally a forced detachment from our deluded sense of self can be very overwhelming...but don't fear it...just allow it to come in.

Yes, after I began coming down, I realised just what had happened. It was like my mind didn't want to let go, I was afraid to. It's something I've never encountered before, and the added unexpectedness of it didn't help. There were moments though where I stopped panicking enough to just let it wash over me. It seemed like I was dying, and I kept saying to myself in my mind "Just let it be, accept it, you will come back, you will come back".
Meditation is something I am keen to get into. I remember reading the Timothy Leary adapation of The Tibetan Book of the Dead (am I correct?) and reading about ego death, and trying to understand the concepts of ego death.
Do you know of any helpful links concerning ego death and mediation?

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#1634167 - 06/14/03 11:26 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I've had a plethora of good and bad, mild and heavy trips ... but I do have to say, and not only from my experience but also based on what other people have discussed with me, when you get above a certain dosage, it sometimes can feel like a completely different experience, and it usually is ...

One who is ready can expect to have positive life-changing experiences on said high-doses, though those who aren't ready, or are doing it just to 'show off' as I've seen many do, end up having potentially terrible experiences that can leave almost permanent mental scarring ...

I have come to find that although I am happy that I have taken high doses and seen what's truly 'beyond' this reality, beyond breathing walls and simple mindfuck, they have affected me so much that I can no longer ever even consider taking a high dose again, and I probably never will

I learned harsh lessons, but that's because I wasn't ready ...

Please make sure you are careful before ingesting high doses, it's no longer "i'll be down in a few hours", it's suddenly, "this is my new reality. this will never end" ... and even when you come down, on these doses, you will not forget everything you experienced and learned ...

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: HB]
    #1634656 - 06/15/03 06:58 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Indeed... perceiving yourself becoming pure energy that can not die, can be pretty scary if your minds not in the right place.

Take the intensity of your most beautiful trip and remember that intensity can be reversed to be mind-shattering terror and seemingly eternal despair.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: Grav]
    #1634699 - 06/15/03 07:57 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Not sure about that. I've had many hundreds of trips over many years and never felt the slightest despair. Just total and complete bliss every time.

Never found the size of the dose to make too much difference - I've had far more powerful trips on 3 dried grams than I have on 15 dried grams. Never felt that psychedelics were like beer where 10 pints is always stronger than 2 pints - the effects of psychedelics seem to be a lot more subtle and varied than that. Just my take on it.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: Xlea321]
    #1634755 - 06/15/03 09:04 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I agree. I think it depends a lot on the state of mind you're in before you trip.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #1640043 - 06/17/03 03:35 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I took 7grams at Bonnaroo. Before then, I'd dose 3.5. Nothing will come to the mind racing of acid. shrooms are different.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: Sheepish]
    #1640234 - 06/17/03 04:56 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Sheepish, I too had a miserable existence one night, which I outlined in my post A Bad Trip and Sympathy for Suicide . I was asking all these questions about everything and felt so horrible I felt I could sympathize with one who was ready to commit suicide, as at that point it didn't feel like anything.

And Boppity, I'd like to get into meditation, but I've never been able to do it. I don't know if it's a lack of concentration or what, but I've tried many times and never been able to cross over. Your experience with drugs making it easier for you to get there reminds me of something I once read that I guess Maynard James Keenan said, something like "Sure, you can use the drug to get there, but spend the next ten years of your life trying to get there without the drug."

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Offlinerduke
Stranger

Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: Xlea321]
    #1641550 - 06/18/03 05:07 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yes indeed....

Wait until your living that dream finnaly while your walking down that same road...

Mind Set and Setting are importaint...

That being said....Try not to walk down a highway at night while peaking....

OneLove

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: rduke]
    #1641579 - 06/18/03 05:37 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Slapnut, I don't know if this will help you, but when you want to meditate, don't try to concentrate at all on yourself, instead put on a Tool song or something, and try and really focus on the sound. Try and listen for sound in the music that isn't even there... Focus on what's behind the obvious in the music. :/

Anonymous

Re: Are ultra-high shroom doses pointless? [Re: Grav]
    #1641732 - 06/18/03 08:23 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

everytime I trip I wanna go higher and higher....I have not reached ego loss yet...not full anyways...my last trip was 7g's...I'm planning 9 next time...I do take paxil tho which may be why I need more than most ppl

OfflineBenJammin
From aPerpendicularUniverse
Loc: Western PA, USA
    #1690081 - 07/06/03 12:39 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with some of what both sides say. Personally, I'm a high dose/spiritual journey/alone or with my lover/less often/more intense user.

I think that everyone is different in their reaction to a dose and what they consider a "positve effect". An example of this is spicy food...I'm a hot pepper junkie...if my eyes don't tear and my brow doesn't sweat, it's not "spicy" to me. On the other hand, I know some people that consider themselves to be lovers of spicy food, and they will sweat and tear from what I call mild.

--------------------
"Pain is the cracking of the shell that encloses understanding."

-Kahlil Gibran

Invisibleatomicshaman
puppet master
Trans-female User Gallery

Loc: germany Flag
    #13922704 - 02/07/11 06:21 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i too have no love for the confusion and delerium that comes with high dose shrooming . in fact i HATE it . but if you want visuals that make dmt seem weak then go for it . i will never forget the way i felt when i had my first hallucinations on them . the sense of wonder and amazement was absolute bliss. .. a complete loss of reality can be the most beautiful experience of your life ! so i say a massive dose with the right set / setting and intention is something everyone should do at least once in thier life !! also i think its possible to control your thoughts at high doses , it takes discipline and maybe even some experience with meditation . difficult but not impossible !

--------------------
I only do legal drugs like alcohol , tobacco and valium so fuck off and die :goat:

:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale