Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEthanEdwards
In which Dorisgets her oats

Re: Dessicant whereabouts......? [Re: treehuggingreenei]
    #1615765 - 06/06/03 09:56 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I know this isn't really answering the question but in my cat's past attempts at using dessicant he found it to be pretty useless. A fan does a much better job and costs less since you probably already own one. Maybe a dessicant should be sought out just for sucking that last bit of moisture out, but even a fan might be able to do the whole job well enough.

--------------------
Everybody must give something back for something they got.- Bob Dylan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Dessicant whereabouts......? [Re: EthanEdwards]
    #1615901 - 06/06/03 11:29 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I had a lot of trouble finding desiccant in canada as well...hardware stores just don't seem too carry it up here....I eventually found indicating silica gel at a craft/hobbie shop...I suggest you look in that kinda place..if they don't have it they will most likely know where it is and point you in the right direction...

Offlinephotovorix
retard
Loc: US
Re: Dessicant whereabouts......? [Re: ]
    #1615924 - 06/06/03 11:46 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Did you ask for dessicant, or a name of a brand? They WONT know what you are talking about most likely, if you just ask for dessicant, they probably have damp rid, dryrite (spelling), stuff like that.

Quote:

I had a lot of trouble finding desiccant in canada as well...hardware stores just don't seem too carry it up here....I eventually found indicating silica gel at a craft/hobbie shop...I suggest you look in that kinda place..if they don't have it they will most likely know where it is and point you in the right direction...

Anonymous

Re: Dessicant whereabouts......? [Re: photovorix]
    #1615937 - 06/06/03 11:53 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I did everything man....they did'nt know what desiccant was....and never heard of damp rid, damp out, damp gone...I tried this at like 4 diff hardware stores in diff areas...and even went too home depot thinking they had too have it.....nope...

EDIT: they might have had that ice melt stuff tho I didn't know at the time you could use it so I didn't ask

Offlinebluesky
mushroom cowboy

Re: Dessicant whereabouts......? [Re: ]
    #1616237 - 06/07/03 07:57 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Go to BiLo and look in the isle with the mops and cleaning stuff and when you're ready, it will be there.  :wink: Damp-Rid is the only thing they have, me thinks. 

--------------------
You're my blue sky, you're my sunny day,
Lord you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way. Turn your love my waaaaaay, Yea.
-Richard (Dickey) Betts

Offlinetreehuggingreenei
noncomformist
Re: Dessicant whereabouts......? [Re: EthanEdwards]
    #1616681 - 06/07/03 01:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

>but in my cat's past attempts at using dessicant he found it to be pretty useless.<
Maybe your cat's trying to dry too much fruit or just drying a lot more than mine is.  Calcium chloride works really well for most cats who use an inch or so deep per square ft per a couple oz or so of fresh mushies and keep the dessicant stirred up regularly like it was a litter box. Your best bet  is bulk ice melt labeled calcium chloride as it easier to find and extracts much less coin from your valuable stash than damp rid etc. Damp rid $5.00 lb, calcium chloride ice melt $15.00 50lbs at my local Lowes but it I'm sure it will go up this winter for some reason. :smile:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom