Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Amazon Ayahuasca, Incense

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Drug Task Force busts Spice operation tied to smoke shops
    #16115391 - 04/20/12 10:11 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.thespectrum.com/article/20120420/NEWS01/204200306/Drug-Task-Force-busts-Spice-operation-tied-smoke-shops?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

Drug Task Force busts Spice operation tied to smoke shops

ST. GEORGE - As part of an eight-month-long investigation, the Washington County Area Drug Task Force made four arrests Wednesday in connection with the distribution of spice.

Lt. David Moss, commander of the drug task force, said the St. George smoke shops Hit it Up and Earrings and More, as well as the Washington City and St. George locations of Mike's Smoke Shop, were implicated in the sale and distribution of spice. A St. George warehouse and residence were also searched during the spice raid.

The spice collected from the smoke shops, residence and warehouse totaled more than 200 pounds, with an estimated street value of more than $1.5 million, according to a press release issued by the St. George Police Department.

Spice, a synthetic substance with effects similar to marijuana, was made illegal last year by the state Legislature.

An estimated 56 pounds of bath salt powder containing amphetamine-like chemicals were also found. The estimated street value for the powder is more than $600,000, according to the press release.

St. George residents Rachel Dora Wright, 26, and Jeremy Allen Wright, 36, the owners of Hit it Up, were arrested on charges of spice possession, spice distribution and each had two charges of child endangerment because children were found at the residence involved in the spice raid, Moss said. Rachel Wright faces $31,210 bail, and Jeremy Wright faces $50,587 bail.

The Wrights also rented a warehouse in St. George where spice manufacturing was allegedly taking place, Moss said.

Drug task force investigators believe the drug was being distributed outside of the state as well as within Utah, Moss said.

Others arrested in connection with the spice investigation included Rebecca Renee Beckham, 41, of Fredonia, Ariz. who was arrested on a charge of spice distribution and faces $10,000 bail and Terry Dwayne Beckham, 45, of Washington City, who was arrested on two counts of spice distribution and also faces a bail amount of $10,000.

The St. George Police Department, Washington County Sheriff's Office, Washington City Police Department, Adult Probation and Parole, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and the Drug Enforcement Administration also assisted in making the arrests, according to the press release.

In addition to the spice that was taken into evidence, the drug task force found $12,000 in cash that is believed to have been part of the financial transactions related to the sale of spice, Moss said.

Kicking off the investigation, detectives from the drug task force received a tip about alleged spice manufacturing at the warehouse operated by the Wrights, Moss said.

The owners allegedly told investigators the drug was being made using chemicals that had not been outlawed under Utah law.

"We went and got samples of the drugs they were distributing and took it on good faith that they were telling us the truth," he said.

Months ago, the investigators took some samples of the substance that was being manufactured at the warehouse, Moss said. After a few months of the samples being tested at the Utah Department of Public Safety crime lab, the results came back positive for some of the chemicals outlawed in Utah, Moss said.

Spice is often marketed as incense, according to the press release.

The drug is typically packaged in a small pouch or small clear container, and the ingredients listed on the packaging do not always reflect what's actually in the product, according to the release.

St. George City Councilman Gil Almquist said he is pleased with the outcome of the investigation.

"The criminals have been changing their formulas to try to avoid being caught," he said. "They have now brought to fruition getting this nasty material off the shelves. I don't think any business should be a front for another business."

Almquist said he encouraged the proactive approach taken by the local police during the spice investigation.

"I applaud the police for responding to a councilman's wishes," he said.

Almquist said the city would likely have a prototype of an ordinance ready within the next few months that would prevent smoke shops from selling certain products.

This would not allow shops to sell products that are marketed as "not for human consumption," but can be used as designer drugs, he said.

Moss said charges against other individuals that may have been involved in the spice operation are still pending, and warrants for additional arrests may be issued as the investigation continues.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineyoimjohn
Male

Loc: terra nova
Re: Drug Task Force busts Spice operation tied to smoke shops [Re: dwpineal]
    #16115446 - 04/20/12 10:29 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

i think you are just a fuckin retard if you smoke that shit. its that simple. all i hear about smoking that shit are negative things. yet i know multiple people who continue to smoke it despite all the deaths and psychological problems it gives people  whether it be at the moment or in the future. it still fucks with your shit. thats why if you smoke that shit and not weed you are an asshole, and deserve all the problems that come along with it.

i always told my friends one day im gunna be sayin i told u so, n they jus laugh it off. LOL

Offlinetr20josh
Boomer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Re: Drug Task Force busts Spice operation tied to smoke shops [Re: yoimjohn]
    #16115479 - 04/20/12 10:42 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Some people can't smoke weed because of UA's, whether they're for work, probation, or whatever.  I used it for a few months and decided I didn't like it.  That doesn't mean I'm going to condemn people who accept it as a reasonable substitute when smoking weed just isn't an option.  That would be an asshole thing to do.

--------------------
D.M.T said:
Why do Australians feel so left out from the rest of the world that all they ever have to say is how much they hate America?

We get it Australians, it sucks living on a floating rock where the drugs are expensive as fuck and everyone hates each other. You don't have to project your inferiority onto us.

OfflineLord_McLovin
mad scientist on shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: infinite dimensional void
    #16115512 - 04/20/12 10:59 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

yoimjohn said:
thats why if you smoke that shit and not weed you are an asshole, and deserve all the problems that come along with it.

My drug is better than yours! Your drug should be banned! :kingcrankey:

--------------------
Stand up. You're not alone.

OfflineMaito
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Ert
    #16115633 - 04/20/12 11:41 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

yoimjohn said:
i think you are just a fuckin retard if you smoke that shit. its that simple. all i hear about smoking that shit are negative things. yet i know multiple people who continue to smoke it despite all the deaths and psychological problems it gives people  whether it be at the moment or in the future. it still fucks with your shit. thats why if you smoke that shit and not weed you are an asshole, and deserve all the problems that come along with it.

i always told my friends one day im gunna be sayin i told u so, n they jus laugh it off. LOL

I heard negative things from other about every drug I've ever used. I'm sure that spice is fine in moderation and that the media is hyping it up.
Oh wait, let's just hop on the ban-wagon.

--------------------
You can't spell 'healthcare' without 'thc'

OfflineTripbin
Male
Re: Drug Task Force busts Spice operation tied to smoke shops [Re: Maito]
    #16115957 - 04/20/12 01:38 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Im sure the media does hype it up more but it is some nasty shit. If you hit a hot patch your sitting there violently shaking and hallucinating while feeling the weirdest feeling for about 30 minutes to an hour

Offlineyoimjohn
Male

Loc: terra nova
Re: Drug Task Force busts Spice operation tied to smoke shops [Re: Maito]
    #16116566 - 04/20/12 04:50 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Maito said:
Quote:

yoimjohn said:

I heard negative things from other about every drug I've ever used. I'm sure that spice is fine in moderation and that the media is hyping it up.

explain to me why my aunt smoked it and had to be taken to the hospital because she was having a seizure. they stuck tubes all in her n she almost died.
the only fake marijuana ive smoked was spiked 99 n it got me so paranoid n y heart beat was racing.

OfflineRemix
grammer natze
 User Gallery

#16116606 - 04/20/12 05:02 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

...because as unregulated black/grey market drugs nobody knows what the hell you or your grandma smoked. Seizures and cold/hot flashes have been associated with smoking regular Marijuana, too. She could've had an adverse reaction to any number of cannabinoids or just some of the herbs that were used in the material. The fact that our government is so irresponsible they would rather ban this stuff instead of testing it means nobody will ever know.

--------------------

Offlinetr20josh
Boomer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
    #16116618 - 04/20/12 05:04 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

yoimjohn said:
Quote:

Maito said:
Quote:

yoimjohn said:

explain to me why my aunt smoked it and had to be taken to the hospital because she was having a seizure. they stuck tubes all in her n she almost died.
the only fake marijuana ive smoked was spiked 99 n it got me so paranoid n y heart beat was racing.

Not everyone responds to this stuff the same way as your aunt.  Besides, who knows what meds she takes on a regular basis?  Maybe she's prone to seizures anyway?  I've seen alcohol, ayahuasca, and, yes, real marijuana induce seizures.  And you've tried one kind, so you're qualified to say that they're all terrible?

Not everyone is privileged enough to smoke pot.  For many of them, having the synthetic spice is a blessing.  I can't smoke weed because I'm on probation.  For a few months, I smoked spice, then decided I'd rather stay sober than run from my problems because that's all I was doing.  I have friends who don't like weed, and would rather smoke spice.  Everybody is different.

--------------------
D.M.T said:
Why do Australians feel so left out from the rest of the world that all they ever have to say is how much they hate America?

We get it Australians, it sucks living on a floating rock where the drugs are expensive as fuck and everyone hates each other. You don't have to project your inferiority onto us.

InvisibleShill
♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋

Re: Drug Task Force busts Spice operation tied to smoke shops [Re: Remix]
    #16119605 - 04/21/12 12:22 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Remix said:
...because as unregulated black/grey market drugs nobody knows what the hell you or your grandma smoked. Seizures and cold/hot flashes have been associated with smoking regular Marijuana, too. She could've had an adverse reaction to any number of cannabinoids or just some of the herbs that were used in the material. The fact that our government is so irresponsible they would rather ban this stuff instead of testing it means nobody will ever know.

The truth be told

--------------------
The countdown to the break up of the euro has officially begun.

A great financial crisis is going to erupt in Europe, and it is going to shake the world to the core.

If you were frightened by what happened back in 2008, then you are going to be absolutely horrified by what is coming next.

"You throw the sand against the wind
And the wind blows it back again."
- William Blake

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Amazon Ayahuasca, Incense

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service