Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechineseguy
Stranger

Loc: Chongqing, China
A Ganjafied Idea: The Suspension Chamber
    #1589362 - 05/29/03 03:49 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i was thinkn how yeilds are increased when the more surface area of substrate is exposed. when u have any substrate such as a cake or casing, there is always at least one side concealed by the ground, preventing mushrooms from growing. however, if one were to find a way to suspend cakes in the the fruiting chamber, the entire surface area would be exposed, hypothetically increasing yeilds. (especially if the mycelium was 100% ENcased w/ i.e. verm)

if one were to build some sort of aperatus or speailized fruiting chamber, this could be achieved (for example, running a line of fishing line back-and-forth across the middle of the chamber and suspending cakes from fishooks or impailing cakes on nails from the sides of the chamber, or a structure could be built and placed inside the chamber).

in addition to total surface exposure, one could take full advantage of the volume of the fruiting chamber. instead of being limitied to the floor space, cakes could be suspened throughout the entire air space of the enclosure, potentially increasing the amount of substrate by 5 times.

anybody ever tried this? (cus somebody ought to)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKlingonFromUranus
enthusiast

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: A Ganjafied Idea: The Suspension Chamber [Re: chineseguy]
    #1589404 - 05/29/03 03:57 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

If you rest your cakes on a wire mesh above the perlite in your terrarium, then most of the 'bottom' surface is exposed.

--------------------

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: A Ganjafied Idea: The Suspension Chamber [Re: KlingonFromUranus]
    #1589634 - 05/29/03 04:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

If you were to skewer your cake with a STERILE implement (maybe a williams sonoma kabob stick), you could have them suspended in your grow chamber, and have shrooms growing from all over the cake.  It's an interesting idea, try if it you'd like. I'd suggest putting about 4 per skewer, so the shrooms don't hit each other, then just let them go :smile:  Tell me how this works out, i'm not into growing off of cakes, but it's interesting none-the-less

jr

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

OfflinestraberyShRoOMCaKe
Loc: tHe LaNd 0f MiLk & H0neY
Re: A Ganjafied Idea: The Suspension Chamber [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1590039 - 05/29/03 05:50 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yeilds are determined by the amount of nutrients in substrate, amount of water available, how ideal growing conditions are, etc.  Surface area is only one aspect :wink:

--------------------

Offlinechineseguy
Stranger

Re: A Ganjafied Idea: The Suspension Chamber [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1590046 - 05/29/03 05:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, using stainless steel skewers would be the best way to do it. you would have to build some sort of a rack for them, either built into the side of the chamber or free standing. i'll give it some thought and see what i come up with.

Offlinechineseguy
Stranger

#1590377 - 05/29/03 07:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i talked my bro into building one of these contraptions and we just got back from the store and got some supplies:

he got a 90 gallon rubbermaid w/ clear lid, about 100'' of clear plastic "corner saver" which will be glued with two strips on each side of the chamber and serve as the skewer rack, and he got some thin dowling which will be cut in half, sharpened and serve as the skewers.

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
    #1590627 - 05/29/03 07:47 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I would rather not use cakes, and not build alot of shit, and watch tv, and yield just as much. Just my opinion though.

Offlinechineseguy
Stranger

#1608979 - 06/04/03 06:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Behold the Chinese Suspension Chamber:

there are enough slots for 10 skewers, with each skewer capeable of holding 3 cakes (max 30 1/2 pint cakes).

if one were to use only the floor space, there would be room for about 12 cakes. air exchange may be provided by an air pump and air stones (poor mans pod, Magash).

OfflineRustik
Where am I?

#1609024 - 06/04/03 06:50 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Cool setup. How far apart can the cakes be spaced?

--------------------

The blue... the blue!!!

Edited by Rustik (06/04/03 06:52 PM)

OfflineShaMan1988
ShaMaN InC.
Loc: my room, my house, my rul...
Re: A Ganjafied Idea: The Suspension Chamber [Re: Rustik]
    #1609096 - 06/04/03 07:16 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

that's a horrible idea considering the amount of time you're wasting. i'm with tak. half of the things that other people say, you seem to ignore. open up, let your mind absorb, knowledge is power, remember that. it's your time to move onto grains grasshopper
:wink:

shaman

Offlinechineseguy
Stranger

Re: A Ganjafied Idea: The Suspension Chamber [Re: ShaMan1988]
    #1609167 - 06/04/03 07:52 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

>>Cool setup. How far apart can the cakes be spaced?<<

afoaf plans on spacing the cakes about 4'' apart

>>that's a horrible idea considering the amount of time you're wasting. i'm with tak. half of the things that other people say, you seem to ignore. open up, let your mind absorb, knowledge is power, remember that. it's your time to move onto grains grasshopper<<

thanks dog  :wink: . i spent a total of about 30 mins putting this together. I KNOW grains and casings generally yeild better results than BRF and cakes, but why should that prevent someone from tinkering with other setups? also, for you (or anyone) to assume that a member's # of posts in indicative of their experience is ignaorant.     

InvisibleLiL_KuSsH
Lost In The Trip
I'm a teapot

Deleted [Re: chineseguy]
    #1609182 - 06/04/03 07:57 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator

Invisiblepussycontrol
unregistered

Loc: unregistered
    #1609191 - 06/04/03 08:03 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I dont think he was being arrogant at all. I dont see how he judged your posts either, ive been here 2 years but im not a post whore either, nor do i talk shit.

I think what he was trying to say was. It doesnt matter if all sides are exposed. Yeah it may sound cool and you may see more shrooms all a once, Meaning: Not as many flushes. But the FACT that Still-stands that he tried to make was: MoreFood/MoreCakes Mean More mushies. And if your going to that much trouble why not just try Popcorn/Birdseed/Pooo. Thats where you wanna be, with growing materials that are advanced, Ones that provide a better flush, Better Potency.
In the end either way, 1 cake makes about 6-8 grams shroomies dry.1/2 pint. Either way you cannot manipulate it to make more.

If More are growing on the bottom, It's Obvious Less will grow on top.

InvisibleLiL_KuSsH
Lost In The Trip
I'm a teapot

Deleted [Re: LiL_KuSsH]
    #1609199 - 06/04/03 08:06 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Offlinechineseguy
Stranger

Re: A Ganjafied Idea: The Suspension Chamber [Re: LiL_KuSsH]
    #1637922 - 06/16/03 04:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

heres a small sample of how my horrible idea turned out.

as you can see, the skewer could barely support the weight..............................  :laugh: = me   

Anonymous

#1637953 - 06/16/03 04:39 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Thats awesome, but fishhooks, nails, and skewers? what did the poor cakes do to you?.... oh well seeing that last picture i guess they liked it. lmao

InvisibleLiL_KuSsH
Lost In The Trip
I'm a teapot

Deleted [Re: four20snakeman]
    #1638004 - 06/16/03 05:00 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

InvisiblePsilosKube
I'm eat todd did

Loc: In bed with your woman
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: chineseguy]
    #1638057 - 06/16/03 05:34 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
PK

All information and images posted by myself are fictional and for entertainment purposes only. I accept no responsibility for inapropriate or Illegal use of this information.

Invisiblevitamink
This weathersucks
Loc: Steers and Queers
Re: A Ganjafied Idea: The Suspension Chamber [Re: PsilosKube]
    #1638068 - 06/16/03 05:39 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

that is a fucking DOPE idea man. kinda like the Omega grower. utilizing all avialible surface area to get awesome yeilds.

ever think of doing a vertical suspension chamber? i.e. the skewers are hung vertically as opposed to horizontally? that way, the skewers could hold much more weight!!

badass idea!

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #1638940 - 06/17/03 03:48 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

this tek has been done before
"bulk cake tek"

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck