Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBig_Noyd
Stranger
What are the negative MENTAL side effects to magic shrooms?
    #1608747 - 06/04/03 05:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

What are shrooms short (or long)-term effects on the mind? If Its gonna make me like a retard then I want none of it... weed made me so stupid I had a math test and I couldnt even remember how to use the calculator (I wasnt even high, I just didnt remember for no reason, just blacked out) that was 2 weeks ago and thats when I said f*ck weed, I feel smart now, memorys good, think fast, did good on my finals, dunno I havent felt like this in a looong time... pretty much smoked daily for 6 months =\

It really does make you stupid, try being a stoner & in college at the same time you'll realize how useless it makes you. Since 2 weeks ago every day that goes on without me smoking is like I get a parts of my brain back.

Anyway, do mushrooms have the same effect? I dont give a f*ck about my lungs or liver, Im young i can take the punishment for years so thats not a concern right now, Im talking just mental, I need to be in an intelligent state of mind for my new & 10x harder classes, the ones I've passed are merely the piece of cake ones.

Edited by Big_Noyd (06/04/03 05:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrip
Lost Pilgrim

Re: What are the negative MENTAL side effects to magic shrooms? [Re: Big_Noyd]
    #1608861 - 06/04/03 05:55 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I actually find myself being abe to think quite well while on shrooms. i cant talk at all though. my words all slurr togeather. i cant seem to make my tounge work. there are really no long term side effects except it can aggravate schizophrania and other mental diseases if you have them already.

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: What are the negative MENTAL side effects to magic shrooms? *DELETED* [Re: Trip]
    #1608934 - 06/04/03 06:21 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: What are the negative MENTAL side effects to magic shrooms? [Re: poke smot!]
    #1609003 - 06/04/03 06:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I find shrooms to be a neural stimulant, it kinda boosts my brain power kinda like over clocking a p.c only without the damage. As for weed I know what you mean I have now quit simply because it make me feel useless un-motivated and its hard to go uni when i am smoking, cos there is too much work and too much to take in.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

OfflineMistaSmokupalot
Necrophiliac
Male

Loc: Between Heaven and Hell
Re: What are the negative MENTAL side effects to magic shrooms? [Re: EvilGir]
    #1609091 - 06/04/03 07:13 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It tottaly depends on your person.

Too many bad trips, mind confusing trips, or just plain WACKED out trips can make a person different.  I'm different..I've had many and many and many bad trips, and my mind is tottaly FREAKED because of those, my thoughts and perceptions have changed and some of my freinds have started to dislike me.  Then again, I have had some positive changes, mushrooms have made me be real close to earth, and god etc, makes me think about alot.

As long as you don't do them alot, you will be fine.  You will feel stupid the day after so do them on a friday or saturday so you odn't feel stupid in school...some people may not feel this stupidness, but I sure do, gotta think about everything ebfore I do it :wink:

peace.

--------------------

Offlinekristina420
kronickrissy
Loc: Alberta
Re: What are the negative MENTAL side effects to magic shrooms? [Re: MistaSmokupalot]
    #1609103 - 06/04/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i agree that it depends on the person, because the same goes for pot. you say pot makes you stupider, and maybe it does, but i know for me, pot makes me smarter.....i wouldnt have passed my social final exam(written part) if i hadnt been high, because it made me think of things i never would have otehrwise. also, in science, i got 90's and 100's on tests that i wrote while high. so for me, weed makes me smarter. for shrooms, they might make one person stupider but another person smarter

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: What are the negative MENTAL side effects to magic shrooms? [Re: kristina420]
    #1609156 - 06/04/03 07:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I find mushrooms make me feel smarter while tripping as well....when I'm coming down I get a lil dumb tho...I'll take forever too do a simple task or just get lost in thought...but it only lasts for a couple hours...and the next day I feel perfectly normal...I have yet too have any kinda negative side effects from shrooms...just good fun for me :smile:

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: What are the negative MENTAL side effects to magic shroo [Re: ]
    #1609500 - 06/04/03 09:58 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

If you do mushrooms a fair amount of times you won't be the same, not to say this is a bad thing at all, I believe that when you trip you are at a point where you can sit back and really analyse life, you mind is somewhat "reborn" in my opinion. Those of you who have tripped a dozen or so times, just think about your daily thoughts, views and ideas before you started to trip. I know that I was really differnt, I listened to dumb "popular rap" and was basically your average teenager, but now I just laugh and all my peers that are caught up in being popular and watching MTV, lol. Not to good of an explaination of my thoughts, but i'm tired and need to sleep. Peace.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

Re: What are the negative MENTAL side effects to magic shroo [Re: Cubieman420]
    #1609670 - 06/04/03 10:45 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I do great in college and i smoke weed just about everyday. It helps me focus at times and is a good way to unwind at the end of the day. Makes learning fun in some sense. Don't poo poo it just because you couldn't hack it.

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
Re: What are the negative MENTAL side effects to magic shroo [Re: TheDude]
    #1619803 - 06/09/03 02:21 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Big_Noyd,
be aware that shrooms CAN permenantly change u...
I'm not saying they WILL, but rather that it's a possibility.
It happened to me and I wasn't aware of the repercussions.
I would advice that u do a LOT of research (i.e. spend a month
finding out everything u can about shrooms and trip reports)
before making your decision.
Shrooms are very powerful avenues of exploration, not to
be taken lightly...

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

Anonymous

Re: What are the negative MENTAL side effects to magic shroo [Re: lucid]
    #1620041 - 06/09/03 04:22 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think some drugs changed me...shrooms just aren't one of them...I think it has to do with the fact that its a realively short trip when compared too acid and some other psychedelics...also for me shroom trips are always "happy" full of beautiful colours and positive imagery

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #1620049 - 06/09/03 04:32 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The affect of mushrooms has more to do with your personality than the alkaloids in them. If you have particularly bad experiences it will change you as any bad experience will - you may even suffer post-dramatic stress disorder after a particularly nasty one (ive read about this from bad LSD experiences (not that ive had one :smile: )).
The major possibilities are PHPD which is rare and is often limited to a few tracers and visual distortions - and this will fade with time 99.99%.
They may agrevate a preexisting mental issue - such as latent schizophrenia or psychosis - as certain minds are unable to restore the previous brain chemisty and or return to a normal function state. but this is just as possible with LSD< and more so with weed as the brain chemisty of heavy weed smokers is almost identical to that of a paranoid schizophrenic.
The other issue is that some people feel that mushrooms can affect your ability to speak clearly - and a have a few friends who agree that after a period of heavy use, they have found it hard to formulate coherant sentences for a short period afterwards. But this is only observational.
I think the main point here is that mushrooms themselves are rarely dangerous. If you are interested in them for fun, and they dont turn out to be, then they may not be for you. If your interested in them for shamanic/ethnogenic learning, then again they may serve your needs.
But be aware that your mind and how you approach the experience has just as much if not more to do with the experience itself than the mushrooms.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1622470 - 06/09/03 10:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

PSYCHOACTIVE EFFECTS OF PSILOCYBIAN MUSHROOMS
Symptoms produced by eating fresh hallucinogenic mushrooms begin to occur within 15 to 30 minutes after ingestion (or from 5 to 10 minutes when prepared in the form of tea or soup). Symptoms persist for up to four to six hours after ingestion. In 1960, Clinical effects for psilocybine intoxication in humans was reported as being Hollister et al., 1962):

"0-30 minutes - Slight nausea, giddiness (light-headed), abdominal discomfort, weakness, muscle aches and twitches, shivering, anxiety, restlessness, and a numbness of lips.

30-60 minutes - Visual effects (blurring, brighter colors, sharper outlines, longer after-images, visual patterns with closed eyes). Increased hearing, yawning, sweating, facial flushing. Decreased concentration and attention, slow thinking, feelings of unreality, depersonalization, dreamy state. Inco-ordination, tremulous speech.

60-120 minutes - Increased visual effects (colored patterns and shapes, mostly with eyes closed). Wave-motion of viewed surfaces. Impaired distant perception. Euphoria, increased perception, and a slowed passage of time.

120-240 minutes - Waning and nearly complete resolution of above effects. Returning to normal within 4-12 hours. Other effects often include: Decreased salivation and appetite; uncontrollable laughter; transient sexual feelings and synesthesias (e.g., `seeing' sounds)."

For comparison with the clinical experience described above, the following is an excerpt from one of R. Gordon Wasson's experience with psilocybin mushrooms:

"The mushrooms take effect differently with different persons. For example, some seem to experience only a divine euphoria, which may translate itself into uncontrollable laughter. In my case I experienced hallucinations. What I was seeing was more clearly seen than anything I had seen before. At last I was seeing with the eye of the soul, not through the coarse lenses of my natural eyes. Moreover, what I was seeing was impregnated with weighty meaning: I was awe-struck."

mjshroomer

Offlinepsilyhunter
Big Nerd
Loc: Wherever I am
Re: What are the negative MENTAL side effects to magic shrooms? [Re: Big_Noyd]
    #1623621 - 06/10/03 12:12 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I smoked weed every day in college and graduated with honors. One of my best friends was valedictorian and was high most of the time. There are many bright and fully functional people who feel pot enhances their brain. You have but to adjust how you think.

--------------------
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Chart your own course... but only from here to there.

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: What are the negative MENTAL side effects to magic shroo [Re: Big_Noyd]
    #1623737 - 06/10/03 01:29 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

If you use mushrooms the way you used to use weed, you will very quickly find yourself unable to function in society.

If you use weed the way sensible people use mushrooms, you will get infinitely more out of the drug.

It's all a matter of moderation.

Offlinehamilton
friend
Male

Loc: delta Flag
Re: What are the negative MENTAL side effects to magic shrooms? [Re: Trip]
    #16110052 - 04/19/12 03:16 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

the side effect i see the most is people go into a fantasy world when they do mushies to often, you can become detached from reality at times , just dont do them to much and you will be fine, as far as health i have seen no harmful side effects in anyone yet in years, to much of any thing can be bad, thats probly why god made them seasonal so you couldnt have them all the time, who knows?

--------------------
i love you !and look forward to shroomin wicha !

InvisibleLocky
Dont Spill Me!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over here, yes, here
Re: What are the negative MENTAL side effects to magic shrooms? [Re: hamilton]
    #16110092 - 04/19/12 03:50 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Even if i have a bad trip i come out of it loving the world and having much more respect towards life.

I cant imagine shrooms giving you mental damage, unless you abuse the shit out of them, then yes.

--------------------

Offlinequebus
Stranger

Re: What are the negative MENTAL side effects to magic shrooms? [Re: Locky]
    #16117656 - 04/20/12 08:02 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I do shrooms once every 2 -3 weeks and I'm beginning to see a "cumulative" effect.  First is dose -  a 2g dose (lemon/tea tek) kicked my ass today.  10 minutes into the trip and I was fighting hard, trying to let go.  It was as if there was an accumulation in my system.  I have gone as high as 2.8g and thought cutting it back to 2.0g would make it easier - NOT!

Also, my heart and respiratory condition seem to be aggravated.  My face is flush with red splotches and the blood vessels in my temple area are pronounced and pulsating.  I can't remember much of my trips - except that I feel like I'm gonna die.

When I'm done, I swear them off until things settle down a few hours later and I find the tranquility and peace that I enjoy so. 

Anyway - after a year of two times a month, I'm taking a break.  While the shrooms do solve my anxiety issues short term, I sense during the period between trips I am more apt to have symptoms of depression and I lack focus.

That's enough for a while.

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: What are the negative MENTAL side effects to magic shrooms? [Re: quebus]
    #16117696 - 04/20/12 08:14 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Mental side-effects?

Going crazy in search of the answer only to find out it doesnt exist.

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies