Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTOTALQAOS
UNI-Evo

Loc: MILKYWAY GALAXY
i cant get a straight answer from the search forum!!!!!
    #1608137 - 06/04/03 04:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Can someone answer this question for us absent-minded people one last time!!!

How much honey to water ratio---in ml's???? Pls.!!!

Sorry if this question was posted a million other times---but there are a million different answers for it----we need an exact answer!!!
Thanx, TQ

--------------------
An' if you swallow too many of the magic mushrooms/ whoops! --did i say magic mushrooms/
I ment fungus/Your tounge gets swoll'd up like a cows tounge/(How come?) /Cuz it comes from a cows dung!!! "EMINEM"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: i cant get a straight answer from the search forum!!!!! [Re: TOTALQAOS]
    #1608147 - 06/04/03 04:08 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The basics: optimal ratio 4% honey/sugar and 96% water. For 100ml of water this is about 8 grams of honey. Even simpler, for 100ml of water use ~1 tbsp of honey. I use 1/2 pint jars. You can use a regular metal lid and band and pop a nail hole in the lid or use a plastic lid with a septa port (for syringes, self-healing). If you use the metal lid just put a couple pieces of duct tape over the hole. Put the water in HOT. This helps the honey mix in. Drop in 2 marbles (used to break up mycelium). Add the honey. Close jars and shake till well mixed (no unmixed honey, will look like very light piss). PC at 15 pi1 for 10-15 minutes (not too long or sugar carmelizes). Let cool. Innoculate. If using metal lids with duct-taped holes make sure you have a piece of duct tape handy to cover the hole immediatley after innoculation. Incubate. Check/Shake every 24 hours. Should be ready within 3 days of innoculation. 4 at most. Use what you need and refrigerate the rest. You can keep a culture alive for a very long time like this. Makeup some syringes full of sterile water so you shoot the water into the jar and then suck it back up. This way the jar really never runs out. When the culture starts to wear thin (usually around 10 syringes for 100ml of culture) just use one the culture syringes to innoculate a fresh jar of honey water. Also, healthy mycelium in honey water looks somewhat like stringy cotton and will break up rather easily (don't forget those marbles!). Contams are powdery and sit on the bottom and kick up like a dust cloud when shaken. Hope that helps

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineTOTALQAOS
UNI-Evo

Re: i cant get a straight answer from the search forum!!!!! [Re: Magash]
    #1608179 - 06/04/03 04:16 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

thanx magash!!!! i read that one "1teaspoon per 100ml"----but like i said there were a hundred other answers there also!!! my other-self plans to do a couple big ass jars so we can grub some--he-he! but now what i need to know is how much mycelium dose one have to down to trip?????

--------------------
An' if you swallow too many of the magic mushrooms/ whoops! --did i say magic mushrooms/
I ment fungus/Your tounge gets swoll'd up like a cows tounge/(How come?) /Cuz it comes from a cows dung!!! "EMINEM"

OfflineMAGICSNOOP
mob boss
Loc: bud park
    #1608204 - 06/04/03 04:24 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i think its more of a process than just drinking the water total. if that was what u were intending. plus u might get sick cuz u just dont know what is growing in there. but i think it is alot of mycleim culture u have to down before u catch a buz even. its a process i read it here somewhere

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #1608205 - 06/04/03 04:24 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry wish I could help there but eating myc hasen't really crossed my mind.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleSorted
Monkee
Loc: UK
Re: i cant get a straight answer from the search forum!!!!! [Re: Magash]
    #1608267 - 06/04/03 04:42 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You sure about those ratios? A tablespoon of honey weighs at least 20g, which seems quite a bit to use in 100ml of water. Personally I only use a teaspoon per 300ml of water which has worked fine so far.
Unfortunately there's some molds which can be confused with mycelium when in honey water...it's not fun injecting a load of jars with what looks like healthy mycelium but turns out to be bright yellow mold :tongue: 

OfflineTOTALQAOS
UNI-Evo

Re: i cant get a straight answer from the search forum!!!!! [Re: Sorted]
    #1608281 - 06/04/03 04:46 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I WROTE TEASPOON-----WE'LL USE 1TEASPOON PER 100ML'S TO BE SAFE!

--------------------

InvisibleSorted
Monkee
Loc: UK
    #1608328 - 06/04/03 05:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I know YOU wrote teaspoon...I was replying to Magash who said 'tbsp'..hence the Re:Magash in the top of my post :tongue:

OfflineAmanita_Dreamer
Rotting HumanCorpse

Loc: The 666th Plane of HELL
Re: i cant get a straight answer from the search forum!!!!! [Re: Sorted]
    #1608876 - 06/04/03 08:00 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

This was done with no acurate measurements AT ALL!

cornsyrup + water pc?d for about 30 min let cool and innoc

about three days later added about 8 - 10cc of hydrogen Peroxide for gas exchange... No contams and about 10 syringes of THICK mecallium came out ........................so much for PERCISION huh??

--------------------

Edited by Amanita_Dreamer (06/04/03 08:03 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation