Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesanchothestoner
Satan's Grandson
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Bucketheadland
Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: carnage11]
    #16078409 - 04/12/12 12:09 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

You should smoke more.

--------------------
I fucking hate you... God damn, I love you...
But we both know if we stick together, we'll just tear ourselves apart
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are grey
You are my heroin, but there's an abscess... God damn, I miss the vein!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEverything
(~} ;-}
Male User Gallery

Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: Pobeese]
    #16078426 - 04/12/12 12:18 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

sanchothestoner said:
You should smoke more.

Quote:

carnage11 said:
No. :noyoudidawet:

Quote:

Pobeese said:
Quote:

psilocybinjunkie said:
You're not smokin very much at all.

I totally just got called out for using the word "dosage" in one of my posts in ODD. Why is it that everyone can just give very blatant dosage advice in the psychedelic experiences thread?

InvisiblePsilosomniac
Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: Everything]
    #16078439 - 04/12/12 12:25 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Everything said:
Quote:

sanchothestoner said:
You should smoke more.

Quote:

carnage11 said:
No. :noyoudidawet:

Quote:

Pobeese said:
Quote:

psilocybinjunkie said:
You're not smokin very much at all.

I totally just got called out for using the word "dosage" in one of my posts in ODD. Why is it that everyone can just give very blatant dosage advice in the psychedelic experiences thread?

Because psychedelics tend to be much more difficult if not impossible to overdose on. :shrug:

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: Psilosomniac]
    #16078459 - 04/12/12 12:30 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

While in the physical sense that is correct, I think also people should understand that a 'psychological overdose' is a very real possibility with a psychedelic. There is some degree of reckless dosing advice pertaining to mushrooms and LSD and other psychedelics under the assumption that one can not overdose. But really there is going to be a point in upping the dose where a person is going to be too high, out of control, it may be a positive reaction or it may be a negative one, but that possibility is very real, and I'd call that an overdose  I think...

OfflineComrade Red Spore
Stranger

Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: drr]
    #16078472 - 04/12/12 12:36 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

drr said:
While in the physical sense that is correct, I think also people should understand that a 'psychological overdose' is a very real possibility with a psychedelic. There is some degree of reckless dosing advice pertaining to mushrooms and LSD and other psychedelics under the assumption that one can not overdose. But really there is going to be a point in upping the dose where a person is going to be too high, out of control, it may be a positive reaction or it may be a negative one, but that possibility is very real, and I'd call that an overdose  I think...

On that note, to put it simply, the possibility of psychedelically induced psychosis is very real, and I don't mean to pun, but no psychedelic should be taken lightly. For real.

OfflineEverything
(~} ;-}
Male User Gallery

Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: Psilosomniac]
    #16078507 - 04/12/12 12:53 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I actually wrote about that in the other thread. I've heard from a couple people i know of them, not just someone they know, but actually them almost deciding to jump into a freezing river or trying to actually kill themselves by dropping their cellphone in the water, or purposefully running in front of a car.

The first one was because the kid got so fixated he had a very extreme urge to jump in and thought something no short of enlightenment would come from it,maybe lol who knows :shrug:.

the person who put the cellphone in a bathtub was just frying way too hard on acid. They kept asking what time it was over and over and over.....like every 30-60 seconds thinking at least minutes had passed by. The people he was with decided to put him in the bathtub, probably to chill out and so they wouldn't have to deal with him. he got stuck in this thought loop where he thought if he killed himself while tripping it would end his trip and he would wake up, he ACTUALLY thought dropping his cellphone in water would kill him,even while sober, only after this event did he figure out it doesn't electrocute you.

The third person i actually heard second hand. Some girl who fried way too hard as well, not listening to dosage advice I had told someone to tell her.....She thought she was experienced, like she was jimi or some shit...NO thank god she had some friends looking out for her. i don't actually know this person to be honest, but i may have met them in a different situation.

Offlinesanchothestoner
Satan's Grandson
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Bucketheadland
Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: Comrade Red Spore]
    #16079164 - 04/12/12 08:26 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Comrade Red Spore said:

On that note, to put it simply, the possibility of psychedelically induced psychosis is very real, and I don't mean to pun, but no psychedelic should be taken lightly. For real.

Word.  Drugs aren't bad, but they can be bad.  If you treat them with respect, which most people don't, you should be fine.

--------------------
I fucking hate you... God damn, I love you...
But we both know if we stick together, we'll just tear ourselves apart
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are grey
You are my heroin, but there's an abscess... God damn, I miss the vein!

InvisiblePsilosomniac
Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: drr]
    #16079857 - 04/12/12 11:23 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

drr said:

Oh, absolutely. I just meant that the logic behind allowing dosage advice in this forum was that many drugs discussed in the ODD forum can actually kill you from an overdose as opposed to most psychedelics that are nearly impossible to physically overdose on. There's no doubt that dosage should be paid close attention to when dealing with psychedelics though.

Invisiblechooken
Between the Earth and Sky
Male

Loc: Aus Flag
Re: Am I smoking too much?erpurplemonkeydishwasher [Re: Psilosomniac]
    #16079948 - 04/12/12 11:44 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry for continuing off-topic, but I think dosage advice should be restricted a bit more in TPE - especially with RC's which do get posted about fairly often.

--------------------
[

InvisiblePsilosomniac
Re: Am I smoking too much?erpurplemonkeydishwasher [Re: chooken]
    #16080171 - 04/12/12 12:42 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I think dosage advice should always be considered just that: advice. People should know that everybody is different, and that nobody can predict how a stranger will respond to a dose. :shrug:

OfflineSoreSpore

Loc: Halfway there...
Re: Am I smoking too much?erpurplemonkeydishwasher [Re: chooken]
    #16080186 - 04/12/12 12:46 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

chooken said:
Sorry for continuing off-topic, but I think dosage advice should be restricted a bit more in TPE - especially with RC's which do get posted about fairly often.

Dosage is pretty important in this section as it helps us to get a grip on the subjective, personal narrative of which you are reading. Personally, I like understanding the whole when discussing or commenting on a topic. :thumbup:

Offlinergsamson1989
College Graduate
Male

Loc: USA
Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: chooken]
    #16080196 - 04/12/12 12:48 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I wake and bake with Purple Haze everyday. Go to class "I already graduated" till 4:30. Smoke a bowl on the way to work "most likely schwag". Get to work at 5 and smoke a one hitter a couple times throughout work. Get home at midnight and blow down hard on some Green Crack and then go to sleep.

That is my, or was my schedule and I am a married college grad with a full time job. You can find balance in everything if your mind is willing to slow down and find a solution.

--------------------
                                          "A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn't there."

(All of my post are a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, events and incidents either are the product of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously.)

OfflineTheall
Stranger

Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #16084788 - 04/13/12 12:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TheMushroomJesus said:
I smoke all day and its ruining my life day by day.

Seriously?

OfflineLuueschen
Vampire

Loc: Southern CA Flag
Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: Theall]
    #16084996 - 04/13/12 01:17 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i find that the herb is most medicinal when it is smoked occasionally...say 4-6 times a month in large portions

however i smoke every day, mild short term memory loss and an inability to get super stoned are my only side effects, really...oh and a tendency to eat a lot of granola

--------------------
www.soundcloud.com/spacecowboy2112
www.youtube.com/leapinlueschen
www.facebook.com/jens.lueschen

"The creatures of the night, what beautiful music they make..."

OfflineSynapse Trap
Eating God's Holy Cannabis Plant
 User Gallery

Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: JimLahey]
    #16085033 - 04/13/12 01:27 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

JimLahey said:
I was able to get my BA while smoking all day everyday and am still able to do fine in law school smoking a g a day, its all about moderation bro and you are doing just fine.

I hope you prosper and put the dopers behind bars.

:congrats: 

:harassment:

--------------------
Synapse Trap

:flyhigh:

Offlinecarnage11
Mushroom Magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: 407 Flag
Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: Synapse Trap]
    #16085103 - 04/13/12 01:46 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Honestly, in my opinion, if you do anything habitually, it's probably too much.  There are exceptions of course, but drinking or doing drugs everyday and mostly because you do it everyday, it's probably a bad thing.

Of course....I'm not anyone to say anything, as I drink and smoke weed everyday myself. :shrug:

Though, I see it as a problem, and would like to cut back.  It's all lost it's magic now anyways.  Heck, I don't even really get drunk or stoned anymore.  I have such a high tolerance now.

--------------------
You're breathing so I guess you're still alive
Even if signs seem to tell me otherwise.

OfflineJimLahey
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C...
Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: Synapse Trap]
    #16085945 - 04/13/12 04:59 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Synapse Trap said:
Quote:

JimLahey said:
I was able to get my BA while smoking all day everyday and am still able to do fine in law school smoking a g a day, its all about moderation bro and you are doing just fine.

I hope you prosper and put the dopers behind bars.

:congrats: 

:harassment:

....I am in school for the defense side jackass. :donkey:

--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

Edited by JimLahey (04/13/12 05:08 PM)

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: JimLahey]
    #16085966 - 04/13/12 05:06 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Haha Saw that coming.

Offlinealexah
neo-hippie

Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: Ron]
    #16086581 - 04/13/12 07:47 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I know people who smoke a lot more and think it's fine, but people who smoke a lot less and think they should cut back. It's about how you feel... if it's becoming a habit you can't stop- then I'd advise cutting down, but that's just me.

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

Re: Am I smoking too much?er [Re: alexah]
    #16086676 - 04/13/12 08:10 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

idk man i smoke like 4 or 5 times a day, i think ur fine

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds