Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Loc: It's all in your head...
Spiritualism and the Survival Hypothesis
    #1602640 - 06/02/03 07:49 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Anyone here familiar with the cross-correspondences which supposedly were channeled earlier in the last century which were intended to provide proof of the afterlife?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe universe
Harbinger ofEldritch Despair
Male

Loc: Under your bed
Re: Spiritualism and the Survival Hypothesis [Re: MindTrap]
    #1603507 - 06/03/03 01:31 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

No.

--------------------
"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1603602 - 06/03/03 02:42 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

maybe a little more info would help... as of now i am clueless. you might give us a link to where you began this questioning... then maybe others can search and help you on your quest... :smile:

--------------------
What?

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Re: Spiritualism and the Survival Hypothesis [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1603950 - 06/03/03 08:51 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well the story goes that one F. W. Myers in his quest to prove the afterlife undertook this project with the help of discarnate entities to prove the afterlife through unnatural coincidence. He apparently died during the experiment and participated in it from "the other side". Here's a link I found with a brief synopsis of the events. The site is lame but the info is accurate.

http://www.webbscottage.co.uk/the_cross-correspondences.htm

This was all done through the SPR wich is based in the UK.

The really interesting part is that Myers continued his communications and attempt to prove the afterlife again during a series of physical mediumship experiments done in the late 90's called the Scole Experiment.

This was undertaken by a group of individuals with help from a group of discarnate entities to again prove the afterlife exists through repeatable experiments that lead to supernatural results and could only be explained by this hypothesis. During the experiment Myers himself contacted the group and provided several clues which lead back to the cross-correspondences he was involved with earlier in the century.

Here's the official web site for those experiments.

http://www.psisci.force9.co.uk/frames/mainfrm.htm

And the website for the SPR.

http://moebius.psy.ed.ac.uk/~spr/

I found this project to be quite intrigueing and although fantastic, hard to disprove outright.

An open minded sceptic should have a hard time with this one as many notable and reputable people were witness to the events.

These findings are also consistent with personal evidence I've obtained through the use of channeling tools like the ouija board, etc.

Swami might be interested in this since I believe that the phenomenon of channeling can be repeated time and time again. The only real question is what the phonomenon is. Super-Psi, Alternate Personality, Demonic Posession, Autonomic Response?

Just so I don't get flamed, I'm not 100% convinced, but am open minded to the possibility of an afterlife and consider this compelling evidence.

I'm considering purchasing the book that was written about these cross-correspondences earlier in the 20th century. The book is quite rare though and is gonna cost me like $80.00. Just wondering if anyone had ever done any research into these events before.

Edited by MindTrap (06/04/03 06:26 PM)

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
    #1604535 - 06/03/03 12:29 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I was looking at the links and I'm just wondering if there's any way to determine
the authenticity of these web sites ? I mean anyone can throw up a site
nowadays which looks very professional and claims to be unbiased and honest.
They seem to keep refering to "the scientists" yet I didn't find any references
to scientific reviews or journals. Maybe it's oversight on my part, but if u
have more details please let me know. I'm very interested in learning more.

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

Offlinelucid

Re: Spiritualism and the Survival Hypothesis [Re: lucid]
    #1604560 - 06/03/03 12:34 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Their press coverage includes "Psychic world"... hmmm....

--------------------

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
    #1607509 - 06/04/03 10:01 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

As far as the authenticity of the sources is concerned, I suggest just doing a web search for 'the scole report' or 'society for psychical research'. There have been several published books written by members. There is even an American offshoot called the American Society for Psychical Research. Their web site is http://www.aspr.com/.

As far as scientific journals are concerned there was an article published in the 'Journal of Scientific Exploration' which can be found here http://www.scientificexploration.org/jse/articles/pdf/keen.pdf. I'm sure there were others. I don't think you really expect this type of story to be printed in a mainstream journal like the 'Journal of Nonlinear Optical Physics and Materials'. This is considered pretty fringe stuff still. I would definitely expect a magazine like 'Psychic World' to be all over this story. It only helps validate their mission.

As far as 'the scientists' is concerned, I think they are actually referring to the spirit scientists who were producing the phenomenon. This was a collaboration between the physical group and the non-physical group.

The group who produced the phenomenon were of no significant social status, but then I wouldn't think they would be considering what we're talking about here.
There are however a list of notable people who were witness to these events which include scientists, engineers, actors, philosophers, etc..

With little effort I found testimonials from professors Arthur Ellison and David Fontana, Doctors Ernst Senkowski and Hans Schaer, and of course Montegue Keen who is an office-holder in the SPR and author of the Scole Report.

I certainly haven't verified credentials or anything but this is a well documented case. Just do a web search.

Edited by MindTrap (06/04/03 10:11 AM)

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
    #1609000 - 06/04/03 06:40 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Here are some other sources which are related to the Scole Experiment.

'The Scole Report' by Montague Keen, Arthur Ellison and David Fontana (this is a volume of the Proceedings of the Society for Psychical Research: Vol 58, Part 220, November 1999)

Also available, although somewhat uncritical is 'The Scole Experiment' which is a book by Grant & Jane Solomon.

'In Pursuit of Physical Mediumship' by Robin Foy is a book by one of the leading members of the Scole Group, I haven't read it so I can't comment on it.

All of these books are available from Amazon.

The Anomalist #9 has an article about the Scole Experiment by Montague Keen of the SPR, cunningly mistitled 'Intelligent Communications with Extraterrestrials'.

The experiment is apparently no longer running, having received interference from 'a personality from the future'.

Offlinelucid

#1609490 - 06/04/03 09:54 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'm fascinated by this. I'd really like to hear other peoples take on this... it
seems authentic... Mr Shrooms ? Swami ? calling all skeptics...

--------------------

Offlinelucid

#1623578 - 06/10/03 11:51 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to draw peoples attention to this.
Esp some of our more "skeptical" (in a good way :smile: )
members. I'm really curious what others think of this....

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom