Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Loc: Knowhere
Re: I've decided to committ suicide [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #16152856 - 04/28/12 08:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

reeferaddict69 said:
Quote:

Anonymous said:
Everything that I predicted would start to go wrong has been coming to fruition June is the month for my plan suicide 3 months before my 31st birthday. Now I'm just at peace with my decision.

Are you sure you've exhausted all your options?  If so I understand why you want to do this.  I hope you find the peace you are looking for.

Is it possible to know all the options? Is it possible to exhaust all the options? Is it possible to just only think we've exhausted all the options even when we really haven't?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
Re: I've decided to committ suicide [Re: Mufungo]
    #16152891 - 04/28/12 08:32 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mufungo said:
Quote:

reeferaddict69 said:
Quote:

Anonymous said:
Everything that I predicted would start to go wrong has been coming to fruition June is the month for my plan suicide 3 months before my 31st birthday. Now I'm just at peace with my decision.

Are you sure you've exhausted all your options?  If so I understand why you want to do this.  I hope you find the peace you are looking for.

Is it possible to know all the options? Is it possible to exhaust all the options? Is it possible to just only think we've exhausted all the options even when we really haven't?

It's really a subjective experience.  It's up to your own self to decide when you believe you've tried everything.  I don't know all of OP's issues.  If he believes he tried to resolve them and failed than it's up to him.

--------------------

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Re: I've decided to committ suicide [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #16153156 - 04/28/12 09:35 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

reeferaddict69 said:
It's really a subjective experience.  It's up to your own self to decide when you believe you've tried everything.  I don't know all of OP's issues.  If he believes he tried to resolve them and failed than it's up to him.

I agree with what you say here. And I like the respect you show here. Options, believing we've exhausted them or not, failure, and success, finding peace of mind, are all subjective experiences and are influenced by what we believe to be true. And through that subjective experience our limitations are either set or broken through..  For as long as we hold something to be true, it will be, until we change our minds about it. But as far as I know, all opportunities for each of us end after we're dead. So I guess, to the OP and anyone else whose reading this, I really hope you find the peace you might be looking for while you're alive.

--------------------

Anonymous #10

Re: I've decided to committ suicide [Re: Mufungo]
    #16154229 - 04/29/12 04:07 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mufungo said:
Quote:

reeferaddict69 said:

I agree with what you say here. And I like the respect you show here. Options, believing we've exhausted them or not, failure, and success, finding peace of mind, are all subjective experiences and are influenced by what we believe to be true. And through that subjective experience our limitations are either set or broken through..  For as long as we hold something to be true, it will be, until we change our minds about it. But as far as I know, all opportunities for each of us end after we're dead. So I guess, to the OP and anyone else whose reading this, I really hope you find the peace you might be looking for while you're alive.

there is a lot of wisdom and compassion in this statement, and frankly i appreciate the fact that you said it.  whether or not it helps anyone out, i appreciate your sentiment man.

inner peace is fascinatingly difficult endeavor for some people to overcome, and although i have found it myself, i have also found that it is something that cannot be handed down by another human being besides yourself.

OP, i haven't read a majority of this thread and therefore I am way the fuck out of my element, but I can only hope that you understand that anyone in this thread who begs you to keep your life is only doing it out of their own fear of death.  the fact that you want to die is a choice that nobody can influence besides you, and anyone who says otherwise is just fooling themselves.

but i implore you, out of the good of the human race and the potential that you have always had, before you die you had better make sure you do something that will make both your life and your death meaningful.  the fact that you have decided to cheat fate is a choice that i personally would not make, but i am sure that it can be quite liberating in it's own right.

as a result of this liberation, you MUST PLEASE do something that will benefit everyone else's lives in some way.  it does not fucking matter what you decide is the best thing to contribute to mankind, but please, contribute SOMETHING.  otherwise you will have died for nothing.

anything man... so long as it's something.

Offlinelukey2411
Stranger
Male

Loc: Australia, Victoria, (S.E...
Re: I've decided to committ suicide [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16154326 - 04/29/12 05:32 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not so sure that there is peace in death.

No one claims to have experienced an infinite time of peace before they were born and unless you believe in an afterlife then I see no reason to believe that there is any experience of peace after your life.

You're getting some really compassionate and wise advice in this thread from people who have been affected by suicide and/or felt the desire to kill themselves and managed to find an alternative but you seem to have made your mind up on death.

Anonymous #1

Re: I've decided to committ suicide [Re: lukey2411]
    #16154676 - 04/29/12 09:07 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lukey2411 said:
I'm not so sure that there is peace in death.

No one claims to have experienced an infinite time of peace before they were born and unless you believe in an afterlife then I see no reason to believe that there is any experience of peace after your life.

You're getting some really compassionate and wise advice in this thread from people who have been affected by suicide and/or felt the desire to kill themselves and managed to find an alternative but you seem to have made your mind up on death.

I don't know what death will bring but I can't keep going on

Offlinecordao
 User Gallery

#16155418 - 04/29/12 01:30 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I hope I can understand what you are going through- I get the 'just end your life now' moments indeed quite a lot recently. To identify with these negative thoughts is easy in those moments (as well as positive thoughts)- but to understand that the mind is the slave and that you are the master is the hardest thing to come to terms with. Be very present when your mind gives you turbulence and do not let thoughts arrest your attention. The place of pure space within will bring you home.

Always know you are a divine being and that all lifeforms are creatures of spirit- if we deny this then we are unhealthy (look around). You do not know what life will bring let alone death. Last time 'I' went to 'rock bottom'- after a while the momentum from epic despair to peace of mind and a healthy appetite for life is what happened and the 'slingshot of renewed energy' will happen to you within time; its simple physics- the universe operates in some sort of dynamic equilibrium  as nothing would exist otherwise. Lighten up on yourself and the rest will follow, humble yourself; there to help if one needs.... and remember- the ego mind will not suffice!

--------------------

OfflineAlexandrSupertramp
Stranger
Male

#16155777 - 04/29/12 03:06 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Perhaps read some of Stephen E. Jones free online books.

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

#16155792 - 04/29/12 03:11 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
I don't know what death will bring but I can't keep going on

You've said this a few times, that you can't go on. And I'm really curious as to what you really mean. What or who is really preventing you from going on?

--------------------

Anonymous #11

#16158897 - 04/30/12 06:06 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Whatever has u fuckd up isnt worth not living. Ur mental state tricked u to think otherwise.  I went to hell and back but everything i failed at put together wasnt going to stop me from wut i love. If u cant think of what that is u owe it to urself to find it, trust me it wont b as hard as wut u might tell urself

Anonymous #12

Re: I've decided to committ suicide [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #16188648 - 05/06/12 12:52 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

if you feel stuck in reality, escape into your dreams. you could gain more insight on your feelings from learning to dream lucidly. a plant that is known to induce or aide in achieving lucid dreams is called Entada rheedii, known as the African dream herb. you can buy it online http://www.shamansgarden.com/c-25-dreaming-herbs.aspx

maybe there is an alternative, a dramatic but less drastic move that could change your life in a big way. the decision is yours ultimately but what everyone on here says is true. mostly that, in the end your peace is what matters and you deserve yours.

Anonymous #1

Re: I've decided to committ suicide [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #16193687 - 05/07/12 06:52 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I've been making some big changes in my life in hopes that it would help me get into a different place emotionally. But right now I feel as though I'm standing at the cliff ready for that final push.

Anonymous #13

#16193769 - 05/07/12 07:34 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

no one on the shroomery is going to be able to help you and imo neither will a therapist. the ones you need to go to are those who love you and all they can really do is show their support. the bottom line is that you can only help yourself. if you keep fighting then maybe one day you'll finally overcome it. if not, then at least you can say you tried.

Anonymous #1

Re: I've decided to committ suicide [Re: Anonymous #13]
    #16198422 - 05/08/12 04:38 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
no one on the shroomery is going to be able to help you and imo neither will a therapist. the ones you need to go to are those who love you and all they can really do is show their support. the bottom line is that you can only help yourself. if you keep fighting then maybe one day you'll finally overcome it. if not, then at least you can say you tried.

Some of us reach the point of having no hope and that's where I'm at

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: 7 Lodges Nation Flag
Re: I've decided to committ suicide [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #16200207 - 05/08/12 03:02 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Saw a study on suicide couple months ago.....they interviewed 10 survivors that jumped from the Golden Gate bridge..(not many actually survive). Anyway....9 out of the 10 said they changed their mind immediately after their hand left the railing.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Go try helping someone in worse shape than you like a childrens cancer ward or a hospice. Stop being so fucking selfish. You live yourself into good thinking....not think yourself into good living.

One last thing, you cannot fix a problem with the mind that created it.

Don't let the bastard win.

--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Anonymous #1

Re: I've decided to committ suicide [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #16200385 - 05/08/12 03:43 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

baltimark said:
Saw a study on suicide couple months ago.....they interviewed 10 survivors that jumped from the Golden Gate bridge..(not many actually survive). Anyway....9 out of the 10 said they changed their mind immediately after their hand left the railing.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Go try helping someone in worse shape than you like a childrens cancer ward or a hospice. Stop being so fucking selfish. You live yourself into good thinking....not think yourself into good living.

One last thing, you cannot fix a problem with the mind that created it.

Don't let the bastard win.

Suicidal or not jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge takes serious stones. I live my life for me period I don't have a wife or children that are depending on me. So how the fuck is suicide selfish what should I stay alive be miserable for who my parents, my non-existent friends, my co-workers, or an imaginary girlfriend? So tell me who should I live so I can be miserable and eventually end up in some mental hospital medicated into a complete? Oh yea that sounds like a great idea for the last fucking time suicide depression isn't about thinking I have the worse existence on the planet so I dont need some tiredass lesson about how terrible it is for some people.

Depression doesn't give a fuck about your race, finances, family, background etc.

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

#16202695 - 05/08/12 11:15 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Have you heard of positive psychology before? It's a little different in that it focuses on what makes people happier instead of the usual psych approach of trying to work out what the problem is. Anyway, a chunk of positive psychology focuses on how helping others, showing gratitude to others, and that sort of thing greatly increases most people's happiness. Have you ever selflessly volunteered your time/efforts for others, perhaps others less fortunate than yourself? If not, why not? If yes, what was your experience?

One positive psych exercise which had a big positive impact upon participants was as follows... Think about someone in your past who was particularly kind to you and who you never properly thanked. Write them a gratitude letter in which you express your gratitude, express what their kindness meant to you, and thank them. Make an appointment with that person and go deliver the letter in person, then read the letter aloud to them.  ...and discover what happens.

With suicide there's usually a lot of ambivalence. While part of the self wants to end the misery and die, another part wants to live. Hence why often there are second thoughts, attempts to do new things despite having thoughts of death, and so on. Both parts have good intentions, even though they have different ideas as to how to solve the dilemmas in life..

--------------------

Anonymous #13

#16203178 - 05/09/12 01:43 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

sorry if i came off sounding like a dick. trust me dude i know exactly what you're talking about. my dad killed himself a while back and i guess that's what draws me to these suicide threads. i have pretty severe depression that comes and goes like the wind. you should seriously consider the advice about growing some shrooms. i'm actually coming down from a HORRIBLE trip right now. sometimes that happens as well but now that it's over with i feel great. happy, even. and i'd also like to revoke my statement about therapy. if you go in and tell them you're suicidal you might actually get some decent treatment.

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: I've decided to committ suicide [Re: Anonymous #13]
    #16203638 - 05/09/12 06:44 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Damn op, your still around It's been 28 days. obvious cry for attention. Life is what you make it.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

OfflineYouNeedMT
Stranger

Re: I've decided to committ suicide [Re: Enjoywho]
    #16207889 - 05/09/12 11:28 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah man, you still not dead?

Edited by YouNeedMT (05/10/12 08:28 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom