Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

Loc: The Moon Flag
Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: jellycrab]
    #16081052 - 04/12/12 04:04 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Freespores.com has shipped:grin: now all I have to do is go to home depot, buy some perlite, and waite:thumbup:

--------------------
"I used to have a drug problem…..now I make enough money."David Lee Roth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineapplesmasher420
CGI and Visual Effects Artist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kekistan
    #16082349 - 04/12/12 09:06 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

its totally up to you! but if youve spent so much allready $15 isnt that much considering how much it will improve your results! :bigjoint:

good luck! :heart:

--------------------

My Grow Logs!

My Trade List!

Every image and post made by this account is generated by AI :shrug:

Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: applesmasher420]
    #16083769 - 04/13/12 07:53 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

so I should buy another storage box and make a shotgun chamber? I think for my first grow ill keep it simple and use what I have... im already replacing the light sorce and I think that the air pump should be enough as long as I keep an eye and fan them like once a day

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #16083842 - 04/13/12 08:15 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

jellycrab said:
so I should buy another storage box and make a shotgun chamber?

Yes, you're not going to succeed using what you already know doesn't work well.  Build a new terrarium per the tek, which is shown on the third video segment, but watch all four. 

We've known for many years that air pumps don't supply sufficient fresh air to get all the CO2 out.  You want four to five air exchanges per HOUR, not one per day.  If you try to get that with a fan or pump, it dries out the tub.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleSkitzophr3nic
Nod Squad
Male User Gallery

Loc: 4th Dimension
Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #16083861 - 04/13/12 08:21 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Quote:

jellycrab said:
so I should buy another storage box and make a shotgun chamber?

Yes, you're not going to succeed using what you already know doesn't work well.  Build a new terrarium per the tek, which is shown on the third video segment, but watch all four. 

We've known for many years that air pumps don't supply sufficient fresh air to get all the CO2 out.  You want four to five air exchanges per HOUR, not one per day.  If you try to get that with a fan or pump, it dries out the tub.
RR

I'm in the same exact boat, so could I just turn the tub that it comes with into a sgfc? OR, well I have 7 strains across 18 jars. down to 17 now, but could I somehow do a monotub with them out of the tub they gave me? I got the same kit he did.

--------------------
"I was here"

Offlineapplesmasher420
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: Skitzophr3nic]
    #16084035 - 04/13/12 09:07 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

You could use your brf cakes to spawn a monotub but I reccomend just building an sgfc and doing that a few i times because its really hard to mess up after the cakes are colonized on the other hand if you break all your cakes up and use them as spawn in a monotub theirs a chance it will get contaminated while colonizing the bulk substrate so its up to you but its probably smart not to put all your eggs in one basket. Besides, pf tek teaches you a great deal that prepares you for bulk later on :thumbup:

Thanks for chiming in RR :heart:

--------------------

My Grow Logs!

My Trade List!

Invisiblemandrax360
Woodchipper Deluxe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nelson Mandela House, Peckham Flag
Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: applesmasher420]
    #16084213 - 04/13/12 09:51 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i would like to see you  document your kit as a grow log . step by step with the instruction it came with and see what happens. This will be a good log that all first timers can look at before buying a kit off the internet . i wish you luck and hope it works out . If all fails you could then try a SGFC and see how that goes . Dont let people get you down , most are just trying to help .

InvisibleSkitzophr3nic
Nod Squad
Male User Gallery

Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: mandrax360]
    #16084242 - 04/13/12 09:57 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mandrax360 said:
i would like to see you  document your kit as a grow log . step by step with the instruction it came with and see what happens. This will be a good log that all first timers can look at before buying a kit off the internet . i wish you luck and hope it works out . If all fails you could then try a SGFC and see how that goes . Dont let people get you down , most are just trying to help .

I was thinking about that, but there's two things wrong with this kit from the start. Those being not enough perlite, and shitty lights.

--------------------
"I was here"

Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: mandrax360]
    #16085029 - 04/13/12 01:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mandrax360 said:

Ya I plan on doing a grow log... right now Im still waiting for my stuff to arive (should get here tommorrow, but ya theres two things wrong from the start but its a cheap fix... not enough perlite, and the lights suck. I will replace the light with a 6500k cfl and I will be buying extra perlite. I might just drill holes in the chamber to make a shotgun chamber idk yet...

--------------------

Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

#16085030 - 04/13/12 01:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I might use both a shotgun chamber and the air pumps how does that sound?

--------------------

Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

#16085239 - 04/13/12 02:08 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I plan on using the air pumps... should i maybe build a hybrid of the air pumps/shotgun chamber...any advice?

--------------------

Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

#16085274 - 04/13/12 02:15 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

any ideas how to properly regulate co2 without totaly disregarding my kit... I realy want to post a grow guide using this kit... I am looking for any tweaks/extras I might do to improve my kit/grow:thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #16085298 - 04/13/12 02:20 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

it comes with a humidifier how would it dry out tub?

--------------------

InvisibleSkitzophr3nic
Nod Squad
Male User Gallery

#16085375 - 04/13/12 02:36 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I don't really know yet, right now i'm just goin with the flow. Come time to fruit i'll just use the setup like it says to and see how that turns out.
If it doesn't do it's job, then i'll go buy a tub to make a sgfc with. :shrug:

--------------------
"I was here"

Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: Skitzophr3nic]
    #16085412 - 04/13/12 02:44 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Skitzophr3nic said:
I don't really know yet, right now i'm just goin with the flow. Come time to fruit i'll just use the setup like it says to and see how that turns out.

sounds like my plan buddy. lol well all we can do i guess is wish eachother luck... good luck:tongue2:

--------------------

InvisibleSkitzophr3nic
Nod Squad
Male User Gallery

#16085462 - 04/13/12 02:57 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

jellycrab said:
Quote:

Skitzophr3nic said:

sounds like my plan buddy. lol well all we can do i guess is wish eachother luck... good luck:tongue2:

Yup, pretty much :lol:
Good luck to you too man.
I'm trying to figure out in my thread if ive got cobweb mold in 3 jars or not, but I know it's hard for people to tell from a picture. :ohwell:

--------------------
"I was here"

OfflineQuestionableGuy
Respect the Fungi
Male

#16085596 - 04/13/12 03:33 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

This was the kit I used for the first time that I ever tried growing mushrooms, and it proved to be very successful.

I was very worried at first about contamination because my jars had a funky smell to them and I ended up throwing out jars that I shouldn't have because they proved later to be fine.

Don't worry when you open your jars and see white spots on your dry verm layer.. it's more than likely not cobweb and is only mycelium that managed to colonize the vermiculite.

The kit provided me with a good amount of mushrooms and it gave me great confidence in growing mushrooms from there on out..

You're better off to use monotubs after this grow, I purchase my presterilized sub from outgrow and have never had problems with them. Great great great stuff.

--------------------
A wise man once said...

"It's not what happens to you, it's how you handle it."

InvisibleSkitzophr3nic
Nod Squad
Male User Gallery

Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: QuestionableGuy]
    #16085869 - 04/13/12 04:40 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

QuestionableGuy said:
You're better off to use monotubs after this grow, I purchase my presterilized sub from outgrow and have never had problems with them. Great great great stuff.

What if I were to buy a few of these: http://www.out-grow.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=65
Then got a tub, drilled holes, and filled them with polyfill.
After all that, what else would I need if I wasn't doing a casing layer, and didnt want to fan or mist?

Not trying to jack your thread, but I just need to know this.
I'm thinking of ordering those bags soon so i can go ahead and inoculate them.

--------------------
"I was here"

Offlineapplesmasher420
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #16086066 - 04/13/12 05:35 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

If you'd like to see a growlog using the method in your kit type in the search bar "pmp grow" youl notice all of the threads will be from 2006 and before. Their is a verry good reason why their are no recent pmp grows and as it seems youl have to learn why on your own but theirs nothing wrong with that :thumbup:

Your kits method will of course work. A few years ago everyone did it that way. but now no one does and as I said their are several verry good reasons why.

--------------------

My Grow Logs!

My Trade List!

InvisibleSkitzophr3nic
Nod Squad
Male User Gallery

#16086148 - 04/13/12 06:04 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Not trying to be a dick, but we get it. I've been told pretty much the same thing time and time again, and I'm sure jellycrab has to.
We don't need to be told this is outdated and that there are beter ways, we know that.
And yes, we're noob mushroom growers, but you gota start somewhere, right? To be honest with you, as long as I see ONE mushroom grow, i'll be satisfied.
We don't care about the better ways, at least not right now. We have what we have and we're going to use it. Well at least I am, and i'm sure jelly didn't just spend $140 for nothing either.

--------------------
"I was here"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract