Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

Loc: The Moon Flag
First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit"
    #16065618 - 04/09/12 02:36 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I recently decided to delve further into my fascination with magic mushrooms. I have ordered a grow kit from midwestgrowkits.com (http://www.midwestgrowkits.com/grow-kits.html), Heres what the site says:

Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator Kit

* 18 Ultimate ½ pint substrate Jars- Pressure sterilized and ready to grow!
    * Mega Growing, Incubating Chamber System- 56 Quart size!
    * Grow up to 30 jars at once!
    * Digital Thermometer with Hygrometer/humidity gauge
    * Electric 50W Adjustable under-tank heating pad with adjustable thermostat
    * Custom Hydroponic Humidifier
    * Electric Air Pump, ultra silent
    * 2 Silicone Air filtration hoses with 2 HEPA filters built in
    * Heavy duty electric timer with 24 on/off settings per day
    * 2 Grow lights, one incandescent and one LED
    * 2 Gallons of Perlite- Fine, imported, specially formulated horticulture grade
    * Hospital grade Latex Gloves
    * Alcohol swabs
    * Easy to follow growing guide with step by step photo instructions. Includes our secret tips, tricks and hints that other grow guides leave out. Includes how to incubate, how to fruit, casing methods, and quick way to dry your harvest in 24 hours

Midwest Grow Kit's Mega Mushroom growing kit is the biggest shippable kit on the market today! Look around! If quantity is what you desire look no further! This kit comes with 18 jars but can hold up to 30 at once! With 3 cubic feet of room the Mega Mushroom kit comes with a hydroponic humidifier to ensure perfect humidity levels are reached. This kit is completely automated! Perfect temperature and humidity are easily achieved for each stage of the process! Set it up in minutes! We make growing mushrooms easy! All of our kits are extremely easy to use and require only 1 step to start your mushroom adventure! Grow your exotics or edibles in Mega quantities!

This kit will be used as an incubator during the first few weeks. This allows for faster colonizing times! This kit will obtain perfect temperature and humidity levels without you ever being around!

We take you through the entire process from start to finish. The PF style substrate jars are specially formulated to grow faster, larger and quicker than any other kit out there! Growing has never been easier! 1 step easy!

Our Ultimate substrate jars are the quite possibly the best on the net! We have worked for over 10 years looking for perfection! We finally found it! We have combined special organic brown rice flour with vermiculite, mineral water, Liquid worm castings and Bee pollen to create the Ultimate mushroom growing jars! We do not stock pile jars like other sites! We hand make every jar the morning your kit ships so your jars are the freshest possible! They are pressure sterilized at 15 psi in our Autoclave for 120 minutes.

$139 w/ FREE SHIPPING!)

I know I should have done the right thing and do everything from scratch but what can I say? Im lazy) any way I also ordered some spores (from shroomery sponsors) so here is where I got to ask some questions: should I use the incubator (have read that room temp is ideal for Cubenesis) should I throw out the cheap lights and use some daylight cfl's at 6500k, is the perlite going to be enough cause the container is 56 quarts and they only give you 2 gallons of perlite... any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
Peace:tongue2:

--------------------
"I used to have a drug problem…..now I make enough money."David Lee Roth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRyeOverHarrde
Mountain Drunkard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Inland Northwest
Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: jellycrab]
    #16066034 - 04/09/12 04:08 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

jellycrab said:
I recently decided to delve further into my fascination with magic mushrooms. I have ordered a grow kit from midwestgrowkits.com (http://www.midwestgrowkits.com/grow-kits.html), Heres what the site says:

Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator Kit

* 18 Ultimate ½ pint substrate Jars- Pressure sterilized and ready to grow!
    * Mega Growing, Incubating Chamber System- 56 Quart size!
    * Grow up to 30 jars at once!
    * Digital Thermometer with Hygrometer/humidity gauge
    * Electric 50W Adjustable under-tank heating pad with adjustable thermostat
    * Custom Hydroponic Humidifier
    * Electric Air Pump, ultra silent
    * 2 Silicone Air filtration hoses with 2 HEPA filters built in
    * Heavy duty electric timer with 24 on/off settings per day
    * 2 Grow lights, one incandescent and one LED
    * 2 Gallons of Perlite- Fine, imported, specially formulated horticulture grade
    * Hospital grade Latex Gloves
    * Alcohol swabs
    * Easy to follow growing guide with step by step photo instructions. Includes our secret tips, tricks and hints that other grow guides leave out. Includes how to incubate, how to fruit, casing methods, and quick way to dry your harvest in 24 hours

Midwest Grow Kit's Mega Mushroom growing kit is the biggest shippable kit on the market today! Look around! If quantity is what you desire look no further! This kit comes with 18 jars but can hold up to 30 at once! With 3 cubic feet of room the Mega Mushroom kit comes with a hydroponic humidifier to ensure perfect humidity levels are reached. This kit is completely automated! Perfect temperature and humidity are easily achieved for each stage of the process! Set it up in minutes! We make growing mushrooms easy! All of our kits are extremely easy to use and require only 1 step to start your mushroom adventure! Grow your exotics or edibles in Mega quantities!

This kit will be used as an incubator during the first few weeks. This allows for faster colonizing times! This kit will obtain perfect temperature and humidity levels without you ever being around!

We take you through the entire process from start to finish. The PF style substrate jars are specially formulated to grow faster, larger and quicker than any other kit out there! Growing has never been easier! 1 step easy!

Our Ultimate substrate jars are the quite possibly the best on the net! We have worked for over 10 years looking for perfection! We finally found it! We have combined special organic brown rice flour with vermiculite, mineral water, Liquid worm castings and Bee pollen to create the Ultimate mushroom growing jars! We do not stock pile jars like other sites! We hand make every jar the morning your kit ships so your jars are the freshest possible! They are pressure sterilized at 15 psi in our Autoclave for 120 minutes.

$139 w/ FREE SHIPPING!)

I know I should have done the right thing and do everything from scratch but what can I say? Im lazy) any way I also ordered some spores (from shroomery sponsors) so here is where I got to ask some questions: should I use the incubator (have read that room temp is ideal for Cubenesis) should I throw out the cheap lights and use some daylight cfl's at 6500k, is the perlite going to be enough cause the container is 56 quarts and they only give you 2 gallons of perlite... any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
Peace:tongue2:

You could do the same thing for half the price or less... but... since you already did it....

Any light source at all will work for cubensis. They just need to know which direction to grow. CFL's or incandescent work just fine.

Approximately 70 degrees is great for incubation. Don't go over 80. That could dry out your cakes or grains or whatever.

Good luck.

--------------------
Never be afraid to speak your mind, but always be willing and able to expand it.

It's hard to feel real gangster when you're always getting kissed.

Offlineclueless
justnew
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ANE Flag
Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: RyeOverHarrde]
    #16066444 - 04/09/12 05:45 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

As for the light 6500k is optimal.
A bit of searching will show you the truth about lighting.
"

..RogerRabbit said:
That is absolutely wrong.  Mushrooms don't use light for direction of growth.  Mushrooms grown in total darkness will still grow straight up, opposite gravity.

Mushrooms turn towards the light because they are using it as a source of energy.  That's why mushrooms grown with the proper amount and spectrum of light grow much larger and heavier than mushrooms grown with insufficient light.  It's also why light is just as important during the growth phase as it is during the pinning stage.
RR

"

That qoute was taken from a different post but you get the idea.

--------------------
I'm a rhinestone tiger in a leisure suit.

Edited by clueless (04/09/12 08:13 PM)

Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: clueless]
    #16067716 - 04/09/12 10:15 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Im planning not to use the lights that come with the kit I will use a 6500k cfl natural daylight instead. am I correct in assuming that you want blue spectrum? also should I use the incubator to colonize because every where I read it says just to use room temp so I shouldn't turn the heat on until fruiting? Thanks for your help:thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

#16067732 - 04/09/12 10:17 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

any other advise and tips would be greatly apreciated as I have read that the instructions that come with the kit are outdated.:confused:

--------------------

InvisibleSkitzophr3nic
Nod Squad
Male User Gallery

Loc: 4th Dimension
    #16068147 - 04/09/12 11:48 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

When do you start? We seem to be doing the same thing. :lol:

--------------------
"I was here"

Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: Skitzophr3nic]
    #16068165 - 04/09/12 11:51 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

ordered yesterday haven't got shipping confirmation yet and im getting the spores from freespores.com and from sporeworks... how long did it take for you to get your kit? are you happy with it?

--------------------

InvisibleSkitzophr3nic
Nod Squad
Male User Gallery

#16068181 - 04/09/12 11:55 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

When you unpack everything you kinda feel like, wow, I just spent how much on all this? But all that goes away and doesn't matter when you see your first signs of growth. :awesomenod:

Oh btw, I ended up having to contact them about my order bc it never got shipped and the guy said he forgot to send it out. So he sent it finally and it only took about 3 or 4 days after that i think.
I also got the drying kit, i went all out. :lol:

--------------------
"I was here"

Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: Skitzophr3nic]
    #16068198 - 04/09/12 11:58 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

If my order dosent ship by tommorrow than I guess I will email them... the kit must be good because ralphstersspores recomends them

--------------------

InvisibleSkitzophr3nic
Nod Squad
Male User Gallery

#16068219 - 04/10/12 12:04 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I've read a lot of good things about their substrate jars also.
Some of the best, and fastest colonizing apparently.
I wana start monotubs after this grow anyways. I'll be getting the fill kit from out-grow for that.

--------------------
"I was here"

Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

#16068232 - 04/10/12 12:09 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I have read that the air pump might be insufficient what are your thoughts on that?

--------------------

Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

#16068238 - 04/10/12 12:10 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleSkitzophr3nic
Nod Squad
Male User Gallery

#16068249 - 04/10/12 12:13 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

jellycrab said:
I have read that the air pump might be insufficient what are your thoughts on that?

haven't heard that one yet. i'm not to sure what to do abut that or how you would know if it was doing its job.

Quote:

jellycrab said:
http://www.mushroomkitreviews.org/Mushroom_Kits.html got 2nd place:cool:

Yea I seen that before I bought mine :lol:

--------------------
"I was here"

Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

#16068279 - 04/10/12 12:21 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I just got to calm down smoke a blunt, and see what happens.:stoned: I am annoyed with alot of the peoples views on this site about grow kits... u ask a question but instead of getting an answer you are told you got ripped off. just kinda a buzz kill...:mad:

--------------------

InvisibleSkitzophr3nic
Nod Squad
Male User Gallery

#16068297 - 04/10/12 12:27 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

yea i know the feeling man. its like, I don't care about the money, I just wana know if this thing can grow mushrooms from start to finish! :lol:
But anyways, I wish you luck on the grow man. What strain(s) are you getting btw?

--------------------
"I was here"

Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

#16068307 - 04/10/12 12:31 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Cambodians, and ecuadorians, and a couple random free ones

--------------------

Edited by jellycrab (04/10/12 01:12 AM)

Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

#16068311 - 04/10/12 12:33 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

and the kit was a good deal... $130 plus a $6 discount for entering ralph in the coupon code... after my first grow it will have already payed for itself plus intrest:cool:

--------------------

Invisibleherman the kid
Wyld Stallyn
Male

Loc: Videodrome
    #16068835 - 04/10/12 05:35 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

[
Quote:

jellycrab said:
ordered yesterday haven't got shipping confirmation yet and im getting the spores from freespores.com and from sporeworks... how long did it take for you to get your kit? are you happy with it?

Stay on top of them, my buddy had an issue with shipping time also.

Offlinejellycrab
The Stranger
Male

Re: First Grow. Using "Mega Mushroom Growing and Incubator kit" [Re: herman the kid]
    #16074682 - 04/11/12 10:14 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

shipped today should be here in 2 days!:grin: and the spores should get there a couple days after...

--------------------

InvisibleSkitzophr3nic
Nod Squad
Male User Gallery

#16074690 - 04/11/12 10:16 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Nice! I'll be watching man, so keep us updated and good luck! :rockon:

--------------------
"I was here"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom