Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAcidfiend
Stranger
Are users of psychedelics getting younger?
    #1603533 - 06/03/03 01:49 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I can't speak for most of the world, my country, or even the majority of my state, but it is beginning to become clear to me that over 70-80% of the psychedelic users in my area are all still in high school, and that age group is getting younger. I talk to people over 17 or 18 years of age, and I almost always get responses along the lines of "Acid is for kids, I'm too old for that stuff. From now on, it's just weed and alcohol for me..." etc. WTF?!?! Acid is for kids? Weed and alcohol are for us mature adults?!? What kind of twisted viewpoint is that? Kids shouldn't even be doing intense psychedelics in the first place, but when popular opinion among our youth is that it is ONLY meant for young teens and becomes pointless after graduating high school...I think there is something seriously wrong with our culture.
It is almost impossible to find people over the age of 18 who are still interested in expanding their minds, and even my big [blank] connection tells me that the only place to find psychedelics these days is from high school kids, because they are the only ones who do them. This is the overwhelmingly popular consensus here, but I'm just checking with the rest of you so I can determine whether the entire world has gone completely insane or just my own paticular city.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepussycontrol
unregistered

Loc: unregistered
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: Acidfiend]
    #1603539 - 06/03/03 01:53 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

there getting too young. ive seen little kids at the mall being sold fake shit and then complaining about it out front, those kids were probably only 13 or 14 yrs old. Its amazing how they all follow the crowd now, just makes you think whats or Whos coming next....hummm.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: pussycontrol]
    #1603547 - 06/03/03 02:01 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

u got to be in the right "scene" go to some shows or festivals im sure you will find the right people

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: Acidfiend]
    #1603575 - 06/03/03 02:23 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It's not like that here. There's plenty of psychedelic users around my age, and a wee bit older. However, it seems like the general age of interest in acid/shrooms is around 17/18. It's just that most people that age either have bad experiences, or abuse it, and then discontinue their use.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: Sheepish]
    #1603651 - 06/03/03 03:37 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

While i am young myself (undisclosed age) It seems you are right. I do know older trippers...35+ but the kids are all over them. Hell at some schools kids are buying datura seeds because "its like acid mang". Kids just hop on the bandwagon with whatever's going through, and drug dealers know school is the easy place to make money with a relatively low risk.

I also agree that most (virtually all?) kids do misuse their psychedelics and do just get worn out....Ive used mushrooms in a social setting twice, and i know it sure ashell didnt do anything for me...if thats all i thought tripping was i surly would not seek illegal hard to get drugs.

Also, maybe its just my area, but acid is taboo, the misinformation is rampant and most kids (and seemingly...adults) seem to think of it was a very destructive substance...brain bleeding, flashbacks, spinal fluid, rat poison...etc. I generally dont even bother informing people anymore, people who arnt going to research or ask questions and will listen to any dumbfuck probably arnt deserving of a true psychedelic experince...certainly not most youths.

Bascally i think misinformation/propaganda is the reason....

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinebeam
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: PDU]
    #1603765 - 06/03/03 05:59 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

How do you mean misuse? I think younger people do it because they want to escape from reality (their probably the ones with problems of sorts or just not happy), want to do it because it's cool and all friends have done it or just simply because they want to experience tripping. Kids are curious, wasn't everyone here when they were younger?

And when you say users of are getting younger, dealers are also getting younger too; has a big impact on the users age.

also PDU most kids and adults do think hard drugs and psychedelics are bad, and essentially they are bad but not unless used properly which a lot of the time isn't because of the addictivness of some of the drugs.

Edited by beam (06/03/03 06:01 AM)

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: beam]
    #1603786 - 06/03/03 06:21 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Over here, I can say most users of psychedelics I know are relatively old. Kids over here are all into their pills (ecstasy) and going to clubs and dont really take an interest in shrooms or LSD etc. The only kids I know who take them seem to appear in hordes at one of my hunting spots during shroom season. I think its a bit rude to say they are misusing them and dont know what they're doing as these are the people, who in a sense, are going to be replacing us in the years to come. Another thing, again referring to the UK, kids are doing a lot of experimenting at an early age, hence we have the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe. However, when I mention LSD in work a lot of my colleagues laugh and say they'd be embarrassed to ask for it, so alot of people do view shrooms and acid as teenage drugs and I dont think there is anything we can really do about it....

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: beam]
    #1603835 - 06/03/03 07:19 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Misuse being eating HUGE doses and/or using it all weekend/every weekend. What seems to happen is the user eats massive doses frequently, then a few years later goes on about how bad the drug is (despite the fact that they brought it on themselves by using it too often) and quit.

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: Sheepish]
    #1603988 - 06/03/03 09:13 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think most older people stop using psychedelics is because they get trapped into the machine and are unable to get out. :grin: What I mean about this is they simply get a wife, job and kids and basicaly either dont have the time to take psychedelics or their wife wont let them or they become too scared that the drugs will screw there head in for work.

I am sorta old at 26 but i ant ever gona give up psychedlics even for a woman and I am planning to tripp on my death bed too that will be cool. 

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: PDU]
    #1604222 - 06/03/03 10:37 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Hell at some schools kids are buying datura seeds because "its like acid mang". Kids just hop on the bandwagon with whatever's going through, and drug dealers know school is the easy place to make money with a relatively low risk.

This says it all.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Offlineseethe303
enthusiast

Loc: over the rainbow
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: Twirling]
    #1604553 - 06/03/03 12:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

when i was in high school i had friends who were always eating acid at school. i didn't do acid until i was 20, but all through high school i knew where to get it, all the time, because it was always at my school.

Offlineska8ball
anaxagoras
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: seethe303]
    #1604949 - 06/03/03 02:16 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I doubt i will be given any credit since the outlook on the younger generation of shroomers seems quite narrowminded... however, i am 16 years of age and I have 3 very close freinds who also trip. We do not trip for fun. When people ask me about tripping i attempt to explain its depth. I guess for people our age we r somewhat more philosphical it seems... most of the other kids i know trip do it too much and as some other way to get high along with every other drug. I hate how people will do any drug handed to them in my age group, i research before i try anything and currently have only done shrooms weed alcohol. I dont ever take it as a party drug and usually prepare an environment to suit the trip. The first time i tripped i cried out of awe for the sights i saw, and for the conclusions i came to and realized about conciousness and existance. Since then I have tripped 4 times and each time i have learned more about myself, life, my freinds and the mechanics of the mind (and soul if u belive in it)... i guess my oppinion doesnt matter cause im just another stupid teen that conforms to the sheepish nature of the others.

Peace
Shroomedmonkey

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: ska8ball]
    #1605150 - 06/03/03 03:00 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Don't put yourself down, you see it man.

I think that college is the time when people should be opened up. It's going to happen anyway. However there are some high school kids that are intelligent and use tripping for the right reasons. I was always one of those kids. Obviously, some kids in high school aren't really ready. But there are some special cases. Misuse isn't entirely confined to kids either.

I bet you this isn't anything recent. Kids were tripping on LSD in freshman year back in the 70's. And psychedelic use is by no means confined to kids, as said before.

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #1605188 - 06/03/03 03:09 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

But i can see how people change.
When i was young (im 22 now) and naive i tried acid and mushrooms for recreation....fun....something to do, and was soon humbled in ways i couldn't begin to describe. I learned some things yes, but after that fear is instilled, most people turn away from the psycadelic journey. I have chosen to continue, and have sinse changed my attitude towards tripping, but to me it is the only way because i feel i've seen the edge of something beyond our pointless everyday life.

Still i believe it has always been the case for young people to experiment, then stop, or delay thier use for sometime, and only a few will develop it into an active way of life.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineTrip
Lost Pilgrim

Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1605592 - 06/03/03 05:08 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

im 15 and im th e only kid in my town that uses psychedelics for mind expansive purposes. more for me i guess (-:

Offlinepsilo9com
Koh Koh Gadget

Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: Trip]
    #1605860 - 06/03/03 06:18 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

When I was in high school, I was tripping junior year.

I tried it once 2 days in a row and wasted a bunch of money and after that haven't been using it more often then 7-14 days.

I guess I abuse it, but hell, masturbation is self-abuse and I'm all for that too. Guess I just have a problem :laugh:

Offlinekristina420
kronickrissy
Loc: Alberta
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: psilo9com]
    #1606164 - 06/03/03 08:20 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well, personally, I think psychedelic drugs(especially shrooms) are for people of all ages, as long as they have the mental capacity to contain themselves. Just because someone is an adult does not necessarily mean that psychedelics are right for them, and just because someone is young doesn't mean that they shouldn't do them. I think its different for each individual. I'm only 16 now, and I was only 16 in November when I did shrooms for the first time. I think I am old enough and mature enough to make informed decisions about what i put into my body. I have never had a bad trip. I do not do majorly high doses. WHen I am on shrooms I have some of the best times of my life. I do not necessarily do them just for a goodt time, but when i do them, i have an awesome time. I connect greatly with whomever I am tripping with, and I realize things about myself that I didnt know before. I'm not THAT experienced with other drugs, but shrooms are by far my favorite of what I have tried, and I'm sure they are better than anything out there, for me anyways. I'm glad to have discovered shrooms when I did, or I might not know what I would be missing.

--------------------

OfflineHuxley
Loc: Las Vegas
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: kristina420]
    #1606198 - 06/03/03 08:38 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

There's no 'getting younger' to it. Most people who use drugs are young. It's always been this way. All those kids at Woodstock are not tripping now, for the most part. In college, I was open about my use of drugs, now I keep it to myself. You can't walk around your job talking about shrooms. And it is a lot harder to trip when you are married with kids.

OfflineKanibus
Killa KanProductions

Loc: Canada
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: Huxley]
    #1606333 - 06/03/03 09:29 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I remember i first tripped when i was 16. I know a lot of kids that are 15/16/17 that take shrooms and stuff. Personally I have no idea how they handle that shit. A shroom trip is intense as fuck, im supprised some of the ppl dont piss their pants and cry like babies.

--------------------
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~
http://www.geocities.com/magicmushroominfo/
http://www.geocities.com/killakanproductions/
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~

Offlinewindowlicker42
Re: Are users of psychedelics getting younger? [Re: Kanibus]
    #1606407 - 06/03/03 10:01 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i ate the most acid ive ever taken at once in my life when i was 15 almost 16. im 18 now and i rarely trip anymore, not because i dont have the desire but because its impossible to find any good acid, ive taken enough mushrooms and after my last experience (my friend wigged out on me, i talked him back down but it still scared me) i need to take a break from them. its been months since ive taken any "hard" drug, i took one pill of some shitty ecstasy and blew some ketamine in september, some really good shrooms around january/february and thats it. three years ago i was eating acid every weekend, and i wouldnt go to a party unless i could get fucked up (2-4 pills + a hallucinogen).
i havent taken any lsd in almost two years now =( it really sucks because now i am so much more into psychedelics in a mystical spiritual sense and i would appreciate it so much more.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds