Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshhh
Stranger
sealed off sterile closet
    #1604937 - 06/03/03 02:14 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Would this work? A 3 x 7 x 8 closet with plastic lining everywhere; floor, walls, ceiling. Wiped down real good with lysol every few days. and inside a rack for trays with a humidifier set up somewhere.
I would think sterility would be the biggest concern, with making it a clean sealed environment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFallenShroom
Shagadelic

Re: sealed off sterile closet [Re: shhh]
    #1605005 - 06/03/03 02:30 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by FallenShroom (06/03/03 02:32 PM)

Offlineshhh
Stranger
Re: sealed off sterile closet [Re: FallenShroom]
    #1605123 - 06/03/03 02:54 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks. That was interesting.
A rack 3 x 7 x 5 set up with levels every foot or foot & 1/2 high and tubs 2 x 1 on every level. Probably 4 or 5 per level. That would be about 20-25 tubs. Assuming humidity, temps, and everything else is good, It seems like a manageable task.
The only problem i see is cleansliness. But as long as the closet is sealed off with plastic and kept in orderly shape i see no problems. If anyone else can, input would be appreciated. peace

OfflinestraberyShRoOMCaKe
Loc: tHe LaNd 0f MiLk & H0neY
    #1605228 - 06/03/03 03:17 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

That seems like it would be a pretty sweet set up. This is something that you are gonna want to research before you set up, not something you just throw togather. If your able to get everything to the right temp. and all I think that it just might work out. Of coarse I would'nt do something like that, I would be too afraid of contamination. I prefer to keep my stuff in smaller enviroment, it's just easier to control humidity and if contamination occurs it won't be such a big deal.

--------------------

InvisibleAinasko
Oksania
    #1605371 - 06/03/03 03:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Thanks. That was interesting.
A rack 3 x 7 x 5 set up with levels every foot or foot & 1/2 high and tubs 2 x 1 on every level. Probably 4 or 5 per level. That would be about 20-25 tubs. Assuming humidity, temps, and everything else is good, It seems like a manageable task.
The only problem i see is cleansliness. But as long as the closet is sealed off with plastic and kept in orderly shape i see no problems. If anyone else can, input would be appreciated. peace

There are other factors you may not have considered.

Ventilation is one. How will you be exchanging your air? I use two fans. One pushes air in. Another pulls air our. Each is attached to a hepa filter. Hepa filters are expensive.

Humidity is another issue. You could probably maintain a high humidity within the dimentions you stated, but maintaining consistancy may be problematic. Having them on shelves one over the other will have different rH levels between your "atmospheres".

Put your humidifier on the bottom and the top shelf may lack humidity. Put your humidifier at the top and your top shelf may get saturated. You could try rotating your crop, but it's not a task most would look forward to.

I know having a grow room seems like a great idea, but the difficulties outweigh the conveniences.

--------------------
Ainasko is my name backwards. I'm a girl!

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: sealed off sterile closet [Re: Ainasko]
    #1605590 - 06/03/03 05:06 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

That is bad ass. You would be able to supply a whole town with mushrooms, or turn into the smartest person the world has ever known if you ate them all yourself. Hehe my friend grows in a 10 gal aquarium, he couldn't even imagine what would happen if he had a closet at his disposal =). That sounds like a good idea to me, providing that your plastic is good, you wouldn't have much of a problem with contams if you had a good hepa filter setup.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: sealed off sterile closet [Re: lemunhed]
    #1605708 - 06/03/03 05:35 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like a good use for all that plastic and duct tape we were supposed to buy a few months ago. :grin: 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds