Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUber
Wash ufungi,drive me tofruitenzi

Loc: DRC
Should he stick with PRs?
    #1603332 - 06/02/03 11:46 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

My friend has grown PRs and liked their potency, fast colonization, and their forgivable nature towards his mistakes. He is currently about to start anew and wonders if he should try PR again or something else. One important criteria for him is that the strain be greater or equal in potency to PR (~1 gram for a moderate dose). Something with a higher yield would be nice, as he felt the PRs did not perform anywhere near expectations. He's curious about Creeper, Ecuador, and the various Thai strains. Any recommendations would be welcome. FWIW he plans on doing grain > poo/straw.

Uber

--------------------
"The old adage that ignorance of the law is no excuse becomes a ludicrous
statement when the laws themselves are rooted in ignorance"

- Adam Gottlieb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

Re: Should he stick with PRs? [Re: Uber]
    #1603360 - 06/02/03 11:55 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

As far as potency goes, PR's are supposedly up at the top for cubies, however many find that they are a bit finicky and harder to work with than most others, so if your friend thought they were "forgivable" than Im sure hell love the other strains.

Eni Mini Mini Mo ... take your pick ....  my Favs are GT's, B+ and India are up their also, lol ... I like them all though, with the exception of EQ's. I know many say there isnt much difference but every single time I eat EQ's they give me a big body buzz and virtually ZERO visuals, I dont like them, they make me feel like I drank a six pack and took some valium on contrast the other strains make me energetic and give nice visuals, some more than others ... however the EQ's are the only ones I will not grow anymore, I have liked every other strain Ive tried to date :smile:

Edited by OZZ (06/02/03 11:55 PM)

OfflineTeon
Chemist/Self-AppointedFAQ Facist
Male

Loc: Here
Re: Should he stick with PRs? [Re: OZZ]
    #1603379 - 06/03/03 12:04 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I would advocate growing as diverse a lot of genetics as possible. Not only is variety the spice of life but you'll also never know till you try.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, have ever been, or will at any future time will be participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any legal statue; be it local, state, or federal law. All posts are works of fiction, and are intended for entertainment purposes only.

Don't just assume anything I or anyone else says is true. Test it for yourself. See if it's true.
Generate more useful information. The world is running desperately low on it.

OfflineSBTlauien
Stranger

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Uber]
    #1603498 - 06/03/03 01:28 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Offlinechineseguy
Stranger

Loc: Chongqing, China
Re: Should he stick with PRs? [Re: SBTlauien]
    #1603538 - 06/03/03 01:53 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

2 grams for starters is good

OfflineSBTlauien
Stranger

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: chineseguy]
    #1603549 - 06/03/03 02:03 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineBetMomIsProud
Journeyman ofMycology
Loc: MI
Re: Should he stick with PRs? [Re: SBTlauien]
    #1603688 - 06/03/03 04:11 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with Ozz. I ordered a bunch of Eq's and they have been less than spectacular. I ate 6 grams and all it felt like was I had drank a fifth. I spent the next 6 hours wasted off my ass but no visuals. I'm trying the Hawaiians (sp?) now. Hope they're better...

--------------------
Nothing is idiot proof. Just need a real talented idiot.

OfflineWormbaby79
Stranger

Re: Should he stick with PRs? [Re: BetMomIsProud]
    #1604451 - 06/03/03 11:58 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It all depends on what works best with what you got. My old apartment in a different state and climate liked PRs. My new apartment seems to prefer GTs. You just need to find the ones that work best with your methods. Hell I grew PRs invitro once and they did just fine. Try a few different strains keep your methodology the same. On potency their are a million mitigating factors that detrmine potency. I had the strongest and worst trip of my life on half a gram of a mutant upside down growing shroom. The rest in the same batch needed 3 grams. So if you are looking for some consistancy in potency and dosing dry and grind em into a powder.

OfflineMAGICSNOOP
mob boss
Loc: bud park
Re: Should he stick with PRs? [Re: Wormbaby79]
    #1604608 - 06/03/03 12:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

try amazions there forgiving and fast and 1.5 to 2.0 grames dry was pretty good so u got to figure 3 grames dry would put u on the floor. thats the only strain i work with and there great!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag