Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Re: Use Birth Control? You're FIRED, WHORE!!! [Re: Icelander]
    #16044295 - 04/04/12 05:36 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Why because they won't pay for your mistakes and indulgences?

Because they don't actually THINK about the long-term repercussions of the inanely fucking stupid laws they purport.

Yea, let's stop funding for public education so that even less people have access to it, THAT won't contribute to crime, illiteracy, and jackass dumbfuckery at all!

I love how you people think that simply because SOME types of regulations are ineffective, the answer MUST BE to get rid of ALL regulation, instead of modifying or changing existing regulation.

So please, satiate my curiosities here... exactly what free-market economists HAVE you read? Because I'm sure I could write a counter argument for the works of every single free-marketer you've ever read.

You probably formulated your beliefs based on Ron Paul's Wikipedia page.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Use Birth Control? You're FIRED, WHORE!!! [Re: Crystal G]
    #16044312 - 04/04/12 05:40 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

It's those who have kids that are not thinking of the long term repercussions.

I think of them often.

The long term repercussion of the insane spending is a country that's broke.

The long term repercussion of coddling irresponsible brood-sows is that they spawn another generation of irresponsible buffoons.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: Use Birth Control? You're FIRED, WHORE!!! [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #16044339 - 04/04/12 05:44 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

And the libertarian answer to that, is apparently to completely annihilate taxation.

Libertarians = the Forrest Gump of the political realm

Your notion of people who use social services as being "irresponsible" is a distorted perception of reality. It perpetuates the myth of the welfare queen, who holds no job but continuously pops out babies, all to sustain her extravagant lifestyle through the collection of welfare checks. According to these conservatives, they secretly live like kings, supporting their drug habits by selling food stamps for profit, secretly sipping champagne and eating lobster behind closed doors. It falls back on the recycled, tired old myths about welfare recipients—that everybody who uses social services is all on drugs, inept, and lazy, that they lack incentives to better ourselves, and have earned rewards based on entitlement rather than criteria eligibility.

This is why some states have proposed mandated drug testing on all welfare recipients, even though Florida has essentially proven that statewide drug testing costs more than it saves. The image of the drug-addled welfare king is a myth that pertains to the minority. It is a direct, full-frontal assault and attempt to criminalize the economically disadvantaged. It's the same reason that people think all drug users are irresponsible welfare rats. It's a myth that's based on BULLSHIT, that's what.

Welfare isn't even permanent, programs such as TANF are temporary. And you know who changed it to temporary status? CLINTON.

InvisibleDieCommie

#16044346 - 04/04/12 05:46 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
And the libertarian answer to that, is apparently to completely annihilate taxation.

No its not.  That is just the extreme end.  Its easy to demonize them if you only consider them in the extreme.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#16044371 - 04/04/12 05:53 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

Libertarians = the Forrest Gump of the political realm

I'm not a libertarian.

Quote:

Your notion of people who use social services as being "irresponsible" is a distorted perception of reality. It perpetuates the myth of the welfare queen, who holds no job but continuously pops out babies, all to sustain her extravagant lifestyle through the collection of welfare checks. According to these conservatives, they secretly live like kings, supporting their drug habits by selling food stamps for profit, secretly sipping champagne and eating lobster behind closed doors. It falls back on the recycled, tired old myths about welfare recipients—that everybody who uses social services is all on drugs, inept, and lazy, that they lack incentives to better ourselves, and have earned rewards based on entitlement rather than criteria eligibility.

Apparently, some did. I assume you're aware that both the Senate and Assembly in California have a Democratic majority?

Quote:

This is why some states have proposed mandated drug testing on all welfare recipients, even though Florida has essentially proven that statewide drug testing costs more than it saves. The image of the drug-addled welfare king is a myth that pertains to the minority. It is a direct, full-frontal assault and attempt to criminalize the economically disadvantaged. It's the same reason that people think all drug users are irresponsible welfare rats. It's a myth that's based on BULLSHIT, that's what.

I don't have an issue with keeping welfare recipients from buying drugs on my dime.

Quote:

Welfare isn't even permanent, programs such as TANF are temporary. And you know who changed it to temporary status? CLINTON.

Yup. He got one right.

Ronald Reagan signed the EIC into law. He got one wrong.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (04/04/12 08:10 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #16044376 - 04/04/12 05:55 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Icelander said:

Because they don't actually THINK about the long-term repercussions of the inanely fucking stupid laws they purport.

Yea, let's stop funding for public education so that even less people have access to it, THAT won't contribute to crime, illiteracy, and jackass dumbfuckery at all!

I love how you people think that simply because SOME types of regulations are ineffective, the answer MUST BE to get rid of ALL regulation, instead of modifying or changing existing regulation.

So please, satiate my curiosities here... exactly what free-market economists HAVE you read? Because I'm sure I could write a counter argument for the works of every single free-marketer you've ever read.

:lol:  Get worked up much?  Yes I don't want to fund public education unless I have children of my own. I don't think most humans are qualified to have children  in the first place and I think the type of education we provide sucks ass anyway and I don't agree with it.  So if you play you pay.  And I never said anything about getting rid of all regulation and don't support any politician including Paul but if I had to choose between him and that criminal Obama or any other Republican douche I might.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#16044395 - 04/04/12 06:00 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
I don't have an issue with keeping welfare recipients from buying drugs on my dime.

Except of course, that it costs a LOT more to drug test all welfare recipients. Do you realize you're actually PAYING MORE by doing that? Aren't you supposed to be about "minimizing waste?" You should at least be consistent you know.

Icelander said:
Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Icelander said:

Quote:

I don't think most humans are qualified to have children  in the first place and I think the type of education we provide sucks ass anyway and I don't agree with it.  So if you play you pay.  And I never said anything about getting rid of all regulation and don't support any politician including Paul but if I had to choose between him and that criminal Obama or any other Republican douche I might.

If public schools were actually on a "pay to play" system, it would cost just as much as private schools do (between $5,000 to $20,000 per student PER YEAR depending on how many students attended the schools). How in the hell is that rational? How many families can fucking afford to send their kids to school for that much? Great solution; you just increased illiteracy rates by 10-fold.

You still never answered which economists you read.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#16044406 - 04/04/12 06:02 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

Except of course, that it costs a LOT more to drug test all welfare recipients. Do you realize you're actually PAYING MORE by doing that? Aren't you supposed to be about "minimizing waste?" You should at least be consistent you know.

You can show where I advocated drug testing all welfare recipients?

--------------------

Edited by luvdemshrooms (04/04/12 08:12 PM)

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#16044425 - 04/04/12 06:06 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Luvdemush, it was implied in ur statement about not having an issue with preventing welfare applicants from buying drugs with that money. How the hell would u go about decreasing welfare dependent drug users without drug testing everybody to find out who was on drugs? Ur making no sense.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#16044444 - 04/04/12 06:09 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Random testing, which as I'm sure you know... is not everybody.

--------------------

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#16044464 - 04/04/12 06:12 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

That's exactly what florida has been doing. Random testing where everybody eventually gets tested, since its not effective at all if u only test a handful of people.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#16044466 - 04/04/12 06:12 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

If public schools were actually on a "pay to play" system, it would cost just as much as private schools do (between $5,000 to $20,000 per student PER YEAR depending on how many students attended the schools). How in the hell is that rational? How many families can fucking afford to send their kids to school for that much? Great solution; you just increased illiteracy rates by 10-fold.

If you can't afford children then why are you having them. Is that so fucking hard to comprehend? 

It's not my problem that having children is expensive unless people like you make it my problem.  Were we to demand responsibility then maybe there wouldn't be so many humans around mucking shit up.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#16044480 - 04/04/12 06:15 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
That's exactly what florida has been doing. Random testing where everybody eventually gets tested, since its not effective at all if u only test a handful of people.

It's better than nothing.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#16044483 - 04/04/12 06:16 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
If you can't afford children then why are you having them. Is that so fucking hard to comprehend? 

It's not my problem that having children is expensive unless people like you make it my problem.  Were we to demand responsibility then maybe there wouldn't be so many humans around mucking shit up.

Exactly.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #16044553 - 04/04/12 06:30 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Condoms are a dollar a piece when you can't find some organization giving them away for free and the pill can be bought for $9 a month
http://radioviceonline.com/cost-for-birth-control-pills-near-georgetown-9-at-target/
You can put your facts back in the ass you pulled them from

In other words, you're saying people should use a type of birth control that is not nearly as effective, controlling their lives and telling them how to live, because YOU personally don't like it.

I don't give two shits what kind of birth control anybody uses.  I don't want to make that choice for you at all.  Why do you insist that I have to pay for your choice?
Quote:

This still does absolutely nothing to help cover women who need birth control for MEDICAL reasons.

Also, ONLY CERTAIN BRANDS ARE CHEAP. All brands of pills have different levels of progesterone, oestrogen, estradiol, spironolactone, and other hormones. NOT ALL WOMEN CAN TAKE CHEAP BRANDS, because they react DIFFERENTLY to certain types of birth control with variable hormone levels.

I don't give two shits what kind of birth control anybody uses.  I don't want to make that choice for you at all.  Why do you insist that I have to pay for your choice?  If there is a medical reason other than birth control to prescribe hormone therapy that's one thing.  Just because you want to fuck is not a medical reason.  It is a lifestyle reason.  And you made a blanket statement about how much birth control costs, which was a lie.
Quote:

Quote:

Well OK then Komrade.  I vehemently disagree.  Especially in regard to you substituting the state for voluntary charity.  Coercion is coercion and it fosters only resentment.  I may willingly help a bum on the street and feel good about it but if the money is pried out of my hands and some asshole bureaucrat decides which bums are worthy I will feel only resentment.  I'm willing to help the bums I choose, not the bums you choose.  You can help the bums you choose.  With your money.  I would also posit that the reason there is much less murder and strife in Sweden and Japan is because they are monocultural.

What a profoundly moronic statement, considering charity doesn't bring in nearly as much revenue as taxes do. Yea, why don't we also not pay for public education, police stations, public parks, fire departments... These things are also technically "Socialist," I don't hear you bitching about them.

They are NOT technically socialist. 
Quote:

Quote:

You weren't making an argument about the Constitutionality of a law since you never mentioned it.  You just made an argument about cost.  I can just as well argue that, and it looks like it is going to win, that forcing people to purchase a product is unconstitutional.  Buy your own whore pills.  Don't force me to buy them for you.  Regardless, you went down the slippery slope of societal cost.  I find it monstrous.

NOBODY IS FORCING YOU TO BUY JACK SHIT. Lawmakers are only going to make it so insurance companies cover birth control.

So if i want to have any health insurance at all I have to have health insurance that covers a whole shitload of things I don't want and that costs way more than what I do want just because you want something?  Buy your own whore pills.
Quote:

I was merely pointing out why your comparison of forced sterilization to insurance-covered birth control is not analogous, and based on faulty logic.

No, the logic is perfect.  You used societal cost as a justification.  I extended it logically.  If societal cost is a justification for one thing it is a justification for all things. 
Quote:

Insurance companies can also drop patients who are costing too much money and discriminate them and prohibit them from obtaining insurance for "preconditions," causing the state a fuckload of money to cover expenses for those who have diseases like cancer. Do you think that should be legal too? Yea, what a noble "right." :rolleyes:

Insurance companies cannot drop people who pay their insurance bill.  Requiring them to pick up coverage for pre-existing conditions isn't insurance.  That's like getting collision only after you have had an accident.  Further, and here's a fucking novel concept, you can just fucking pay for your medical costs out of pocket.  What a fucking revolutionary concept.  Somebody paying for a service.
Quote:

Quote:

How does a homeless person not housed by the state cost the state $40,000 a year?

Think hard about this. If we housed the homeless, they would be living together in the same headquarters; it wouldn't be homeless people living in their own apartments. It would be a large building, with 3 or 4 homeless people living in the same room. Considering a room costs approximately $300 to $500 a month depending on location, this ends up costing roughly $100 or less per homeless person living in the unit. Housing is fucking cheap when it's subsidized housing.

Homeless people often fake injuries or deliberately commit crimes so that they can get a bed to sleep in in jail or at the hospital. This inevitably costs YOU money, that averages out to $40,000 a year per homeless person. Thus, housing the homeless saves the taxpayer money.

What gloriously unsubstantiated bit of speculation.  Would you please link us to the ass from which those facts were extracted?  Do you know what would save the taxpayer more money?  Shooting the homeless.  You better leave that slope behind.
Quote:

Please explain exactly how creating homeless shelters increases homelessness. Homelessness has to do with high priced housing rates and unemployment; it has absolutely nothing to do with the numbers of shelters.

Bullshit.  If the price of housing in your area is to high MOVE!  If you subsidize a thing you get more of it.  Econ 101.
Quote:

Quote:

Fascists are in the minimizing waste business.  I think your waste is your own business.  Maybe if more people were held accountable for their stupidity there would be less stupidity.

Fascists seek to dictate and control political and religious beliefs; it has absolutely nothing to do with "minimizing waste." Do you even know the difference between fascism and communism? Also communist countries in the past such as China and Soviet Union actually wasted significantly, as seen in the pollution spillover effect. But there has never been a truly socialist country in this world. Remnants of socialism improve the quality of living in social-democratic countries such as Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and France.

Yes, fascism makes the trains run on time.  Pollution does not equal waste.  One could argue that worrying about pollution is wasteful.
Quote:

Also I disagree that homogeneity reduces crime. If immigrants cause crime, it's because they are of low socioeconomic status. Which only proves exactly what I was saying, and is a reason to incite higher quality of living standards for everybody (which saves the taxpayer money in the long run, as crime is directly related to socioeconomic status and education level). This is why the city of Irvine, which is filled with wealthy Japanese and Chinese immigrants has almost no crime and approximately 1 murder a year, whereas poverty-stricken cities such as Koreatown or Little Saigon are rampant with violent crime and gangs.

I don't think you understand the difference between correlation and causality.  Nor did I say that immigration causes strife.  You can have assmilated immigrants and you can have unassimilated immigrants.  You can also have unassimilated natives.  I simply said that your examples are npot applicable.  For a whole shitload more reasons than these.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Actually you're the one whining that you are too stingy to pay for birth control.  And if you want to keep going down the society benefits route then it is quite clear that society would benefit from forced sterilization.  You really need to drop that argument, Komrade.

Are you reading carefully or selectively reading again? I DON'T USE BIRTH CONTROL. I HATE the effects of birth control. This doesn't mean I am too stingy to pay for other women's birth control, especially since many women who are poor don't have access to Planned Parenthoods, since they can be up to 8 hours away.

WOW!  There is some woman in Central Idaho who would have to drive 8 hours to find a charity clinic.  Maybe the government should just install one clinic every 100 miles.  Or, better yet, if it's that fucking important to you, MOVE.

The sense of entitlement is so thick it oozes out your pores.  Not only do you think you should be entitled to get something for yourself but you think I should have to give something of mine as well.  Me not buying you something does not constitute me forbidding it.  But you forcing me to buy something constitutes you forbidding me from spending that money where I see fit.

--------------------

Offline4896744
Small Town Girl
Female User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Use Birth Control? You're FIRED, WHORE!!! [Re: zappaisgod]
    #16044862 - 04/04/12 07:30 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

I think providing free and easy access to birth control and abortions might be worth the cost. Some of you obviously disagree with that. It's all just people wanting things to be better suited for themselves. :shrug:

--------------------
Live your Life! :heart:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Use Birth Control? You're FIRED, WHORE!!! [Re: 4896744]
    #16044887 - 04/04/12 07:36 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Then you pay for it out of your pocket. I have no objections to that.

If we want to let irresponsible humans spawn at will then yes it might be cost effective to do that. It would be more cost effective however to force sterilization on them. But of course you only want to force me to do something not them.  I don't want to force either of us but I do want each of us to experience and be responsible for the actions we take.  I personally don't want to encourage a world were people thoughtlessly create offspring knowing someone is going to support their actions if they are not up to the responsibility.  But maybe that world is an illusion and we have to let everyone get away with their worst.

Edited by Icelander (04/04/12 07:42 PM)

Offline4896744
Small Town Girl
Female User Gallery

#16044906 - 04/04/12 07:40 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

I don't care enough to do that, but as far as government spending goes, this is one area that I would have very little objection to.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Use Birth Control? You're FIRED, WHORE!!! [Re: 4896744]
    #16044928 - 04/04/12 07:44 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Where do you think the govt. gets it's money?  If the govt. limited it's scope of operations they would not need as much of your money.  I'm guessing you've never paid taxes and felt you were getting screwed for it.

--------------------

Offline4896744
Small Town Girl
Female User Gallery

#16044964 - 04/04/12 07:50 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

I understand that, and in an ideal world I would pay next to nothing in taxes as most government spending is useless to me. I'm just saying that as far as government spending goes, this is something I wouldn't have much objection to. It would reduce the amount of stupid people stuck in the rut of poverty who don't do anything beyond leeching off of others.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order