Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: jwalt420] * 1
    #15653013 - 01/11/12 11:22 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Hey, that's new to me - a good read with a number of relevant posts as well as the usual noise.  Note that "extraction methods" are IME a nonissue if you're using an acidic tea preparation method - I've posted amply about this so I won't repeat it here except to cite Gold's work on quantifying alkaloid content :  www.lycaeum.org/leda/docs/16311.shtml?ID=16311 ; but that keeps timing out...

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Edited by PrimalSoup (01/16/12 01:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshubrick
Male User Gallery

Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: PrimalSoup] * 1
    #15673704 - 01/16/12 01:43 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
... I won't repeat it here except to cite Gold's work on quantifying alkaloid content.

Is that link not working for anyone else? it seems to be looping back to the top of this thread

Invisiblewildernessjunkie
Reshitivest
I'm a teapot

Loc: HTTP 404 Not Found
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: shubrick] * 1
    #15674670 - 01/16/12 05:29 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

^Yup.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: shubrick] * 1
    #15675097 - 01/16/12 07:06 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I changed it in the post but the connection just times out.  :shrug:

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: PrimalSoup] * 1
    #15683859 - 01/18/12 02:46 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Here's a working copy of that paper:  The Mushroom Entheogen - The Measure of the Mushroom - C.B. Gold

--------------------

Invisiblejunders

#16040969 - 04/03/12 10:37 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

This thread has been very helpful! I will now let my jars consolidate for a few weeks to increase my yield and potency.

OfflineBiffzilla
Emperor of Bongolia

Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: junders] * 1
    #16064940 - 04/09/12 11:35 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

This is very interesting. When I started 'growing shrooms' was when I had bought a grow kit of Mexicans in Little Amsterdam shop in Camden Town, London (anyone been there? like, fridges filled with shrooms not coca cola, was awesome).

that was in 2005.
In any event I brought the growkit on the airplane with me
and spawned to donkey poo (field dried) and pine needles (dry old ones), sure i didnt know what I was doing back then, and didn't know about shroomery...

anyways it grew quite slow in fact it took about 3 months if not more for the one tray to grow.

I have to say that I myself had one of the most scary trips on that shit, it was potent as fuck, another person also had a hellish experience like they where too potent, apparently he had gone sitting in a restaurant toilet because he couldn't handle his trip at all...
no wait there were 3 other people who had mindfuckingly intense trips from those. another guy ate some shrooms and apparently nothing happened to him, I was surprised because these where so potent.
In retrospect I'm concerned they may have been contaminated with stachybotrys or something they where so mindfucking...

anyways. that I found very odd (the consequent potency in later trips from that growkit) because it had been a weak mexican strain and anyone who ever bought shrooms coming from netherlands know that their mexicans' trip are lame ass (unless u eat 50 grams + fresh lol) compared to the hawaiians or thai...

so yes, I think that might be very possible although I also had less potent ones but it was from another tray i think  perhaps a month or so prior, I don't exactly recall. but yes I think that may be possible...

I wouldn't go about testing this, however... I don't want to get my butt kicked by shrooms again it was a horrible experience.

--------------------
===================================================================
- Show me the honey -
===================================================================

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: Biffzilla] * 1
    #16065335 - 04/09/12 01:27 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

3 months to grow - yeah, that would fit. :thumbup:

But what I'm testing isn't that so much as "takes a week to 10 days to spawn the container, then set it aside for a month or two". 

Potency in itself isn't bad.  :awesomenod:  But some strains (of cubes) and some species (of others) manufacture extra amounts of other stuff, IME, and the "other stuff" plays a role in how the trip unfolds.  Never mind if you get some sort of poisonous contam in there, that skews things.

--------------------

Offlinepunkrocker292004
i am a liar
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #16169555 - 05/02/12 03:49 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i will be doing an experiment to contribute to this thread/community

--------------------
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW

on a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero-tyler durden

watch me

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: punkrocker292004] * 1
    #16171015 - 05/02/12 12:29 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah! :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineOH1Ogrown
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: Treasure Coast
    #16185624 - 05/05/12 11:07 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

BUMP this, because I just can't get enough on this topic.

--------------------

OfflineHippie-Trippy
The Psilocybed
 User Gallery

Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: OH1Ogrown] * 1
    #16187793 - 05/05/12 08:42 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry for skipping a bit, but I have noticed that the longer that I keep grain in a jar, the longer it will take to fruit as well. I do typically have more prolific fruits on the older jars too. Is this typical?

--------------------

Omg lookit this

Offlinejoyless
Stranger
Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: Hippie-Trippy] * 1
    #16190209 - 05/06/12 12:22 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

this is VERY interesting topic

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: Hippie-Trippy] * 1
    #16190549 - 05/06/12 02:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sorry for skipping a bit, but I have noticed that the longer that I keep grain in a jar, the longer it will take to fruit as well. I do typically have more prolific fruits on the older jars too. Is this typical?

Yes, IME.  It has to do with extra consolidation of the nutes, sort of half of what this thread is about (the other half is potency :lol:).

--------------------

OfflineHippie-Trippy
The Psilocybed
 User Gallery

#16190591 - 05/06/12 02:14 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Awesome. I thought I was just a little nuts or something. My roommate has always tried telling me they are too dry when they are that old, but they would grow greater results IMO. Now that I think about it... I don't know why he ever said they were bad, Maybe it was because of the mycelial piss pockets. I will continue taking my time :thumbup:

--------------------

Omg lookit this

OfflineCubiac
Thurigian Mage
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany Thüringen Flag
    #16812969 - 09/08/12 06:44 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I stalled/ delayed a growbag with P.semperviva which was fully colonized in march in a dark places till July.

In july I cased this bag, there already were two matured malformed pins in it, which i removed.

The first flush came very quickly and I had a good harvest and got some nice prints.
Two weeks ago I made the first test by eating 5gramms dry of the first flush.
It were overwhealming! Very strong! Definitely a lot stronger than 5gramms of Pans,5gramm Galindoi-pins or 25gramm fresh galindoistones.
It was my first p.semperviva-Exp.. So I cannot match with nondelayed/ normal cultivated culture, yet.

But it may sustain the theory.

--------------------

And guess, Pf-tek was last week!

InvisibleAmphibolos
Le bourgeois gentilhomme
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: Cubiac] * 2
    #16814725 - 09/09/12 12:27 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I wonder who will finally bother to sequence the complete genome of psilocybe cubensis.

I'd like to see a strain of Saccharomyces cerevisae with the psilocybin synthesis pathway. :mushroom2:

--------------------

"Homo sum ; humani nihil a me alienum puto"

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: Amphibolos] * 1
    #16824435 - 09/10/12 05:03 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I'd like to see a strain of Saccharomyces cerevisae with the psilocybin synthesis pathway. :mushroom2:

Do you know what that is exactly?  But I agree, once the ability to graft this into other species, perhaps families, exists all bets are off. :thumbup:

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Longer consolidation time leads to greater potency in first flush...and 2nd flush... [Re: Cubiac] * 1
    #16824454 - 09/10/12 05:05 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cubiac said:
I stalled/ delayed a growbag with P.semperviva which was fully colonized in march in a dark places till July.

In july I cased this bag, there already were two matured malformed pins in it, which i removed.

The first flush came very quickly and I had a good harvest and got some nice prints.
Two weeks ago I made the first test by eating 5gramms dry of the first flush.
It were overwhealming! Very strong! Definitely a lot stronger than 5gramms of Pans,5gramm Galindoi-pins or 25gramm fresh galindoistones.
It was my first p.semperviva-Exp.. So I cannot match with nondelayed/ normal cultivated culture, yet.

But it may sustain the theory.

Sweet!  Thanks for trying this!  :mushroomgrow:

The ones I used originally also had thrown some small pins during the extended consolidation.

I'm looking to try this with PE soon - a strain of PEU that I wanted to use kept contaming out too soon to try it.

--------------------

InvisibleOeric McKenna
LIFE CAPS

Loc: Babylon Flag
    #16824512 - 09/10/12 05:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I wonder if that's part of the correlation for why my PEs were so scary potent.
They took almost 3weeks to show pins and an usually long time to finish growth when they finally did.

--------------------

spread love
love is everything
2013 finds
medicinal psilocybin tincture drops
cannabis pics

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract