Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Use Birth Control? You're FIRED, WHORE!!!
    #16039042 - 04/03/12 03:58 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

A new proposed Arizona law will allow employers to fire women who use "whore pills," AKA birth control, if they cannot prove they are using it for medical reasons.

JESUS CHRIST, WHY ARIZONA, WHYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!

Jezebel thinks it might not go anywhere, but I don't know... considering the laws they passed in the past year concerning illegal immigration, ethnic studies, and personhood laws, I really wouldn't put it past that state...

Never mind the fact that this is a complete violation of HIPAA and the right to medical privacy.

Law Will Allow Employers to Fire Women for Using Whore Pills"
Use Birth Control? You're FIRED!

Apparently the idiocy doesn't end at Arizona. A Wisconsin lawmaker, who believes in making divorce illegal (even under spousal abuse), urges battered women to go back to abusive husbands.

This is right around the same time Wisconsin senator went on a crusade trying to prove that single motherhood was correlated with abuse.

So, to recap... single moms are considered abusive, abusive marriages are perfectly OK.

*shrill scream*

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Use Birth Control? You're FIRED, WHORE!!! [Re: Crystal G]
    #16039177 - 04/03/12 04:24 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
A new proposed Arizona law will allow employers to fire women who use "whore pills," AKA birth control, if they cannot prove they are using it for medical reasons.

JESUS CHRIST, WHY ARIZONA, WHYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!

Jezebel thinks it might not go anywhere, but I don't know... considering the laws they passed in the past year concerning illegal immigration, ethnic studies, and personhood laws, I really wouldn't put it past that state...

Never mind the fact that this is a complete violation of HIPAA and the right to medical privacy.

Law Will Allow Employers to Fire Women for Using Whore Pills"
Use Birth Control? You're FIRED!

Apparently the idiocy doesn't end at Arizona. A Wisconsin lawmaker, who believes in making divorce illegal (even under spousal abuse), urges battered women to go back to abusive husbands.

This is right around the same time Wisconsin senator went on a crusade trying to prove that single motherhood was correlated with abuse.

So, to recap... single moms are considered abusive, abusive marriages are perfectly OK.

*shrill scream*

I agree with making divorce illegal except in very limited circumstance...

I seriously doubt that a law allowing a woman to be fired for using birth control would be valid...Title VII would preempt that for sure.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #16039188 - 04/03/12 04:26 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Me not buying you something does not constitute me forbidding you something.  Why do you lie?  Birth control is cheap as shit.  Fucking buy it yourself and stop panhandling.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Use Birth Control? You're FIRED, WHORE!!! [Re: Crystal G] * 3
    #16039202 - 04/03/12 04:29 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

There are three things about this that surprise me.

1. That anyone could be stupid enough to come up with crap like this bill.
2. That the provision you talk about is actually in the bill
3. That this wasn't yet again just hyperbole from you.

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/50leg/2r/summary/h.hb2625_03-01-12_houseengrossed.pdf

That link is to the summary of the bill where you will find:

Quote:

Removes the provision that prohibits religious employers from discriminating against an
employee who independently chooses to obtain insurance coverage or prescriptions for
contraceptives from another source.

I can see them not requiring the employers to have to pay for things that they have religious issues with, but being allowed to terminate employment over it is seriously fucked up.

Religion is truly a stupid, stupid thing.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (04/05/12 09:52 AM)

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: Use Birth Control? You're FIRED, WHORE!!! [Re: zappaisgod]
    #16039262 - 04/03/12 04:41 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Me not buying you something does not constitute me forbidding you something.  Why do you lie?  Birth control is cheap as shit.  Fucking buy it yourself and stop panhandling.

Why the fuck do you even bother posting unless you're going to read the link? This has to do with employers firing women for using birth control, it has absolutely nothing to do with government paid birth control. Seriously, are u illiterate? If you're going to make a contradictory statement then at least make an effort to come across as seemingly intelligent.

Enlil, why the heck do u support making divorce illegal? U actually want to criminalize what goes on behing closed doors, the decision of what lover u decide to live with and stay with? How is that even the governments business?

Luvdemush, I was under the impression that the law was being rewritten to allow employers to ask who was on birth control: http://www.statepress.com/2012/03/12/senate-judiciary-committee-endorses-controversial-contraceptive-bill/

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #16039277 - 04/03/12 04:45 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Enlil, why the heck do u support making marriage illegal? U actually want to criminalize what goes on behing closed doors, the decision of what lover u decide to live with and stay with? How is that even the governments business?

I never said anything about making it a crime...chillax...

I just believe if you're going to enter into a legal marriage, make it mean something...It shouldn't be the kind of thing you can just choose to end because you're not happy or because you're not in love...Committment only means something when it's hard...

Otherwise, just shack up...

I just think if you're going to stand up and make a vow to stick with someone for the rest of your life, that should mean that you're going to stick with someone for the rest of your life...Divorce should only be allowed in circumstances where someone has crossed into the realm of dangerous and/or criminal activity against their spouse.

That's my belief...you need not agree..

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#16039285 - 04/03/12 04:47 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

That's what I come away with after reading the article and the summary.

I find it appalling.

I can't imagine this passing judicial muster but the fact they even put it in the bill is ridiculous.

That was just a committee vote. Hopefully the full vote, should one come, will have very different results.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #16039310 - 04/03/12 04:53 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Let's just all become Muslims and get it over with. :braindamage:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: Use Birth Control? You're FIRED, WHORE!!! [Re: Enlil]
    #16039387 - 04/03/12 05:08 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

Crystal G said:
Enlil, why the heck do u support making marriage illegal? U actually want to criminalize what goes on behing closed doors, the decision of what lover u decide to live with and stay with? How is that even the governments business?

I never said anything about making it a crime...chillax...

I just believe if you're going to enter into a legal marriage, make it mean something...It shouldn't be the kind of thing you can just choose to end because you're not happy or because you're not in love...Committment only means something when it's hard...

Otherwise, just shack up...

I just think if you're going to stand up and make a vow to stick with someone for the rest of your life, that should mean that you're going to stick with someone for the rest of your life...Divorce should only be allowed in circumstances where someone has crossed into the realm of dangerous and/or criminal activity against their spouse.

That's my belief...you need not agree..

That's really not your call to make. If YOU personally don't want to live like that, then fine. But telling other people to abide to YOUR twisted concept of morality, or forcing them to stay with to somebody for whatever reason YOU deem acceptable, is wrong. People get married for many different reasons, and much like with every circumstance in life, situations evolve. Friends come and go, just as lovers come and go. If divorce were actually illegal, then all that would end up happening is people would go around committing adultery. Or it would end up with couples making up any old excuse in the book ("He beats our children!" "She tried to kill me!") just to get a divorce approved. Government has no business telling you who to stay with.

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #16039400 - 04/03/12 05:12 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
If divorce were actually illegal, then all that would end up happening is people would go around committing adultery.

You might be right...they shouldn't have made the contract in the first place...

Divorce is too easy, so people get married on a whim...who cares?  they know they can always get a divorce...

Promises mean something...otherwise, what is the point?

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#16039448 - 04/03/12 05:23 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

Crystal G said:
If divorce were actually illegal, then all that would end up happening is people would go around committing adultery.

You might be right...they shouldn't have made the contract in the first place...

Divorce is too easy, so people get married on a whim...who cares?  they know they can always get a divorce...

This is obviously a differential of values between us. I honestly don't see why divorce OR multiple marriages is such a bad thing, or has such a negative connotation. Then again, I think monogamy is overrated, and have never placed an exorbitantly high value on marriage to begin with. And I find the idea of marrying somebody you just met to be wildly passioante and romantic. :shrug: Yes a lifelong marriage is nice and everything if people are in love, but in the end it's just a piece of paper saying you're committed. It's not inherently any more intrinsically valuable than an undocumented committed relationship. Sometimes people who are dating think that the person they are dating is "the one," only to realize after getting married and living together that they are incompatible. Stuff happens.

What you're suggesting wouldn't just cause a spike in adultery, it would also cause cause couples to start making up any excuse under the sun just to get a divorce approved. "She tried to kill me!" "He beats up our children!" Let the false accusations ensue.

Or it would cause people to simply stay legally married, while staying separated in real life--as in, living in different houses, dating different people... It wouldn't actually motivate people to stay together. People would still be living their lives however they want to do it, it simply wouldn't be documented by the government. And this would create a whole hoard of other problems. For example, a couple could agree to a mutual separation, and the woman ends up having a baby with another man that she's in a relationship with (not her legal husband). This is easily a feasible, realistic scenario, right? Well this new man, who is technically the child's father, would not even have legal rights to the child if something were to happen to the mother. If the mother is hospitalized, he wouldn't even be able to see her in the hospital, because he's technically not the spouse or family. If the couple split up, they wouldn't even be able to split the assets, because they aren't documented as being husband and wife. How on earth is that rational? It sounds like so many problems and complications would ensue from making divorce illegal.

Republic of Korea is one of the few developed countries in this world that actually criminalizes adultery. People who commit adultery actually go to JAIL for 2 years. In the end, it's nobody's business but the people involved. Government has no right to intervene and tell you who you can and can't stay with.

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Use Birth Control? You're FIRED, WHORE!!! [Re: Crystal G] * 1
    #16039465 - 04/03/12 05:28 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

Crystal G said:

This is obviously a differential of values between us. I honestly don't see why divorce OR multiple marriages is such a bad thing, or has such a negative connotation. Then again, I think monogamy is overrated, and have never placed an exorbitantly high value on marriage to begin with. And I find the idea of marrying somebody you just met to be wildly passioante and romantic. :shrug: Yes a lifelong marriage is nice and everything if people are in love, but in the end it's just a piece of paper saying you're committed. It's not inherently any more intrinsically valuable than an undocumented committed relationship. Sometimes people who are dating think that the person they are dating is "the one," only to realize after getting married and living together that they are incompatible. Stuff happens.

What you're suggesting wouldn't just cause a spike in adultery, it would also cause cause couples to start making up any excuse under the sun just to get a divorce approved. "She tried to kill me!" "He beats up our children!" Let the false accusations ensue.

Or it would cause people to simply stay legally married, while staying separated in real life--as in, living in different houses, dating different people... It wouldn't actually motivate people to stay together. People would still be living their lives however they want to do it, it simply wouldn't be documented by the government. And this would create a whole hoard of other problems. For example, a couple could agree to a mutual separation, and the woman ends up having a baby with another man that she's in a relationship with (not her legal husband). This is easily a feasible, realistic scenario, right? Well this new man, who is technically the child's father, would not even have legal rights to the child if something were to happen to the mother. If the mother is hospitalized, he wouldn't even be able to see her in the hospital, because he's technically not the spouse or family. If the couple split up, they wouldn't even be able to split the assets, because they aren't documented as being husband and wife. How on earth is that rational? It sounds like so many problems and complications would ensue from making divorce illegal.

Republic of Korea is one of the few developed countries in this world that actually criminalizes adultery. People who commit adultery actually go to JAIL for 2 years. In the end, it's nobody's business but the people involved. Government has no right to intervene and tell you who you can and can't stay with.

We disagree...I would be much happier if there were far, far less people married and those that were married actually were committed...

A promise to stay with someone forever for now isn't a promise at all...

I just dislike the idea of saying something and doing something else...I tend to be pretty rigid when it comes to things like that...

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#16039509 - 04/03/12 05:38 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

You haven't really provided an adequate solution for the problems listed, though......

-It would cause a spike in adultery

-Couples would make false accusations about each other just to get a divorce approved

-Or it would cause people to simply stay legally married, while staying separated in real life--as in, living in different houses, dating different people... And this would create a whole hoard of other legal complications and issues. A couple could agree to a mutual separation, and the woman ends up having a baby with another man that she's in a relationship with (not her legal husband). Well, this new man, who is technically the child's father, would not even have legal rights to the child if something were to happen to the mother. If the mother is hospitalized, he wouldn't even be able to see her in the hospital, because he's technically not the spouse or family. If the couple split up, they wouldn't even be able to split the assets, because they aren't documented as being husband and wife. How on earth is that rational? It sounds like so many problems and complications would ensue from making divorce illegal.

How can you, as a lawyer, not think about the legal complications (such as the latter example I posed) when considering laws such as what you're suggesting?

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#16039544 - 04/03/12 05:45 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

The concept of monogamy forever has been promoted in our society in the past, because it is based upon Judeo-Christian ideals and indoctrination. It's the same reason people think women who have multiple partners are "sluts" or "harlots," or that wives should go back to their abusive husbands because single motherhood is "bad," or that women who use birth control are "unworthy scum." There is really no logical basis or scientific merit for such claims (including your claim that fidelity and a lifelong marriage is something to be valued), except that it promotes shitty conservative values the Bible teaches.

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum as you. I believe that humans are by nature, polyamorous, and that we should be tolerant of people who want multiple marriages at the same time. As long as all parties involved are consenting to an open marriage, why shouldn't it be allowed?

And while I would choose to be monogamous with somebody I truly loved, I'm not going to go around telling somebody how they can and can't live their lives. We're not a tyrannical or authoritarian government (at least we're not supposed to be and claim we're not), so what business do we have telling people who they can and can't be with, or that they should even get married for the reasons that we THINK we should get married for.

Again, nobody can come up with a logical explanation as to why the government should control who a person stays with, except that YOU don't like it.

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #16039548 - 04/03/12 05:46 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
You haven't really provided an adequate solution for the problems listed, though......

-It would cause a spike in adultery

-Couples would make false accusations about each other just to get a divorce approved

-Or it would cause people to simply stay legally married, while staying separated in real life--as in, living in different houses, dating different people... And this would create a whole hoard of other legal complications and issues. A couple could agree to a mutual separation, and the woman ends up having a baby with another man that she's in a relationship with (not her legal husband). Well, this new man, who is technically the child's father, would not even have legal rights to the child if something were to happen to the mother. If the mother is hospitalized, he wouldn't even be able to see her in the hospital, because he's technically not the spouse or family. If the couple split up, they wouldn't even be able to split the assets, because they aren't documented as being husband and wife. How on earth is that rational? It sounds like so many problems and complications would ensue from making divorce illegal.

How can you, as a lawyer, not think about the legal complications (such as the latter example I posed) when considering laws such as what you're suggesting?

I don't care about adultery...it's not perfect, but at least they couldn't remarry and break another promise...

divorce fraud would happen as it did before no fault divorce existed...as it still does in states that don't have no fault...I'm not a big fan of choosing laws based on those who would break them...

As far as your other issues, a framework could be worked out...one would hope that these types of complex situations would get less and less common as people start to stay unmarried to avoid these things...I'm not overly concerned that any of these issues are insurmountable.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#16039555 - 04/03/12 05:49 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Isn't adultery breaking a promise?

--------------------

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#16039575 - 04/03/12 05:53 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Ridiculous proposition. Just because you personally don't like it, doesn't mean it should be illegal. Another person's divorce doesn't affect you personally in any way, much in the same way that gay marriage doesn't affect anybody else besides the people involved.

If churches don't want to have anything to do with promoting divorce or orchestrating gay marriage because it goes against their religious belief, then that's 1 thing (and legally they shouldn't be forced to be involved). But making it illegal under the eyes of the law just because YOU personally don't like it, is another matter entirely.

Marriage is valued differently to many people, and as a matter of fact I know several people who are in open, polyamorous marriages, which shows that 1 couple's promise simply does not hold true or valid for another couple. Not everybody is completely enamored with the idea of being saved by some prince in a white picket fenced house and having a "happily ever after."

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #16039585 - 04/03/12 05:56 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

Crystal G said:

We disagree...I would be much happier if there were far, far less people married and those that were married actually were committed...

A promise to stay with someone forever for now isn't a promise at all...

I just dislike the idea of saying something and doing something else...I tend to be pretty rigid when it comes to things like that...

Don't get married. By the time you're my age you know that things change. To actually think you'll know how you will feel 20 years down the road is pretty silly imo.  btw I've never married. :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #16039587 - 04/03/12 05:56 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Why the fuck do you even bother posting unless you're going to read the link?

I read the link to the bill which doesn't say what you say it does.  Hence my description of you as a liar.
Quote:

This has to do with employers firing women for using birth control, it has absolutely nothing to do with government paid birth control. Seriously, are u illiterate? If you're going to make a contradictory statement then at least make an effort to come across as seemingly intelligent.

Do you not understand that every time someone receives a private insurance benefit it costs ALL subscribers?  Buy your own whore pills and get the fuck out of my wallet.

--------------------

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: Use Birth Control? You're FIRED, WHORE!!! [Re: zappaisgod]
    #16039621 - 04/03/12 06:06 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I read the link to the bill which doesn't say what you say it does.  Hence my description of you as a liar.

Why don't you actually write something of substantive value for once, or at the very least QUOTE which part of the article has ANYTHING to do with your tremendously stupid psychobabble.

The opening paragraphs from the links I posted:

Quote:

A proposed new law in Arizona would give employers the power to request that women being prescribed birth control pills provide proof that they're using it for non-sexual reasons. And because Arizona's an at-will employment state, that means that bosses critical of their female employees' sex lives could fire them as a result.

Quote:

First, a bill that gives immunity to doctors who lie to couples about the results of their prenatal tests in order to prevent them from getting an abortion. Now, a bill that would give your boss the green light to fire you for using birth control.

Again, I ask, are you illiterate?

Quote:

Do you not understand that every time someone receives a private insurance benefit it costs ALL subscribers?  Buy your own whore pills and get the fuck out of my wallet.

Jesus fucking Christ. Insurance covering birth control (which is completely fucking understandable, seeing as how reproductive health is a MEDICAL issue, just like insurance covering heart conditions, diabetes, or vascectomies)is NOT the same as state covered birth control. You can't pick and choose which health issues you want insurance to cover. You're probably one of those guys who cry, "Oh I want my Viagra and vascetomy covered, but NOT birth control!" :rolleyes:

Not to mention, your ideologically stupid and moronic rants have absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. Obviously you're only posting such incredulous idiocy because you're only here to troll and derail the thread. I don't truly believe ANYBODY could possibly be that fucking stupid in real life.

If you want to go on a stupid rant about whether insurance companies should cover birth control, then make your own thread. Don't bogart another person's thread with your moronic rants that have no relevance to the original topic.

Edited by Crystal G (04/03/12 06:18 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

General Interest >> Political Discussion