Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHuxley
Loc: Las Vegas
How best to prepare for a first experience with fly caps?
    #1603468 - 06/03/03 12:54 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I've decided to try Mucaria for the 1st time and have done lots of research, read every trip report on Erowid for instance. But I want to know from those who have tried it, just to reinforce my understanding beforehand, what are say the most important 2 or 3 things that one must do to get the most from the experience? If you could go back and change a thing or two before you tried for the first time, what would those things be?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: How best to prepare for a first experience with fly caps? [Re: Huxley]
    #1603693 - 06/03/03 04:14 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

so you're doing it eh? Cool...

I find these topics about amanita muscaria always end up with a bunch of guys coming on telling you that it's not a hallucinogenic trip and that they've heard it's not very pleasant.

Well just to give the other side of the fence (I should say that I have never done them before) I worked with a couple last year who said that they ate amanita muscaria over the winter and had great trips.. better than psilocybin mushrooms. Their thing was they would eat tiny amounts.. they would eat little nibbles and get a very strong body buzz, and they'd just feel great.

I guess I'm just posting this because I'd never heard that opinion on the internet before.. take tiny amounts of dry amanita muscaria flesh and get a body high from it. Sounds like a good way to start off with it, and I imagine that I'll one day try the mushroom with tiny nibbles as my first tries. Good luck dude

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: How best to prepare for a first experience with fly caps? [Re: Dogomush]
    #1603698 - 06/03/03 04:22 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I've never tryed them but as soon as I find time I plan to buy some and try them out, due to BS I've been to bussy to try anything out, but if you try it before me share the experience :smile: I've never heard of anything special being done for these shrooms, just eat and trip pretty much, maybe you'd want some activities or sitters, whatever, thats just all personal preferance. Have fun :wink:

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: How best to prepare for a first experience with fly caps? [Re: DailyPot]
    #1603704 - 06/03/03 04:31 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Same here, never tried em but will be next month. Just make sure you heat them before you eat them (VERY Important) . As ibotenic acid causes bad nausea. As for trip preperation I expect I'll be asking you this question in a month :smile:

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineTrip
Lost Pilgrim

Re: How best to prepare for a first experience with fly caps? [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1605526 - 06/03/03 04:47 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

im really interested in trying these aswell. all i can say is be a pioneer for us and tell us how it is. ive never actually heard any first hand stories on the subject of fly. its always "i heard this" and "i heard that". just heat the suckers so the ibotenic acid can wast away and you should be ok. i wish you luck. enjoy (-:

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Loc: under a pine
Re: How best to prepare for a first experience with fly caps? [Re: Trip]
    #1605711 - 06/03/03 05:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

as for my personnal experience, Amanitas gaves a very good feeling (mind/body)...a "goblin mood" (happy and jumping everywhere !). Eaten raw, Amanita gave me nausea, eaten dry it was better, no nausea at all and tons of visions behind my eyelids...this is a psychedelic mushroom, i don't understand when people says it's not a psychedelic mushroom...please eat it with respect, as for me,i felt that this mushroom has lots of deep spiritual connections with the forest...good luck !

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Re: How best to prepare for a first experience with fly caps? [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1605804 - 06/03/03 06:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Same here, never tried em but will be next month. Just make sure you heat them before you eat them (VERY Important) . As ibotenic acid causes bad nausea.

just heat the suckers so the ibotenic acid can wast away and you should be ok.

Actully ibotenic is more toxic and less potent than muscimol which is the better chemical you want to trip with. Heating turns ibotenic acid into muscimol.

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Loc: under a pine
    #1605881 - 06/03/03 06:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

and drying too

OfflineHuxley
    #1605944 - 06/03/03 06:39 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I bought these caps from one of the leading on-line distributors; they are high-quality, deeply-red and of course already dried out. I'm debating whether to just whoof them down quickly or mix them up with something. Will it dull the effects if they are taken with some other food? This isn't a huge consideration for me as I actually enjoy the taste of cubes, and am able to consume rotten-tasting stuff without gagging.

OfflineTrip
Lost Pilgrim

#1606047 - 06/03/03 07:19 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

KOPE, did you experience any OEVs? can you tell us more about the overall experiences as in enlightening compared to other mushies? sounds very funful.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: How best to prepare for a first experience with fly caps [Re: Trip]
    #1606104 - 06/03/03 07:55 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Looks to be very intersting, let us know how it went.

Dog-o-mush I love your sig

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: How best to prepare for a first experience with fly caps [Re: gdman]
    #1606519 - 06/03/03 10:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

If someone wants to smoke shrooms, this is the one to smoke. A Guy Iknow mixes AM with weeks all the time and he love the experience. I don't know exactly how it feels cause I never actually tried AM.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Re: How best to prepare for a first experience with fly caps [Re: djd586]
    #1608070 - 06/04/03 01:45 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

These aren't suppost to taste bad at all, infact alot of people say it tastes like chicken!

OfflineHuxley
Re: How best to prepare for a first experience with fly caps [Re: DailyPot]
    #1610013 - 06/05/03 12:42 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Nibbled on some today actually. Nothing of note but they didn't taste bad. I'll do 10 grams next time. I heard a lot about small amounts acting as a tonic and lightening your mood but I didn't notice anything.

OfflineHuxley
    #1617553 - 06/08/03 12:26 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'll enter a trip report later, and I'll just say right now that I would not recommend these. The experience was horrible. I'm sticking with cubes from now on; all I can say is I'm glad that I had the experience and that it is over, and I won't be coming back for seconds.

OfflineLysergicVision
Stranger
    #1694803 - 07/07/03 10:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

hrmm....there seems to be a LOT of differing opinions on whether amanitas are a good trip or not....I just happen to have a nice little patch of them growing right outside my window at work....they're so beautiful! Look at the pretty colours!! how could they NOT be good, lol.

Ive picked a younger specimen and taken off the skin and yellow flesh, and have heated the bits in a fan forced oven at 200 degrees celcius (which seems to be the most predominantly mentioned bits and preparation technique ive seen). go away ibotenic!

I think i might try smoking it with a bit of mj.......

wish me luck!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck