Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegrifa
Stranger
little worms in mushrooms
    #1603671 - 06/03/03 05:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hello on my recent mushroom hunting in a new field after picking about 50 cubes out of cow shit not long after rain, i left them to dry, when i got back most of them were rotting and had tons of these little white worms eating them, i think they caused the rotting. Do you think these cows have worms and i should find a new field or that its just because its soon after rain.

Has anyone else found these little white worms im talking of , its anoying as hell cause now i cant eat my shroom caps only the stems.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: little worms in mushrooms [Re: grifa]
    #1603720 - 06/03/03 06:50 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The fruit fly arvae are in most P. cubensis shrooms. The eggs are laid inthe sit. The shroom grows the worms hatch and eat up the center of the stalk to the cap. When laid overnight to dry in real hot weather the worms will end up consuming the whole cap.

Here is a picture of a cap eaten by worms.

>P.S. They are harmless and full of protein. They willnot hurt you.

and

and here ae some caps which were invaded by a group of ants who got pretty stoned and could not find a way down off the table because it was so far away to the floor.

Theydrilled dozens of little pin holes into my shrooms in a wild frenzy dancing the dance of the seven veils.

large pametto roaches also like to chew onthe shrooms when they are drying on paper as do raats.

mj

But again, those worms wioll not hurt you. After pickeing you should lay the shrooms int he sun for a few hours to dry the caps somewhat so the worms will dry up before they get hugh.

That way you woont notice them.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1603848 - 06/03/03 09:40 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

While many people ignore the maggots, the thing you might consider is whether the mushrooms thenselves have rotted. There have been a lot of poisonings caused by people eating mushrooms which had simply gone bad, so they got ordinary food poisoning.

I'm not aware of anybody getting sick from eating the maggots (except possibly for psychological effects), but don't eat them if they've actually rotted.

Here's a tip from the edible mushroom hunters. When you get your mushrooms home you can nuke them just long enough to get the center hot and kill the eggs and young larvae. The people I know who do this use 15 - 30 seconds on high, dependong on how big the mushrooms are. The idea isn't to cook them, it's to cook the eggs and larvae.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlineflanders53
enthusiast
Loc: NY
    #1604644 - 06/03/03 02:59 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have the same problem with my Pan subbs. Those bastards are a pain in the ass! Nuking them sounds like a good idea. I will try that Toxicman. Thank you.

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

OfflineQQQ
Stranger
Re: little worms in mushrooms [Re: flanders53]
    #1604708 - 06/03/03 03:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Where to finfd these shrooms, in parks, forests, ponds, meadows, farms, etc? Let me know where they are most found, I live in ny.

InvisibleMaggotbrain
Trustee

Loc: gulf coast
    #1605060 - 06/03/03 04:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Fuck.  I thought I was hallucinating those fucking things.    :crazy: 

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
Re: little worms in mushrooms [Re: Maggotbrain]
    #1605769 - 06/03/03 07:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i was once eating a curious citrus, that tasted like a mix of a grapefruit and a tangerine on the side of a road that steeped down a hill into a dense florida forest. there was a stream nearby and i sat there looking around at plants and insects, enjoying the most succulent grapefruit i have ever tasted. it was shining so brightly and glistening in the sun FEEDING nutritious WATERY energy to me. and then, in a flash, maggots crawled and glistened all over the grapefruit. i dropped it to the ground and uttered a sound. my friend continue to cut up his citrus, unphazed. i picked it up and continued eating, acknowledging my minds present illusion.

Invisiblesubterranean
Peaceful Warrior
Loc: on the road
Re: little worms in mushrooms [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1605885 - 06/03/03 08:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

damn mj.....that was a funny azzz post! i had a nice image of ants trying to figure there way off that table....bumping into each other......laughing in circles.....saying over and over again....."which way do we gom which way do we go???"

been a long day and i needed a good laugh...thanks!

--------------------
If you got one foot in yesterday
And one foot in tomorrow
You are pissin' all over today

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: little worms in mushrooms [Re: subterranean]
    #1606326 - 06/03/03 11:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

THey came up a leg to the top of the table. When I got up oin the morning I had a lot of caps with hundreds of holes drilled into them. The ants were loking for a way down, extending two legs over the edge of the table looking down, down down intot he puits of the floor. They knew it was a long way to climb.

AS I mentioned I have awoken to rats chewing on my shrooms drying at night, to cockroaches (Palmettos) gnawing excavations into the caps of shrooms and also getting up in the morning to find several caps completely soggy and gone and little fruit fly larvae doing the dance of the seven veils, trying to hop and inch worm their way formthe dry sticky newspaper clinging to their little brains to get tot he next shroom and eat somemore.

mj

Offlinegrifa
Stranger
Re: little worms in mushrooms [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1927409 - 09/18/03 02:26 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the responses fella's.

I did read about that nukeing thing, i tried it once but musnt of been for long enough.

Im hoping for some rain so i can get some more...

You guys rock , is there any way i can give u karma or like something that improves your board rating or do i need more posts or something

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification