Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTubby Lumpkins
Aspiring Hunter
Male
Loc: Florida Flag
Help with Determining a Field's Prospects
    #16033468 - 04/02/12 12:38 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Hello everyone,
    I have been a long time reader on this forum but this will be my first post. Pretty recently a friend of mine and I have begun hunting mushrooms, actives to be specific, in some surrounding cow fields. We went two nights in a row to two different fields. The first night we went out was about 12 hours after a day and a half of rain and we found one mushroom which we could easily determine wasn't a psilocybe. The next night we found LOTS of the same type mushroom some of them being quite big but, once again none of them were the desirable yet elusive cubies we are searching for. My question is, should we continue to search for different fields or is there still a good possibility that these fields have the psilocybin mycelium we just haven't been able to find any fruiting mushrooms?

--------------------
Keep on keepin on

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesteelasp
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maine, USA Flag
Re: Help with Determining a Field's Prospects [Re: Tubby Lumpkins]
    #16033542 - 04/02/12 12:54 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Don't give up on a field just because you didn't find what you expected the first time.  Mushrooms are finicky.  They pop when they want to pop.
I have several fields that I check, they all border each other.  Sometimes one field will have nothing, while another is completely covered.  Some days, I go out thinking the conditions are perfect for cubensis, or Panaeolus cyanescens, but all I find are Panaeolus antillarum.  Sometimes I go back to the same place a week later, and every turd I see has actives growing on it.  Keep looking, they'll be there eventually.

--------------------

OfflineTubby Lumpkins
Aspiring Hunter
Male
Loc: Florida Flag
Re: Help with Determining a Field's Prospects [Re: steelasp]
    #16034402 - 04/02/12 03:41 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Ok thats really good news for me because both of those fields were very laid back and had good parking spots, they felt relatively unsketch.

--------------------
Keep on keepin on

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck