Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

I'm an asshole
    #1603341 - 06/03/03 01:49 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

OK this is gonna sound funny to some of you but I need some serious help. I'm a condescending asshole. I've always felt like I'm more intelligent than the majority of other people, not textbook-wise, but more like what's going on in the world and how easily the majority of people can be tricked into doing stupid things. Maybe I have a superiority complex, I don't know. I sometimes feel like I'm on a level above everyone else and so when people don't see things the way I see them I might make a sarcastic wise-ass comment about it. I'm not always like this, just when I'm stressed out or in a bad mood. I know everyone's behavior changes under those kinda conditions but even when I'm in a really good mood it's still hard for me to genuinely connect to people. My beliefs are really limiting me from being an open, caring person, and I'm even really picky when it comes to the people I become friends with because of this. Basically I just want to be able to be more lighthearted and genuine to other people instead of always being a cynical asshole. Any thoughts, opinions, advice? I'm sort of angry at myself cause I never even realized I acted like this till tonight. Help.  :frown:     

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSBTlauien
Stranger

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: ]
    #1603554 - 06/03/03 04:08 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: I'm an asshole [Re: SBTlauien]
    #1603690 - 06/03/03 06:13 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

You sound like a typical egotistical teenager, I usually think im intellectually above my friends and in most cases in right. However, when I think about it im not sure if its a reflection of my intelligence or the stupidity of my friends........

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Anonymous #1

Re: I'm an asshole [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1604087 - 06/03/03 11:50 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Problem is, I'm not a teenager  :blush: One might think I should've outgrown this by now.  :crazy: 

Anonymous #1

Re: I'm an asshole [Re: ]
    #1604182 - 06/03/03 12:20 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Anonymous #1

#1605316 - 06/03/03 05:34 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

try going higher...if you see past the bullshit, you should also see past your ego... humbleness is a virtue.

InvisiblePhalanxx
Stranger
Loc: Europe
Re: I'm an asshole *DELETED* [Re: ]
    #1605984 - 06/03/03 08:53 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Leprachaun

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: I'm an asshole *DELETED* [Re: Phalanxx]
    #1605991 - 06/03/03 08:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Offlinedizzim
Born Again Head
Re: I'm an asshole [Re: poke smot!]
    #1607848 - 06/04/03 02:11 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i think poke's right. I'm sure you feel (and possibly are) more intelligent than some of the people you hang out with. But if you feel the need to convince them that you're smart or put them down, then you're most likely trying to give yourself a boost because of low-self esteem.

Ego-maniancs often have inferiority complexs.

dizz

Offlinedizzim
Born Again Head
Re: I'm an asshole [Re: dizzim]
    #1607865 - 06/04/03 02:19 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

if you've got the balls and stomach for it. Ask a close friend to tell you exactly how they percieve you, tell them not to pull any punches and tell it to you cold and straight.
If they're willing its a real eye opener. I learned a lot about myself doing this and affirmed some things i already knew. It wasn't all bad either, they pointed out some really good qualities that i wasnt aware of along with some bad.
If you do it, just remember - you asked them for their opinion, they didnt ask for your opinion about them, so try not to get defensive and definately dont start pointing out their flaws unless they've asked.

just my thoughts
dizz

Anonymous #1

Re: I'm an asshole [Re: dizzim]
    #1608371 - 06/04/03 05:17 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks everyone for your input. Yes I do have low self-esteem but it's not as bad as it used to be. I'm not ugly or anything like that (far from it hehe) but I'm just not "normal." I have trouble relating to average folks cause I'm not interested in sports/cars/sex/money/tv/etc like they are, and because of that I get impatient and then angry at myself/them for not being able to understand them. I've spent my entire life just trying to understand people and why they act the way they do, but I'm still confused even as an adult.

And dizzim, I'm gonna try that. I've done it before but the couple friends I asked didn't go into much detail. They just tell me I'm "weird", but that could mean a hundred different things.

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1609076 - 06/04/03 09:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

being called weird is the answer i'd expect to get just for asking that question in the first place.

Offlinedizzim
Born Again Head
Re: I'm an asshole [Re: jarby]
    #1610809 - 06/05/03 09:40 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

jarby - you may think its a weird thing to do, but for me its important to have a couple really close friends that i can share anything with. I've got friends that i just hang out and BS with and i do the same with my close friends also...but when the shit hits the fan or my head is completely fucked up, its an incredible help knowing that i've got a key person that i can unload my craziness on and know that they'll help me out...either by being supportive or telling me i'm off my rocker and give me some advice. Knowing that they accept me for who i am, even with all my flaws, means the world to me. And i do the same for them when they need it.
I've got 2 close friends that i've been through so much shit with, good and bad. They've seen me at my worst (and it was bad), and we're still close. I for one strive to improve myself and if that makes me weird, oh well. I've always been weird.

dizz

Offlineaeonblue
OrganicSpiral

Loc: northeast us
    #1610899 - 06/05/03 11:21 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Unplug the coffee pot, seriously. Watch your caffeine intake in any form. It can cause a smart mouth and a biting tongue.

I know this from experience. And yes, you are old enough to know better. Asking for help is the first step.

Be well,

I had heard this from some others. I think it really does make a difference for me at least. It makes me fired up and if I am in a bad mood (which can be often) I say a lot of stuff I don't really want to say to others. I know I should stop my caffeine intake but it is hard to. I have stopped smoking cigarettes and don't have a lot of cash to buy green so coffee is one of the only "drugs" that I can use, other than alcohol and that is a whole different ballgame. I think the hardest part is that most of my life was spent ingesting drugs in one way or another. Cigarettes first, then lots of pot and trips, lots of alcohol, just enough coke to know it would do me in if I got a taste for it. The trouble is finding something to take its place and that is so much harder than it sounds, at least for me. Good luck with your "anger management".....

--------------------
The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.

Paul Valery

www.dailygrail.com

Offlinemike
iHugTrees

Re: I'm an asshole [Re: aeonblue]
    #1615595 - 06/06/03 10:04 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

the best thing in my opinion to do with the majority of the people that seem not to get is, justtake it for what its worth, you know. i mean everyon ein the world sees something a little different fromn the next. i have eliminated right and wrond, and put it all on one big line. there are sides, but we're all in the same boat.

people are generally good, and if you present things to them in a positive way, they are more than likely going to be open to your interpretation, the trick is to be open to their interpretation.

NOBODY IS "RIGHT".

"anybody who says they 'know' has stopped thinking."

fuck it all man, supiriors inferiors, its all THEIR game, it is our duty at this critical juncture to see beyond all those boundries, and unite with guidance of the unending depth of the human spirit, and forge a new way, a new day.

PS i am an idiot.

--------------------
Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.
-Albert Einstein

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: I'm an asshole [Re: mike]
    #1615995 - 06/07/03 02:47 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think it's important to notice that you are looking to connect with people, but when your attempts aren't meet with a positive response, you can get defensive by believing you are on another level above them. You're already on the right path by recognizing this as a problem. I have found when this has happend to me, that I have to remind myself of why exactly I am thinking that way. Usually it is because of the frustraition of not being understood or to connect. By looking down on others, it's making it so I don't have to try and put my emotions out there, therefore "I won't get hurt". Unfortuntly, that leads to a certain bitterness and such.

There are thinking people out there, and unfortuntly it can be hard to find them, as sometimes they don't want to be found.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being