Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineOldgregg
I'm old gregg!
Male

Loc: China Flag
Re: Ultra Music Festival [Re: All We Perceive]
    #15996363 - 03/25/12 09:39 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

listening to tritonal's set now, it's pretty :awebig:

and while it does seem fun I prefer downloading the sets in the comfort of my own home and jamming out to them here

the next big music event i think im going to go to is Holy Ship though

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAll We Perceive
Sea Cucumber
Male

Re: Ultra Music Festival [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #15996410 - 03/25/12 09:46 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Meh.  The majority of kids who go to ultra don't know a fucking thing about edm and just go for the drugs and eat enough Molly to kill a small horse.  Just bad vibes brah.  It's like the kids who came back to my tent drooling over the bassnectar set at camp which sucked balls and missed the face melting biscuits shows which were playing right in front of them.  I'm not saying that everyone must be experts of the artists they see but its a totally different vibe when people are there for the music.  Plus the one hour thing I mentioned earlier plus even more pigs than the suwannee feats.

--------------------

"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Edited by All We Perceive (03/25/12 09:48 PM)

OfflineOldgregg
I'm old gregg!
Male

Loc: China Flag
    #15996416 - 03/25/12 09:47 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

i need to start saving so i can go in 2014!

--------------------

OfflineAll We Perceive
Sea Cucumber
Male

Re: Ultra Music Festival [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #15996604 - 03/25/12 10:30 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Meh.  The majority of kids who go to ultra don't know a fucking thing about edm and just go for the drugs and eat enough Molly to kill a small horse.  Just bad vibes brah.  It's like the kids who came back to my tent drooling over the bassnectar set at camp which sucked balls and missed the face melting biscuits shows which were playing right in front of them.  I'm not saying that everyone must be experts of the artists they see but its a totally different vibe when people are there for the music.  Plus the one hour thing I mentioned earlier plus even more life than the suwannee feats.

--------------------

"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #15997037 - 03/26/12 12:27 AM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

All We Perceive said:
Meh.  The majority of kids who go to ultra don't know a fucking thing about edm and just go for the drugs and eat enough Molly to kill a small horse.  Just bad vibes brah.  It's like the kids who came back to my tent drooling over the bassnectar set at camp which sucked balls and missed the face melting biscuits shows which were playing right in front of them.  I'm not saying that everyone must be experts of the artists they see but its a totally different vibe when people are there for the music.  Plus the one hour thing I mentioned earlier plus even more life than the suwannee feats.

Fair enough - I haven't been, I'm just going off of the video stream.  I feel you about people who aren't really there for the music though, and just go because it's the "thing to do".

I can especially see that in a city like Miami, and when it's not a campout fest, you have a lot of prissy "VIP" type people who are happy to go back to a hotel at midnight and shower up for the next day.  Those aren't the true partiers who are there because they love the music and the vibe, and those types of snobs can definitely ruin events.

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
    #15997796 - 03/26/12 08:43 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

All We Perceive said:

You weren't doing the same shit when you were 15?  I know when I first started going to raves I was more concerned with eating a bunch of E and dancing like an idiot than listening to good music.  Guess if I really cared that much about music I probably wouldn't have been going to raves in the first place.  Kids need a place to find themselves, seems like a good place to start.

--------------------

OfflineDeekay
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Ultra Music Festival [Re: fapjack]
    #15997864 - 03/26/12 09:05 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

I don't know many kids under 18 to can afford 3 days at Ultra. :shrug:

Like 20 of my friends went this year and probably 1/2 of them are actually EDM fans. If you're in college and can afford to go Ultra it is the thing to do.

As for the lineup, the garbage on the stream was pissing me the fuck off, but realistically the best acts aren't on the main stage and there are tons of good DJ's to see. Guetta + SvD was :facepalm:. I defiantly prefer smaller festivals 8-30k, hope EDC NYC is still cool. :paranoid:

My one real question was out of 100k people why were so few people actually dancing!?!?

--------------------
Check out my gallery :sun:

Do YOU have The Band's sheet music books? I am paying cash!

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
Re: Ultra Music Festival [Re: Deekay]
    #15997872 - 03/26/12 09:07 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

There are tons of people at Ultra under 18, if you save up all year its totally doable.  People under 18 don't really have bills usually and a lot of them have jobs.  Also there are tons of people dancing, but the closer you are to the stage the less room you have to move your hips.

--------------------

Offlinerodfarva
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=====-----=-=-=-=-I
Male

Re: Ultra Music Festival [Re: fapjack]
    #16011393 - 03/28/12 10:57 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

Well Ultra was a fucking blast. If you didn't enjoy watching it on youtube don't talk shit ... I would go alone if no one would join me. Luckily I rolled 15 deep all weekend with my friends from 5 continents. It was insane, I went all day each day, and we danced all day.

Again, if you don't like ultra that's fine, but I think you are boring people... hahaha. 

--------------------

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Ultra Music Festival [Re: rodfarva]
    #16011410 - 03/28/12 11:01 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

rodfarva said:
Well Ultra was a fucking blast. If you didn't enjoy watching it on youtube don't talk shit ... I would go alone if no one would join me. Luckily I rolled 15 deep all weekend with my friends from 5 continents. It was insane, I went all day each day, and we danced all day.

Again, if you don't like ultra that's fine, but I think you are boring people... hahaha. 

Damn dude, that looks fucking awesome.  I bet you had a blast.

:raveface::awecid::awetrippie::awetongue: :rockon:

OfflineDeekay
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Ultra Music Festival [Re: rodfarva]
    #16012735 - 03/29/12 09:04 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

boring? more like dejected because we couldn't go

all my friends are coming back and telling me about it, makes me so :sad:

--------------------
Check out my gallery :sun:

Do YOU have The Band's sheet music books? I am paying cash!

Offlinerodfarva
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=====-----=-=-=-=-I
Male

Re: Ultra Music Festival [Re: teamkiller]
    #16033020 - 04/02/12 10:23 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

teamkiller said:
lol that looks so gay.  It looks like something that would be put on by NBC or like a super bowl halftime show or something.

I'd be curious to know what kind of sound system they have.  I've always wondered if an outdoor concert system is too loud to play in a city, but they appear to be doing it.

Music is pretty alright though.  alot better than any other time i recall listening to this guy.

ooo so wrong. This was the loudest sound system(s) i've ever heard. I have hella experience including a Korn tour in the early 2000's that claimed to be in the Guinness book for loudest ever; Ultra was louder, IMO.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate