Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAdrian
Fun Guy
Loc: Melbourne
Re: Liberty Caps In New South Wales and Victoria [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1607611 - 06/04/03 12:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

MJ: I'm glad you began this thread because I've become rater interested in finding the less commonly found/ used species of shrooms around here.

i.e. Psilocybe semilanceata, Psilocybe cyansecens(??), Panaeolus ater, Panaeolus campanulatus/ papilionaceus, Panaeolus retirugis, Gymnopilus spectabilis/ junonius, sapineus, purpuratus have all been reported from Victoria alone.

Lately I have been keeping a look out for P.semilanceata, but have found none as of yet.

Wouldn?t altitude generally have to do with cooler temps/ condensation and thus frequently available moisture ideal for shroom production?

So in theory shouldn?t certain areas of Victoria should provide ideal conditions for P.cubensis & Copelandia cyanescens?

--------------------
Australian Mushroom Spores, Ethnobotanical Plants, Seeds & Herbs

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Liberty Caps In New South Wales and Victoria [Re: Adrian]
    #1608229 - 06/04/03 04:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Both of those latter shrooms grow at sea level as well as at high altitudes.

Forget ater, campanulatus, teurugis P. cyanescens and panaeolus papilionaceus. Only worry about P. subaeruginosa, P cubensis and Copelandia cyanescens and then the liberty caps. in that order you will find them most likely

Of course look out for farmers int he paddocks. They do report to l,.ocal constables your prowling int heir habitats.

also read my article int he general forum here on ingestions down under. Some locales for some shrooms are probived inthe literature I added.

mj

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Liberty Caps In New South Wales and Victoria [Re: Adrian]
    #1614220 - 06/06/03 10:32 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Id say it comes down to conditions. I have seen dried specimens that are available in a herbarium from Mount Buffalo Nat. Park. so they are around and ive read all sorts of bizzare reports in various city suburbs.
As for Ps.Cyanescens, both the mycologists that originally described it as being found in Australia have conceded that the mushroom in question was a variant of Subaeruginosa with lageniform cystidia and larger hyaline spores. These characteristics were identical with those described by Australiana/Subaeruginosa.
Certainly Subaeruginosa's hyaline cystidia and characteristics place it firmly in the Cyanescens family, but to describe Cyanescens in Australia and New Zealand would be claiming synonymy between Subaeruginosa and Cyanescens which is contentious.
Ps.Cyanescens differs greatly between europe and US, so it is possible that the different substrate choice (softwoods), slight microscopic differences and inrolled cap margin are all just regional variations or adaptions of an older introduced Cyanescens specimen, which was Buchanan's contention.
Further studies are coming - stay tuned!!

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Liberty Caps In New South Wales and Victoria [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1614221 - 06/06/03 10:34 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Ive been sent spores of an active panaeolus from Victoria - assuming it is Cyanescens, then it may occur here under the right conditions.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder