Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesymantic
Stranger

co-incidences
    #1600625 - 06/02/03 04:53 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I too have noticed an amazing amount of co-incidences lately, there was one quite big one in the standard calendar..

03:03:03am on the 03 day of the 3 month in the 3 year of 2000, the 3 millenium

and in my life. .there has been so many lately.. what do you think the signifigance of these co-incidences is ?

--------------------
reality is the part of the imaginatio we all agree on

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: co-incidences [Re: symantic]
    #1601588 - 06/02/03 01:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

the more you look for them, the more you'll find.

Synchronicities are taking over.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: co-incidences [Re: Strumpling]
    #1602580 - 06/02/03 07:32 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

My friend and I were just talking about this last night. For the past month atleast there have been TONS of co-incidences. I cant think of an example right now tho :confused:

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
    #1602754 - 06/02/03 08:19 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

" ...on the 03 day of the 3 month in the 3 year of 2000.... "
----------------------------

First of all...  I have a witness, second, I have also already shared the info with someone I really trust.....

On the third day, of the third month of the third year...  [ This is just soo funny, because it ties in soooo perfectly to what I just posted to Swami's Test your Hypothesis thread !!!! ] ...  On that very day, while I was going to a friends house,  we had the craziest "white-out" condition I have ever driven in... 

[ White-out means that so much snow is falling and blowing around that you cannot even see three feet in front of you ] ...  You feel like you are in a VOID !!!

....  The cars were all moving so slow [ 5 km/h was the top speed  lol....] ....  the road was non-existant...  It literally felt like I was moving sideways...

>> [ the snow was blowing significantly from right to left...  so I felt as if I was moving to the right ] -  That feeling of non-existant motion happens, for example, when you are stopped at a light, and the car next to you inches up... you intinctively hit the breaks harder because you "feel" as if you are moving backwards...<<

I got to my buddy's place and something happened "as if right out of the blue "...

We were on the internet and Loading songs on Kazaa lite....  Suddenly, an unrelated song to our query appeared....  It was my name [ for this example, I'll use ________ ]  ....  The song title is _________  U . 

It was a very wierd night !

Unfortunately, there were more sources needed...  So we didn't load the song that evening...  while at the same time we noticed other forms of [ at the time ] what looked like coincidences....  for example, we saw my telephone number in the kb of a song...

Believe it or not....  Three days later, my friend told me that he finished loading the song. I got a hold of it.  I listened to it.

The first thing I noted was... that the beat was quite nice...  House/ dance beat ....  And then it happened....

THe main lyrics of the song are as follows [ I still get goosebumps when I think about it... even now while I'm typing this ] : " I know you're out there, I can feel you now "

Those words are repeated over and over.

[ For the record...  That was not the first time my name became "manifest" ...  And my name is not your usual Bill, Fred or Bob. ]

===================

Strumpling: "Synchronicities are taking over."

All I have to say to that is.....      :shocked:  :crazy:  :laugh:

===================

I would also like to add something... 

A while back, I had made a comment...  It refered to some dates and times  by Swami and Mr M. .. It was regarding post # 1486056 - 04/23/03  02:34 PM and # 1486120 - 04/23/03  02:47 PM

Refering to Swami banning himself and Mr M's " Bye Bro."

It happened in the .... [ Wow... of all threads !!! ] Re- Prediction Theory thread  [ !!!!!!!!!! ]  05/07/03, 8:18 PM .... 

>>>> I specifically stated: " Those dated and times... although you may not quite get it, actually mean something to me ....  overlapped with parametres I once set for those specific numbers...

This appears to me as a conceptual example of synchronicity. " <<<<

I had mentionned Swami and Mr M were involved in an interaction while refering to some unknown [ completely unknown from their vantage points ] meaning... 

Here is the point I'm getting at...  This is an example of: Overlap.

Prediction seems to be linked to overlap.  If overlap exists...  Then what it overlaps with also exists [ your present ]... In terms of relative present, an overlap in the present moment happens in two conceptual manners, and two manners only...  Memory is the first...  Foreshadowing is the second.

Memory, while it holds true [ Illness distorts it ], is pre-determined.

Foreshadowing, in a litteral meaning such as prediction, refers to something that is about to happen... Upon the realization of foreshadowing, it becomes a 1/1 event  [see Swami for 1/1 link].  Foreshadowing, as in a movie, implies that the event was pre-determined.

Perhaps then, it becomes reasonable to consider [ with fine print as I have previously mentionned as well ], that  things are in fact already pre-determined...

[ For more details, see my posts in the Everything is predetermined thread  >> 04/27/03, 10:38 PM;  04/27/03, 11:17 PM; and 04/28/03 11:36 PM << ] 

This very example was a non-specific prediction involving two very intelligent  individuals...  Swami and Mr M.  This phenomenon of overlap can be explained with a concept that I will not share at this time.  I have coined a term and shared it already with a friend.

The funny thing though, is that not everyone experiences these things...  I'm gonna say something that I said just hours before: " You can lead a horse to water, but... "

I am not an expert on the subject...  In other words,  I do not have full contol, nor full understanding...  I'm just submitting this as yet another example... 

>>> I have said it before, and I'm gonna say it again:  I'd like to thank EVERYONE for such a positive experience !!!  This is beginning to appear somewhat significant to me.  Thanx again !!!  <<<

:grin:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Anonymous

Re: co-incidences [Re: Deiymiyan]
    #1602817 - 06/02/03 08:34 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

the more you look for them, the more you'll find.

exactly.

remember that there are no such thing as coincidences. Everything happens for a reason.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Re: co-incidences [Re: ]
    #1602854 - 06/02/03 08:46 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

remember that there are no such thing as coincidences. Everything happens for a reason.

Well alot of things have been happening for some reason then...its really not in my head. There are ALOT of rare things happening in very short time spands. Its not that I'm looking, these things you cant not notice...

Edited by DailyPot (06/02/03 09:51 PM)

Anonymous

Re: co-incidences [Re: DailyPot]
    #1602863 - 06/02/03 08:49 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

right. you are more in-tune with God(everything) I cant not notice many things myself. Its good that you know nothing is "all in your head". Nothing would happen if it wasnt for a "GOOD" reason.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1602874 - 06/02/03 08:55 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I haven't noticed an unusual amount of coincidences as of late, but I would like to share some very odd "coincidences" that have occurred in my life.

This first one is the one that sticks most in my mind.  It happened when I was in the sixth grade.  It's sort of a long story, so bear with me....

About a year prior to the incident, my stepfather got a job in a city about 8 hours away from where we lived at the time.  My mother took my older brother and me with her and my stepdad when they moved, and a bitter custody battle between my parents ensued for about a year.

It ended up being decided that my brother and I were to move back home with my father.  I remember the day my father came to pick us up and take us home very clearly.  It was a very sad time in my life, but also happy because I wanted to go back and live with my dad.

Anyway... The incident occurred when we were in the car just a few blocks from finally reaching our home.  The radio was on, and the song "The Boys Are Back in Town" by Thin Lizzy came on. 

HOW WEIRD IS THAT?! 

None of us will ever forget it...

Another strange coincidence I remember from my life also occurred with the radio.  I was writing Christmas cards to all my friends at school, and I was listening to the radio while doing so. 

When I was writing a card to my friend Emily, a song by Jewel came on.  Guess who Emily's favorite singer is?

When I was writing a card to my friend Kate, a song by Tori Amos came on.  Guess who Kate's favorite singer is?

I guess this isn't really a big deal, but I remember being really freaked out by it when it happened, and I even mentioned it to them in their cards.

Another weird coincidence with the radio happened somewhat recently when I was getting my tattoo done.  I really wanted to bring a portable CD player to the tattoo parlor so I could listen to Tool's "Lateralus" when I was getting needled.  Unfortunately my CD player was broken, so I couldn't bring it.  But the tattoo parlor had the radio on, and guess what song came on????

You guessed it! :smile:

There have been so many other odd coincidences in my life that just seem too weird to be true, but I will just tell you about one more that actually happened last night.

I received a random instant message on AIM from someone who I had never talked to before.  It was someone asking me to ID some mushrooms for them.  I asked where he was from, and guess what?  He lives in the same city as me!  He is only a few minutes away by car, actually!

He said he chose my name completely randomly and had no clue we lived in the same place.  We were both completely flabbergasted!!  We talked for a long time, and there are so many strange similarities between us that it is just crazy!

It was a very odd occurrence, indeed.

Okay, sorry for the length!  Just thought I would share some of these because some of them I am really not sure if they are simply coincidences or not.

Sometimes I'm not sure if anything in life is a coincidence.

That's all! :smile:

-RebelSteve 

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

#1603049 - 06/02/03 09:56 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

right. you are more in-tune with God(everything) I cant not notice many things myself. Its good that you know nothing is "all in your head". Nothing would happen if it wasnt for a "GOOD" reason.

Huh? Are you trying to make fun of me? Whatever man, talk all you want, I'm saying co-incidences have been happening to me alot more, nothing else. You're the one saying it all happens for a reason and shit so fine, then stuff has been happening for some reason. I'm not more in-turn with God and I haven't been looking for co-incidences, I'm just saying very noticeable ones have been happening.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: co-incidences [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1603051 - 06/02/03 09:56 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Tonight I was browsin' The Shroomery when my mom came online and started IM'ing me.  While I was talking to her, I noticed that my post number was actually her address!

Weird! :laugh:

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

#1603710 - 06/03/03 04:35 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

lol what the hell steve, thats just too many crazy things...if i were you i'd think i'm being recorded on tv or something

OfflineBobGod
Stranger
Re: co-incidences [Re: DailyPot]
    #1603818 - 06/03/03 06:49 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

someone that has posted in this thread will win the lottery...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1603865 - 06/03/03 07:54 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The radio was on, and the song "The Boys Are Back in Town" by Thin Lizzy came on.

HOW WEIRD IS THAT?!

Sorry Steve, it is not weird at all. How many hundred thousands of times has that song been played to millions upon millions of listeners where it had no meaning nor "coincidence"?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1603875 - 06/03/03 08:07 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

remember that there are no such thing as coincidences.
Remember from what source? Some dog-eared New Age book?

Everything happens for a reason.
And you base this sweeping statement on what? Lacy Patterson was brutally murdered to fulfill some Cosmic Plan?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac
Re: co-incidences [Re: Swami]
    #1603883 - 06/03/03 08:11 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

> Lacy Patterson was brutally murdered to fulfill some Cosmic Plan?

you never know. :wink:

and with that, i'm gone.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: co-incidences [Re: BobGod]
    #1603886 - 06/03/03 08:12 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well just in case bobs right...

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Re: co-incidences [Re: GazzBut]
    #1605172 - 06/03/03 03:05 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

There is an official one now...everyone this way
Come on Kottonmouth :smile:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1613934 - 06/06/03 03:14 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"Sometimes I'm not sure if anything in life is a coincidence."

yeah that's the direction I like :smile: - this amazing machine we're a part of is getting absurdly self-aware and exploits this all around us at all times IMO... through each and every one of us.

I read an article about a "big wow!" theory a while back - it had something to do with the birth of consciousness - a claim that there was something similar to the "big bang" that happened way later but in a more cerebral or "spiritual" manner, causing a rapid increase in consciousness which is still happening today. Heh the details of it were weird but I liked the idea of an "explosion" of consciousness, creating more and more of it, and organizing and complicating it even deeper, just as the big bang theory claims happened with matter.

I think these coincidences are indicators that we as a species are good at noticing things around us that aren't particularly dangerous or important for survival - I think this is a great trait - we are "conscious" and at times we're even "awake/alive" ;P

-

I really dig the "coincidental" feelings I get on mushrooms - its like I can feel the amazingness of the moment that "the everything" is somehow producing "right now" and how it will flow seamlessly into tomorrow and so on.. its a coincidence we're even here to notice coincidences :wink:

on my last trip the phrase "there's a whole lot of work being done without us" came to mind, and it applies on this level I think - its like no matter who you are and no matter what you do, your mind will pick up on various "coincidences" and attribute them to external activity.. there is always a lot of work on these synchronicities being done without you, and you are always working on other people's coincidences too, without either of you knowing about it until a small wow is born - I think synchronicities and the fear of death are the two largest building-blocks of organized religion.

Daily amazing coincidences fuel the spirit :wink: we're all a part of this thing. lol woah I'd better cut it off here!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (06/06/03 03:35 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder