Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Good article on global warming. [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1590106 - 05/29/03 06:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Personally i don't think you post very good articles because you always have writers saying things like:

Liberals don't care about the environment. The core of environmentalism is a hatred for mankind. They want mass infanticide, zero population growth, reduced standards of living and vegetarianism. Most crucially, they want Americans to stop with their infernal deodorant use.

I've seen that author several times on Real Time with Bill Maher, and I believe she was a regular guest on Politically Incorrect before that. She's dumb, arrogant bitch who's absolutely opposed to legalization. That is all.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
Re: Good article on global warming. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1590263 - 05/29/03 06:29 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

From the article:
The key to the U.N.'s global warming study was man's use of aerosol spray. You have to know the French were involved in a study concluding that Arrid Extra Dry is destroying the Earth. In a world in which everyone smelled, the French would be at no disadvantage. Aerosol spray. How convenient.

So, let me see...did she address the matter of aerosol spray?  Nope.  Maybe I'll e-mail her.

We didn't wait for more data when DDT (dichloro-diphenyl-trichloroethane) was banned on the basis of Rachel Carson's book Silent Spring, which brainwashed children into believing DDT would kill all the birds.

Um, DDT nearly wiped out fishing bird populations in affected regions.  DDT aggregates at greater levels the higher it goes up through the food chain; at the level of the eagle or osprey, it was doing exactly what Carson said.  Not only are those birds an important part of an ecosystem, but they eat the same fish that humans go after.  (Just to keep it anthropocentric)  Now, DDT and other banned pesticides are being sold in foreign countries with weaker regulations.  I guess the laws of nature (science) vary from region to region.

It was a miracle invention: Tiny amounts of DDT kill disease-carrying insects with no harm to humans, protecting them from malaria, dengue and typhus. But in 1972, the U.S. banned one of the greatest inventions in modern history.

She is off her rocker.  Hey, toxic sludge is GOOD for you!

And then comes the final paragraph, that others here have mentioned.  :confused: 

Anonymous

#1591605 - 05/29/03 10:44 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Fiction can be fun!

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1593818 - 05/30/03 03:32 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

See this is why it's so much fun to post here. There are those who can't factually back up what they say so their hatred clouds their judgement.

There are those who judge the message by who the messenger is.

There are those who will never agree with anything that doesn't fit their preconceptions.

Thgere are those who mock others for what they believe and then go on to claim that anyone who doesn't believe as they do is brainwashed.

There are those who make outlandish statements and then can't or won't back them up.

So many fools, so little common sense.

Tell me which one am i for not knowing this person and disregarding her bullshit (article)for her obviously bias thinking?

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: Good article on global warming. [Re: silversoul7]
    #1598095 - 06/01/03 11:55 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I saw ann coulter get roasted on Phil Donahue's(now cancelled) show on msnbd. They were talking about her new book. He called her an immature hatefull liitle girl which is what she is.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Good article on global warming. [Re: 1stimer]
    #1600609 - 06/02/03 04:37 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

ya global warming is not happening
tell that to people alive in 2050!!!!

when there are NO ICECPAS !!thats right NONE

hey alot of us here might be around or that
as if it wasent obvious !

patterns of animals are changing (THEY KNOW the climate changing)

I could go on forever about the changes right in front of me and ALL of you every day

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Good article on global warming. [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1600627 - 06/02/03 04:57 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ya global warming is not happening
tell that to people alive in 2050!!!!

do you want to clue us in how ANYONE could do this?  Please, the sky isn't falling.

Quote:

when there are NO ICECPAS !!thats right NONE

see above

Quote:

hey alot of us here might be around or that as if it wasent obvious !

i guess the sky is falling in your world.

Quote:

patterns of animals are changing (THEY KNOW the climate changing)

you speak to animals? :confused:

Quote:

I could go on forever about the changes right in front of me and ALL of you every day 

and still say nothing concrete...hmmm

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Edited by Innvertigo (06/02/03 06:10 AM)

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Good article on global warming. [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1600640 - 06/02/03 05:11 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

no I dont speak to them I READ!!!!!

you know science
maybe you should check this site out
http://www.ucsaction.org/

I read a great overveiw o the "worlds heath" awhile back by them

but you dont want their opinion they are only half of all nobel prize winners ever and most o the luterates(spelling?)

WAKE the fuck up
or are you NOT on the net right now

do some fucking reading buddy

www.corpwatch.org

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Good article on global warming. [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1600709 - 06/02/03 06:08 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

no I dont speak to them I READ!!!!!

So you read to people in the future? can ya show me how you do that?

Quote:

you know science
maybe you should check this site out
http://www.ucsaction.org/

That doesn't answer my question. How can you see the future?

Quote:

but you dont want their opinion they are only half of all nobel prize winners ever and most o the luterates(spelling?)

who said i don't want their opinion? It seems that you are just disagreeing to disagree this morning, which is quite humorous. You just said it was their OPINION.

Quote:

WAKE the fuck up
or are you NOT on the net right now

eh? Psycho Babble..

Quote:

do some fucking reading buddy

I will once you show me how you talk to people in the future.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1600832 - 06/02/03 07:59 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I will once you show me how you talk to people in the future.

You mean you can't?

Actually I'd rather speak to myself in the past. I'd tell myself the winning lottery numbers and be all set.

Yes to all those weasely lefties who are about to howl..... I'd use my powers for PERSONAL gain!!

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1600843 - 06/02/03 08:10 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Actually I'd rather speak to myself in the past. I'd tell myself the winning lottery numbers and be all set.

How do you think i afford mt two SUV's? :grin:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1601241 - 06/02/03 11:45 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Since the beginning of the industrial revolution around 1750-1800, there has been a sharp rise in the use of fossil fuels, which release large amounts of the greenhouse gases CO2 and CH4 into the troposphere. Deforestation and clearing and burning of grasslands to raise crops, which release CO2 and N2O into the atmosphere. Cultivation of rice paddies and use of inorganic fertilzers, whcih release N2O into the troposphere as well are highly detrimental.

Based on evidence about past changers in atmospheric CO2 concentrations and atmospheric temperatures, climate scientists contend that it is hihgly likely that increased inputs of CO2 and other greenhouse gases from human activities will enhance the earths natural temperature of the atmosphere near the earth's surface. THis enhanced greenhouse effect is called GLOBAL WARMING .

THere is much evidence of a correlation between atmopsheric concentrations and carbon dioxide and average tropospheric temperatures. Here are just a few....

• The concentration of CO2 in the troposphere is higher than it has been in the past 420,000 years
  • The 20th century was the hottest century in the past 1,000 years
  • An average global sea level rise of 10-25 inches over the past 100 years
  • Northward migration of warm climate fish and trees
  • More common occurrences of unusual weather patterns such as warm spells, droughts, and unexpected storms and hurricanes in parts of the world
  • Large water gyers which control the large ocean currents have been changed due to the lack of colder waters, from depeltion of ice caps.

THere is so much pure hard evidence that global warming is happening.... I think people should do a lot more reading instead of taking one article so seriously.

Edited by angryshroom (06/02/03 11:46 AM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Good article on global warming. [Re: angryshroom]
    #1601459 - 06/02/03 01:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Based on evidence about past changers in atmospheric CO2 concentrations and atmospheric temperatures, climate scientists contend that it is hihgly likely that increased inputs of CO2 and other greenhouse gases from human activities

how can you say that there is hard evidence when it's premised by "scientists contend that it is hihgly likely"?

what about the CO2 that occurs naturally? Unfortunatly there's just as much evidence that there is NO global warming as there is for it. Some actually welcome the increased CO2 for the growth of plants as shown in the documentary: The greening of planet earth.

I'm not saying you're wrong but to say that there is hard evidence when the weather man can't even predict the weather 7 days in advance is quite funny.

Quote:

The 20th century was the hottest century in the past 1,000 years

we haven't been recording weather for 1000 years so i'd like to see where they get this evidence from.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1601508 - 06/02/03 01:17 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The only conclusive thing you can say about global warming is this:

It's fairly likely, but we don't have a large enough sample of data to say if it's genuine.

So, you can't say it's a myth, but there is a chance it's not real.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Good article on global warming. [Re: Phluck]
    #1601526 - 06/02/03 01:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I'm not saying it is a myth, that's why i said there is just as much evidence for it as there are against it.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Good article on global warming. [Re: Phluck]
    #1601847 - 06/02/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The only conclusive thing you can say about global warming is this:

It's fairly likely, but we don't have a large enough sample of data to say if it's genuine.

OK, who are you and what did you do with Phluck?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1601899 - 06/02/03 03:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

do you want to clue us in how ANYONE could do this? Please, the sky isn't falling.

You think if we went back 100 years and said "Maybe it isn't such a good idea to hunt elephants for their ivory and whales" you would have people like you saying "There's absolutely no evidence whales could ever be endangered. Or elephants. Don't be silly. There's just as much evidence suggesting hunting is good for them".

That's why we need to act now.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #1602401 - 06/02/03 06:30 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

there have been countless civilizations that have become extinct due to the fact that they destroyed their own environment. what makes us think we are any different?

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Good article on global warming. [Re: 1stimer]
    #1602689 - 06/02/03 08:01 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

there have been countless civilizations that have become extinct due to the fact that they destroyed their own environment

Really? Which one?

It's very arrogant to think man can destroy the Earth.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1602718 - 06/02/03 08:09 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I know that it is NOT a myth. Yes, there is a natural cycle of CO2, but, really you have to look at what we are doing here... There is a very high artifical input of greenhouse gases which will be active for hundreds of years rather than just a year like Carbon Dioxide would have. Just look at LA...you go there, and you can SEE the smog. I'd go surfing out there and get out feeling like I just had smoked a pack of cigs.

Quote:

we haven't been recording weather for 1000 years so i'd like to see where they get this evidence from.

There are quite a few ways in determining climate changes since the beginning of time here on Earth. Measuring climate changes in the last 1,000 years is actually easy for scientists. Measuring the ocean fluxuations is one way. There area  alot of people that don't realize that our axis fluxuatates from 23.5 degrees (where we are now) to a much larger angle and back around to the other direction. Earth scientists can measure this by drilling into basalt and reading which way the natural metals are pointed or crystalized. Not like you were asking that. :wink: But that really adds to determining that there have been climate changes and when they were.

Edited by angryshroom (06/02/03 08:10 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom