Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineledfethered
Student ofShroomery
Loc: Mid Atlantic, U.S.
Puffballs..........Yummm
    #1602211 - 06/02/03 05:27 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hey all,

Thought I'd share some "side dish" I found today. The tasty Gem Studded Puffball! The good news is these are coming up in a new area; I'm getting ready to disrupt the habitat where they have been growing. Hopefully they?ll come up where we move that earth to as well!

The penny doesn?t do them justice, I shouldn?t have used it. The biggest ones are 2" diameter, that?s about the largest firm healthy ones I've found here, buts it's been raining like crazy.

Got a question for someone who might know. What is the best way to remove a large community of unwanted mushrooms from the lawn? I got these "Lawnmower's Mushrooms" coming up all over the place, but I don?t want to harm the habitat for the desirable mushrooms. Should I remove them by hand (there is a lot of them) and discard in the garbage? Give up on the idea and just keep mowing them over? LOL

Any feedback is appreciated.

Peace

--------------------
Only man's arrogance could deem a mushroom illegal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
Re: Puffballs..........Yummm [Re: ledfethered]
    #1602243 - 06/02/03 05:40 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

those puffballs look heavenly from here. they look a lot nice than the field puffballs i found about a week and a half ago. they were the only thing i found on a 3 HOUR hunt in the countryside of pasco and hernando county.  i dont have anything here except to two white amanitas i found just now. and not much rain in the forecast either... :mad:

damn when you talk about having to remove mushrooms from your lawn because you have too many of them....i wanna cry. i would say let them grow enjoy. 

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1602247 - 06/02/03 05:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, those are really neat-lookin! :smile:  Thanks for posting them!

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

Offlineledfethered
Student ofShroomery
Loc: Mid Atlantic, U.S.
Re: Puffballs..........Yummm [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1605377 - 06/03/03 03:52 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the replies!

I ended up not eating those because I didn?t feel like deep-frying last night, got lazy.

Hopefully letting them finish their cycle out there will produce a bigger fruiting next time; they seem to like to come back! I just started learning mushrooms last year and observed them and ate them last fall for the first time. They are really good battered and deep-fried.

Now I see that they fruit in spring too! I'm blessed! LOL

Man I have a carpet of "Lawnmower Mushrooms" (I think that?s what they are, I haven?t whipped the books out on them to double check, but they look the same as previously identified) in areas of my lawn. I hate them (I know, strong word) and their dark spore stains making my lawn look like it was burned.

They?re supposed to be hallucinogenic in large quantities, very large quantities I think. But I'm not eating any of those things!

We have a tremendous habitat here. Not only do we get the puffballs, but we consistently get the Parasol (Lapoita Procera), which is a real treat as well. Of course we get the massive White Amanitas including the dreaded "destroying angel" and a host of other fungi, like Honey mushrooms and I even found three small Yellow Morels this spring.

I should contact the local mushroom folks around here and invite them over for a "Foray"!

Peace

--------------------
Only man's arrogance could deem a mushroom illegal.

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
    #1605793 - 06/03/03 05:59 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

goood times..

today i found a total of 2 mushrooms....what a blessing  :smirk: 

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1606373 - 06/03/03 09:47 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Nice puffballs.

Unfortunately, the only things I know of to get rid of unwanted mushrooms tend to do it to all the mushrooms. You might try changing what you fertilize the lawn with or how much you water.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder