Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinexkacellax
Hopeful Scholar
Female

Loc: Southern New Hampshire
What's Growing In Your Garden?
    #16012684 - 03/29/12 08:50 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Anybody else out there growing anything this year, or planning on growing things? Talk about it here!
When I say things, I mean vegetables/fruits/herbs/flowers/etc- this isn't the cultivation forum! :smile:

Currently, I have red morning glories(I will have blue soon, I just gotta pick up some seeds), yellow hydrangeas, a calla lily, edamame, peas, green onions, lily of the valley, swiss chard, chickpeas, a norfolk pine, christmas cactus cuttings, annnnnd an avocado tree. :smile: These are all indoors right now in pots, due to the weather and the temporary situation we live in (my boyfriend and I live with his parents since we just moved up to the area).

What've you all got growing?

--------------------
:alert:BEWARE THE LYME CARRIERS:alert:

ALWAYS CHECK YOUR CLOTHES AFTER A HIKE, 1 IN 4 TICKS CARRIES LYME DISEASE AND OTHER VECTOR BORNE ILLNESSES. IF BITTEN, REMOVE TICK WITHOUT SQUEEZING THE BODY, SAVE IT IN A BAG, AND GET TESTED. THE SOONER YOU TREAT LYME, THE LESS SEVERE IT IS.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

Re: What's Growing In Your Garden? [Re: xkacellax]
    #16013079 - 03/29/12 10:38 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

So far I've planted red cabbage, oregano, chamomile, beets, kohlrabi, 6 types of tomatoes with still 1 type to plant, bush beans, dandelions, and chickweed. I've still got quite a lot to plant and it's going to be a bitch because the tiller crapped out.

edit: oh yeah, I've got my onions planted too.

Edited by NewfoundFreedom (03/29/12 10:39 AM)

Invisiblejboredone
Money-The root of all evil....
 User Gallery

Re: What's Growing In Your Garden? [Re: NewfoundFreedom]
    #16013107 - 03/29/12 10:44 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

"dandelions"....you have to plant them?

I have few diff kinds of tomatoes, 2 different onions, carrots, potatoes, cucumber, Indian tobacco, few diff pumpkins, watermelon, some random flowers......

--------------------
Peace Pot Micro-Dot God Loves You High or Not!!!
In order to grow old and wise, you must once have been young and dumb!

OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
Re: What's Growing In Your Garden? [Re: jboredone]
    #16013361 - 03/29/12 11:48 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

5 citrus trees, peppers sweet and jalapenos, tomatoes, garlic, onion, shallots, datura... okra knew i was forgetting one.

--------------------

InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

Re: What's Growing In Your Garden? [Re: jboredone]
    #16014725 - 03/29/12 05:03 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

jboredone said:
"dandelions"....you have to plant them?

I have few diff kinds of tomatoes, 2 different onions, carrots, potatoes, cucumber, Indian tobacco, few diff pumpkins, watermelon, some random flowers......

Companion planting. Also If I'm growing them in large quantities it's easy to pick them all at the same desired time.

OfflineYacub
Psychedelic Redneck
Male User Gallery

Loc: NOLA Flag
Re: What's Growing In Your Garden? [Re: NewfoundFreedom]
    #16024961 - 03/31/12 04:06 PM (12 years, 11 hours ago)

I have basil, thyme, oregano, sage, parsley, chives and rosemary in my herb garden.

I have tomato plants in my vegetable garden and I've planted peppers (several different types), eggplants, celery, green onions and spinach in my vegetable garden, but they haven't sprouted yet.

I've also just bought a plantain tree, satsuma tree and a blackberry vine which are still in pots in my driveway, they'll be planted tomorrow.

Edited by Yacub (03/31/12 04:27 PM)

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #16025653 - 03/31/12 07:05 PM (12 years, 8 hours ago)

in the garden: kale and three kinds of broccoli (transplanted thursday), spinach seeded, lettuce seeded.  i transplanted a zuke into a large ceramic container this evening

starts:  butternuts, zukes, lemon cucumbers and a pickling cucumber, 4 tomatoes, 3 eggplant

starts yet to sprout:  more tomatoes, eggplant, and butternuts.  basil, lettuce, marigold, pyrethrum, cayenne, and some romanesco broccoli just to see the germ. rate of these old seeds

still to come: okra, beans, zinnias, and yellow squash, nasturtium....maybe some other stuff :shrug:

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Invisiblewhite wizard
after the flesh
 User Gallery

Loc: Planet Earth
Re: What's Growing In Your Garden? [Re: demiu5]
    #16026556 - 03/31/12 09:47 PM (12 years, 6 hours ago)

Oh man, I've got a lot going on right now. Currently growing: thai basil, garlic chives, lemon grass, black pearl edamame, mimosa pundica, tobacco, poppies, purple pitcher plant, black zebra tomatoes, black beauty eggplant, bolivian rainbow pepper, a bunch of cacti, trinidad scorpion butch t peppers, jalapenos, and serranos. All of this on a balcony. Hopefully I'll have a yard in a week or so...

--------------------

Offline2row
Fermenter

Re: What's Growing In Your Garden? [Re: white wizard]
    #16043203 - 04/04/12 01:19 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I put in 6' of red raspberries and 6' of black raspberries a week or 2 ago. Gotta get the onions in still.

Got the tomatoes started inside along with the peppers and herbs. Doing some beans as well once its time. Plans for some strawberies as ground cover.

Im pumped. This is the first year Im gardening in more than contianers. I dug up a 8x16 plot in my backyard and am super stoked to work it for fruit and veggies.

--------------------
You've got to go thru the meat locker to get to the bliss fountain.

Offlinexkacellax
Hopeful Scholar
Female

Loc: Southern New Hampshire
Re: What's Growing In Your Garden? [Re: 2row]
    #16047172 - 04/05/12 10:45 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Wow, everybody's growing so much! You all are lucky to have places to plant things in the ground- I live with my boyfriend's parents for now, and don't want to plant anything and then just leave it when we get an apartment. So all of my plants are in containers.

My chick peas and edamame are very tall! It'll be interesting to see how much bigger they get. My morning glory has sprouted, it's a couple inches up now, and my hydrangeas are tall as well.

I've never grown anything before, so I'm so nervous and hyper aware of all of my plants. >.<

--------------------
:alert:BEWARE THE LYME CARRIERS:alert:

ALWAYS CHECK YOUR CLOTHES AFTER A HIKE, 1 IN 4 TICKS CARRIES LYME DISEASE AND OTHER VECTOR BORNE ILLNESSES. IF BITTEN, REMOVE TICK WITHOUT SQUEEZING THE BODY, SAVE IT IN A BAG, AND GET TESTED. THE SOONER YOU TREAT LYME, THE LESS SEVERE IT IS.

Invisiblesetb
10th level beer nerd
    #16050639 - 04/05/12 10:53 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I'm going to start my seeds and such this weekend. I'm going to grow some  bush paste tomatoes and can a bunch of sauce. I am going to grow some Black Sea Man tomatoes and some Red Zebra tomatoes. I think I am going to grow two types of eggplant- white and ichiban; I'll just buy seedlings this time around. I am going to grow some cherry peppers and some serranos. I will also be growing some bush zucchini. I want to be able to enjoy/share a lot of good, fresh food and I would like to be able to can a bunch of stuff.

Along with those big veggies I will be growing some arugula, oregano, Italian basil, lime basil, thyme, sage, chives, and bay. I'll have some lavender and marigolds around to attract pollinators and maybe some other random flowers/herbs.

I'll be doing this all organically and all in containers. I rent so I can't exactly dig up the backyard. I have only ever grown plants one or two at a time so this should be interesting.

Oh, I also just bought a compost tumbler. I'm going to have to buy compost or something to start these plants but I'll figure it out. I'm thinking about doing part potting mix, part compost, and part penlite for my containers. That should work, right?

OfflineMaito
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Ert
Re: What's Growing In Your Garden? [Re: setb]
    #16052887 - 04/06/12 01:53 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I've got onions, potatoes, grapes, blackberries, blueberries, rosemary, elephant garlic, some smaller garlic, carrots(and the carrots are all different colors), a lot of different kinds of lettuce, spinach, bush and pole beans, sweet potato slips in the window almost ready for me to cut and begin rooting, cantelope, peas, rosemary, thyme, more bell peppers than I'm going to know what to do with, chili peppers, banana peppers, and strawberries.

edit: I forgot about the tomatoes. :facepalm3: and the 2 orange and 2 lemon trees I got last week.

--------------------
You can't spell 'healthcare' without 'thc'

Edited by Maito (04/06/12 01:57 PM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #16054251 - 04/06/12 07:48 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

what I have ready or nearing harvest is asparagus, carrots, onions, leeks and
strawberries, the asparagus is coming up faster than I can pick it and it
looks like a bumper crop of strawberries this year. in another month the
blueberries will be ready and in 2 mos the blackberries

I've not started on my normal spring crops, I've told a dozen people not to
plant until mid april no matter how warm the weather is unless the plants are
cold hardy, we always get a late cold snap, sometimes even have snow. I
always plant in mid april

I'm starting about 2lbs of asparagus seed, about 200 artichokes as well as a
few varieties of tomato at my own and my neighbor and I are doing a bit
together as well for a commercial venture

Offlinekeeks
Stranger
Re: What's Growing In Your Garden? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #16061187 - 04/08/12 02:18 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I have tomatoes, greens, peppers (banana and bell), onions, potatoes, corn,cabbage, and I am thinking about trying carrots.

Something has sadly got to the cabbage. =/

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: What's Growing In Your Garden? [Re: keeks]
    #16063238 - 04/08/12 10:29 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I just sowed seeds of zucchini's, anacho/gypsy/jalapeno/red bulls horn, sunsugar and early cascade tomatoes, pole beans, basil and swiss chard.

I am going to sow a lettuce mix and a loose leaf lettuce next week.

We're going to pick up some seedlings too; maybe squash, herbs, cucumber, and a couple other things...

We're in a new suite, big back yard. Probably a 5x10' plot in the back, 2x15' down the side of the house (partial sun) and unlimited room for containers.

We did a crowded garden with all purchased seedlings last year, and it went to shit. We actually got a fair bit of food out of it but alot of things were also largely unsuccessful because of shitty planning. I am hoping to improve on it this year .. but am fairly daunted and feel like i've left it to the last minute once again...

Going to try and get through Mel Bartholomews book "square foot gardening" in the next couple weeks while these seeds are germinating and build a small cold frame to the grow the seedlings up in.

We're also successfully worm composting, but i would like to do it on a large scale this summer (our bin is too small to keep up with our compost.)

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Edited by PDU (04/08/12 10:30 PM)

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: What's Growing In Your Garden? [Re: white wizard]
    #16064448 - 04/09/12 09:10 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

white wizard said:
Oh man, I've got a lot going on right now. Currently growing: thai basil, garlic chives, lemon grass, black pearl edamame, mimosa pundica, tobacco, poppies, purple pitcher plant, black zebra tomatoes, black beauty eggplant, bolivian rainbow pepper, a bunch of cacti, trinidad scorpion butch t peppers, jalapenos, and serranos. All of this on a balcony. Hopefully I'll have a yard in a week or so...

Purple pitcher plant.  Try saying that 5x fast.

Well I got two kinds of maters - roma and yellow plum.  But I got a lot of them.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Offlinetorus314
Stranger

Re: What's Growing In Your Garden? [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #16098034 - 04/16/12 03:33 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

san pedro. hahaha

Offlineapplesmasher420
CGI and Visual Effects Artist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kekistan
Re: What's Growing In Your Garden? *DELETED* [Re: torus314]
    #16098855 - 04/16/12 07:01 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by applesmasher420

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------

My Grow Logs!

My Trade List!

Every image and post made by this account is generated by AI :shrug:

Offlineletholdus
Kite Boy
Male

Loc: NC Flag
Re: What's Growing In Your Garden? [Re: applesmasher420]
    #16107792 - 04/18/12 06:06 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

at my parents house they grow tomatoes and zucchini. I still consider it my garden. We also had catnip growing in the backyard, no joke. Not sure my parents knew that was what it was but it smelled so good! I've always wanted to have a garden of mint plants. :tongue2:

Offlineegodeathflux
Guttersnipe
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Stygian Pits Flag
Re: What's Growing In Your Garden? [Re: letholdus]
    #16107814 - 04/18/12 06:11 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Pak Choi, various chillis, Vietnamese coriander (cilantro) which looks completely different and has super peppery taste, and some Morrocan mint for making tea.

Got an apartment so only window ledges for growing, but fresh herbs are a must. Also my cacti take prime positions.. Going to start a few trays of mixed salad leaf and some rocket in the next week or so.

Gotta love the Spring. :tongue2:

--------------------

"Atrophic interludes weave through my life far too often, for me to fight the biggest enemies"

"Standing on the corner of 5th and Vermouth"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds