Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Re: The Drug User's Manifesto (as the last hated subculture on earth) [Re: qman]
    #16011219 - 03/28/12 10:13 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

millzy said:
Quote:

qman said:
The fact of the matter is, drugs ruin many people lives, most drug users make terrible employees, and are very irresponsible for even taking care of themselves.

this is a false claim.

the way in which drugs ruin most lives is by their entrapment in the legal system. yes, drugs can and do cause deaths but this number is small in comparison to how many are disenfranchised from drug prohibition.

moreover, the quality of an employee is determined by their ability to show up to work in a punctual manner and perform the tasks of their job. in the instance of each individual bad employee there are, in all likelihood, many factors that cumulatively contribute to the behavior patterns that cause them to be bad employees. indeed drugs can be one of these factors, but again, the sheer number of drug users on the planet seems to suggest that drug use alone does not automatically make an individual a bad employee. therefore most drug users are good employees.

we can follow this path i've established and move on to examine drug users' ability to "take care of themselves". if most drug users are good employees, then they are able to hold jobs. holding a job is integral in someone being able to maintain their self sufficiency. if most drug users are self sufficient in this capacity, then we cannot automatically attribute drugs as a sole factor in one's inability to manage their life productively.

You make some strong points for sure, I guess the point I am trying to make is the difference between drug use and drug addicts. I am also sure there are drug addicts that function in the work force as well, but we are talking about in general terms or percentage wise.

We were also refuting your point by referring to addicts, not recreational users.

Florida started mandatory drug testing on everyboody who is on welfare. However, it turns out to cost significantly more than it saves. Which means drug addicts who are on welfare is in the minority. This is why I believe drug addicts are not nearly as unproductive as people think they are.

Are you basing your claims on empirical facts that state X percent of drug users are unproductive? No? If you're not, then you are basing your perception on bias of addicts. Which was the point of my article. Even in my article, I wrote that there is a heirarchy among drug users, starting with drunkards at the top, then pot smokers, then trippers, and junkies at the very bottom.

Lastly, how do you define unproductivity? If the person is unemployed and not going to school? Because karl marx was unemployed, I hardly see him as unproductive. A stay at home mom or dad would be classified as unemployed, I hardly consider that unproductive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: The Drug User's Manifesto (as the last hated subculture on earth) [Re: Crystal G]
    #23598863 - 08/31/16 08:04 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Holy fuck this was pretty good writing

Obviously I have disagreed with some of your statements on these forums. But if I were you I would consider selling your writing @crystal G

I am surprised that more didn't comment on this

Offlinetimelapses
Life in free form
Male

Loc: in a shroomery prison
Re: The Drug User's Manifesto (as the last hated subculture on earth) [Re: Crystal G]
    #23598890 - 08/31/16 08:13 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

"The fact of the matter is, drugs ruin many people lives, most drug users make terrible employees, and are very irresponsible for even taking care of themselves".

OK, giggle.

--------------------

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: The Drug User's Manifesto (as the last hated subculture on earth) [Re: timelapses]
    #23598946 - 08/31/16 08:26 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

smartest dude in my engineering dept is addicted to oxycontin on the down low. There are a few high functioning drug addicts. and on top of that, relative to the total number of addicts as a ratio to people who do drugs, its a fairly small difference IMO

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder