Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletrigger
non-trusted identifier
 User Gallery

Re: Phaeolus schweinitzii, Question about controlling damage [Re: RiverDweller1]
    #15996684 - 03/25/12 10:46 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

from what I understand about trees, is you cant stop the infection, only support immunity and or prevent infection. try to find what separated thr infected from non infected. with red pine, thinning the population drastically decreases fungi infection. with many infected trees the fungi shows up after a bug or after something that brings the tree's immunity down. i must say I am no expert, and just sharing what i know.

--------------------
If you want to under stand me more better, use a hillbilly redneck voice while trans posing my words 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRiverDweller1
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Phaeolus schweinitzii, Question about controlling damage [Re: trigger]
    #15996998 - 03/26/12 12:14 AM (12 years, 6 days ago)

thanks trigger, good info

Invisibletrigger
non-trusted identifier
 User Gallery

Re: Phaeolus schweinitzii, Question about controlling damage [Re: RiverDweller1]
    #16009917 - 03/28/12 05:30 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

an interesting thing about tree health is not only the tree but the host fungi need to be of concern. most of the trees directly depend on certain  fungi, when the fungi dies also the tree. little is know beyond trying to aid the most common host fungi within the surrounding healthy trees. sometimes the battle is underground. we need more permaculturists studying this stuff.
to git rid of the phaeolus you need to find out why its there and if its really the problem or if it is just the result of something else. in the mean time eradicate the infected trees and move them away from the wood plot. infected trees in my area are used as fire wood and are heavily regulated.
on a side note, over the last year I have seen several thousand ash trees die with in my county, a beetle is the cause, the ash most 50 years plus are the host to one of the worlds heavyset deposits in edible mushrooms witch is northern Michigan.. all of the large ash will soon be gone here, its a shame.

--------------------
If you want to under stand me more better, use a hillbilly redneck voice while trans posing my words 

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures