Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Contaminated syringe?
    #1600480 - 06/02/03 03:03 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Dunno if folks get this problem, but I made up this spore syringe about a fortnight ago. I kept it in a dark cool and dry place. I make up some honey solutions in the pressure cooker and go fetch the syringe. Damn, there's white fluff in there in small spots with dark dots in the fluff.

Now it's obvious there's no way I'll use it, but does anyone get this problem with stored syringes and further to the question, does anyone have any idea what the contam is? I've read cobweb mold has tiny black dots in the mycelium, is this it?

Hard to get a pic of the syringe contents.

It was tap water, not distilled water. Though to date, I've had no problems with tap water made spore syringes to inoculate PF cakes and grains jars.

However, this is the longest period of time to date in my project of leaving a spore syringe in storage. I normally use within 3 days and as said, no drama.

My only other input to the matter is that there's been a bad drought in my parts and it's possible that the tap water could be higher in mineral content, thus possible nutes -- where life can not only germinate, but grow. TIA

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Contaminated syringe? [Re: Starter]
    #1600787 - 06/02/03 07:11 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The problem with tap water when making syringes is that it carries mineral and organic material. Destilled water is better for syringes.
The white stuff germinating inside the syringe could be about anything , even mycelium. You could prevent such problem (when using tap water) by putting the syringe inside refrigerator (not the freezer).
You can test that syringe in one jar when you make your next batch. Just an idea.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder