Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCynosure
allow me to be your guide.
 User Gallery

Re: Do americans really smoke joints without tobacco?!? [Re: birdland] * 1
    #16005250 - 03/27/12 07:23 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

As an American, I roll both ways. 

I do enjoy tobacco with weed occasionally.

--------------------
"You can peel it [language] off the ceiling and make it dance in front of you" - McKenna

<3 .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehealing
Strangest
Female

Loc: the universe, the milky w...
Re: Do americans really smoke joints without tobacco?!? [Re: drr]
    #16005336 - 03/27/12 07:38 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

drr said:
Or watering down your beer so it takes longer to drink...

It's more like adding turpentine to your beer.

--------------------
Open mind, open heart, open book.

OfflinePotito
Stranger
Loc: France Flag
Re: Do americans really smoke joints without tobacco?!? [Re: MushyMatt]
    #16005345 - 03/27/12 07:41 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Zulu The Most High said:

Are you being serious right now?

Have you been living under a rock the past 20 years?

Cannabis smoke contains the same pyrolytic compounds as tobacco, including  benzene and benzo[a]pyrene. Saying cannabinoids are anti-carcinogenic (some studies say otherwise) doesn't cut it - you're still inhaling smoke.
The truth is, there's too little research, especially epidemiological studies on long term and heavy users like me (us? apparently), and a lot of conflicting evidence.
For instance, I could link you to this study that shows THC actually promotes tumor growth in mice:
http://www.jimmunol.org/content/165/1/373.full

But hell, this is completely off topic :-) We should probably rediscuss this in a few decades anyway.

Offlinehealing
Strangest
Female

Loc: the universe, the milky w...
Re: Do americans really smoke joints without tobacco?!? [Re: Potito]
    #16005414 - 03/27/12 07:54 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Potito said:
Quote:

Zulu The Most High said:

Cannabis smoke contains the same pyrolytic compounds as tobacco, including  benzene and benzo[a]pyrene. Saying cannabinoids are anti-carcinogenic (some studies say otherwise) doesn't cut it - you're still inhaling smoke.
The truth is, there's too little research, especially epidemiological studies on long term and heavy users like me (us? apparently), and a lot of conflicting evidence.
For instance, I could link you to this study that shows THC actually promotes tumor growth in mice:

But hell, this is completely off topic :-) We should probably rediscuss this in a few decades anyway.

The addictive nature of tobacco use is reason alone for leaving it out of your joints.

--------------------
Open mind, open heart, open book.

Offlineleafing
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Do americans really smoke joints without tobacco?!? [Re: healing]
    #16005452 - 03/27/12 08:04 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

healing said:
Quote:

Potito said:
Quote:

Zulu The Most High said:

The addictive nature of tobacco use is reason alone for leaving it out of your joints.

well weed is heavily psychologicaly addicting

so:shrug:

--------------------

"The psychedelic experience is just the temporary disruption of psychophysics and the telepathic emergence of synchronic linguistics "

~Leafing~

OfflinePotito
Stranger
Re: Do americans really smoke joints without tobacco?!? [Re: leafing]
    #16005477 - 03/27/12 08:11 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

I'm definitely not arguing with that healing. :smile:

OfflinePotito
Stranger
    #16005545 - 03/27/12 08:23 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

You're right leafing, I'm definitely more addicted to cannabis than tobacco.
While I've considerably reduced the amount of tobacco I smoke (3 a day on average including what little tobacco I put in my joints) without a problem, I can't see myself quitting cannabis anytime soon. Also nicotine cravings are a joke if you know a little bit about opiate w/d.
But that's just my experience, I know people who struggle immensely with their tobacco addiction.

Offlineleafing
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #16005652 - 03/27/12 08:48 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Potito said:
You're right leafing, I'm definitely more addicted to cannabis than tobacco.
While I've considerably reduced the amount of tobacco I smoke (3 a day on average including what little tobacco I put in my joints) without a problem, I can't see myself quitting cannabis anytime soon. Also nicotine cravings are a joke if you know a little bit about opiate w/d.
But that's just my experience, I know people who struggle immensely with their tobacco addiction.

im one of them

i must puke 7 times a day

and sometimes end up bed ridden and even majorly depressed... but

godamn sometimes id perfer a newport over a thizzle

--------------------

"The psychedelic experience is just the temporary disruption of psychophysics and the telepathic emergence of synchronic linguistics "

~Leafing~

OfflinePobeese
Amanita Muscaria
Male

Loc: New Zealand Flag
Re: Do americans really smoke joints without tobacco?!? [Re: leafing]
    #16005803 - 03/27/12 09:28 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

When you inhale weed it's a nice smooth feeling but when you inhale tobacco it hurts, your throat and lungs feel like they're taking a pounding.

--------------------
“Christianity has a built-in defense system: anything that questions a belief, no matter how logical the argument is, is the work of Satan by the very fact that it makes you question a belief. It's a very interesting defense mechanism and the only way to get by it -- and believe me, I was raised Southern Baptist -- is to take massive amounts of mushrooms, sit in a field, and just go, "Show me."”

- Bill Hicks.

Drugs to try: Alcohol, Weed, LSD, Mushrooms, DMT, LSA, Ayahuasca, Mescaline, MDMA, DXM, Ketamine, MXE, Salvia, Kratom, Ibogaine

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: Do americans really smoke joints without tobacco?!? [Re: Pobeese] * 1
    #16005847 - 03/27/12 09:37 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

so much hate in this thread.

weed is not "better" than tobacco

nothing is better than anything else

weed seems better than tobacco to me, but thats just like, my opinion man

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

OfflineJimLahey
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C...
Re: Do americans really smoke joints without tobacco?!? [Re: drr]
    #16005946 - 03/27/12 09:59 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

drr said:

Isn't that what light beer is?

--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

InvisibleLucyLysergic
CoZzA FrEnZy

Loc: The Lion's Den
Re: Do americans really smoke joints without tobacco?!? [Re: Cynosure]
    #16006226 - 03/27/12 11:03 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

--------------------
All darkness disappears from those who carry the radiance of the sun In their hearts
  http://www.freeleonardpickard.org/ 

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: Do americans really smoke joints without tobacco?!? [Re: JimLahey]
    #16006233 - 03/27/12 11:05 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

JimLahey said:
Quote:

drr said:

Isn't that what light beer is?

You're right, but I don't drink that either.

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: Do americans really smoke joints without tobacco?!? [Re: sof4r0ckeRs1984]
    #16006303 - 03/27/12 11:25 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

sof4r0ckeRs1984 said:
And without filter tip? In europe we make a tobacco mox and roll a small piece of cardboard for the filter. We don't gather the roaches either. Maybe some smoke bowls pure, alright...
I wonder if the weed in US is weaker...

OH MY GOD BRIT! NO way is that real? I would have expected this thread to be

DO BRITS REALLY ROLL JOINTS WITH TOBACCO? DISGUSTING

A blunt is always nice. It is rolled in tobacco, and wastes your weed if you smoke it too fast, but has a nice 'BOTH WAYS' effect

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Offlineutk
Ellis, Dee M.D
Re: Do americans really smoke joints without tobacco?!? [Re: imachavel]
    #16006661 - 03/28/12 01:34 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Yeah mixing cigarette tobacco is nasty. I can kind of understand why it is done in combination with hash. Hash tends to make your lungs expand really fast and cause intense coughing from bronchodilation. Nicotine causes bronchoconstriction and evens out the cough fit to some degree. Hash has such a strong flavor there is no way the nicotine could overpower it. Id still rather do hot knives or coal hits though. I will admit though I have taken a paper clip rolled in honey oil and stabbed it into the middle of a black and mild, pinched it, and pulled the clip back out. Proceeded to dry tincture on it to make a even coating of oil on the outside. Smoked that sucker standing up and by the fourth or fifth inhale I was staggering backwards and almost fell on my ass.

Definitely a fan of hotboxing peoples car with blunts. Original swisher, white owl, or peach optimo. I generally stuff the ends tight with a key and rip off the extra paper. Roll it between my fingers and use it as a crutch in the back of the blunt. drop of honey on index and thumb and roll the first half of the blunt in it. Bake it with the lighter and ready to go.

That said I like Glass on glass gravity bongs better than any tobacco admixture. Break the bottom off a wine bottle and attach a fat gram bowl with an O ring to the top. Put the wine bottle in a pitcher full of water.....

glass cup hits of hash with a cylindrical coal, a straw, and a piece of clean unreactive metal beats the tobacco method any day. Such a clean buzz and taste.

I would say a few reasons why the Europeans mix with tobacco is because weed is harder to get, more expensive, and lower quality(more often at least). For this reason conserving comes into play.

Since good weed is becoming increasingly cheap and abundant we just smoke straight weed.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/img0084aq.jpg/

BTW our hash is better too(predominantly). How can you say you have weaker buds, but stronger hash. We have stronger buds(more abundantly) to make stronger hash with. Whip up some BHO and stir in kief, make a putty ball of lung busters.

Offlinebrutex
Stranger
Loc: Belgica
Re: Do americans really smoke joints without tobacco?!? [Re: utk] * 1
    #16006724 - 03/28/12 02:03 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

No advantages to putting tobacco in a joint?

We do it because it burns slower, unless you live in hollands weed can be pretty expensive at times. if you smoke the joint outside you waste half your pure weed joint? no thanks. weed + baccy smoke is a bit smoother, you have to know the good rolling tobacco brands.

I agree if you take tobacco from a marlboro cig (or any american tobacco) that it's just ruining weed, cigs contain over 100 chemicals to make them burn faster, but with a nice brand like tigra you can roll a fatty with .3 and puff away for the next 20 minutes. I have yet to see someone toking on a bong for 20 minutes.

In europe, joints are a very social thing. Back in school, we used to smoke a joint in the morning, midday and at 4:20. I think i've met over 400 people in my life that i wouldn't have met if i didn't smoke joints.

if you want to toke outside, with friends, i just don't see any decent alternatives to a joint? metal pipes have a sucky taste (even worse then joints and they are harsher)and glass pipes are a bitch to carry around without breaking. And you have to find a place away from wind and people to light it. tobacco also slightly masks the taste.

the only thing better then joints for smoking outside is a portable vape. i own the arizer solo but i get so high from it that i broke all the glass mouthpieces (and i'm not alone, at every place where they get sold at a decent price they are out of stock)

tl dr; joints for the win

edit: not using roaches is retarded, except if you like wasting weed everytime you roll one. silly americans :pipesmoke:

Edited by brutex (03/28/12 02:05 AM)

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Re: Do americans really smoke joints without tobacco?!? [Re: brutex]
    #16006776 - 03/28/12 02:24 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

I like em both ways. The only way to make non-blashemous or whatever: not an insult to the quality of weed you're putting in it, is to add quality tobacco. Put the pipe type tobacco, and only put a little in. It'll add a much deeper flavor and smoke, and not add much harshness cause it's such moist, good tobacco. That's just me.

Most of the time i'd perfer a pure leaf, i mean fan leaf joint over a fully rolled cigarette. But i've been getting into em lately, very nice addition for a :beer: buzz or the likes.

and yeppers i'm americano, senor.

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

OfflineJoozz
Stranger

Loc: Estonia
Re: Do americans really smoke joints without tobacco?!? [Re: brutex]
    #16006782 - 03/28/12 02:26 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

i also don't understand why Americans don't use Roaches or is weed really so cheap in there?

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: Do americans really smoke joints without tobacco?!? [Re: sof4r0ckeRs1984]
    #16006903 - 03/28/12 03:34 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Joozz said:
i also don't understand why Americans don't use Roaches or is weed really so cheap in there?

Yes. We use roaches rarely, but you'd have to be pretty desperate. Everyone would be like "dude, just roll another one, man."

Quote:

sof4r0ckeRs1984 said:
And without filter tip? In europe we make a tobacco mox and roll a small piece of cardboard for the filter. We don't gather the roaches either. Maybe some smoke bowls pure, alright...
I wonder if the weed in US is weaker...

Bongs are virtually always weed, and lots of it. You've just got to understand just how high Americans normally want to get. To most people in the US, an 1/8 can be gone through in a single sitting by one person. Sometimes people put an entire 1/8 into one joint. Also, joints are generally shared.

Bongs and pipes are probably more common than joints to begin with, but it varies state to state depending on how easy bongs and pipes are to buy.

OfflineDr.Tooty
Eye see you.
 User Gallery

Loc: Nowhere in particular. Flag
Re: Do americans really smoke joints without tobacco?!? [Re: SomeGuy] * 1
    #16006904 - 03/28/12 03:38 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

SomeGuy said:
tobacco ruins a joint:lecture:

Yuck!

Got passed a joint once, hit it a few times, began to feel ill, laid down, tried not to vomit.

Turns out it was rolled with tobacco.

--------------------
"I get up, I get down." Insect Forum

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom