Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
To those concerned with the lack of WMD's in Iraq:
    #1600074 - 06/01/03 11:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Greets
From the recent outrage over no WMD's being found, and in response to some posters statement that he would give Bush&Co 6 months to find the weapons, I would like to ask a question. It seems that the point of your argument is that we attacked a nation that did not have the WMD's that we claimed it did, thus we acted in a reprehensible way. When we fail to prove that WMD's exist, the (from a liberal standpoint) only justification for our war goes to crap! Now, let me ask you this. Using your same standards of logic, what would you think of an invasion of N. Korea (they have them, and the missiles to drop them on LA), or on Iran, with their nuclear weapons program? These certaintly fit the billet of WMD's, both nations are prohibited from manufacturing them (N Korea is violating an agreement that they signed onto), and Iran has sponsored terrorism that was directed towards America. Now, if you are saying that NO Wmd's means we should NOT have gone to war, wouldn't the overt, obvious existance of WMD's mean we SHOULD go to war? Would you support a war on Iran, or North Korea, to rid them of their WMD's? IF not, why not? If not, what criteron would you say WOULD be justification for war on another nation?

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesunyata
nonexistentexistentialist
Re: To those concerned with the lack of WMD's in Iraq: [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1600090 - 06/01/03 11:56 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

being attacked by that nation.

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Re: To those concerned with the lack of WMD's in Iraq: [Re: sunyata]
    #1600114 - 06/02/03 12:03 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Best defense? good offense!

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Invisiblesunyata
Re: To those concerned with the lack of WMD's in Iraq: *DELETED* [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1600123 - 06/02/03 12:07 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by sunyata

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
    #1600135 - 06/02/03 12:10 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Should we wait until N. Korea can say "Ok USA, you do what we say, or we launch our nuke at Los Angeles?" I personally think we should disarm them through economic means, or exhaust every means necessary, war is a last option. But, it is an option.

--------------------

Invisiblesunyata
    #1600152 - 06/02/03 12:16 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Should we wait until N. Korea can say "Ok USA, you do what we say, or we launch our nuke at Los Angeles?"

So you seem to believe that the only nation in the world that should have this power is the United States. I can't believe you don't see the hipocrisy inherent in this.

Invisiblesunyata
    #1600155 - 06/02/03 12:17 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Oh wait. The United States is only concerned about peace and global justice. I must have forgot.

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
    #1600171 - 06/02/03 12:23 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I notice that the US doesn't,hm, STARVE ITS PEOPLE!! Nor does it fund attacks on civilians as Iran does. Do you think that EVERY nation deserves this awesome power? Do you think that, say, the Palestineans would fare well if they had a nuke? or the Syrians? Or most of the warring factions in Africa, would they do well with nukes? Maybe we should just spread ours around some, give a SSBN to Iran so they can be "equal", give one to Idi Amin so he can have one to use as he wants, geez, lets give every whack some nukes!

--------------------

Invisiblesunyata
    #1600187 - 06/02/03 12:28 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, nobody starves in the United States. And the US has been responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of civilians around the world, by the way.

The point is no nation deserves these powers, not that they all do.

Edited by sunyata (06/02/03 12:28 AM)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1600214 - 06/02/03 12:38 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The US is the country with the most WMD and the most history of using them.

Perhaps the US should invade itself?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineRadioActiveSlug
addict

#1600261 - 06/02/03 12:56 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Best defense? good offense!

isn't that the terroists frame of mind?

or is it only terroisum when someone else does it? preferably someone poor.

Remeber it was the US actions that envoked 9-11, and its the US's actions in the most recent war that will envoke more attacks.

SO yes, if we want to get attacked by people that actually have WMD (like we do) then attacting korea is a good idea.

--------------------
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." -Buddha
www.impeach-bush-now.org

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1600281 - 06/02/03 01:04 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

what would you think of an invasion of N. Korea (they have them, and the missiles to drop them on LA),

I think that all other options should be exhausted. Options like diplomatic talks and economic embargos should be used to show that we are trying to preserve peace. Also, I think there should be better evidence, and wider support from the rest of the world. I don't think it should be as hasty as we were in our last "liberation". But I would support an invasion of North Korea much more than I supported the invasion of Iraq.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #1600383 - 06/02/03 01:42 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1600414 - 06/02/03 01:53 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I don't support attacking any of these people - I just think its stupid that they said they were going in because there were "WMDs" but they didn't find any = I think its stupid that they lie to us.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (06/02/03 01:54 AM)

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1601030 - 06/02/03 09:50 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

My god...do you even read what you post? I don't even know where to start...first of all, I highly doubt that the U.S. is going to do anything with North Korea besides throw more money at them. why you say? 1)North Korea isn't Iraq and actually has the capability to harm the U.S. if provoked and 2)It has no oil to plunder....how's this for an idea? The U.S. stops playing "holier than thou" with the rest of the world and focuses it's attention to it's own borders? in case you missed it, the U.S. has the largest deficit the world has ever seen and is on the brink of financial ruin. Personal freedoms are rapidly becoming extinct with the likes of the Patriot act 1 and the sequel close behind.

I need to stop now before I have to ban myself for flaming...

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1601034 - 06/02/03 09:55 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Incidentally if you want WMD to fall into terrorists hands I can't think of a more effective way than invading a country and the chaos and lawlessness that follows.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1601190 - 06/02/03 11:25 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I dont get it. The US is allowed to have WMD's, but, no other country is allowed. Just because they have them doesn't mean that they will use them just at us.

The US does starve its people. There are a hell of a lot of people living in poverty at the moment. They starve other countries people as well. We'd be starving a lot more people if we went and attacked any of those nations, who are already suffereing.

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Re: To those concerned with the lack of WMD's in Iraq: [Re: angryshroom]
    #1601335 - 06/02/03 12:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I hate the USA! GRR I'm grizzled! Fucking USA, man fuck the USA! Fucking goddamned president bush. Man I fucking wish I had enough fo an education to really make some points, but, geez, fuck the usa! MAN that rage against the machine song tells me everything I need to know! grr!

you sound like a bunch of parrots that escaped bill clintons house. Well, as i've said beore, at least your anti-war, anti-USA, anti-everything-that-isn't-pussy-liberla attitudes are SEVERLY in the minority. When Gee Dub gets reelected, I'll be laughing in the streets :-)

As for him taking away "our" rights, I'd like to see some concrete EXAMPLES fo this being used (not merely an act that opens the possibility for misuse, but REAL misuse on American citizens sic Waco, FileGate, etc) Do you have to gouge out one eye to be as blind as you are? or to only see one side of the issue? I'm just curious in a medical reference.

Maybe it's just that "vast" right-wing conspiracy hillary talked about, hm?

I think that the US is able to have nuclear weapons because we have the morality to use them properly. Most other nations can't even be trusted with TNT (read: Iran sponsors attack on US Marines in Beiruit), let alone with missles that can reach anywhere, and vaporize that spot and 30 miles around it. I don't understand where this vehement anti USA attitude coems from, have you been reading Shiek Wahabi recently?

--------------------

Anonymous

#1601339 - 06/02/03 12:24 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You must be high on crack when you post or something.

Quote:

if you are saying that NO Wmd's means we should NOT have gone to war, wouldn't the overt, obvious existance of WMD's mean we SHOULD go to war

Read what you just wrote up there. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I also have no idea why you think that the sole reason anyone didn't want the war to happen is that they didn't believe there were WMDs there. Even the Bush gang knew there weren't WMDs there, the only people who didn't were the morons who think they are incredibly smart because they watch FoxNews and Bill Oreilley.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1601362 - 06/02/03 12:31 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You are so blinded by your love for George Bush that you assume that anyone who doesn't like him must love Clinton, or has a deep seeded hate for the U.S.

As far as I know, not one person on this board has said that Clinton was a great man, on the contrary many (including myself) have said that he was liar, a crook etc...

Perhaps consider the chance that it's just YOUR opinions that need work? Your opinion is just that...Just another opinion unless you have some kind of facts to back it up.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Edited by Rono (06/02/03 12:32 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom