Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

Anon thread #10010: What's the single most annoying thing on the Shroomery for you? * 3
    #15993014 - 03/25/12 07:57 AM (12 years, 25 days ago)

For me its the hostile climate in The Pub. People are a lot less friendly and respectful than they used to be. Posters get to deal with strong personal attack and innuendo and it takes little to have some fly off the handle.

Intolerance too. Racism, anti gay, handicapped people, people of different beliefs.

I dont even visit Political and Philosophy any more, they've degenerated to sharkpits with a hostility that would make OTD blush because it isnt done for the lulz but heartfelt.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #2

Re: Anon thread #10010: What's the single most annoying thing on the Shroomery for you? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15993087 - 03/25/12 08:34 AM (12 years, 25 days ago)

For me it's the changing of names. I'd be up the creek tho' if Icelander and Orgone conclusion changed their names 'cause I wouldn't be able to ignore them. Thumbs up for those who retain their names.

Anonymous #3

Re: Anon thread #10010: What's the single most annoying thing on the Shroomery for you? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15993090 - 03/25/12 08:35 AM (12 years, 25 days ago)

people who hide behind anonymous

Anonymous #4

Re: Anon thread #10010: What's the single most annoying thing on the Shroomery for you? [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #15993447 - 03/25/12 10:44 AM (12 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:
For me its the hostile climate in The Pub. People are a lot less friendly and respectful than they used to be. Posters get to deal with strong personal attack and innuendo and it takes little to have some fly off the handle.

Intolerance too. Racism, anti gay, handicapped people, people of different beliefs.

I dont even visit Political and Philosophy any more, they've degenerated to sharkpits with a hostility that would make OTD blush because it isnt done for the lulz but heartfelt.

I haven't been around long enough to know what the pub was like in the past. All I know is that it takes effort to find threads with substance. It seems like users in this forum are here just for flame wars and ratings rapes. Or self validation...

I'm not saying this is the limit of the pub's potential. There are people who post there who are fun to interact with...
But In general I agree with your observation anon1- the kiddies in the pub lack the common decency and basic respect that should be afforded to any person.

Anonymous #5

Re: Anon thread #10010: What's the single most annoying thing on the Shroomery for you? [Re: Anonymous #4] * 1
    #15993777 - 03/25/12 12:17 PM (12 years, 24 days ago)

ODD members that go missing

Anonymous #6

Re: Anon thread #10010: What's the single most annoying thing on the Shroomery for you? [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #15997019 - 03/26/12 12:22 AM (12 years, 24 days ago)

Faggots who ignore way too easily.

As was mentioned: sincere flaming in pub, philosophy, political discussion, etc.

People who reply without making an effort to comprehend what they are replying to.

People who reply with a really bland, generic, brief response. I don't understand why this is done (increasing post count?)

The general air of intolerance toward welfare recipients, blacks, american indians, latinos, homosexuals, and anyone who disagrees with their opinions.

Anonymous #7

Re: Anon thread #10010: What's the single most annoying thing on the Shroomery for you? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #15997188 - 03/26/12 01:32 AM (12 years, 24 days ago)

This idea that LSD is some magical self-aware entity that can do no wrong etc etc

Jesus fucking christ, it's a drug, it had its uses and so on, but for fuck sake, stop being such flakey douche rinse.

Anonymous #8

Re: Anon thread #10010: What's the single most annoying thing on the Shroomery for you? [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #15997190 - 03/26/12 01:35 AM (12 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #3 said:
people who hide behind anonymous

Anonymous #9

#15997901 - 03/26/12 09:14 AM (12 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:

People are very kind to me on all the forums, and I've made some very strange threads and posts.

That said, I've been here nearly six years now and I'm very familiar with the boards. Maybe I just know how to treat the Shroomery right. :shrug:

Anonymous #4

Re: Anon thread #10010: What's the single most annoying thing on the Shroomery for you? [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #15998802 - 03/26/12 01:23 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

Maybe you are entertained by the mindless drivel the original post was about.:shrug:

Anonymous #10

Re: Anon thread #10010: What's the single most annoying thing on the Shroomery for you? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #15998817 - 03/26/12 01:28 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

For me it's gay, handicapped niggers with religious beliefs different than my own that complain when I'm intolerant of them.

Anonymous #11

Re: Anon thread #10010: What's the single most annoying thing on the Shroomery for you? [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #15998899 - 03/26/12 01:46 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

to many posts about the poor niggers getting beat up. who fucking cares. cops murdered my white brother. nobody gave a fuck. When I went to court to clear shit my brother did off my record the police attacked me. a courtroom full of niggers didn't see a thing..

Anonymous #8

Re: Anon thread #10010: What's the single most annoying thing on the Shroomery for you? [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #15998935 - 03/26/12 01:54 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

Uhmm... NIGGERS! 
:Shulman:
:angrykidface: 
:smileyfrog:

Anonymous #12

#15999061 - 03/26/12 02:20 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #7 said:
This idea that LSD is some magical self-aware entity that can do no wrong etc etc

Jesus fucking christ, it's a drug, it had its uses and so on, but for fuck sake, stop being such flakey douche rinse.

Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:

Anonymous #9

Re: Anon thread #10010: What's the single most annoying thing on the Shroomery for you? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #15999327 - 03/26/12 03:10 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #4 said:
Maybe you are entertained by the mindless drivel the original post was about.:shrug:

What the fuck are you doing in the thread if it's such mindless drivel to start with? :wow:

Go hang out with the rest of the misanthropes at OTD.

Anonymous #13

Re: Anon thread #10010: What's the single most annoying thing on the Shroomery for you? [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #15999380 - 03/26/12 03:20 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

People who hijack threads only to bitch and moan about personal differences instead of staying on topic.

Anonymous #4

Re: Anon thread #10010: What's the single most annoying thing on the Shroomery for you? [Re: Anonymous #12] * 1
    #15999525 - 03/26/12 03:59 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #9 said:

What the fuck are you doing in the thread if it's such mindless drivel to start with? :wow:

You read that wrong... I was commiserating with th op. I agree that many posters on this board use obscenities, innuendo and racial epitaphs without an ounce of remorse. It's mindless drivel. It's boring.

You could have made your post in a decent fashion. You don't have to curse to express disapproval. A lot of  people here get really excited by negativity. Yawn.

Btw
If your non- anonymous posts are as virile as this one was, I'd say you do not know how to "treat the shroomery".

Anonymous #9

#15999683 - 03/26/12 04:28 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #4 said:
Quote:

Anonymous #9 said:

You read that wrong... I was commiserating with th op. I agree that many posters on this board use obscenities, innuendo and racial epitaphs epithets without an ounce of remorse. It's mindless drivel. It's boring.

You could have made your post in a decent fashion. You don't have to curse to express disapproval. A lot of  people here get really excited by negativity. Yawn.

Btw
If your non- anonymous posts are as virile(?) as this one was, I'd say you do not know how to "treat the shroomery".

I corrected your spelling and put a question mark where the word you selected makes no sense in context. (I think you meant "virulent," but I'll take the compliment.)

Anonymous #4

#15999695 - 03/26/12 04:31 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

Thanks

Anonymous #9

#15999712 - 03/26/12 04:33 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

Normally I wouldn't be such a grammar nazi, I actually do have a very different posting style when I'm anonymous. Also I really like the word "epithet." :grin:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order