Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleinskiM
Cortinariologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
**THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM SEASON THREAD 2012** * 3
    #15991881 - 03/24/12 10:30 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Psilocybe "subsecotioides"

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesuchen
Once and Future Noob
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shangri-la
Trusted Identifier
Re: **THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM SEASON THREAD 2012** [Re: inski]
    #15991910 - 03/24/12 10:44 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

I just searched your other finds for this and HOT DAMN that is a cool Psilocybe! Your documentation of the mushroom is absolutely top notch. Very cool stuff, man. How does a species become "officially" accepted?

--------------------
Rod Tulloss said:

The bulb is the bulb.

The volva is the volva.

They have a very long term realtionship, but they’re “just friends.”

InvisibleGravija
Make way for the cavalcade
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: **THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM SEASON THREAD 2012** [Re: inski]
    #15991912 - 03/24/12 10:44 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

NomNomNominated
:awepreciation:

--------------------
Listen to my music

Here

OfflinePobeese
Amanita Muscaria
Male

Loc: New Zealand Flag
Re: **THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM SEASON THREAD 2012** [Re: Gravija]
    #15991929 - 03/24/12 10:47 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

That is an amazing picture! I am very excited for this species  :shockedpussy:

--------------------
“Christianity has a built-in defense system: anything that questions a belief, no matter how logical the argument is, is the work of Satan by the very fact that it makes you question a belief. It's a very interesting defense mechanism and the only way to get by it -- and believe me, I was raised Southern Baptist -- is to take massive amounts of mushrooms, sit in a field, and just go, "Show me."”

- Bill Hicks.

Drugs to try: Alcohol, Weed, LSD, Mushrooms, DMT, LSA, Ayahuasca, Mescaline, MDMA, DXM, Ketamine, MXE, Salvia, Kratom, Ibogaine

InvisibleRiverDweller1
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: **THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM SEASON THREAD 2012** [Re: Pobeese]
    #15992095 - 03/24/12 11:36 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Fantastic Inski.  All the best!

InvisibleBluing
Subsecotioides Seeker

Re: **THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM SEASON THREAD 2012** [Re: RiverDweller1]
    #15992585 - 03/25/12 02:37 AM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Hello,

Please go easy on me been reading the site for months - very first post and very first ever bluing shroom and found today!! looks promising. From the Wellington region. It's odd.... found in native bush leaf litter and nearly dismissed it but noticed cap was slightly blue (this isn't obvious in these photos but quite clear when you see it) and the stem blued after picking.... assumed it was Weraroa, but understand Weraroa are completely closed. It's almost got a 'normal' cap shape and open under cap. exposing gills slightly. Trying to get a spore print now.

Wondering if it could possibly be a Subaeruginosa living in leaf litter that may have a different colour.

First year, first time and first find, despite being an old fella.... Exciting times. 

--------------------
"I am......I am here......and I love"

Forgive Yourself,...Forgive Yourself,...I love You,...Forgive Yourself

Mycology is good for the Soul

Edited by Bluing (03/25/12 02:39 AM)

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: WA Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #15992611 - 03/25/12 03:01 AM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

inski said:

Beautiful :shocked:

--------------------
~~~~~~***Psilocybin Mushrooms***~~~~~~
_________A Practical Guide To Psilocybin Mushrooms_________

:sporedrop:                      "Think about the species, not your scale". -NeoSporen                      :sporedrop:

"Mr. Joust, I see you don't actually partake in the psilocin, but it looks like it may partake in you!" -Gojira

Offlineknarkkorven
Entheoholic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sweden Flag
Re: **THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM SEASON THREAD 2012** [Re: Joust]
    #15992633 - 03/25/12 03:18 AM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Ah, the season has started.

Nice find Inski.

I hope you all will find some of the new rare ones this year and show us many beautiful photos :wink:

Offlineprojectfungi
kinokohead
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Shore
Re: **THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM SEASON THREAD 2012** [Re: knarkkorven]
    #15992657 - 03/25/12 03:33 AM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Congratulations on the first find of the season. I am looking forward to when my local patches start fruiting.

Invisiblemsanchez420
NSW Sub Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: **THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM SEASON THREAD 2012** [Re: projectfungi]
    #15992718 - 03/25/12 04:27 AM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Nice finds m8, more photos plz

:electrickoolaid:

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one" - Albert Einstein

InvisibleStopwhispering
The voodoo peoples
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Melbourne Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: **THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM SEASON THREAD 2012** [Re: Bluing]
    #15992726 - 03/25/12 04:34 AM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

inski said:

Beautiful Inski!  They really are a wonderful and curious looking mushroom.

Quote:

Bluing said:
Hello,

Please go easy on me been reading the site for months - very first post and very first ever bluing shroom and found today!! looks promising. From the Wellington region. It's odd.... found in native bush leaf litter and nearly dismissed it but noticed cap was slightly blue (this isn't obvious in these photos but quite clear when you see it) and the stem blued after picking.... assumed it was Weraroa, but understand Weraroa are completely closed. It's almost got a 'normal' cap shape and open under cap. exposing gills slightly. Trying to get a spore print now.

Wondering if it could possibly be a Subaeruginosa living in leaf litter that may have a different colour.

First year, first time and first find, despite being an old fella.... Exciting times. 

I can definately see the bluing on the stem, I don't know the mushrooms you have there well enough to give you an ID.  I would almost be keen to suggest Psilocybe "subsecotioides" as Inski has posted above.  It definately doesn't look like a Psilocybe subaeruginosa.

Invisiblemsanchez420
NSW Sub Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: **THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM SEASON THREAD 2012** [Re: Stopwhispering]
    #15992747 - 03/25/12 04:46 AM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Stopwhispering said:
It definately doesn't look like a Psilocybe subaeruginosa.

Def a NZ sp. & not a Sub :pirate:

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one" - Albert Einstein

OfflineTeva
Stranger
Male

Re: **THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM SEASON THREAD 2012** [Re: msanchez420]
    #15992798 - 03/25/12 05:31 AM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Beautiful find inski :mushroom2:

InvisibleinskiM
Cortinariologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: **THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM SEASON THREAD 2012** [Re: Bluing]
    #15994695 - 03/25/12 03:59 PM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Bluing said:
Hello,

It's Psilocybe weraroa, occasionally there are fruit bodies that become partially open, you will find that these specimens are still unable to forcefully eject the spores so acquiring a spore print will be impossible.

--------------------

InvisibleRiverDweller1
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #15994822 - 03/25/12 04:22 PM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

inski said:
It's Psilocybe weraroa, occasionally there are fruit bodies that become partially open, you will find that these specimens are still unable to forcefully eject the spores so acquiring a spore print will be impossible.

An entirely new genus to read about, you're blowing my mind, however small and easy that is, none the less....blown.

Beautiful and interesting find Bluing, thanks for posting!
RD

InvisibleinskiM
Cortinariologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: **THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM SEASON THREAD 2012** [Re: RiverDweller1]
    #15994944 - 03/25/12 04:45 PM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Genus?, you mean species:)

Here is a link showing a beautiful cultivated specimen!
http://mushroomobserver.org/24862?q=CfWH

--------------------

InvisibleBluing
Subsecotioides Seeker

#15996404 - 03/25/12 09:46 PM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Inski,

Thanks for the clarification. I suspected late last night while pondering, that it may have been Weraroa, but didn't realise they could partially open. Pity I didn't recognise the significance of it when I found it as I didn't look for others, and can't find the exact spot again....... had a good hunt around, but nothing else.

Been looking at potentially really good spots for subs, for months now, but not sure if they will appear there. Miles from anywhere and difficult to get to. Look good though. Also in the weekend I came across some reddish/copper things that look just like subs but aren't. I read somewhere they are a co-indicator for subs.

Also recognising that there seems to be a definite seasonal progression with different 'species/genus' whatever the term is. Seeing shrooms that I haven't seen before in the same places. Seeing THOUSANDS of Amanita's (muscaria) but they are not what I want.

An interesting first year this will be. Feeling a bit old for this sort of stuff but on a bit of a journey. An intriguing one.

This site is invaluable - thank you all.

--------------------
"I am......I am here......and I love"

Forgive Yourself,...Forgive Yourself,...I love You,...Forgive Yourself

Mycology is good for the Soul

Invisiblecaptain goodvibes
tubecruiser
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
    #15997320 - 03/26/12 02:34 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

p. subaeruginosa

--------------------
you don't own your stuff, your stuff owns you

Edited by captain goodvibes (03/26/12 02:39 AM)

OfflinePobeese
Amanita Muscaria
Male

Loc: New Zealand Flag
Re: **THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM SEASON THREAD 2012** [Re: captain goodvibes]
    #15999643 - 03/26/12 04:21 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

Come on rain! I live in Christchurch and if I find any, it will be my first find ever, I can't wait  :aweyeah:

--------------------
“Christianity has a built-in defense system: anything that questions a belief, no matter how logical the argument is, is the work of Satan by the very fact that it makes you question a belief. It's a very interesting defense mechanism and the only way to get by it -- and believe me, I was raised Southern Baptist -- is to take massive amounts of mushrooms, sit in a field, and just go, "Show me."”

- Bill Hicks.

Drugs to try: Alcohol, Weed, LSD, Mushrooms, DMT, LSA, Ayahuasca, Mescaline, MDMA, DXM, Ketamine, MXE, Salvia, Kratom, Ibogaine

Offlinesubzero
 User Gallery

Loc: Chch Flag
Re: **THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM SEASON THREAD 2012** [Re: Pobeese]
    #16000346 - 03/26/12 06:51 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

Hey pobeese there is mush cranking in chch already .Ive hauled about 100 from one patch over the last week. All though the weather hasnt been in our favour they are there. Just hit up your local parks and anywhere with tanned bark and you're looking for ps. subaeruginosa.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder