Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Loc: Knowhere
BEWARE: AVOID MULTICROP PYRETHRUM INSECTICIDE SPRAY
    #15984262 - 03/23/12 12:53 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

On the weekend I sprayed a few of my plants with a pyrethrum insecticide and in the process I gave a few of my cacti a spray. Bad news. My big bridg. monstrose did not like it and neither did a bridg. stock with grafted loph. The other trichs I sprayed didn't mind it but these two, two of my favorites did. The bridg stock and a few knobs of my big monstrose look like they're dying. Their colour changed a bit and they look severly bruised. Is it too late for these guys or is it possible they'll bounce back? Anything I can do?

Luckily the loph, although it looks a little damaged, isn't looking like it'll die. So I'm thinking, worse case scenario, chop off the loph and regraft or root, and also chop off the knobs that look unhealthy.

If you're wondering "Why would you do such a thing?!" I've been asking myself the same question, but, naively I didn't think the spray would do any harm, because I've used it before, and I thought it would kill a few spider mites I've seen crawling about (although, there weren't too many so it was more preventative than anything else; I had a spider mite infestation a few years ago).

I didn't give it a spray all over, just on one side, the other side looks fine (and I hope that it will heal itself...).

UPDATE: They're all screwed. Had to chop a lot and many of them are dying. Multicrop and Bunnings both didn't accept that the spray could do this damage, shirking any responsibility as companies do. But as you see from the shots below, the Multicrop Pyrethrum spray obviously is dangerous to cacti. Other brands of pyrethrum spray haven't done this damage, so it might just be the Multicrop brand or maybe it was a dodgy batch.. anyway, beware.

Review: Multicrop Pyrethrum Spray damages and kills cacti

Edited by Mufungo (04/04/12 04:25 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleatomicshaman
puppet master
Trans-female User Gallery

Loc: germany Flag
Re: I f#@ked up big time, help! [Re: Mufungo]
    #15984319 - 03/23/12 01:28 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

i cant offer you any advise , but thanks for the warning.
i have resorted to the same spray but will now not use it on my precious bridgesii monstrose.
maybe the spray got through the skin somehow?
i hope they come good.

--------------------
I only do legal drugs like alcohol , tobacco and valium so fuck off and die :goat:

:

Edited by atomicshaman (03/23/12 01:30 AM)

OfflineGoOnThen
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
    #15984342 - 03/23/12 01:45 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

It looks like the black weeping rot that some bridgesii get some times a had a few last year with it. It looks really bad and be warned if it is the same it will get worse. They will start weeping black ooze and then they should start healing and you will end up with some nasty scars.

This is going to sound a bit strange but I hope it is what I have just described because in the long term this black oozy rot doesn't seem to effect the cacti other than leaving a scar.

I have sprayed pyrethrum on my loph's before and it did leave some marks so I wont be doing it again unless I have to. It did stop the spider mites in there tracks though.

Cheers
Got

--------------------

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Re: I f#@ked up big time, help! [Re: GoOnThen]
    #15984457 - 03/23/12 02:56 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Scars I don't mind too much, so I hope you're right too! :wink:

I certainly learned a lesson!

--------------------

OfflineQuinkin
Untitled
Male

Loc: The Antipodes
    #15984892 - 03/23/12 08:11 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

It's not the pyrethrins themselves, more often than not, but the surfactant that is part of most commercially available products. Strips the waxy protective coat off some cacti and creates a perfect window for later bug n heat damage.

Treat as black rot. Most will heal up fine, leaving a scar and some, well, you'll just watch em melt into a heap of rotten ooze.

Give em a good mist with pure water, then don't water until it scars up.

I've applied aloe vera gel (fresh) to cacti in the past with good recovery but it's hardly an exhaustive study! :smile:

--------------------
"Has anyone seen Uncle Sid? Or Lucy? Anyone?"

Ever changing range of ethically gathered and produced seeds, cuttings and prints of herbs, medicinals, fruit, veg and cactus. Sale and trade by arrangement. PM's welcome :hatsoff:

OfflineQuinkin
Untitled
Male

Re: I f#@ked up big time, help! [Re: Quinkin]
    #15984900 - 03/23/12 08:13 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

I haven't tried pestoil (agricultural oil, or white oil) on cacti before but may be worth a try if you have serious bugs. Spot test on a less than special specimen first of course.

I know some collectors that swear by flyspray, others by repellants like ti tree or eucalyptus oil, garlic, etc.

--------------------

Ever changing range of ethically gathered and produced seeds, cuttings and prints of herbs, medicinals, fruit, veg and cactus. Sale and trade by arrangement. PM's welcome :hatsoff:

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
Re: I f#@ked up big time, help! [Re: GoOnThen]
    #15984963 - 03/23/12 08:44 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

GoOnThen said:
It looks like the black weeping rot that some bridgesii get some times...

sounds about right. my bridgesii get that and mine are all scared up. new growth is fine but now you know for next  time.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #15985800 - 03/23/12 12:54 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

I don't have any good advice on the subject,  but I have seen this before.  Those cacti hate surfactants.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10403779#10403779

Edited by HarveyWalbanger (03/23/12 01:04 PM)

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Re: I f#@ked up big time, help! [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #15987092 - 03/23/12 07:01 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Oh heck... that be some nasty stuff! They should have a warning on the bottle...  but then again, they probably do and I don't read the bottle. :lol:

Thanks for the words guys. I'll take them out of the sun and rain and keep a close eye on them over the next week. Fingers crossed they recover on their own.

--------------------

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

#15987904 - 03/23/12 10:12 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

God damn! I just noticed it did f@#k up my other columnars that I sprayed. I looked at the bottle and it said nothing about this as a possiblity. I'm tempted to go down and rage at the employees at the hardware store I bought it from. Rarr! :mad2:

--------------------

OfflineQuinkin
Untitled
Male

#15988856 - 03/24/12 06:43 AM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Here in Aus just about every garden product carries a disclaimer, effectively "we're not liable for anything, even if you follow instructions carefully".

You can grow your own pyrethrum plants, make a water and/or alcohol based extract and use strained aloe vera gel, soapwort or yucca saponin as a spreading agent... Most pyrethrin products are synthetic pyrethroids with added piperazines and detergents,etc. About as natural as Valium :wink:

Natural pyrethrum is quite unstable and broken down by heat, light, air etc but a lot of organic growers appreciate its limited toxicity and persistance in the environment.

--------------------

OfflineQuinkin
Untitled
Male

Re: I f#@ked up big time, help! [Re: Quinkin]
    #15988865 - 03/24/12 06:48 AM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Wouldn't feel too bad anyway, just about every cultivated bridgesii gets a bit of the black death at times, I notice especially at the start of the growth season.

Almost always recover, just adds to their rugged, kind of ugly charm :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

BEWARE: AVOID MULTICROP INSECTICIDE SPRAY [Re: Quinkin]
    #16010451 - 03/28/12 07:25 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

One of my pedros is a write off... I'm going to have to chop him to try and save him. :frown:  The picture doesn't quite show how swollen and spongy it is; I think rot is setting in.

Multicrop chemical burns cacti

The others seem to be getting worse too... :frown: :frown:

The stock is getting blacker and blacker...  I took a photo of the side that didn't get spray, just for comparison.

And here's the culprit...  Stay away from Multicrop Pyrethrum Insect Spray.

I called the hardware store and lodged a complaint. They said they'd inform their staff and recommended I write a complaint to Multicrop. ...the good ol' palm off.

Edited by Mufungo (04/01/12 02:38 AM)

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Re: I f#@ked up big time, help! ***Update*** [Re: Mufungo]
    #16010582 - 03/28/12 07:54 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

...and of course, when I call, the company claim there's nothing in the spray that could possibly do this to cacti. Either they're liars or they haven't thoroughly tested their own product and thus are ignorant to the damage their product can do to plants.

I noticed on my psychotria, that the leaves have spots of brown now where I had sprayed them a couple of weeks ago. But thankfully they're not damaged, just don't look as pretty.

--------------------

OfflineGoOnThen
Stranger
 User Gallery

#16011486 - 03/28/12 11:22 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Maaate I didn't realise you were an Aussie

That spray has made a mess of your plants. I have never used the off the shelf ready to spray stuff. I buy the small bottles and mix up a litre in a pump spray bottle.

I hope they all pull through

Cheers
Got

--------------------

Offlinerussokeefe
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I f#@ked up big time, help! ***Update*** [Re: GoOnThen]
    #16011513 - 03/28/12 11:30 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

@Got  can you provide info such as brand of the small bottles that you buy? And do you just mix it up as per directions on bottle? Just interested for future reference. my cactus collection has expanded from 0 plants a month ago to 10 plants now.  at some stage I will get bug problems I am sure.

Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
    #16011771 - 03/29/12 12:42 AM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Aww shit Mufungo. This is no good at all. Hopefully you can save some of that pedro and keep an eye on the loph graft. You don't want that traveling through to the scion.

What time of day did you spray? It was more than likely the spray itself but if you sprayed them when the sun was still out it could of compounded the issue. Always spray when the sun goes down and then give a few days out of sunlight to be sure whatever you sprayed hasn't dissolved the waxy protective layer. It's also wise to test any new product out on unimportant plants to avoid these problems.

I know my advice isn't helpful to you now but it may be useful to someone in the future.

--------------------

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Re: I f#@ked up big time, help! ***Update*** [Re: karode13]
    #16011795 - 03/29/12 12:55 AM (12 years, 20 days ago)

I think it was in the afternoon when the sun had already ducked behind the wall. The graft is inside on a table in my garage, so only gets sun for a few hours during the day through a window.

I've used pyrethrum on my cacti before with no probs, but I have never used this brand before, so I'm suspecting it might be a dodgy batch or maybe just the Multicrop brand.

On the weekend I think I might remove the loph from the stock (to avoid it spreading like you say K) and chop the affected middle 2 feet out of the pedro to save the rest of the plant. I think it's gone deeper than just the surface with those two. The others I'm going to cross my fingers but at this rate I'm expecting some more loss. I am just lucky that I didn't spray all of my plants.  D'oh!

--------------------

Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #16011833 - 03/29/12 01:18 AM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Don't wait for the weekend if time allows. It may be too late by then. This stuff once it sets in moves quite fast. Also let me know if you need a new stock for that loph.

I've also used pyrethroids, not this one specifically, on my cacti without problems so I did think this quite weird. If the sun was down it may of had something to do with the secondary ingredient, Piperonyl butoxide, which is there as a synergist for the pyrethrum. Just guessing which doesn't help your cactus unfortunately.

I'm staring at my insecticide stash as I type and all I use is neem oil, natrasoap(Yates), derris dust, spinosad(Yates success). For last resorts I have Yates Mavrik which is a synthetic pyrethroid. All of these I've used on my plants with no issues at all. Try one of these next time depending on the pests you have.

--------------------

OfflineGoOnThen
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I f#@ked up big time, help! ***Update*** [Re: russokeefe]
    #16011887 - 03/29/12 01:50 AM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

@Got  can you provide info such as brand of the small bottles that you buy? And do you just mix it up as per directions on bottle? Just interested for future reference. my cactus collection has expanded from 0 plants a month ago to 10 plants now.  at some stage I will get bug problems I am sure.

http://www.yates.com.au/products/pest-control/insects-concentrates/yates-pyrethrum-insecticide/

I have used this product around my garden and yard for years. I have only used it a few times on or around cacti. I use it to try and keep the red back spider population in check around the pots that my cacti are in. I all so have used it in my shed where I have all of my grafts and my loph's.
I did  use it on spider mites on my grafts and it did leave marks on the loph's but it was more cosmetic and it didn't seem to effect the trich and pere stock. I am going to do some more tests on a couple of lophs and trichs with pyrethrum and natrasoap as I still need something to combat spider mites when I get another infestation.
I always use the minimum recommended amount on my plants.

Cheers
Got

--------------------

Edited by GoOnThen (03/29/12 02:39 AM)

OfflineGoOnThen
Stranger
 User Gallery

#16011901 - 03/29/12 01:57 AM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

I've also used pyrethroids, not this one specifically, on my cacti without problems so I did think this quite weird. If the sun was down it may of had something to do with the secondary ingredient, Piperonyl butoxide, which is there as a synergist for the pyrethrum. Just guessing which doesn't help your cactus unfortunately.

I checked the material safety data sheets on both the yates product that I use and the multicrop one and both have close to the same amounts of pyrethrum and Piperonyl butoxide in them. :shrug:

Cheers
Got

--------------------

Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #16011923 - 03/29/12 02:07 AM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Maybe the pre mix is mixed at a stronger dilution.

Also broken link.:tongue:

--------------------

Edited by karode13 (03/29/12 02:28 AM)

Offlinerussokeefe
Stranger
 User Gallery

#16011950 - 03/29/12 02:22 AM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Thanks for the info Got. I used to use yates products on my large vegie patch I used to have. they always seemed to work the best. another question, rather than start a new thread I will ask here, with two small trichs I got from Bunnings, during repotting I noticed some very small white bugs at the base of the cactus just above the soil.  they were the size of a pinhead. I havent noticed them since but was just wondering what they might be.

InvisibleMostly_HarmlessM
wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Perfidious Albion Flag
    #16011965 - 03/29/12 02:31 AM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Keep them quarantined until dealt with..

Could be mealies?

--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 

|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||

You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Offlinerussokeefe
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I f#@ked up big time, help! ***Update*** [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #16011967 - 03/29/12 02:34 AM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Yeah the did look something like that. they were on the cactus and moved pretty fast.  what damage do mealies do and how would I deal with them? Also there were none in the soil itself. only on base of cactus

wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

#16011974 - 03/29/12 02:41 AM (12 years, 20 days ago)

They might be hiding amongst the roots. The eggs are tiny and if you miss one they will soon come back... They feed on plant sap, and can be a vector for infection too, cacti might end up rotting from the core outwards. :mad2:

Can be controlled with a few methods. Dish soap, insecticides, neem, isopropyl alcohol and more.

--------------------

|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||

OfflineGoOnThen
Stranger
 User Gallery

#16011975 - 03/29/12 02:41 AM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Also broken link.:tongue:

Fixed :razz:

Cheers
Got

--------------------

Offlinerussokeefe
Stranger
 User Gallery

#16012103 - 03/29/12 04:21 AM (12 years, 20 days ago)

I also heard mothballs placed in the soil can get rid of them.  if they are hiding in the soil will pesticides get rid of them or do I need to remove all soil and repot?? I will probably try mothballs unless anyone thinks its a bad idea.

wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

#16012158 - 03/29/12 05:01 AM (12 years, 20 days ago)

I'd physically remove every last trace of soil and mealie from the roots and give it an insectidical bath. Their waxy coat they nest in helps a few to survive a good dunk. Then I'd keep them seperated for another couple of weeks until sure they are all eradicated. I had heard of mothballs in the pots for prevention but have no experience of it.

--------------------

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

#16012237 - 03/29/12 05:53 AM (12 years, 20 days ago)

I've used Yates in the past with no trouble..  I'm quite baffled by the whole thing.

Yeah, you're probably right Karode, I'll get up early and chop them tomorrow before it spreads..

--------------------

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

BEWARE: AVOID MULTICROP INSECTICIDE SPRAY [Re: Mufungo]
    #16015006 - 03/29/12 05:58 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

I chopped the pedro this morning and this is what I found...  It looks like the rot is still at the surface. I chopped it above and below the badly affected area, and they look sort of ok. When I cut through the badly affected area, it was like popping a blister and lots of fluid oozed out. I've put the cuts in a dim dry spot and am hoping that they might callus and that I might be able to plant them. But I'm kind of expecting the badly affected bits to disolve into mush. ...what do you think, should I perhaps do further surgery and chop the rotted bits away from the cuttings to try and save them?\

Edited by Mufungo (04/01/12 02:36 AM)

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

#16015019 - 03/29/12 06:00 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Seeing as it's mainly affecting the surface, I'm going to test my luck and not detach the graft at this stage. But if I see the black moving upward, I will. At this stage it's got about 5mm clearance from the scion.

Damn Multicrop!!! :mad2:

--------------------

OfflineGoOnThen
Stranger
 User Gallery

#16015268 - 03/29/12 06:45 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Get your self some sulphur dust if you don't have any and dust all of the areas that you have cut.
Looking at you pics more I would actually dust the whole pieces it won't do them any harm and It could help them heal
I have saved a couple of cuttings using sulphur that have had rot in them when I got them. It is good stuff.

Cheers
Got

--------------------

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

#16015427 - 03/29/12 07:08 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

I have tomato dust, it has sulphur and (I think) copper in it, to stop fungal infection. Will that do?  I've used it on living cacti that have been cut with no trouble, but not sure about using it on a cutting.

--------------------

OfflineGoOnThen
Stranger
 User Gallery

#16015509 - 03/29/12 07:24 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

I am not sure about the tomato dust I have only used straight sulphur but I would think if you have used it before it should be ok :shrug:

Cheers
Got

--------------------

Invisiblesavage.renegade
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bay area
    #16016868 - 03/29/12 11:36 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

I feel for you bro. Hope they make a comeback
I  just got the worst spider mite infestation I have seen.
My roses are covered with them.thousands. my other plants too :frown:
now there starting to migrate to my cacti. Good luck

--------------------

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Re: I f#@ked up big time, help! ***Update*** [Re: savage.renegade]
    #16017426 - 03/30/12 02:26 AM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Cheers GOT, I have given them a dousing, now to see what happens.

I hope they recover too, SR! On a couple of the less affected pedros, I've sprayed them with this stuff called "drought guard" which puts a protective film on the skin. My rationale was that, if they've had the waxy skin has become porous because of the chemical burn, then maybe this stuff will offer a layer of protection. But I've only tried it on a couple of them just to see what happens. At this stage, I don't think I have much to lose. lol

--------------------

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #16017466 - 03/30/12 02:48 AM (12 years, 19 days ago)

I know you didnt want to, but You might want to consider degrafting..  once that black rot makes it into the *vascular ring, it spreads upward like wild fire. 

A few of us have had black rot come up from the bottom cutting, and it seemed like you just cant cut it off.  when I see it comming from the bottom, I always recommend being very generous with the knife.

EDIT:  *vascular ring, not meristem.  No more late night posting for me.

Edited by HarveyWalbanger (03/30/12 03:20 PM)

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Re: I f#@ked up big time, help! ***Update*** [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #16017532 - 03/30/12 03:27 AM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Yeah, I was going to cut it off, but thought twice after seeing with the pedro that it hadn't spread to the core. But I'm probably wishful thinking to think that it might recover now, as ya see in the photo, it looks pretty bad. I'll probably do the chop tomorrow..

--------------------

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Re: I f#@ked up big time, help! ***Update*** [Re: Mufungo] * 1
    #16020409 - 03/30/12 05:54 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

I chopped the loph off and just in the nick of time by the looks, the black death was only millimeters away. I chopped through the stock, kinda on an angle, there's about 2cm to 2mm of stock left attached. So after it calluses, I might try to root the stock instead of regrafting. I'll store him somewhere safe and dry for the time being.. Next I'm looking at the big monstrose and thinking I'm going to maybe have to start chopping that up.

--------------------

OfflineGoOnThen
Stranger
 User Gallery

#16021630 - 03/30/12 09:48 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Just a couple more thoughts on you nightmare.

Some things you might be doing but I thought I would mention.

Clean your blade with alcohol after every cut.

From reading through the thread again I would say some of the rot has gone beyond the black oozy rot and in some areas it has gone onto a full on rot which you will need to stop.

The sections that the rot has gone in deeper than just under the skin you might need to cut it away to unaffected flesh and then dust or brush with sulfur.
The badly infected pach pieces you still might be able to use as a log if you have to cut a fair bit of one side It just depends how far you want to go trying to save it.

The cut you made under the graft if your blade wasn't clean cut it again and I would also dust the cut with sulfur.

It might also be worth cutting the worst looking monstrose pup to see how bad it is before they end up like mush as well.

I have seen rot move fast through a cutting before but that started from the cut end and I kept cutting and treating it until it dried out and healed but with yours going in from the sides it makes it a lot more difficult to deal with.

If it is dry and sunny where you are it might be worth putting them in the sun to try and dry them out

I really feel for you mate I would be devastated if this had happened to my collection.

Cheers
Got

--------------------

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

#16021706 - 03/30/12 10:03 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Thanks man. Good info. In the pach I was considering cutting all the rot away, but was a little concerned that I'd be cutting a fair chunk of the skin away.  ...but at this rate it'll probably rot anyway.

With the blade, I was using box cutting blades and used a fresh one on each cut. So it was a brand new blade I used to chop off th graft. That should be ok shouldn't it?

It is a little sunny, but cool, so yeah, I'll whack 'em out in the fresh air.  ...at the very least they can enjoy a beautiful day before they die.

Thanks again :smile:

--------------------

OfflineGoOnThen
Stranger
 User Gallery

#16021750 - 03/30/12 10:15 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

With the blade, I was using box cutting blades and used a fresh one on each cut. So it was a brand new blade I used to chop off th graft. That should be ok shouldn't it?

You should be all good with using a new blade I am a bit anal when it comes to my blades as it so easy to transfer contaminants from one cut to another.

Cheers
Got

--------------------

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

#16021762 - 03/30/12 10:18 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Yes, anal with good cause.

It baffles me how I've heard about some people who can do multiple cuts with shitty old knifes and never have any troubles. Just lucky I s'pose.

--------------------

OfflineGoOnThen
Stranger
 User Gallery

#16021913 - 03/30/12 10:56 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

I used to just wipe my knife when I was making cuts for cuttings but when I started grafting I became more aware about the importance of being clean for every cut.

I just spray the blade with metho 70% and water 30% and make sure the blade is dry after spraying.

Cheers
Got

--------------------

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

#16021923 - 03/30/12 10:59 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Spray. That's a good idea. I've just dunked it in metho in the past and it's a pain in the butt, a bit of a juggling act.

--------------------

OfflineGoOnThen
Stranger
 User Gallery

#16078367 - 04/11/12 11:48 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

How are they going?

Cheers
Got

--------------------

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

#16078607 - 04/12/12 01:55 AM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Well, the pachs and larger bridgesii seem like they're out of the woods, albeit quite scarred.

The stock of the grafted loph is looking pretty f@#ked, but the loph is doing ok (I've chopped a bunch of the pups off and plan to let them root after they callus up.)

My bigger bridg monstrose is not out of the woods yet... but it hasn't dissolved into mush, so that's a good sign I guess. I opted for not chopping the knobs off, for now. It's covered in sulfur/copper dust and tucked away in my garage.

I'll take some pics as an update tomorrow. :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Re:Multicrop Pyrethrum Spray is Bad m'kay... ***Update*** [Re: Mufungo]
    #16082112 - 04/12/12 08:25 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Here's what they look like today...

--------------------

Edited by Mufungo (04/12/12 08:53 PM)

OfflineYoungerBrother
random thoughts
Male

Loc: Belgium Flag
    #16089070 - 04/14/12 12:20 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

Oh those poor babies :frown:

InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

Loc: world's shroom capital
Re:Multicrop Pyrethrum Spray is Bad m'kay... ***Update*** [Re: YoungerBrother]
    #16093877 - 04/15/12 03:06 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

this is really sad.. I have never used plaguicides, fungicides or insecticide... right now im just using equisetum tea spray in my plants and they are pestfree and beautiful.

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Re:Multicrop Pyrethrum Spray is Bad m'kay... ***Update*** [Re: AIRDOG]
    #16096156 - 04/16/12 02:22 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Yeah, tell me about it, I'm going to be much more careful in the future.

--------------------

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #16096218 - 04/16/12 03:08 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

This thread was very hard to look at.  I feel your pain big time as I've lost quite a few of my prizes babies in the past.  No doubt they will come out scarred, but scarred and alive is better than rotten and dead.  Best of luck to you and your collection.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

Re:Multicrop Pyrethrum Spray is Bad m'kay... ***Update*** [Re: SuperD]
    #16096668 - 04/16/12 07:49 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

That blows man!!! I think like Kartode said it could be the concentration or perhaps the surfactants. I will say that I have mixed my own neem oil preparations and the stronger one made my Loph cork up for a while, so that surfactants which make both neem oil and pyrethrins soluble are probably also dissolving the waxy cactus epidermis.

--------------------
]

OfflineGoOnThen
Stranger
 User Gallery

#16100480 - 04/17/12 01:45 AM (12 years, 1 day ago)

It looks like they are going to scab up so most should survive.
It is a shame that they are going to have some massive scars but at least the new pups and new growth will be normal.

Cheers
Got

--------------------

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Re:Multicrop Pyrethrum Spray is Bad m'kay... ***Update*** [Re: GoOnThen]
    #16963235 - 10/04/12 01:41 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

My penis has scabs...

Only lost 1 pedro and the grafted loph. All the other trichs survived, albeit scabby.

--------------------

Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #16963302 - 10/04/12 02:00 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Posting pictures of scabby penors really belong in another forum.:hehehe:

It's a shame as it's a nice plant otherwise. Glad to hear you didn't lose too many, I've often thought how they fared. Thanks for updating.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom