Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Whining about taxes
    #1598067 - 06/01/03 01:36 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Am I the only one here that doesn't mind paying taxes? I just think it's funny that you conservatives try to paint us liberals as whiners, when you bitch and moan 'til the cows come home about not recieving the full amount on your pay check. Tell me: Are any of you having trouble making ends meet due to taxes? Have you ever gone hungry because the government wanted to pave some roads or make sure children get an education? If you're gonna tell liberals to stop whining, maybe you should listen to your own advice.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: Whining about taxes [Re: silversoul7]
    #1598098 - 06/01/03 01:57 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I dont see anything wrong with paying taxes as long as im getting something in return. with republicans in charge all i get are wars and recessions and underfunded schools and no summer job. with dems i get healthcare, social security, education, etc...........

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: Whining about taxes [Re: 1stimer]
    #1598187 - 06/01/03 02:36 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Exactly, I recognize that my tax dollars are needed to pave roads and whatnot, but the thing is, if I make 80k a year and get taxed 20k a year, and Joe Schmoe makes 20k a year, and gets taxes 4k, my 20k is going to "pave teh same roads" this his four k is. I don't htink that people that make more money who pay more taxes (the majority of the taxes in this country are paid by the rich) get more service in return for that.

I also hate having to pay taxes to support a war on drugs. Pfft.

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Whining about taxes [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1598196 - 06/01/03 02:40 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

The way I see it, the return the rich get on their taxes is having more of a political voice.

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1598293 - 06/01/03 03:33 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

My income went up about 1% last year, but my taxes went up over 10%. Yep, I'm penalized for being more productive. I have a family to support. Now if you don't mind giving up your money, I suggest that you do so voluntarily. Your charitable dollars will go further and you will make sure your money goes to those who need it or deserve it. However, what gives you or anyone else the right to forcibly take money from others?

Quote:

Are any of you having trouble making ends meet due to taxes?

Yes, and I know other people who were forced into bankruptcy because of taxes.

Quote:

Have you ever gone hungry because the government wanted to pave some roads or make sure children get an education?

I've had to work more hours, I have refrained from taking a vacation for for 3 years because I am responsible enough to make sure that me and my family do not go hungry. You're giving a bullshit example anyway, most government spending does not go towards education or paving of the roads. Much of the so-called 'public education' is actually indoctrination. Private schooling is done more economically and turns out better educated students.

Quote:

If you're gonna tell liberals to stop whining, maybe you should listen to your own advice.

Liberals whine when the don't get to take more of OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY, conservatives complain, when people can't keep WHAT THEY'VE EARNED. There is a fundamental difference.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Edited by Evolving (06/01/03 03:40 PM)

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: Whining about taxes [Re: Evolving]
    #1598325 - 06/01/03 03:59 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

nobody owns money. money is made and owned by the government. money and the control of money is a product of government. Money is just another avenue of control. keep getting a boner for your money, its what the government wants you to obsess about to keep you from obsessing about important things, like the well-being of others.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
    #1598469 - 06/01/03 04:56 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I have absolutely no problem paying taxes, they are necessary. My problem is HOW the money is spent, including such things as the study of extra terrestrials, The study of the mating habits of ground squirrels, $600,000 here. (Keep in mind, Big Bro doing this, not the private sector) . Bullshit spending like this, pork from officials such as $1,000,000 statues being built in the yards of officials.(I'll look for a link, unless someone can find it first.)

Couple links:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/ostrowski/ostrowski44.html

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/GoodMorningAmerica/GMA020403Squirrel_sex_taxdollars.html

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#1598512 - 06/01/03 05:07 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

nobody owns money. money is made and owned by the government.

So which is it, nobody owns money or money is owned by the government? Money CAN be owned.

Quote:

money and the control of money is a product of government.

Money may be a product of the government and may be controlled by the government, this has not always been the case.

Quote:

Money is just another avenue of control.

Yes money may be used as another avenue of control, that is why governments establish central banks and control the issuance of currency.

Quote:

keep getting a boner for your money, its what the government wants you to obsess about to keep you from obsessing about important things, like the well-being of others.

Huh? Let's establish the following. Money is a medium of exchange. Money is utilized to ease the trade of labor and/or goods. These labors or goods are utilized FOR THE WELL BEING OF HUMANS (physical and/or emotional). When we talk about taxes, what we are really talking about is the confiscation of the products of a man's labor (intellectual and/or physical), it is just as easy to say that the government is confiscating 50% of a man's labor when his income is taxed at 50% because that is in effect what is happening.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1598781 - 06/01/03 06:37 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Liberals whine when the don't get to take more of OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY, conservatives complain, when people can't keep WHAT THEY'VE EARNED. There is a fundamental difference.

Excellent.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1598796 - 06/01/03 06:41 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

If you're gonna tell liberals to stop whining, maybe you should listen to your own advice.

I don't mind when my taxes are used for constitutionally allowable needs.

Social security, welfare, medicare, E.I.C., handouts, handups, and the like are not allowed by the constitution.

Why should my money be taken from me by force to help a bunch of ignorant fuckwits who can't wear a condom, aren't smart enough not to prepare for the future, have no desire to fend for themselves, and are basically too stupid to live?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
Re: Whining about taxes [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1599015 - 06/01/03 07:56 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

^^^^ word

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Whining about taxes [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1599158 - 06/01/03 08:48 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Social security, welfare, medicare, E.I.C., handouts, handups, and the like are not allowed by the constitution.

I think "welfare of the people" could be interpreted that way.

Quote:

Why should my money be taken from me by force to help a bunch of ignorant fuckwits who can't wear a condom, aren't smart enough not to prepare for the future, have no desire to fend for themselves, and are basically too stupid to live?

You don't think there might be some people who are poor because they were born poor, went to a shitty, run-down public school, and didn't have the money to pay for college?

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1599163 - 06/01/03 08:49 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Money may be a product of the government and may be controlled by the government, this has not always been the case.

Then coin your own money.

--------------------

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
    #1599215 - 06/01/03 09:09 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

If I'm paying taxes for education and I send my kids to a private school, should I get some sort of waiver for the tax dollars, since I'm not benefitting from it? I'm not sure exactly why you think that people that make more money are invited to TheGovernments top-secret meetings held yearly where they get to tell the politicans how to run the country, but I make enough that I'm HEAVILY taxed(not to mention short term capital gains taxes on my stock trades), and I've never been given a chance to control the government. Where is my piece of this corruption pie?
Jr

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1599236 - 06/01/03 09:18 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

The richest Americans are the ones that politicians pander to the most, because they're the ones most likely to vote, not to mention the most likely to give campaign contributions. Anyway, I actually am in favor of giving a tax break to people who send their kids to private school.

--------------------

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
    #1599262 - 06/01/03 09:24 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

They haven't been pandering to me too much, unfortunatly.  Also, the richest Americans pay more taxes, therefore, they should be given more say as to how the money is spent.  it's probably also because high income professions (dr's, lawyers) care about the community they liev in and involve themselves in it, while poor crack momma's care about nothing, and sit around smoking crack and eating do-ree-to's all day long.
:smile:

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#1599754 - 06/01/03 11:44 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

Then coin your own money.

You supply the precious metals and I will arrange to have it minted.

--------------------

Invisiblesunyata
nonexistentexistentialist
    #1600103 - 06/02/03 02:00 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Capitalism is a fucking stupid idea in the first place; why should it surprise anyone that the tax system is equally screwed?

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Re: Whining about taxes [Re: sunyata]
    #1600111 - 06/02/03 02:02 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

do you know who complains about capitalism? Poor people :smile: Do you know why their are poor people in capitalism? Laziness.  You are making me cry a little river here next to my compuer.

--------------------

Invisiblesunyata
nonexistentexistentialist
    #1600132 - 06/02/03 02:09 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

If you want to know why there are poor people in capitalism take a sociology class.

[edited to remove unnecessary insult.]

Edited by sunyata (06/02/03 02:10 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion