Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Trip Report (with message): I Lost It!
    #1597801 - 06/01/03 07:00 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I thought I was an experienced tripper who could handle anything shrooms could offer, but last night things got fucked up.

I dropped 3.2g of GC, nothing heavy I've taken 5g+ before now and ahd wonderful times.

The trip was going well until I started thinking about my past. being totally detached from reality; my imagination and real memories were seriously overlapping. I became convinced that I went to court when I was 4 years old (Sounds insane now but it was real last night), and that the court-case changed a law.

Things got worse when I called my parents to see if they could remember anything, I ended up calling them liars for hiding my past from me. Dammit it was all so real, I could even see the judge in my head.

I was getting convinced that I could no longer tell the difference between right and wrong and that I needed to speak to the judge who dealt with when I was 4. (21 years ago!) As you can imagine I was seriously freaking my parents.

I didn't know the difference between right and wrong, and became super paranoid. I thought people were coming to get me - The police, gangsters, people who I've pissed off in the past. They were gonna take me away from those I love. I wanted to run away. I was cracking up.

Of course none of this ever happened, it was all in my head - but I've worried myself and a lot of people close to me.

Well to cut it short, I now have a lot of explaining to do, and flowers to buy. :wink:

So my tip is this: Even though a trip may be going well, try not to measure yourself as a person; your morals, ethics, qualities, faults etc. It's easy to end up thinking there is something fundamentally wrong with yourself. I no longer knew what was right or wrong. I was scared.

I won't be tripping again for a while; probably when I move house to a more relaxed environment. So instead I intend going into vending prints. Depending on the success of my current projects, keep your eyes peeled. :laugh: 

edited: thread title

--------------------

Edited by geokills (06/01/03 04:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
Re: I Lost It! [Re: Jackal]
    #1598536 - 06/01/03 03:13 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Shitty trip, what did your parents say the next day?

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Re: I Lost It! [Re: Sombie]
    #1598609 - 06/01/03 03:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Damn , SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TRIP ALONE! (Just referring to the People vs Alone thread... )
Well, you actually amaze me, that you manged to express yourself via a telephone!
I cant get a word out on shrooms, if I cant see them . Telephone make me very scared, as I always think my Parents could ring me. Thats why I always turn off my protable when tripping.

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: I Lost It! [Re: Jackal]
    #1598632 - 06/01/03 03:38 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

hoO0RAY!

Looks like another one of us has been "Humbled by the Shroom"

never thought they could be like that, eh? ;P Sounds like you got a taste of a "bad trip."

Wasn't so bad, looking back on it eh?

I find it fascinating how CONVINCING my trips can be.. no matter how absurd and out-of-this-world it seems after the trip; when it's happening, its just as real as my hand to me.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

Re: I Lost It! [Re: Strumpling]
    #1599850 - 06/01/03 10:21 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I still haven't done shrooms but this is what I think.
when you aren't experienced and all and such you just go with the flow of the shrooms and you get tripped out because the things that happen. (like hallucinating and all)

but when you start to get experienced. you know about the hallucinating and all. and you may/may not get tripped out on them(i bet ya do ;D-but maybe less)

you begin to think about other things. like what you said. you maybe begin to think about your moral values, etc. and how you are as a person.? I don't know.

honestly. i shouldn't be talking at all. i should just shut the hell up because I havent done shrooms yet.

so uh yea........

when I try shrooms i might want to go smoke a bowl or two before. why? because when im pretty high I don't really think about all that complicated stuff. hence the "clouded" mind. actually I dont know. i am just rambling on and on....

--------------------
the only constant is change~ life goes on. so theres no point in staying back because you can always catch up. try,hope, and understand!

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: I Lost It! [Re: shr00m]
    #1599964 - 06/01/03 11:03 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry to hear you had a bad trip man. I've had a couple heinous encounters with the mushroom myself.

shr00m, I find that it helps to smoke a few bowls during and after the peak, and also a couple when you're almost down. But its good to let to the shrooms do their magic alone at first. Peace.

--------------------

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report (with message): I Lost It! [Re: Jackal]
    #1600413 - 06/02/03 01:53 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks Geokills!

I had to explain to my parents the truth why I was freaking out, they weren't too happy, but at least now they don't think I'm really insane. :wink:

I always combine weed with shrooms - everyone should. :smile: Its a wonderful combination that gives you a clear high that you can't get with anything else. But this time I couldn't relax.

Strumpling, I have always respected the 'shroom, but your right I was humbled. Becoming a more experienced tripper, I started taking things for granted and didn't prepare or plan as well as I should have. It'll be a long while before I trip again.

I am trying to forget the experience, I feel that if I try to unravel it or work out why it happened it'll remain strong in my mind - and I really want it gone! Only when the effects are gone will I even contemplate another dose.

A lesson learnt nonetheless.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1600431 - 06/02/03 02:04 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I don't recommend trying to "forget" anything :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report (with message): I Lost It! [Re: Strumpling]
    #1600596 - 06/02/03 04:20 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

What would you recommend? I really don't want a repeat experience, I believe that dwelling on it will increase the likelihood of a reoccurence. You know what its like when tripping - its pretty hard to control your thoughts.

--------------------

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
    #1600678 - 06/02/03 05:44 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Man, that sounds like one hell of a trip. I have never really been affected badly by a trip although at times I have had some disturbing thoughts while tripping. It must have had a profound effect on you so trying to forget what happened probably isn't going to work. Im not an empath ( :smile: unfortunately) so I cant tell how you feel about it all and how serious you took it. From my experience though, I wouldn't try and figure out what it meant, trying to find a great meaning to it all. Try and think of it like your other trips to the mushroom land, where you see and learn things that seem to be of huge importance when usually they are not. Usually my trips seem to consist of many little trips where I drift from happiness, sadness and anger in my life, parts on my personality usually supressed get their chance to surface. Trips dont usually make sense or have such a big impact, the chance of recurrance is more likely going to be dependent on the way you interpret the trips content.  Hopefully, in some way this will help you move on or come to terms with it 

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report (with message): I Lost It! [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1600699 - 06/02/03 06:02 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the advice.

I have a question for those who have had bad trips. Weren't you apprehensive when tripping again? I mean I feel as though the fear of another bad trip could trigger a bad trip on its own. I'm scared that all it will take is a single flashback and it will be a downward spiral from then on.

--------------------

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
    #1600721 - 06/02/03 06:16 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

That's a risk you always take when tripping, there is always the possibility of one stray thought altering the whole mood of the trip. I sometimes get butterflies in my stomach just before I eat shrooms, if I think perhaps im not in the right mindset to take them. The apprehension is usually there for most ppl recovering from a bad trip but you have experienced the intensity, it is likely you will experience some form of flashback but now you should have more control over it. If you think you will not be able to handle it, although Im a tripping alone supporter, have a friend with you, who if things start going downhill can calm you and divert your thoughts from the downward spiral. Peace

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Offlinegrowmore
up it goes
 User Gallery
Loc: Cow field
    #1602077 - 06/02/03 04:41 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Its all in your head , what you have to do is tell your self that it all in your head and you will be ok and then try to focus on somthing els this should help , it dose for me and it has helped with my friends . just think about growmore telling you it will be ok over and over agin .

--------------------
check my journal for my trade list

You see what you want to see not what it makes you see. I see said the blind man to the deaf women .

OfflineLiBerAtedCapSter
fungus fanatic
Loc: Uk
    #1602090 - 06/02/03 04:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i think it is so funny that some people (who have obviously never had a psychadelic experience before) only assume that mushrooms make you see things and that is it....mushrooms are SO much more than just hallucinations! yeah they can be the most scary thing you have ever experienced...but, only if you are stupid. in my experience, i have only had one bad trip, but through my own stupidity of not weighing out my dosage...a trip so intense (that i wastn expecting!) that i didnt know who i was, and didnt know anything it was so scary!...mushrooms need 2 b dealt with caution...very powerful 'beings' that i love and have the utmost respect for. dont fuck with shrooms or they will fuck with you!

--------------------
"tonight is the definition of the discovery of actual situations and realities that continue to go on, no matter who sees them. Everybody is blind, but i now see" ---first trip documentation...hehe :laugh:

OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
Re: Trip Report (with message): I Lost It! [Re: LiBerAtedCapSter]
    #1603410 - 06/03/03 12:17 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

liber...
you are so wrong, even if you respect the shrooms or the paper ( acid for you pups ! ) you never know what exactly to expect. it's always different, it's always a crapshoot ! that's what makes it goooooood ! the edge my freind, the edge....
DSD

OfflinestraberyShRoOMCaKe
Loc: tHe LaNd 0f MiLk & H0neY
Re: Trip Report (with message): I Lost It! [Re: DSD]
    #1604957 - 06/03/03 02:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry you had such a bad expierience this time around man.:(  I really apprieciate all you and the others that have shared there not so good expieriences. We all need to be reminded of the reality of what shrooms can do to the mind sometimes. It's good to hear that you are all right. :grin:

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1605052 - 06/03/03 02:41 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Thanks for the advice.

I have a question for those who have had bad trips. Weren't you apprehensive when tripping again? I mean I feel as though the fear of another bad trip could trigger a bad trip on its own. I'm scared that all it will take is a single flashback and it will be a downward spiral from then on.

I had well....not really a bad trip, but INTENSE trip when i did 4 hits of acid. It really humbled me, i never thought a person could be so high, and my ego, or sense of self was non existant and i discovered alot of basic truths about myslef and life in general....
Of course that was after being constantly preoccupied with my acid trips, and seeing ceilings move of thier own accord for about 4 months after, but it instilled a terrible fear in me...
A few trips of mushrooms, and all i got were negative feelings, i kept thinking "what is the point of this?".....but nothing was a large dose, so i didn't trip hard.
But doing mushrooms,and other entheogens with a spiritual mind state, and meditating and exploring consciousness while on them has made all the difference. You need to prepare and have a goal to trip on a large dose....its not ment for recreation, but a tool of wisdom and self exploration.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Offlinetooky
ol' smokeyglazed eyes

Re: Trip Report (with message): I Lost It! [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1607375 - 06/04/03 08:30 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Jackal!

My first mushroom experience was very much like that, although it was much more my own fault for not really doing the research properly, and not taken not of set and setting (I was at a party with loads of people I didn't know too well, there were other drugs involved, and I got a very bad telling of from the shrooms - I was convinced the whole party had been arranged as an excuse to fuck me up and have a good laugh at me, it was in fact somone's birthday)!

It left me with a few insecurities, and I was really worried about tripping again for a while, but I decided that the best thing to do was to go for it, but make every effort to make things right. I had a few really good friends who wanted to trip with me, so we locked ourselves in the house, put on some nice tunes, and gave it a go. I was apprehensive, an worried about the other trip, but my friends some experienced some not were all a little apprehensive too (for various reasons). We all ended up having a really good night.

So long as you feel totally comfortable, I'm sure you'll be alright. Trip with a close friend or two, so if things do start to go downhill they'll be there to support you.

I'm really glad that I had that bad trip though. It taught me just how powerful shrooms can be, that trip was a lot more intense than anything I've experienced. Everything seemed so real, the conclusions in my head seemed to make so much sense. I now know what can happen if I'm not careful with my trips, and I can look back and laugh at myself and the whole situation. I also thnk that I can help myself more with the onset of a bad trip now. I've started havingparanoid thoughts on trips since, but I've been able to draw on that experience, tell myself its just the shrooms testing me, and have a good giggle at myself. Its worked everytime, and I'm able to try different things on trips now. I even went to a pub the other week (beer garden), and when I had to go in and buy a drink, it all felt a bit claustrophobic (to say the least), but I got through it, and when I got out I nearly spilt the drinks from laughing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is use the experience to grow, and use it to your advantage when you trip again :smile:!

--------------------
--
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett, Jingo, 1997

Offlinetooky
ol' smokeyglazed eyes

Re: Trip Report (with message): I Lost It! [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1607390 - 06/04/03 08:41 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

its not ment for recreation, but a tool of wisdom and self exploration.

Meant by whom?

Mushrooms aren't meant for anything except to continue to grow and reproduce, the fact that they happen to contain some substance which has a particular affect on humans, doesn't mean they are meant for anything.

A high dose may not be good for recreational purposes, it may be a useful tool to use to gain wisdom and explore the self, but it isn't meant for anything.

--------------------
--
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett, Jingo, 1997

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Trip Report (with message): I Lost It! [Re: tooky]
    #1607896 - 06/04/03 12:34 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mushrooms aren't meant for anything except to continue to grow and reproduce, the fact that they happen to contain some substance which has a particular affect on humans, doesn't mean they are meant for anything.

That my friend is a matter of opinion...i disagree.
...I do not wish to derail this thread with why i believe it so...

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag