Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: trayvon martin shooting [Re: psychotropicwhale]
    #15984888 - 03/23/12 08:09 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

psychotropicwhale said:
It sounds crystal clear to me.  I didn't even read about what was supposed to have been said, I just listened to it.

The "fucking" part was clear...I can't be sure what he said after that...

Not that it matters...like I said, the tape helps his case.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBeefcakemighty
Carpetshark
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midgar
    #15984894 - 03/23/12 08:12 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

schnauzer said:

This law isn't meant to encourage confrontations
, it is supposed to enable law abiding citizens to go about their business with some degree of peace of mind as to their personal safety. 
  The law in most states is that if someone enters your home, and you reasonably believe they are there to do harm, you can use deadly force, the "castle doctrine".  The "stand your ground" law expands your ability to use defensive deadly force to any location, not just your home.

Nailed it on the head. In this case using the "stand your ground" law is being miss used. It's jack asses like Zimmerman make responsible gun owners like me look bad to the public and cause more pressure for banning and restricting firearms... I hope this Zimmerman gets fucked up.

--------------------
"Hospitality is my house, That a traveler shall share, Warm meal on a hearth And my last horn of mead"

Invisiblepsychotropicwhale
Cetacean

Re: trayvon martin shooting [Re: Enlil]
    #15984912 - 03/23/12 08:19 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
What IS clear on the tape is that the 911 operator didn't tell him not to follow the guy...so...that whole argument is moot.

When they ask if George is following him, and he responds in the affirmative, which is then followed by "OK we don't need you to do that"

In the legal world that does not count as telling him not to follow the guy?  It would have to be more specific?  Such as "don't follow the guy"?

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15984916 - 03/23/12 08:21 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

psychotropicwhale said:
Quote:

Enlil said:
What IS clear on the tape is that the 911 operator didn't tell him not to follow the guy...so...that whole argument is moot.

When they ask if George is following him, and he responds in the affirmative, which is then followed by "OK we don't need you to do that"

In the legal world that does not count as telling him not to follow the guy?  It would have to be more specific?  Such as "don't follow the guy"?

It wasn't a command in any sense of the word...he was saying that following the guy wasn't something that they "needed."...that's not the same as saying "do not follow the guy"

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Cetacean

#15984917 - 03/23/12 08:22 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Right, that's what I figured you meant.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15984924 - 03/23/12 08:25 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

psychotropicwhale said:
Right, that's what I figured you meant.

Not that it would matter anyway...Even if it had been a command, that doesn't mean that zimmerman would have to stop following the guy...It would just tend to make zimmerman look more like the initial aggressor.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

#15985128 - 03/23/12 09:48 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

It's despicable that people would defend in any way the scenario of a 17 year old kid winding up dead feet from his father's house found unarmed and killed by someone that's driving down the street in a vehicle and armed with a 9mm who apparently confronted the teen based on false premises.

The fact that this individual wasn't taken in for questioning and that no significant immediate criminal investigation took place is proof enough as to what's happening.

it's really quite deplorable.  You can't walk down the street without being murdered and then having the murderer claim self defense and have a bunch of people claim that "we don't have all the facts yet" in a tone that's anything but impartial.

Zimmerman isn't going to do any real time behind this, they never do.

For the record, Zimmerman was a "self appointed" neighborhood "watchman".  The national association for the neighborhood watch has released a statementing claiming that his actions are the antithesis of what they recommend and support and that the community he claimed to be "watching" was not at all registered with the neighborhood watch.

This was a guy with a gun who ran up on an unarmed black teen and killed him in the middle of the street and when the police came he wasn't placed in handcuffs.

I challenge you to find me one instance of a black man doing that to someone and him not being placed in handcuffs.  There are many cases of men accidentally killing others and being charged with first or second degree murder.

People who support the state and disparate justice will reap what they sow.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: trayvon martin shooting [Re: Humility]
    #15985141 - 03/23/12 09:51 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Humility said:
It's despicable that people would defend in any way the scenario of a 17 year old kid winding up dead feet from his father's house found unarmed and killed by someone that's driving down the street in a vehicle and armed with a 9mm who apparently confronted the teen based on false premises.

The fact that this individual wasn't taken in for questioning and that no significant immediate criminal investigation took place is proof enough as to what's happening.

it's really quite deplorable.  You can't walk down the street without being murdered and then having the murderer claim self defense and have a bunch of people claim that "we don't have all the facts yet" in a tone that's anything but impartial.

For the record, Zimmerman was a "self appointed" neighborhood "watchman".  The national association for the neighborhood watch has released a statementing claiming that his actions are the antithesis of what they recommend and support and that the community he claimed to be "watching" was not at all registered with the neighborhood watch.

This was a guy with a gun who ran up on an unarmed black teen and killed him in the middle of the street and when the police came he wasn't placed in handcuffs.

I challenge you to find me one instance of a black man doing that to someone and him not being placed in handcuffs.  There are many cases of men accidentally killing others and being charged with first or second degree murder.

You speak of it as if you know more about what happened than the rest of us...Did you see it?  I didn't...In any case, there's no indication anyone "ran up" on anyone and shot them...

I admit that I am a bit biased toward the defense side...it has nothing to do with race..that's just how I'm wired...But 90% of my clients are black and I do my very best to get them the best possible outcome...

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Cetacean

#15985154 - 03/23/12 09:57 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

It would probably be more appropriate to say that he waddled up on him.

--------------------

Invisiblesetb
10th level beer nerd
    #15985185 - 03/23/12 10:07 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I challenge you to find an instance of a black man doing this and it becoming national news. I'm sorry but in this country you are innocent until proven guilty. The man said it was self defense and unless there is something out there we don't know then they have nothing on him as far as a murder conviction goes.

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15985202 - 03/23/12 10:12 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Where do you get the idea that he wasn't placed in handcuffs...Here's his mugshot

He was arrested, processed and released pending investigation..

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Invisiblesetb
10th level beer nerd
Re: trayvon martin shooting [Re: setb]
    #15985209 - 03/23/12 10:15 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

That's just what he wants to believe because he thinks this is some kind of big racist conspiracy.

Offlineqman
Stranger

#15985226 - 03/23/12 10:21 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Humility said:

The fact that this individual wasn't taken in for questioning and that no significant immediate criminal investigation took place is proof
enough as to what's happening.

Zimmerman was questioned, and there is a on going investigation, who said it ended?

Just because the investigation is taking more time than some people want, it does not mean the investigation is flawed. Remember the whole country is looking at how they proceed, no one wants to make a mistake, or be accused of letting a murderer free.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #15985240 - 03/23/12 10:24 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Where do you get the idea that he wasn't placed in handcuffs...Here's his mugshot

This illustrates my point. Our friend Humility is 100% convinced of Zimmerman's guilt even though the investigation isn't even over yet. Add to that the fact that apparently, he's also ignorant of highly salient facts that ARE available like that Zimmerman was in fact arrested and processed before being released pending the results of the investigation.

Humility is blithely ignorant, but that doesn't stop him from trying, convicting, and hanging Zimmerman anyway.

And he's throwing around words like despicable and deplorable. I love the irony.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: trayvon martin shooting [Re: Diploid]
    #15985249 - 03/23/12 10:27 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I think Humility is just racist against hispanic people...that's why he wants to lynch this guy without knowing the whole story.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

#15985257 - 03/23/12 10:29 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I need to read a few more articles.  Everything I've read says that he wasn't processed at all, that he gave his account at the scene and that he was free to go.

If that's incorrect, then I'm willing to retract those statements.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15985279 - 03/23/12 10:34 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Humility said:
I need to read a few more articles.  Everything I've read says that he wasn't processed at all, that he gave his account at the scene and that he was free to go.

If that's incorrect, then I'm willing to retract those statements.

I may be wrong about the mugshot...It appears that it is from 2005...

In any case, that doesn't mean that he wasn't placed in handcuffs while being questioned...

Edit:  So it looks like he was not arrested because FL law prohibits him from being arrested under the circumstances...that's what the police department says, at least...They also go on to say that the physical evidence at the scene supported Zimmerman's story.

I'm no expert on FL law, but I suspect the police know more than I do about the details..

In addition, the investigation is still ongoing.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Invisiblesetb
10th level beer nerd
    #15985317 - 03/23/12 10:43 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

It is so predictable that all the racists are coming out of the woodwork now: Al Sharpton, Lewis Farrakhan, Obama, etc. It is really sad that this kid is being used as a pawn in their game, used as fuel for their racism. Farrakhan is talking about causing violence and Sharpton said the same in a more roundabout and veiled way, isn't that nice?

The thing that must be understood is: these racists are not angry about this killing. No, they see this as a gift, an opportunity to further their agenda.

Cetacean

#15985337 - 03/23/12 10:48 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Al and Lewie are obviously racists, but how do you figure that President Obama is?

--------------------

OfflineBeefcakemighty
Carpetshark
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midgar
    #15985372 - 03/23/12 10:56 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

LMAO I just find it hard for a full grown man to be so scared by a 17yo black kid walking down the street and felt the need to call the police and then engage the kid for no reason. A 17yo with no weapon was such a threat that he needed to fire his gun?

--------------------
"Hospitality is my house, That a traveler shall share, Warm meal on a hearth And my last horn of mead"

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

General Interest >> Political Discussion