Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: HPS, Herbal "Incense"

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGhosty
journeyman
First Grow, excited!
    #1596434 - 05/31/03 04:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yo, this is my first grow, its not a mushroom grow, that comes on friday when my spores arrive. Can't wait. But anyways I was excited about my marijuana grow so I thought I would post about it :smile:

Started a few days ago, germinated 4 seeds that were giving to me by a friend. They were put between wet paper towels and put in my heating room (my house is pretty cold so I wanted to keep it warm). Anyways so I got one to root.

Planted in a common houseplant soil (going to transplant into ProMix because I didn't have any on hand when the seed rooted). I haven't really used any lights yet because I went and bought a 430 watt HPS system, and I hear this is not good for a seedling. Is this correct? Anyways so I have been keeping it by the window with the window open to allow fresh air to get at it. So far the seedling has poped out of the soil but is still folded over, I am waiting for it to unfold and grow up more.

I plan to use my HPS system soon as it is 1-2 inches tall. Is this to early? I hear fluro's are better for the seedling stage? If so I have a fluro, BUT its one stolen from a office building and I have stripped the two white and black wires from the ceiling  So I need to find out what I should use to hook that into a wall socket. If I can do this I will probley get better results from the seedling.

I have no pics, I tried to take one today but the seedling is still to small for my cam to focus on it. I will have pics up asap and all the time.

Please make some suggestions cause I would really like to get a successful grow.  Maybe not like a big yeild but at least to have it grow. I have 14 more seeds waiting to be planted and my room is being set up with the HPS hanging and a large fan(exhaust and intake) with ducting along my floor to my window.

Should be a fun project.

Thats all for now, I will keep it up to date!

--------------------
-weird

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRaedon
enthusiast

Re: First Grow, excited! [Re: Ghosty]
    #1596941 - 05/31/03 09:53 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

My friend doesn't put his plants under his 250w hps until they have 2 sets of real leaves.

Basically the first 2-3 weeks (depending on strain) are spent under his 4 2 foot growstick floro's. He only grows 6 plants as that is all that will fit in his stealth cabinet and that was designed, 250w can't handle more then 6 plants he says.

This is only if he is staring from seed. The cabinet is a SCRoG and usually only has 2-4 cloned plants in it. When he starts from seed he doesn't expect any yield, he is just looking for a good mother. He has 4 bonzai mothers at the moment and they are a K2, SOL Adv. mix sweet tooth #3 pheno (mmmmmm), AK-47, and Skunk #1. He said to learn more about bonzai MJ plants read up on Overgrow's 3rd magazine. http://www.overgrow.com/iss3/mums.html

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: HPS, Herbal "Incense"

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden