Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
I believe in E.S.P.
    #1593668 - 05/30/03 02:56 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I believe in E.S.P. because:
I watched an episode of "In Search Of..."
It is really cool to believe in.
Everyone knows that it exists.
My best friend and I both got the urge to fire up some dank at the same time.
It happens to me all the time except when skeptics are present.
It is a possibility, but has failed consistent verification.
It is hogwash.

Votes accepted from (12/31/69 05:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: I believe in E.S.P. [Re: Swami]
    #1593905 - 05/30/03 03:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Oh do you swami? :grin:

None of your options i would choose, how about, i was skeptical at first. Actually sat down and tryed to make a psiball, it WORKED! And continues to work!

Telepathy, remote viewing, kinesis, all of that stuff is all made up eh? The sum of dellusions of millions.

All myths are started by some sort of truth, swami you may not believe in this kinda stuff, so tell who made it all up?

And you never answered me on where did you hear that the stargate program was scrapped, due to it not working? Also i must point out that the program was in fact scrapped, and the cia took on the job of a new program i believe, i think its called Psiops. (short for psionic operations)(i maybe wrong, ill do somemore reasearch!)

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineFatNug
Si-Hing

Loc: Everywhere at 1nce
Re: I believe in E.S.P. [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1595500 - 05/31/03 01:03 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I didnt vote in your horribly worded poll, but i do believe in ESP, no, i shouldn't say believe...more like I KNOW that ESP exists.

My first and to date most memorable moment with ESP was when I was about 11. I was on a swim team in the summer at the local pool. As a team we were having an all night campout at the pool since we had just won the championships. Anyway, to the point. I dove in the pool, hit my face on the bottom of the pool which scared the hell out of me as couldn't see in the black night water. I immediatly tasted blood in my mouth. I could feel with my tounge that I had broken a tooth, and was bleeding pretty badly. At this point I was still underwater, and horrified, I thought I had lost my tooth forever. Scared as hell I thought EXTREMELY PASSIONATLY I NEED MY GRANDMOM!!!! NOW!!! I jumped out of the pool and ran to the phone to call her to pick me up. When she answered the phone, she said that she knew something bad had happened, and she was about to come and check on me anyway. When she got there, she just kept talking about how she was watching TV and all of a sudden she just knew that someting was wrong, and how strange it all was.

Well I didnt really think about it til later, as I couldn't quite grasp what she was saying at the time. But Ever since then she Swears that that event made her believe in ESP. She'll tell anybody, and this is from a 72 year old, ex sxhool teacher with 50 some years under her belt, a masters, and a damn near 140 IQ. As for me, I sort of forgot about it til I was about 15 or 16, and Grandmom brought at up at holiday dinner with family. In the past few years since I started kung fu, and meditation it has happened more and more often, and noticibly. with girlfriends, mom, friends, my dog (none of my other animals though), random people whom ive never met before etc. etc. this includes ESP, Telepathy, Precognition, and Empathy, oh and Ive done very small scale Tele-Kinesis on a few occasions.

I have done it all before, sending and recieving, moving things, and knowing things. I CANNOT reproduce it at wil, I CANNOT control it well. although I'm trying like hell. Sometimes it is powerfull, and rather common, sometimes it dissappears for weeks, or even months at a time. I wish I had a handle on it...I don't. I wish I could prove to the world, but I can't. All I can give is this feeble personal account which is most likely completely worthless to you skeptics.

--------------------
================================================So what's your peace of mind huh? A swiss watch? leasin' a Lex on credit? all the pussy and liquor a nigga can get..put together this puzzle, but my pieces won't fit.. {Ras kass}

Edited by FatNug (05/31/03 01:15 AM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: I believe in E.S.P. [Re: FatNug]
    #1595705 - 05/31/03 04:34 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Methinks Swami is a Jedi Master in real life, and uses ESP all the time, just shrugs it off as coincidence.

--------------------

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: I believe in E.S.P. [Re: Shroomism]
    #1595767 - 05/31/03 07:22 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I believe in mind-reading because i've witnessed undeniable proof.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: I believe in E.S.P. [Re: Grav]
    #1595775 - 05/31/03 07:29 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

this was a guy who could read seemingly anyone's thoughts in the room..
and he demonstrated it very clearly

I was a total skeptic before that night and now I totally believe in the ability to read minds. (whether it's some weird genetic thing or available to all people i don't know)

I don't believe in all the other psychic stuff, because I haven't witnessed any other examples, but I definately welcome almost anything as a possibility.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1595859 - 05/31/03 09:06 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"Actually sat down and tryed to make a psiball, it WORKED! And continues to work!"

Do you know if you created a psiball, or if you focused enough to hallucinate one? There's no way you can tell the difference for sure, so you'd have to be jumping to a conclusion here.

"All myths are started by some sort of truth, "

Not necessarily. Some certainly come out of truth, but not all of them.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: I believe in E.S.P. [Re: FatNug]
    #1595925 - 05/31/03 09:51 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I didnt vote in your horribly worded poll
I "knew" you were going to say that!

she just knew that someting was wrong
That is vague enough that it could have been your chipped tooth, the WTC bombings, mass starvation in Ethiopia, a plane crash in the U.K...

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1595927 - 05/31/03 09:54 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

this was a guy who could read seemingly anyone's thoughts in the room..
and he demonstrated it very clearly

This guy is soOOOoo good that he is afraid to take the Randi Challenge because Randi knows all about cold-reading and other "mind-reading" tricks. Your being convinced is NOT the same as convincing a professional magician.

--------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1596014 - 05/31/03 10:43 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Does ESP stand for Eating Sally's Pussy? If so, I'm a believer in ESP. Well, as long as we're talkin about the same Sally.

:tongue:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1596126 - 05/31/03 11:40 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

well...
charles tart & stanley krippner (among others, including, of course, j b rhine...) have investigated some aspects of "the paranormal"...
and it seems quite possible that _something_ is going on...
~
i think it is interesting that people who strongly disbelieve in "ESP" do worse that average on ESP testing...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: I believe in E.S.P. [Re: gnrm23]
    #1596202 - 05/31/03 12:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i think it is interesting that people who strongly disbelieve in "ESP" do worse that average on ESP testing...

Link?

I find that believers in telekinesis leave the same percentage of money in Las Vegas as the non-believers. Weird, huh?

--------------------

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1596297 - 05/31/03 01:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Telekinesis, though ive never done it in waking reality. These are my thoughts on it.

The object is a part of you, you feel the object in question, you are at one with the object. It feels like an additional arm that is a attached but not attached to you. Which is sorta whats makes it easy, to manipulate. The understanding of the world one has is that thought truely creates reality, and its collective thought is what makes everyones phyiscal reality. Its a product of your mind or you! Its hard to explain.

Phluck: Eventually these psiballs will get powerfull and with enough practice made visiable, and if i was to show someone and it works, and they see it, is it real? Or did i hallucinate it with enough focus to make another hallucinate? :grin:

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1596305 - 05/31/03 01:09 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I have experienced ESP on 7 tabs of LSD. I don't know if the entities were within my own mind or not. I can't prove anything either way. But it was definately E.S.P.

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
    #1596318 - 05/31/03 01:21 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

johnnyfive, I have been having this feeling as well. Since just before the millenium's end this feeling of some very strange things that will manifest itself to all. It is not a feeling of the end of the world, but a feeling of the edn of the world as we know it.

Earth droid,
I have also had many unexplainable things happen to me while high. I wouldn't be able to call myself a scientifically minded person if I didn't leave the drug as possibility for the things I saw. This in my mind proves nothing. But I have seen unexplainable things - nearly proofs IMO - while completely sober! This is how I can call myself scientifically minded as well as believe in unknown things. I've almost ruled out my being insane as well!

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1596349 - 05/31/03 01:32 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

This guy is soOOOoo good that he is afraid to take the Randi Challenge because Randi knows all about cold-reading and other "mind-reading" tricks. Your being convinced is NOT the same as convincing a professional magician.

I didn't say it was.

I just know what I saw. It was very simple.

This guy is on stage at my university and says to a girl i know sitting next to me "Think of a number and write it down on a piece of paper."

She writes down the number 56.

He says "The number is 56"

Then he did this to a bunch of other people I know. Nobody was 'in on it', and there were no super micro extreme camera systems. He just DID it, and I can find no reason not to believe it.

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
    #1596372 - 05/31/03 01:43 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, but we must follow the ordained process of scientific inquiry... let's see... we need some blood samples...rectal probes... cross-section of the brain...    :grin: 

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

Invisibleyeti
Stranger

#1596717 - 05/31/03 04:44 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"In Search Of..."

That show was cool. It would go perfectly with a bowl right now...

Not that this has to do with ESP. But at age 5 or so I remember being completely mesmerized by that show. Those stories on the Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, etc. narrated by Leonard Nimoy... it was all very stony.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1596932 - 05/31/03 07:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Nobody was 'in on it', and there were no super micro extreme camera systems. He just DID it, and I can find no reason not to believe it.

My point remains that your ignorance of how the trick was done does not equal undeniable proof.

--------------------

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1597259 - 05/31/03 11:13 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It's undeniable to me.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder