Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemattch1
Monseur

Loc: WV
mushrooms in nicaragua
    #1596184 - 05/31/03 02:13 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Im gonna be headed down to nicaragua this summer..... and I will definately be going mushroom hunting.  If anyone has been there (or hasn't) and has suggestions or comments, please let me know.  Im sure it will be mushroom heaven, as i hear the humidity hovers near 95% all the time  :grin:

--------------------
Everything I ask is for informational purposes only. There is no truth to what i say. I am lying.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: mushrooms in nicaragua [Re: mattch1]
    #1596220 - 05/31/03 02:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well there are magic shrooms throughout Central America, however no one has yet collected or reported specimens from Nicaragua. Of course there are shrooms there but what kind, I do not know, either P. cubensis and/or P. subcubensis and possibly C opelandia shrooms.

mj

Be sure to let us know,.

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

#1596228 - 05/31/03 02:33 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

enjoy yout stay there man !
There Id search for cubes, Psilocybe Yungenis , P. Zapotecorum and more :smile: If I were you Id search mushrooms that look psilocybe/paneolus and look active but dont follow my advice and stay safe :laugh: You can download the WORLD WIDE DISTRIBUTION OF MAGIC MUSHROOMS file, its somewhere in the shroomery FAQ. I dont see ther nothing about Nicaragua tho. Also be sure too look for some magic cacti and plants ! :laugh: Have fun 

--------------------
Cuba Libre

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

Re: mushrooms in nicaragua [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1596234 - 05/31/03 02:35 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

mj - are there psilocybe or paneolus or copelandia ( or similar magic looking ) shrooms that are deadly ?
I mean, if I was there and I see some magic looking shrooms Id most probably try them but want to see the risk. Couse if there are dealy sp. I aint eatin dem :laugh:

--------------------
Cuba Libre

Edited by T0aD (05/31/03 02:39 PM)

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

Re: mushrooms in nicaragua [Re: T0aD]
    #1596244 - 05/31/03 02:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

best is to study the dealy / poisonous ones

--------------------
Cuba Libre

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: mushrooms in nicaragua [Re: T0aD]
    #1596254 - 05/31/03 02:49 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

IF you are looking in manure, the chances of being poisoned are nil. You can look at the cubensis images at my site there are many and also the various Copelandia species which beasically tend to all look like each outher. They are marked by an intense bluing in Copleandia and ligh to dark bluing in the cubensis. Both grow from manure at different times. Very very rare for both to be in the same m manure heap but grow at different times of the season form one another although there may be elements of both in a particular field or many only one or the other period. IT is also possible others may be inthe country which are yetr unknown.

If I were you I woould stick tot he cow pie manure for best results.

June July and aAugust are the rainy season in Central America.

Have a shroomy time.

You can always scn a shroom in an internet cafe.

Be weary of soldiers if you are wandering around in [eoles farm lands. Soldiers do what they want with tourists if they are not in a good mood.

mj

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
Re: mushrooms in nicaragua [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1598739 - 06/01/03 06:19 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

MJ correct me if im wrong, but i dont think there are any poisonous mushrooms in the psilocybe genus and im confident there are none poisonous in the panaeolus genus. of course there are poisonous mushrooms in very related genuses of the coprinacae and strophariaceae families (ie conocybe and stropharia,) and other families. blablabla

if you have no means of identification then just stick to the bluing psilocybes and pans in manure

man i hope you find lots in nicaragua please get us some info!

Offlinemattch1
Monseur

Re: mushrooms in nicaragua [Re: MagmaManiac]
    #1742960 - 07/23/03 11:40 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hey guys,
Im in nicaragua right now, and it is blazing hot. ie. not much water on the ground and cow patties dry out really fast. It does seem to rain about once a day for about 20 mins.... is this enough to soak the cow patty enough that fungi can grow? The humidity is always high thou, which is encouraging. Im planning on going up to the mountains one weekend, where its more cloudy and not as hot. Anyway, with the lack of succifient rainfall all at once, is it worth going out to look? I havent gone on an all out shroom hunt yet, but am planning on going, depending on the rainfall. Thanks!
:-)

--------------------
Everything I ask is for informational purposes only. There is no truth to what i say. I am lying.

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

#1743300 - 07/24/03 01:33 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

go look you might be pleasantly suprised =]

Offlinemattch1
Monseur

Re: mushrooms in nicaragua [Re: whole9]
    #1749237 - 07/25/03 08:52 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

in nicaragua right now, wondering if anyone has anymore comments on my previous post... its consistently about 85 degrees, sunny, and 70-90% humidity. it did pour the rain down today thou.... so thats encouraging.... tell me what u think. :-)

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification