Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEagle
Horney Biker
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Eagle's Fruiting Chamber
    #15960575 - 03/17/12 06:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

This is not an original idea. one that I added to to fit my needs. I hope it helps someone. Enjoy!!

Plans I adapted.

Front View

Sides, Top and bottom

Together and wired

Drain pan is in

Greenhouse is in

Cover is installed

That's it hopes it helps someone!! Cheer's

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecubes4cancer
C0nn0IssuR Of s0rtS

Loc: thiswashereandthatwaswhen
Re: Eagle's Fruiting Chamber [Re: Eagle]
    #15960648 - 03/17/12 06:49 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

:like:

--------------------
$$"IM ON A RAMAN NOODLE EVERY NIGHT BUDGET"$$
                                        :ramen:

ROGERRABBIT: P cubensis will grow on stuffed animals, bibles, quarter pounds of weed, bras, etc.
In other words,it's hard to fuck up a cube grow.
RR

Invisiblesmitty5606
country boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: southern states Flag
Re: Eagle's Fruiting Chamber [Re: cubes4cancer]
    #15960678 - 03/17/12 06:54 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Nice job badass set up

Offlinetob
Male

#15961132 - 03/17/12 08:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

That's cool looking!  I think that's a super clean build, and I really like the drip pan in the bottom.

A question, however, comes to my mind about a greenhouse this size.  Clearly, it's proven to work, but for the amount of space, effort, and yield, couldn't you just stack 5 monotubs up there, throw a sheet over it and call it a day?  Am I missing something?  It seems like it wouldn't be  worth the effort of building a greenhouse unless you wanted to do something several times larger than that.  Can someone straighten me out on this?  Also, if you feel like I'm hijacking your thread with all these questions, tell me, and I'll start a new thread for my question.

InvisibleOnePerEyeM8
Rhythmysticist
 User Gallery

Loc: Westeros
Re: Eagle's Fruiting Chamber [Re: tob]
    #15961572 - 03/17/12 10:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tob said:

A question, however, comes to my mind about a greenhouse this size.  Clearly, it's proven to work, but for the amount of space, effort, and yield, couldn't you just stack 5 monotubs up there, throw a sheet over it and call it a day?  Am I missing something?  It seems like it wouldn't be  worth the effort of building a greenhouse unless you wanted to do something several times larger than that.  Can someone straighten me out on this?  Also, if you feel like I'm hijacking your thread with all these questions, tell me, and I'll start a new thread for my question.

Yeah, I think monotubs are generally a better use of space if you're going for yield size by at least a bit. But greenhouses are really handy for doing trays and fruiting substrate blocks. You can only do one species or variety of mushroom per monotub, so if you want to grow different kinds then you need to make multiple monotubs. Also when you stack tubs, picking them up to check on them or mist can flex the sides of the tub which causes the substrate to pull away, in turn this can lead to side pinning. Between building, tending to, and cleaning multiple tubs, a greenhouse could prove to be significantly less work in the long run. :twocents:

Eagle, that GH/housing is silky slick. Thanks for the pictures. :thumbup:

You better show us some more when it's filled up! :wink:

Offlinefungusapien
Nomad
Male

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Eagle's Fruiting Chamber [Re: OnePerEyeM8]
    #15962003 - 03/18/12 12:26 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm with OnePerEyeM8 - this is a great set up, and pics of it in full production would be sweet!

--------------------
"It achieved symbiosis with human society early by associating itself with domesticated cattle." - T. McKenna

take a vacation, leave yourself behind...

**All posts are for research purposes only, and all content of said posts is hypothetical and entirely fictional.

OfflineEagle
Horney Biker
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Eagle's Fruiting Chamber [Re: fungusapien]
    #15962605 - 03/18/12 07:58 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks everyone. The wait of getting it full is killing me but hopefully soon.

OfflineBom_Tombadil
ShRoOm GrOwEr & EaTeR

#15962845 - 03/18/12 10:14 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Greenhouses are great if you plan on growing anything besides cubes. If you plan to only grow cubes then monotubs are the way to go but if you plan to move on to edibles then a GH is pretty much mandatory.

--------------------
"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Offlinetob
Male

Re: Eagle's Fruiting Chamber [Re: Bom_Tombadil]
    #15972492 - 03/20/12 04:06 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Awesome!  Thanks for the info, everyone.  The particular size of this thing just made me start thinking about the point in volume of cubensis production one should switch from monotubs to greenhouse. 

I can't wait to see pictures of this thing in full swing!

Offlinecranberries

Loc: NC Flag
Re: Eagle's Fruiting Chamber [Re: tob]
    #15972594 - 03/20/12 04:30 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Looking very nice :grin:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract