Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

dream house
    #1595804 - 05/31/03 08:07 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I was reading this book about dreaming, and it had tips for gaining more subconscious focus.

One suggestion it had was to close your eyes and try and build a "dream house" in your mind. It doesn't have to be a house, just any type of building. And after you imagine the outside of this building, you picture yourself entering it.

Don't think about what is inside, just let be there whatever furnishings come to mind, no matter how boring or goofy or whatever. You have to start somewheres. This is only the first level of the house. Imagine a staircase or a ladder or anything going up to the second level.

Ascend.

Think of this as a more personal level than the first floor, but again don't try and force any visions of what you think SHOULD be there... just let whatever ideas float in.

Then do it again, go up another level.. and so on.

I usually find it hard to meditate or focus, but I was put in somewhat of a trance by this. I found my mind was completely focused on interacting with this building. And it's very rare I can accomplish focus like that intentionally. (I go into deep modes of thinking all the time, but almost never when I consciously decide to)

Anyways I'll tell you a bit about what I saw..

I imagined this tower-like structure, in the middle of a field.

I walked inside... I felt the urge to imagine all these trippy things inside, but surpressed that urge, and just let all these visions of a 'normal' room come into play.. It looked like some old guy's private office or something...

Then I imagined the staircase winding up the inner wall to the next level.

I walked up it and imagined the next level.. This is where it gets difficult to describe, lots of those strange collages of ideas and symbols that seem very familiar... Like I have one vision of a lot of wood furnishings, and then closely related is outer space.. Yea, it's hard to describe, and I'm feeling crazy for even trying.

anyways...
Then I imagined a ladder going up to the third level.

Something funny happened then. I felt these instrusive thoughts creeping into my mind. Annoying, nagging thoughts... you know, internal dialogue.
But the funny thing was, these thoughts were personified. They turned into these zombie-like creatures that were inside my dream tower thing. They looked like the zombies in green garments from Resident Evil 1.
They were attacking me as I was trying to climb up the ladder. My thoughts were attacking me.

I realized that this was my imagination in my own mind, and I had complete control at that moment.
I did some weird telekenisis type shit and pretty much blasted the zombies away with almost no effort.

The thoughts immediately evaporated.

I almost started to ponder over what I had done, which would lead to a total breakdown of all concentration, but I caught myself in time, and directed my attention back to the ladder I was climbing.

I made it to the third floor... It was very mystical, is all I can say. I didn't even have to think about it, the feelings / pictures just appeared.

Night-time, a moonlit blue bed, with light blue veils swaying in the breeze that was coming in through the balcony window.
I could feel the desert outside. It was a very familiar place / feeling.

Reminded me of those power landscapes I'd been to while tripping.

Anyways, I descended back down to the first floor and walked out the door and opened my eyes. The whole thing probably only took 20-30 minutes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemikey_
SURFING ON SINEWAVES
Male

Loc: Liverpool
Re: dream house [Re: Grav]
    #1595810 - 05/31/03 08:15 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

sounds like an interesting, fun way of meditating. i'll try it this afternoon.
cheers!

--------------------
The poison is the dose - Paracelsus
Let your food be medicine and your medicine be food - Hippocrates

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: dream house [Re: mikey_]
    #1595910 - 05/31/03 09:37 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

oh yea... this is something to do while awake

but the point of it is to teach your brain to organize all the symbolisms of your mind into a place that you can freely explore, which you will hopefully repeat while you're dreaming.
not sure if it works or not, but it's fun to try, eh?

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: dream house [Re: Grav]
    #1596021 - 05/31/03 10:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I like to travel in my house while I'm not in it. I just pitcure every room and fly through it just to see how good my memory of it is.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder