Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery
    #15959015 - 03/17/12 09:59 AM (12 years, 14 days ago)

I have posted here at the Shroomery for a while now, and because most of what I freely want to explore gets shunter to the 'Conspiracies and Cover-ups forum, I post there a bit. I have checkout out the rules and they seem clear enough. That one mustn't be disrespectful to other members, and troll--surely I dont need to paste the rules here right now?

Two mods mocerate the forum--supposedly, Prisoner and Cosmonaut, and some weeks ago I was banned by prisoner for suggesting another member could be a shill, and that his lack of understanding of what I was saying could be because of the 'education' system drilling children in left-brain thinking. It was quite a while after that post, but I received a pm from prisoner telling me I was banned for 6 days and giving the reasons.

Since I have come back, I have been attacked twince, with two members breaking the rules. The first time was my thread, but when I went to click the button that is supposed to notify a mod about a post it had the text that 'this thread is being monitored' or words to that effect. So I had to pm a mod, but was told that I hadn't been insulted. I was not happy about that.

More recently when I was trying to involve my self in a thread, another member said I was "full of shit". That to me is an insult that needs dealing with, so I clicked the mod button and this time it worked, and I explined about it. Then I later received a pm from prisoner telling me that I shouldn't complain because it is only what I do to others! I informed him he wasn't doing his job right, and that if i HAD been doing that he should have warned me, which he didn't, and I refute his accusattion anyhow.
I told him that his moderation is bias, and he supports members who share his worldview and accuses, threatens and bans those who do not, and challenge him and they---that is bias, right?

I just received a pm from prisoner which is very insulting and just proves my point which I will present here for all who read this to see:

Here is prisoner's first response of the rules of the thread being broken:

Quote:

I'm sorry you feel insulted but how is what he done any different than what you do?

Here is my response to that:
Quote:

I am surprised to even get a response to be honest, but not surprised what the response is.

Look---it is completely out of order how this place is run, totally bias, and this is reflected in your very question. You as moderator should treat everyone equally regardless with whether they share your worldview or not. IF as you imply I had broken the rules this is what proper moderators do--they give a red-text warning first, and if  the member continues they are banned for a time period.

You claim i always do it, do what? If I break the rules then you should do the above--like you should for everyone since you have a set of rules (which obviously mean nothing), but the fact you haven't means I haven't otherwise you would have? The member I have reported HAS broke the rules and should be warned and if continuing banned. If you cannot understand this then you shouldn't BE a moderator, because you just make the rules up as you go along and this is a detriment to this online community. I know this is a big reason that you and others who push a worldview on others thrive and just do what you want, and others with different views daren't engage much.

I know this will go in one ear and out the other, because you do not have a supervisor above you and so can do what you want otherwise I would complain about your bias. Is this why you volunteered for this moderator role, prisoner, for a power-trip?

And here is his VERY unprofessional, and rude reply:

Quote:

ok, here's another response. stop being such a butthurt little bitch, it's
old and you use this crap to derail topic after topic

Apart from this insult, it is just not true I 'use this crap to derail topic after topic'. Where is the evidence for that accusation?

What I am upset about is why do the rules of that thread, and general rules, ONLY apply to me, and others whose worldview is alternative to his and the members who hide behind him and his power-trip? Is this fair, and is it goo for ANY online community.
If you are going to have rules they should apply to everyone, right? or dont HAVE them and use them as a means to get power over people by changing their meaning when it suits you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: zzripz]
    #15959033 - 03/17/12 10:08 AM (12 years, 14 days ago)

It's against the rules to post PM's on the site.  You best take them down asap, or you risk having your PM privileges revoked, and another ban.

--------------------
Put America to sleep with warm milk and clichés.

OfflineOasis182
Stranger

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: BothHands]
    #15959056 - 03/17/12 10:18 AM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Are personal insults really so bad?  It's a forum about drugs, of course debates are going to get heated and sometimes personal.  I don't think that's a reason to ban anyone, unless they're doing nothing but going around insulting people.

I think I might have saw the thread you were talking about.  Some guy just pretty much told a mod that he didn't know what he was talking about and got banned for it.  Talk about abuse of power.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: zzripz] * 1
    #15959089 - 03/17/12 10:29 AM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
I have posted here at the Shroomery for a while now, and because most of what I freely want to explore gets shunter to the 'Conspiracies and Cover-ups forum, I post there a bit. I have checkout out the rules and they seem clear enough. That one mustn't be disrespectful to other members, and troll--surely I dont need to paste the rules here right now?

Two mods mocerate the forum--supposedly, Prisoner and Cosmonaut, and some weeks ago I was banned by prisoner for suggesting another member could be a shill, and that his lack of understanding of what I was saying could be because of the 'education' system drilling children in left-brain thinking. It was quite a while after that post, but I received a pm from prisoner telling me I was banned for 6 days and giving the reasons.

Since I have come back, I have been attacked twince, with two members breaking the rules. The first time was my thread, but when I went to click the button that is supposed to notify a mod about a post it had the text that 'this thread is being monitored' or words to that effect. So I had to pm a mod, but was told that I hadn't been insulted. I was not happy about that.

More recently when I was trying to involve my self in a thread, another member said I was "full of shit". That to me is an insult that needs dealing with, so I clicked the mod button and this time it worked, and I explined about it. Then I later received a pm from prisoner telling me that I shouldn't complain because it is only what I do to others! I informed him he wasn't doing his job right, and that if i HAD been doing that he should have warned me, which he didn't, and I refute his accusattion anyhow.
I told him that his moderation is bias, and he supports members who share his worldview and accuses, threatens and bans those who do not, and challenge him and they---that is bias, right?

I just received a pm from prisoner which is very insulting and just proves my point which I will present here for all who read this to see:

Here is prisoner's first response of the rules of the thread being broken:

Quote:

I'm sorry you feel insulted but how is what he done any different than what you do?

Here is my response to that:
Quote:

I am surprised to even get a response to be honest, but not surprised what the response is.

Look---it is completely out of order how this place is run, totally bias, and this is reflected in your very question. You as moderator should treat everyone equally regardless with whether they share your worldview or not. IF as you imply I had broken the rules this is what proper moderators do--they give a red-text warning first, and if  the member continues they are banned for a time period.

You claim i always do it, do what? If I break the rules then you should do the above--like you should for everyone since you have a set of rules (which obviously mean nothing), but the fact you haven't means I haven't otherwise you would have? The member I have reported HAS broke the rules and should be warned and if continuing banned. If you cannot understand this then you shouldn't BE a moderator, because you just make the rules up as you go along and this is a detriment to this online community. I know this is a big reason that you and others who push a worldview on others thrive and just do what you want, and others with different views daren't engage much.

I know this will go in one ear and out the other, because you do not have a supervisor above you and so can do what you want otherwise I would complain about your bias. Is this why you volunteered for this moderator role, prisoner, for a power-trip?

And here is his VERY unprofessional, and rude reply:

Quote:

ok, here's another response. stop being such a butthurt little bitch, it's
old and you use this crap to derail topic after topic

Apart from this insult, it is just not true I 'use this crap to derail topic after topic'. Where is the evidence for that accusation?

What I am upset about is why do the rules of that thread, and general rules, ONLY apply to me, and others whose worldview is alternative to his and the members who hide behind him and his power-trip? Is this fair, and is it goo for ANY online community.
If you are going to have rules they should apply to everyone, right? or dont HAVE them and use them as a means to get power over people by changing their meaning when it suits you!

evidence?

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15954699#15954699
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14589036#14589036
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14605780#14605780
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14607296#14607296
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14583255#14583255

it's all over Conspiracies and Cover-ups and it goes on and on and on, if
someone disagrees with you then you make the same sort of comments that you
you report as flaming, you claim bias from the mods and cosmo and I have
discussed this in regards to the many reports you've made and both came to
the same consensus, that your actions are a disruption to the forum

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Oasis182]
    #15959094 - 03/17/12 10:31 AM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Oasis182 said:
Are personal insults really so bad?  It's a forum about drugs, of course debates are going to get heated and sometimes personal.  I don't think that's a reason to ban anyone, unless they're doing nothing but going around insulting people.

I think I might have saw the thread you were talking about.  Some guy just pretty much told a mod that he didn't know what he was talking about and got banned for it.  Talk about abuse of power.

could you find that thread please?

Invisiblekoraks
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: zzripz] * 4
    #15959182 - 03/17/12 11:03 AM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Ok, what I'm going to say is meant in the best way possible and I hope it helps - but I'm not going to be all politically correct about it.

Quote:

zzripz said:
More recently when I was trying to involve my self in a thread, another member said I was "full of shit". That to me is an insult that needs dealing with

and there's a couple of ways to do so. Let me make this crystal clear for you: you choose to argue in a pedantic, annoying and condescending manner. Maybe that's not your intention, but it sure comes across like that with others. By itself, I have no problem with that. Many people here do that at times, myself included. However, if you decide to communicate like that, then at least have the balls to deal with the acidic responses that you can only expect. What you're doing now is being the annoying little kid, and then if another kid smacks you across the head, you run to the teacher crying about how the kids are all mean to you. In all honesty, that only makes people laugh and shake their heads - you're not doing yourself any favors with this sort of approach.

So what can you do?
1. Debate in a more friendly and constructive manner and you'll get friendly and constructive replies.
2. Debate in the same way that you've been doing and grow a thicker skin - if you're rude to people, then people are going to be rude to you, so you better be able to deal with that without having to rely on others to haul your ass out of the fire.
3. Don't get involved in debates that get your spirits all fired up.

And also, if you approach a mod with words like these:
Quote:

You can expect to get told off in a nasty way. I don't see how you expect any constructive or helpful responses to that from any moderator. Again: you're not doing yourself a favor by approaching people this way.

If you want to be treated as an adult, then stop behaving like a spoiled 6 year old.

Edited by koraks (03/17/12 11:04 AM)

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Oasis182]
    #15959388 - 03/17/12 12:23 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

The reason I am pissed off is not because people insult. I insult and am no angel --this is what pisses me off: the fact that rules exist, and yet they dont seem to apply to EVERYONE. THAT!

If I am supposed to have insulted another member and get banned without any warning, why is I can get insulted and when I complain not only am I told that it doesn't matter, but insult is added to injury by being privately insulted by the very mod I have originally complained to

Please tell me what is the POINT of rules if this kind of thing continues? Either HAVE no rules, which I personally would love, or treat ALL members equally, Can't you see what I mean...?

InvisibleDieCommie

#15959394 - 03/17/12 12:27 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Its about the spirit of the law, not the letter of the law.  You are a Spirituality regular, you should know that.

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15959493 - 03/17/12 12:55 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

evidence?

No that it is NOT evidence. That is you linking people to pages where I have contributed to discussions. It is not evidence of any breaking of rules.
a) instead of linking whole pages which can be interpreted according to the person's political views and world view, directly paste the actual stuff I have said that is supposed to have broken the rules?

b) IF I HAD infringed the rules then how come you didn't do anything about it?

c) Please tell me WHY being told I am "full of shit" by another member is NOT breaking the rules? Doesn't it say in the rules not to disrespect and provoke and not contributing to the discussion.

Quote:

it's all over Conspiracies and Cover-ups and it goes on and on and on, if
someone disagrees with you then you make the same sort of comments that you
you report as flaming, you claim bias from the mods and cosmo and I have
discussed this in regards to the many reports you've made and both came to
the same consensus, that your actions are a disruption to the forum

You are tellin fibs prisoner. It is not all over Conspiracies and Cover-ups, a forum I should let you know which should be ABOUT that title mostly, and openly investigated from all perspectives, and not 'look how the official story owns this forum!'.

I have not claimed bias as much from Cosmo, and have not much dealings with him in that forum, but was very surprised when I informed him of a previous rule broken against me and he didn't think it was. That was when another member suggested I must be 'schizophrenic' and on uppers, or drugs. Let me tell you dude --in the wrong parts of town if you say that to the wrong person, guess what..? yes, they are going to KNOW that is being dissed, and it is. But you just change the meaning OF your rules when it suits you and that is not fair to ALL members.

I am not crazy about this forum I am using as an example, the ATS forums, but at least there it seems all members are treated the same----a mod will first show a red-text warning, openly, about a members, or two members or more behaviour etc, and if broken again a ban will happen. That is best because everyone knows to try and be respectful, but, prisoner, with your way this is what happens:---the members that share your worldview know very well they can get away with breaking the rules and so continue disrespecting other members who want to share alternative views, which PROVOKES the person held in contempt to respond to the put-downs and insults, and eventually this stifles open debate because those with different views from you and your homies can't be arsed to seriously participate, because they know your powers of moderation are being abused and are bias.

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: koraks]
    #15959537 - 03/17/12 01:08 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

koraks said:

and there's a couple of ways to do so. Let me make this crystal clear for you: you choose to argue in a pedantic, annoying and condescending manner. Maybe that's not your intention, but it sure comes across like that with others. By itself, I have no problem with that. Many people here do that at times, myself included. However, if you decide to communicate like that, then at least have the balls to deal with the acidic responses that you can only expect. What you're doing now is being the annoying little kid, and then if another kid smacks you across the head, you run to the teacher crying about how the kids are all mean to you. In all honesty, that only makes people laugh and shake their heads - you're not doing yourself any favors with this sort of approach.

No, your not digging this. I am NOT a little kid running to teach at all. I HATE fukin rules. I love Youtube, but the comments are too limited. But it is one of the freest places, and you can say ANYTHING and they do, and funnily enough people do NOT need moderators to look after them, and they have the recourse to block. That is what I like and really wich forums were like that. OK?
So if so, do you think it would bother me a person tellin me I am full of shit? But what I do not like and what I am complaining about is when a place CLAIMS to have rules, but it only applies to those whose worldview DIFFERS from the moderator who have put the rules down. That.

Quote:

So what can you do?
1. Debate in a more friendly and constructive manner and you'll get friendly and constructive replies.
2. Debate in the same way that you've been doing and grow a thicker skin - if you're rude to people, then people are going to be rude to you, so you better be able to deal with that without having to rely on others to haul your ass out of the fire.
3. Don't get involved in debates that get your spirits all fired up.

I debate how I debate, and that my nature and if I break a rule then I get a warning or a ban and if another person does they do too. THAT is what this thread is about--not HOW you debate. Some people may have a direct approach, but that is not against the rules.

Quote:

And also, if you approach a mod with words like these:
Quote:

You can expect to get told off in a nasty way. I don't see how you expect any constructive or helpful responses to that from any moderator. Again: you're not doing yourself a favor by approaching people this way.

I was telling it like it is. I am not his fukin child. I am most likely a lot older. I am pissed off because the rules dont seem to apply to me. Pleas etell me--what is purpose of the rules here? Care to past them here and go through them with us so we can understand how you understand them?

Quote:

If you want to be treated as an adult, then stop behaving like a spoiled 6 year old.

your just stirring it, and being exactly what I am warning about. Do it--go get the rule book and tell us your interpretation of it. I await.
There is a BIG difference for you reading 'not respecting' you because my worldview challenges yours, and being out and out insulting to you like calling you full of whit. have you ever seen a talk with Richard Dawkins where another talker calls him full of shit? Please show me. it is because they ARE adult, and know how to denate and have dramatic differences of opinion but not get personal. by the way I cant STAND his fukin views.

Invisiblekoraks
    #15959578 - 03/17/12 01:18 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
The reason I am pissed off is not because people insult. I insult and am no angel --this is what pisses me off: the fact that rules exist, and yet they dont seem to apply to EVERYONE. THAT!

Yes, the rules are universal. They apply to everyone. If you feel this isn't the case, then you should definitely report the issue. But based on what you state in this topic, I don't see any evidence of bias, nepotism or preferred treatment regarding moderation of these boards.

Quote:

If I am supposed to have insulted another member and get banned without any warning

From your ban record, I can tell that this is not true - and so can you; you can access your ban record here (I think...not really sure because the page we see as mods is different from the one regular users get to see). According to your ban record, you received three official warnings in 2011, all due to flaming or name-calling. In such a case (several warnings issued for the same kind of offense), a temporary ban usually follows if additional violations are observed by the moderators. If you want to debate how many warnings a user should receive in a certain time frame before a ban is issued, then that's fine by me; be sure to file an admin ticket on that. But it is certainly not true that you have never been warned about your behavior and that you were banned out of the blue.

Quote:

zzripz said:
I HATE fukin rules.

I noticed that :wink:

Quote:

But it is one of the freest places, and you can say ANYTHING and they do, and funnily enough people do NOT need moderators to look after them, and they have the recourse to block. That is what I like and really wich forums were like that. OK?

OK, but we do have rules. Places that have little to no rules include OTD (and 4chan of course). For the rest of the boards, we have lenient policies, but a few rules to prevent things from getting out of hand.

Quote:

But what I do not like and what I am complaining about is when a place CLAIMS to have rules, but it only applies to those whose worldview DIFFERS from the moderator who have put the rules down. That.

No, I think you got it wrong. If that were the case, the entire Conspiracy forum wouldn't exist. That place is full of people whose world view doesn't align at all with that of most of the mods here. However, none of the mods here on the Shroomery believes in total anarchy. So perhaps that's a difference between you and the mods; that's possible.

Quote:

your just stirring it, and being exactly what I am warning about.

Well, thanks for the warning.

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#15960249 - 03/17/12 04:52 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

koraks said:

From your ban record, I can tell that this is not true - and so can you; you can access your ban record here (I think...not really sure because the page we see as mods is different from the one regular users get to see). According to your ban record, you received three official warnings in 2011, all due to flaming or name-calling. In such a case (several warnings issued for the same kind of offense), a temporary ban usually follows if additional violations are observed by the moderators. If you want to debate how many warnings a user should receive in a certain time frame before a ban is issued, then that's fine by me; be sure to file an admin ticket on that. But it is certainly not true that you have never been warned about your behavior and that you were banned out of the blue.

lol, so your saying YOUR a mod now? Where is the warning in your avatar? And whats with the ban records. Suddenly I feel in the arms of the law already? My ban record has nothing whatsoever to do with this discrepancy. The fact is if i WAS banned then it is because I borke the rules. I keep saying that seeing there are supposed to be rules I have no problem with this, but I do when they only apply to some and not others.
And you are wrong--I was not OFFICIALLY warned (do you know what an offical mod warning should be?) at all. I am always getting threatening behaviour, and attitude, but this I have seen for anyone who challenges the worldview that the mods I have had trouble with and the members that share that dish out. But that is NOT an offical moderator warning!

Quote:

I HATE fukin rules.
I noticed that :wink:

Look, do not forget that this thread is not about me. I am not talking about ME breaking a rule, I am talking about notifiying a moderator about a rule being broken against me and nothing being done about it! So don't twist what is being said. I meant I hate rules but in a place which supposedly DEMANDS rules, then they should apply to everyone. Can you understand this? How many more times do I need to spell this out?

Quote:

OK, but we do have rules. Places that have little to no rules include OTD (and 4chan of course). For the rest of the boards, we have lenient policies, but a few rules to prevent things from getting out of hand.

Well you have rules, that is what this is about, and I am questioning the bias in the APPLICATION of them.

Quote:

No, I think you got it wrong. If that were the case, the entire Conspiracy forum wouldn't exist. That place is full of people whose world view doesn't align at all with that of most of the mods here. However, none of the mods here on the Shroomery believes in total anarchy. So perhaps that's a difference between you and the mods; that's possible.

I dont really about most of the mods in the Shroomery. They may be marvelous. I know that I have never had any trouble in the spiritual forums (and by the way, have you seen just how many posts i have DONE at these forums and the effort I have put in--check them out and you will see PAGES), and a few others, but the so-called Conspiracieis and Coer-ups is where it is very polocy--gatekeeperish--for those who have alternative views--for those who questions the official stories regarding 9/11 etc, and also questioning scientific materialism. God HELP you if you mentions UFOs in the affirmative. I witcnessed one guy who tried to VERY intelligently explore about one of the most interesting South African UFO cases of many school children witnessing UFOs and entities and he was threatened with being banned often and treated like shit!! He left totally disillusioned with the Shroomery. That is not cool!

Quote:

Well, thanks for the warning.

well its more than what people insulting me, breaking the rules, get. SOMEONE's gotta do it!

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15960410 - 03/17/12 05:42 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:

If I am supposed to have insulted another member and get banned without any warning, why is I can get insulted and when I complain not only am I told that it doesn't matter, but insult is added to injury by being privately insulted by the very mod I have originally complained to

Please tell me what is the POINT of rules if this kind of thing continues? Either HAVE no rules, which I personally would love, or treat ALL members equally, Can't you see what I mean...?

ok, so you insult people and are frequently not banned, others insult you
and are frequently not banned, you insult someone and you get banned, they
insult you and they get banned... where's the bias?

oh yeah, because you're all butthurt about it and you hit the notify mod
button a couple times per day because you want to stretch anything someone
says in some goatsesque fashion into an insult in order for them to be
banned... that makes you a bully that tries to use the mods as your muscle

Quote:

zzripz said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

evidence?

No that it is NOT evidence. That is you linking people to pages where I have contributed to discussions. It is not evidence of any breaking of rules.

it's evidence of you derailing threads as I had stated with your incessant
whining about how people should be banned because you say you feel insulted
even though you clearly stated that you flame people as well

where's the bias? do you believe you're the only one that's been banned
from that forum?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15960437 - 03/17/12 05:49 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
I debate how I debate, and that my nature and if I break a rule then I get a warning or a ban and if another person does they do too.

so you're saying that there is in fact no bias and you only started this thread to create drama

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: zzripz] * 2
    #15960536 - 03/17/12 06:19 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

I don't know man.  You seem to attack people all the time.  It seems like every time someone questions your conclusions you respond with some rant about the person's mental deficiencies or some "left/right brain indoctrination".

You should try discussing the issue rather than your irrelevant perceptions of the other person's personal qualities.

Quote:

zzripz said:

Ok, so you weren't happy.  That is irrelevant.  What is relevant is some clear evidence that inappropriate discrimination has occured, yet you don't provide anything to support such a position.

Quote:

k, so what?

Again, if there's some inappropriate or unequal treatment occuring here, your going to need to show that this is the case- bare conclusions aren't helpful.  If you want Pris to agree with you (or anyone else), you're going to need to make a convincing case, and that's going to require a clear argument premised on cited facts.

Quote:

zzripz said:

lol, so your saying YOUR a mod now? Where is the warning in your avatar? And whats with the ban records. Suddenly I feel in the arms of the law already? My ban record has nothing whatsoever to do with this discrepancy.

?  Your writing is pretty hard to follow.  If you want someone to look into this, your going to need to communicate clearly.  Honestly, I don't see what Koraks being a moderator or not has to do with anything.

OnlineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: johnm214]
    #15961217 - 03/17/12 08:47 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

:popcorn:

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Newbie] * 2
    #15962420 - 03/18/12 05:37 AM (12 years, 14 days ago)

This thread needs moar mods  :mod: . . . :peace:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Prisoner#1] * 1
    #15962501 - 03/18/12 06:41 AM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
that makes you a bully that tries to use the mods as your muscle

Yes, its pretty annoying.

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#15962536 - 03/18/12 07:07 AM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

ok, so you insult people and are frequently not banned,

SHOW this thread the evidence for what your accusing me of---not pages, but the actual insults your referring to which are supposed to have broken the rules?
You already previously banned me without any official warning for suggesting another member could be a shill (hasn't there been posts in that forum where you've been accused of being a shill? Why didn't you ban the person who started the thread and those who agreed?) and that the reason that they are not grasping what was being shown time and time again is most likely due to an education system that drills left-brain-thinking into us since being little. I didn't tell him he was a stupid fuck, I was trying to share honest feedback why he is not grasping what is being said and just kept coming back coming back over and over with the same questions and claiming I am imagining things. For that you banned me without warning. So to repeat--if you say I have insulted members and broke the rules show the ACTUAL text so we can see if it has broken the rules. Fair?

Quote:

2) others insult you
and are frequently not banned,

Like who? name me one person who has insulted me and even got a warning, never mind a ban?

Quote:

3) you insult someone and you get banned, they
insult you and they get banned... 4) where's the bias?

I don't really know what your talking about. Who has been banned who insulted me? Then I will let you know

Quote:

oh yeah, because you're all butthurt about it and you hit the notify mod
button a couple times per day because you want to stretch anything someone
says in some goatsesque fashion into an insult in order for them to be
banned... that makes you a bully that tries to use the mods as your muscle

I am not "butthurt", and I do not notify the moderator button twice a day. You are making this up for your audience. Tell me though, WHY do you have the mod button? Is it not part of the rules that if the rules are broken that a member has the right to contact the moderator and inform them about it and not expect firther abuse from the very moderator who should remain impartial? Look what has happened to me trying to do this, and you question me about bias, and call ME a bully?

Prisoner, you need to read and study this:

Quote:

The importance of maintaining impartiality during conflict resolution

An Online Community Manager needs to possess a strong grasp of communication skills to navigate the sometimes tortuous interactions they will have with their company’s customers.

When managing people on mass-user platforms such as forums, chat-rooms or within blog comments, you will have no doubt have witnessed two or more community members at each other’s throat, ultimately resulting in both sides pleading their case to you.

Whether negotiation, a stern word or a banning ends up being in order, you must be able to display impartiality, which is one of the more common aspects of the role of the moderator.

Easier said than done…

Of course, no-one is asking you to become an unfeeling automaton; we all have our own feelings and bias, but it is important to work in such a way that this bias is minimised in the period during which you consider how to resolve an issue between several members of your online community.

While it is impossible to be completely impartial, we can continually review what we think and feel about participants and the situation to maintain awareness of our natural inclination towards bias, and this is an important part of being an effective and fair moderator of online discussions.

It’s likely that if you have managed an online community for a while, you will get to know certain members more than others. There is a natural temptation to ‘take sides’ in an argument when we know one of the participants, but this will just entrench people into feelings of disillusionment and anger if this bias becomes apparent.

This leads to further problems in resolving clashes in your forum or chat-room later, in the worst case scenario losing you the respect you need from your members to successfully manage your community’s growth.
Try to rise above yourself and attain fairness

As a moderator, you may witness very unpleasant behaviour on the part of participants, much of which may go against your personal beliefs. Borderline racism, aggressive comments, anger, and ganging up will all occur and you need to be able to acknowledge your bias and avoid drawing conclusions before referring to your moderation guidelines and applying them. This will allow you to remain consistent in your behaviour and maintain the emotional distance required to be seen as fair and impartial.

Alternatively, you may see someone in your online community being victimised by others due to whatever personal trait others have taken offence to. This may be an incapacity to see their point of view, or poor spelling.

Due to this you would naturally feel protective towards the victim and deduce that others’ behaviour towards them is tantamount to bullying. However following this reasoning and castigating those being critical will lead to an escalation of the issue.
The right approach is often the hardest one

An impartial approach would be to support the victim in resolving the behaviour causing offence and reaching a compromise with those aggrieved, rather than allowing the issue to escalate and result in disciplinary action being taken, or encouraging the use of an “ignore” tool or advising others to cease communicating with the victim.

Attacking those reacting to the victim’s behaviour is more likely to lead to further attacks as they feel isolated in their opinions on suitable community behaviour, become defensive and take to baiting the victim or yourself. Then you will lose your impatiality fully as you come under attack and become much less effective, if at all, in resolving the dispute.

This example illustrates why impartiality is important to communicating effectively, by carefully considering our own prejudices and preconseptions. Our judgement may be affected by forum participants’ ability to spell or command of our native language, or we may be disturbed by chat-room members’ lifestyle.

Regardless of our biases, it is vital to apply decisions in when and how to enforce the moderation policy consistently and ensure our communication and fairness is effective and conscientious.

The bottom line is that you are the only person who can commit to taking stock of your personal views, assess whether they are affecting your judgement and taking action to rectify this in order to maintain your impartiality.

If you don’t do this, you have to accept you may be cultivating a clique rather than nurturing a community.

Have you been accused of not being impartial in your dealings with conflict in your online community?  How do you work towards being fair and consistent in your approach to conflict resolution? [source]

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#15962550 - 03/18/12 07:18 AM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

zzripz said:
I debate how I debate, and that my nature and if I break a rule then I get a warning or a ban and if another person does they do too.

so you're saying that there is in fact no bias and you only started this thread to create drama

No I am not saying that at all. I am saying that I am feeling you, and others who support your moderation, are trying to make out that the WAY I debate, or put ideas across is somehow insulting other members, and therefore breaking the rules, and I should be banned for it, but you are letting me off. But that is very easy to imagine IF my direct form of getting points across upsets them because my ideas challenge their ideas, and worldviews, and they dont like it. In that sense you and they can pretend that I am being 'insulting', and 'breaking the rules', but it is NOT breaking the rules at all. But if I openly call someone 'mentally ill and on drugs' or 'full of shit' and just troll with one sentences which do not contribute to the discussion then according to your list of rules that is breaking them, and they should receive an OPEN warning, and if persisting a ban---which is more than you decided for me a few weeks ago when out of the blue I got a pm telling me I was banned.
So the fact that up to now I have only seen you ban me for 'breaking the rules', very much yes I DID start this thread not for drama, but to point this out, and get it out into the open

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: johnm214]
    #15962589 - 03/18/12 07:48 AM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
I don't know man.  You seem to attack people all the time.  It seems like every time someone questions your conclusions you respond with some rant about the person's mental deficiencies or some "left/right brain indoctrination".

I also must point out johnm214 that the vibes I get from ALL your posts are threatening, and full of vitriol. backed up by the powers of your mod status. So it it is a bit rich to claim I attack people all the time when your whole manner seems to me in attack-mode, and provocative.

Look, an example: IF you are a teacher in a class and are again and again pointing out things and someone doesn't get it, and so you show other things and they still dont get it, but keep coming back what do you do? You begin to wonder WHY they dont get it. So, that is what I did, it is a very strong theory that our 'education' system is designed to indoctrinate people into leftbrain thinking. by saying this and wanting to bring this into a discussion, backed up by leading exponents who can provide ample proof of this, like John Taylor Gatto, who has an online book available exposing the education system. If I do that it is NOT insulting, but providing another dimension or level of inquiry into why some people feel they can grasp so-called conspiracy theory and others can't. BUT if I were to say to someone, you are a schizo and on drugs that is an INSULT for many reasons. For one how dare anyone presume that without even asking, and even if known you have no right to publically say it, but when that person did this and I protested it as against the rules I was told it wasn't an insult because it was about 'behaviour'. So this is arbitrary nonesense. A making up of the rules as you see fit and what suits your worldview.
If I speak to other members of the thread that another member is "full of shit" then that is an open attack, against the rules, and needs dealing with by an IMPARTIAL moderator--for the good of the Shroomery online community as a whole.

Quote:

You should try discussing the issue rather than your irrelevant perceptions of the other person's personal qualities.

Who are you to say my perceptions are irrelevant? And I was trying to discuss it. how else could I do it? You make out that the members I am trying to discuss with are angels and dont also have a derogotary manner in how they dismiss MY ideas, but you have nothing to lecture them about how to conduct themselves. I was told by the member that I must have some form of psychiatric disorder that makes me imagine I am seeing the patterns I am trying to discuss. I told him the said doctor was a Nazi, and hope he saw the irony lol. I have as much right to point that out as he has to suggest I am seeing things. But if I called HIM a 'fucking nazi dr lover' THAT is an insult.

Quote:

Ok, so you weren't happy.  That is irrelevant.  What is relevant is some clear evidence that inappropriate discrimination has occured, yet you don't provide anything to support such a position.

How do you know? The pm exchanges with prisoner does not include the original post I sent him regarding the insult--where I was said to be "full of shit". Now look, john234, IF I call YOU full of shit,and worse, dont even address you but tell other members I am, have I broken a rule according to your understanding of the rules?

Quote:

k, so what?

The attitude I expect now!

Quote:

Again, if there's some inappropriate or unequal treatment occuring here, your going to need to show that this is the case- bare conclusions aren't helpful.  If you want Pris to agree with you (or anyone else), you're going to need to make a convincing case, and that's going to require a clear argument premised on cited facts.

I was told I was "full of shit". That is breaking the rules. If not show me evidence why it's not?

Quote:

?  Your writing is pretty hard to follow.  If you want someone to look into this, your going to need to communicate clearly.  Honestly, I don't see what Koraks being a moderator or not has to do with anything.

I am clear and direct. Someone being a moderator has a LOT to do with things. As do their use of arbitrary rules.
Another example--when you banned, you also get a lecture that your conduct is being watched with further threats-----so, say I had called you, prisoner, or another member a shizo, on uppers who is full of shit? What would you do, jump to me defense...? I await your judgement!

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
    #15962608 - 03/18/12 08:00 AM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
I also must point out johnm214 that the vibes I get from ALL your posts are threatening, and full of vitriol. backed up by the powers of your mod status.

His posts were the same before he was a mod.

OfflineSomeGuy
I feel better now :)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: zzripz] * 7
    #15962610 - 03/18/12 08:01 AM (12 years, 14 days ago)

:facepalm3:

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
    #15962689 - 03/18/12 08:55 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
I was told I was "full of shit". That is breaking the rules. If not show me evidence why it's not?

First, I am the one that used that phrase in reference to you...and no, I did not say you were full of shit...despite the fact that I firmly believe that you are...

What I said was:
"You love to do that, however...someone makes an argument, and you post a few words and a long video, as if the video is somehow a self-explanatory support for your position....usually, the video is just some rehashed nonsense that has little or nothing to do with the topic.

Eventually, people realize that you're full of shit and give up on you..."

Now, I am NOT speaking for the moderators, and I do not set policy on this site...but...in my opinion, this isn't even close to flaming...This is a statement about the way in which you conduct yourself on the board and it's effect on people reading your posts...The next sentence, I try to give you some guidance on how to better make your point:

"If you have a logical argument...make it...If you don't, no one wants to see your videos."

Personally, I couldn't care less if you call me whatever name you want...I'm a big boy who has been called far worse by far smarter people...But, I understand that the site has rules.  I try to abide by those rules, but I'm sure that I have made a slip or two.  In the end, however, the tone of my posts to you have been set by your original tone.

As others have said on this thread, your tactics are consistent...you spew nonsense post after post.  You never back up anything you say with anything resembling evidence.  When someone calls you on it or presents evidence to rebut, you post non sequiturs...Eventually, someone starts to realize that you lack even the most fundamental skills of reasoning and points this out...then you cry for a few posts....Rinse...Repeat...

Having said all of the above, I would be more than happy to accept a ban for however long if the moderators of this site feel, having now read the post again, that my conduct was in violation of the rules.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15962696 - 03/18/12 08:58 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

ok, so you insult people and are frequently not banned,

SHOW this thread the evidence for what your accusing me of

you confessed to it in this thread

Quote:

Quote:

2) others insult you
and are frequently not banned,

Like who? name me one person who has insulted me and even got a warning, never mind a ban?

HeadTripVertigo - 45 day ban
Trypppy got himself a warning with this -
Trypppy said:
Hippy idiots. The government isn't out to get us, the leaders just aren't too bright sometimes.
greenthumb - warning
Seanfu = warning

maybe I did show some bias regarding HTV, that was a pretty long ban but to
be honest, I like the guy but he certainly knows better than to pull his
shit outside of OTD and it's not like the BOM isnt there to keep track of
all these infractions, of which you have quite a few for pulling the very
same crap in various forums. I'm one of several mods that have slapped your
hand for your crap, many have done so more than once

has it yet occurred to you that the moderation isnt the problem but in fact
you are; especially when you make statements such as "I dont like rules"
and then proceed to try and lecture anyone that opposes your view points on
the rules of the forum and demand they be repremanded when no rule was
broken other than your sensitivity was poked, thus derailing threads. has
it occurred to you that most people in the forum dont flame but that it
more often comes from the ones promoting conspiracy theories as gospel
because they dont like their beliefs questioned... has it occured to you
that just because we dont bring you on for consultation for every ban or
warning it doesnt mean that we arent reading the complaints and addressing
them appropriately including the hundreds that you've sent over the last
several months

Quote:

3) you insult someone and you get banned, they
insult you and they get banned... 4) where's the bias?

I don't really know what your talking about. Who has been banned who insulted me? Then I will let you know

Quote:

I am not "butthurt", and I do not notify the moderator button twice a day. You are making this up for your audience. Tell me though, WHY do you have the mod button? Is it not part of the rules that if the rules are broken that a member has the right to contact the moderator and inform them about it and not expect firther abuse from the very moderator who should remain impartial? Look what has happened to me trying to do this, and you question me about bias, and call ME a bully?

isnt this an example of you bullying someone with threats and stating
you've notified the mods while you, yourself break the very same rules you
demand that we enforce against others, do you not frequently threaten
people with statements that you'll 'go over their heads' for resolution or
hit the notify mod button every chance you get?
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15955804#15955804
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14580395#14580395

Quote:

Prisoner, you need to read and study this:

Quote:

The importance of maintaining impartiality during conflict resolution

are you targeting me and now bringing this to the WA&F for discussion for
someone to mediate, doesnt that mean, since I'm named in your post, the
very post in which you broke yet another rule of disclosing PMs in a public
forum, an offense in which I've nether complained about nor have I taken
the normal action against you which would be to ban you. why exactly am I
supposed to remain impartial when I'm the other party in this conflict

Quote:

Whether negotiation, a stern word or a banning ends up being in order, you must be able to display impartiality, which is one of the more common aspects of the role of the moderator.

I'm sure that if you did a poll of the users here that the mods and the
vast majority of users would say I'm one of the least biased mods on this
website... to me, it doesnt matter who you are or what your beliefs if you
break the rules I'll take appropriate action. if you come to me with a
legitimate complaint and present it in a respectful manner I have no qualms
about discussing the issue with you, I have overturned many of my own
actions when it was pointed out that the comments made were not as I'd
taken them but these cases were not PMs riddled with insults and threats
and they didnt come from people that constantly troll and disrupt forums
for their own personal vendetta against anyone something you've shown
yourself to be quite adept at

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15962749 - 03/18/12 09:30 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

zzripz said:

No I am not saying that at all. I am saying that I am feeling you, and others who support your moderation, are trying to make out that the WAY I debate, or put ideas across is somehow insulting other members, and therefore breaking the rules, and I should be banned for it, but you are letting me off.

but you've admitted that you're insulting to other members in this very
thread, and then you deny it and make this out as though there's some
moderator conspiracy against you. you damn your own case.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15959388#15959388
Quote:

zzripz said:

the rules are pretty clear, the very rules you say piss you off which to me
suggests you deliberately do not follow them and insult people, yet actions
were taken against you only twice in the nearly 2 years that you've been
posting in the forum

Quote:

But that is very easy to imagine IF my direct form of getting points across upsets them because my ideas challenge their ideas, and worldviews, and they dont like it. In that sense you and they can pretend that I am being 'insulting', and 'breaking the rules', but it is NOT breaking the rules at all. But if I openly call someone 'mentally ill and on drugs' or 'full of shit' and just troll with one sentences which do not contribute to the discussion then according to your list of rules that is breaking them, and they should receive an OPEN warning, and if persisting a ban---which is more than you decided for me a few weeks ago when out of the blue I got a pm telling me I was banned.

YOUR M.O. is to do exactly as you claim others are doing. I've received dozens of moderator notifications ABOUT YOU doing the 'insulting' yet when I read the post you'd made I certainly didnt see an insult, half the time the post had been edited by yourself, possibly because you knew how the statement could be taken and decided to tone it down and others that were not actually insults but someone playing the same petty games you play or I simply didnt see the statements as inflammatory and so no actions were taken AGAINST YOU. some of these notifications came from other moderators and I normally always disregard anything hurled at me directly by you and by others. I handle most of the notifications that you send in just the same manner because of the games you play, I've not warned you regarding abuse of the notification system where you decide you want to take personally any generalized statement about the 'movement' as a whole

Quote:

So the fact that up to now I have only seen you ban me for 'breaking the rules' very much yes I DID start this thread not for drama, but to point this out, and get it out into the open

could that be because you see only what you wish to see? could that
possibly be a bias on your part, nearly from your first post in the
conspiracies forum you've done all you could to push my buttons and
provoke a ban, how'd that work out, 2 infractions in 2 years? then
you want to cry about it and say you trying to create drama because
you seem to point it out regularly in the forum to anyone that will
listen, something they seem to tire of pretty quickly

bias? seriously?

Quote:

zzripz said:
prisoner, I have already reported YOU. We shall await the outcome. If it happens I get banned you will still be abusing your moderator powers, and favouring the group you share your sorry worldview with and allowing them to flout the rules but not anyone else you dont agree with. You little Hitler you.

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Prisoner#1] * 10
    #15962835 - 03/18/12 10:11 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Damn is this the kind of shit mods have to deal with on a regular basis? Y'all have the patience of saints, I swear. Let me know if you need someone to lock this thread.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Ythan]
    #15962892 - 03/18/12 10:32 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

it's cool Y... we use copious quantities of drugs in order to cope, hell,
we dont even realize we're dealing with anything anymore

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Enlil]
    #15963102 - 03/18/12 11:55 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:

First, I am the one that used that phrase in reference to you...and no, I did not say you were full of shit...despite the fact that I firmly believe that you are...

What I said was:
"You love to do that, however...someone makes an argument, and you post a few words and a long video, as if the video is somehow a self-explanatory support for your position....usually, the video is just some rehashed nonsense that has little or nothing to do with the topic.

Eventually, people realize that you're full of shit and give up on you..."

there you just said I am full of shit. And please mate, dont make out I just post videos. I am betting I have typed far more words than most of the participants in my long thread and countless other threads and posts than most people. may members I have seen post one-liners, and am image. I TRY and create serious exploration and give much effort to doing so.
IF you and others here, of your mindset, are so denigrating about videos I suggest you have a protest o the management to have posting vids banned. How come they aint? Do you THINK it could be because it adds deeper dimension to knowledge. may intelligent people think so but not you. I have no problems with viewing vids people post. I like to try and understand what is being said.
Quote:

Now, I am NOT speaking for the moderators, and I do not set policy on this site...but...in my opinion, this isn't even close to flaming...This is a statement about the way in which you conduct yourself on the board and it's effect on people reading your posts...The next sentence, I try to give you some guidance on how to better make your point:

"If you have a logical argument...make it...If you don't, no one wants to see your videos."

Of course it was flaming, and meant to provoke and that is against the rules as I have said now many times in this thread. otherwise dont HAVE rules.

Quote:

Personally, I couldn't care less if you call me whatever name you want...I'm a big boy who has been called far worse by far smarter people...But, I understand that the site has rules.  I try to abide by those rules, but I'm sure that I have made a slip or two.  In the end, however, the tone of my posts to you have been set by your original tone.

And I promise you you would get it, but it is not cool to do so when there is arbitrary interpretation of rules, and mods favorites because they conform to the mods own worldview. Tell me now, when was the last time prisoner disagreed with a view of yours...............?
And when have i called YOU full of shit? And I cant remember but was it you who said I must be 'schizophrenic and on drugs'? was it it you?
Quote:

As others have said on this thread, your tactics are consistent...you spew nonsense post after post.  You never back up anything you say with anything resembling evidence.  When someone calls you on it or presents evidence to rebut, you post non sequiturs...Eventually, someone starts to realize that you lack even the most fundamental skills of reasoning and points this out...then you cry for a few posts....Rinse...Repeat...

This is all your interpretation. Of course your going to claim that because you cling like dear fuck to your own worldview which YOU never ever provide any back  up for. I cant remember ANY articles or videos or anything from you--just words words words that dont really mean much. Just 'I dont agree with you--your crazy'. That level.
Watch you ignore stuff I ask. Like when was the last time did prisoner disagree with your ever-so radical views? i BET you ignore this question lol

Quote:

Having said all of the above, I would be more than happy to accept a ban for however long if the moderators of this site feel, having now read the post again, that my conduct was in violation of the rules.

But apart from claiming I am full of shit just WHAT would they ban you for? You totally conform to what they believe!

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#15963225 - 03/18/12 12:32 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

SHOW this thread the evidence for what your accusing me of

you confessed to it in this thread

Where? Do you mean where I said 'I am no angel and I can insult too'? I didn't MEAN here. I meant that if there are no rules I can easily call you or someone else full of shit and worse. I am not afraid to use that attitude. But what is not FAIR is when other can and you are banned for doing much less, and trying to intelligently introduce different ways of thinking into the discussion

Quote:

HeadTripVertigo - 45 day ban
Trypppy got himself a warning with this -
Trypppy said:
Hippy idiots. The government isn't out to get us, the leaders just aren't too bright sometimes.
greenthumb - warning
Seanfu = warning

maybe I did show some bias regarding HTV, that was a pretty long ban but to
be honest, I like the guy but he certainly knows better than to pull his
shit outside of OTD and it's not like the BOM isnt there to keep track of
all these infractions, of which you have quite a few for pulling the very
same crap in various forums. I'm one of several mods that have slapped your
hand for your crap, many have done so more than once

I dont know these members, but banning him for saying little old that...?
Quote:

has it yet occurred to you that the moderation isnt the problem but in fact
you are; especially when you make statements such as "I dont like rules"
and then proceed to try and lecture anyone that opposes your view points on
the rules of the forum and demand they be repremanded when no rule was
broken other than your sensitivity was poked, thus derailing threads.

Can you not differentiate mr prisoner? I confess I do not like rules. How-everrrr, I real-ize that at the Chroomery there are rules, true? So I will not suddenly start telling someone they are full of shit or schizo, or a dumb fuck---because that IS insulting isn't it? otherwise what do you rules even mean? makes no sense, and is just left open to your capriciousness.

Quote:

has
it occurred to you that most people in the forum dont flame but that it
more often comes from the ones promoting conspiracy theories as gospel
because they dont like their beliefs questioned... has it occured to you
that just because we dont bring you on for consultation for every ban or
warning it doesnt mean that we arent reading the complaints and addressing
them appropriately including the hundreds that you've sent over the last
several months

Has it occurred to you that most people in the forum don't flame but that it more often comes from ones blindly promoting the official 9/11 story as gospel and hate it when their beliefs are questions? And I am not sure about your next bit--what you saying, that you read when I complin someone has insulted me but take no action? Well I know that. And I have not sent HUNDREDS, again this is just for the audience--show the 'hundreds ' I have sent? Evidence?

Quote:

isnt this an example of you bullying someone with threats and stating
you've notified the mods while you, yourself break the very same rules you
demand that we enforce against others, do you not frequently threaten
people with statements that you'll 'go over their heads' for resolution or
hit the notify mod button every chance you get?
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15955804#15955804
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14580395#14580395

I have a right if another member insults me/falmes me to threaten them I will report them. In reality this is YOUR job. In many well-run forums the mods will issue red-text warnings openly in the thread to ANY participant who abuses the rules. This can only be better than the system run here which encourages the members--usually the ONLY ones frequenting the thread against their antagonist--who hide behind you because their worldview is shared by you, and so they then believe they can say whatever they want and get away with it. Cant you see this? It is abc.

Quote:

are you targeting me and now bringing this to the WA&F for discussion for
someone to mediate, doesnt that mean, since I'm named in your post, the
very post in which you broke yet another rule of disclosing PMs in a public
forum, an offense in which I've nether complained about nor have I taken
the normal action against you which would be to ban you. why exactly am I
supposed to remain impartial when I'm the other party in this conflict

So now your reminding ME of the rule>? All of a sudden a rule exists, already. I wasn't aware of that, but felt impelled to do so because of your disrespectful attitude, and what I see as bias. Even though I spoke my mind to you, I did not overstep the mark and call YOu a bitch etc etc. That is out of order, and you as moderator should realize that.

Quote:

I'm sure that if you did a poll of the users here that the mods and the
vast majority of users would say I'm one of the least biased mods on this
website... to me, it doesnt matter who you are or what your beliefs if you
break the rules I'll take appropriate action.

But I am afraid that --in the circumstances--is just words, because you haven't done that. You have let known to others that another member suggesting I am full of shit and should be ostracized from participating in at these forums is NOT flaming. Not doing so is inciting more of the same behaviour, and discriminating from other who have an alternative view. I have seen again and again members here who think differently than you and the members who think like you get ganged up on, and just leave the thread exasperated.

Quote:

if you come to me with a
legitimate complaint and present it in a respectful manner I have no qualms
about discussing the issue with you, I have overturned many of my own
actions when it was pointed out that the comments made were not as I'd
taken them but these cases were not PMs riddled with insults and threats
and they didnt come from people that constantly troll and disrupt forums
for their own personal vendetta against anyone something you've shown
yourself to be quite adept at

I am not on my own in these views, here you go:

Moderators abusing their powers
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13699187/fpart/1/vc/1

Prisoner#1 & Censorship of News

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/12059185#12059185
and then you go and LOCK the thread.

This one made me laugh!

The Official Petition: Should Prisoner#1 be a moderator? (and I swear it wasn't me lol)
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11726038#11726038

InvisibleKid_Orgo
 User Gallery

Loc: Hale-Bopp
    #15963278 - 03/18/12 12:51 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

We have been through this before and will doubtless be going through it again in a couple months.

Remember this?

Zzripz, it looks like the only acceptable outcome of this discussion for you is "everyone sees it exactly as I do."

It's clear to me you're going to stay up there on that cross no matter what anyone says or shows you, interpret any disagreement with your views as a personal attack, and any mod/admin action against your conduct as persecution.

Maybe Prisoner can find a couple of examples of people who disagreed with him respectfully not getting banned (hint: there are countless examples, my guess is that Prisoner loves to argue) so you can angrily dismiss that evidence and allege something else.

--------------------
He was a cowboy in one of the seven days a week fights. No business, no hangout; no friends, nothing; just what you pick up and what you need.

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #15963661 - 03/18/12 02:47 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Edited by HarveyWalbanger (03/18/12 03:23 PM)

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15963795 - 03/18/12 03:32 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
But apart from claiming I am full of shit just WHAT would they ban you for? You totally conform to what they believe!

You really think so?  I have made many more enemies than friends on this site by being an outspoken opponent of full legalization of drugs...I'm not sure that the moderators on this site agree with me at all...I know of at least two who have openly told me that they disagree with me...and yet...I have zero points in the banomatic...Where's the bias?

The real question is...If you hate rules...and you hate the way the rules are enforced on this site...Why do you stay?  Is it really that important to rage against the evil shroomery machine?  Is it worth all of the time and energy you put into it? 

You make use of a large, comprehensive site with tons of content FOR FREE...if you don't like it, leave...If you like the free site, then do your part to be a positive part of the community...right now, you're pissing and moaning about nothing.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15963804 - 03/18/12 03:36 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Tell me now, when was the last time prisoner disagreed with a view of yours...............?

how many times have I even responded to him

what does that matter in the slightest, I banned someone for 45 days that I do agree with

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15963859 - 03/18/12 03:56 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
I am not on my own in these views, here you go:

of course not, lots of people get teh butthertz
Quote:

Moderators abusing their powers
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13699187/fpart/1/vc/1

Anonymous #8 makes a pretty solid point, anon#11 as well, several others do
also... seems there's a couple that have sore butts from getting owned in
discussions. is it my fault that most folks dont know what they're talking
about... kinda like you, using that thread as some kind of proof. maybe you should read that thread again... it's lulzy and informative

being the anon forum, it's possible that even I could have started that one
Quote:

Prisoner#1 & Censorship of News
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/12059185#12059185
and then you go and LOCK the thread.

ah yes, pookums... the copy/pasta masta, the king of spam.

Quote:

This one made me laugh!

The Official Petition: Should Prisoner#1 be a moderator? (and I swear it wasn't me lol)
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11726038#11726038

makes me lol too because there's nothing there

you know you could have found any of the other hundred butthurt polls or even made one yourself

here, I'll do it for you
Should Prisoner#1 be demoded if for no other reason than talking in 3rd person?
You may choose only one
Is pris a fair or biased moderator
You may choose only one
should zzripz be buttraped bya rabid penguin
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (03/18/12 03:55 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#15963935 - 03/18/12 04:21 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

Quote:

zzripz said:

No, as usual your twisting things to suit yourself. Like I told you in previous post, I did not mean I insult people here in these threads, but that in other walks of life I am no angel, and believe it or not have called people full of shit. yeah? But NOT in this thread I am referring to. Someone did that to ME which is a flame and against the rules you have set up. Is this clear? So twice I have contacted a moderator about being personally attacked and twice patronized that I haven't been. So what is the POINT of rules then if they dont apply to everyone. Answer this? If your argument is it depends on the mood your in then that is not fair because people, especially me, do not know where they stand.

Quote:

the rules are pretty clear, the very rules you say piss you off which to me
suggests you deliberately do not follow them and insult people, yet actions
were taken against you only twice in the nearly 2 years that you've been
posting in the forum

See this is your bias in action for anyone with a modicul of savvy to see. I am the one who compalined to you about being insulted and now you lie and say I insult everyone. So wheres the evidence? Where have I sad, for example, in my long thread, another member is full of shit, or 'schizophrenic' and on drugs?

Quote:

YOUR M.O. is to do exactly as you claim others are doing. I've received dozens of moderator notifications ABOUT YOU doing the 'insulting' yet when I read the post you'd made I certainly didnt see an insult, half the time the post had been edited by yourself, possibly because you knew how the statement could be taken and decided to tone it down and others that were not actually insults but someone playing the same petty games you play or I simply didnt see the statements as inflammatory and so no actions were taken AGAINST YOU. some of these notifications came from other moderators and I normally always disregard anything hurled at me directly by you and by others. I handle most of the notifications that you send in just the same manner because of the games you play, I've not warned you regarding abuse of the notification system where you decide you want to take personally any generalized statement about the 'movement' as a whole

I dont play games. I try and be fair and direct. It is good to know that you see through the empty complaints about me which are really them being pissed off I will challenge them their worldviews.

Quote:

could that be because you see only what you wish to see? could that
possibly be a bias on your part, nearly from your first post in the
conspiracies forum you've done all you could to push my buttons and
provoke a ban, how'd that work out, 2 infractions in 2 years? then
you want to cry about it and say you trying to create drama because
you seem to point it out regularly in the forum to anyone that will
listen, something they seem to tire of pretty quickly

bias? seriously?

What does 'push your buttons' mean though. Show me--the text--where I have openly attacked you like the two complaints I have mentioned? have I said you were full of shit, or schizophrenic and on drugs and that other members should ignore you?
I am not crying about it, and am as cool as a cucumber, I just do not like unfairness. On one hand you outright ban me for wondering if a member who will not get what I am talking about (which others do) could be a shill, and then suggest the 'education' system pushes left-brain thinking, and he could be overly -rational. What is the difference between that and him right straght off when he came quoting some Nazi doctor saying that I am imagining what I research. What is the difference? But for that I got an angry pm from you and a 6 day ban. So it is not crying. I have a right as a person who frequents the Shroomery to question your bias.

Quote:

zzripz said:
prisoner, I have already reported YOU. We shall await the outcome. If it happens I get banned you will still be abusing your moderator powers, and favouring the group you share your sorry worldview with and allowing them to flout the rules but not anyone else you dont agree with. You little Hitler you.

Well it is true--there SHOULD be a place where people can go to in the Shroomery with an overlooker who is not INVOLVED with the discussion etc, and look at the situation impartially. I believe there was something like that in the past and it got binned?
Are you suggesting that abuse of moderator powers never happen?

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Kid_Orgo]
    #15963974 - 03/18/12 04:32 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Kid_Orgo said:
We have been through this before and will doubtless be going through it again in a couple months.

Remember this?

Zzripz, it looks like the only acceptable outcome of this discussion for you is "everyone sees it exactly as I do."

It's clear to me you're going to stay up there on that cross no matter what anyone says or shows you, interpret any disagreement with your views as a personal attack, and any mod/admin action against your conduct as persecution.

Maybe Prisoner can find a couple of examples of people who disagreed with him respectfully not getting banned (hint: there are countless examples, my guess is that Prisoner loves to argue) so you can angrily dismiss that evidence and allege something else.

yes, I think I did that post soon after someone tried to discuss about the South African UFO/alien encounter at a school and got the ganged-up on and threats treatment.
Look, WHY does someone volunteer for this. Do you think I hear a violin because they get no dosh. What about the attraction of POWER. What about having access to a button you can press to shut someone the fuck up, but only when you feels like it because you interpret the rules how you see fit and if someone complains about bias they  are a whining bitch, butt hurt, crying, moaning, on a cross, etc?

There is a good reason to have a rule NOT to provoke others, because as we know there can happen flame wars. But ahaaaaaa, IF the one doing the flaming shares the moderator's (se one wid de eject button)political and philosophical worldview....? Feel me? No? yes?

InvisibleKid_Orgo
 User Gallery

#15963985 - 03/18/12 04:36 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Well it is true--there SHOULD be a place where people can go to in the Shroomery with an overlooker who is not INVOLVED with the discussion etc, and look at the situation impartially. I believe there was something like that in the past and it got binned?

The support ticket system already exists. That is how you contact the owner/administrators of the site who have no interest in whatever disagreement you have. Don't like their answer? Go to another site, start your own, whatever. This isn't a democracy, this is a site owned by a person and administered by his employees.

The moderators are only here because they (the administration) thought we were good enough to moderate people without agreeing with them and do so in good faith.

Re-read the post I linked to you, Ythan took the time to answer your identical complaint in detail.

How many people have to explain this to you?

--------------------
He was a cowboy in one of the seven days a week fights. No business, no hangout; no friends, nothing; just what you pick up and what you need.

InvisibleKid_Orgo
 User Gallery

#15963999 - 03/18/12 04:42 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Look, WHY does someone volunteer for this. Do you think I hear a violin because they get no dosh.

For at least the second time (I know it got explained at least once in the thread I linked).

No one asks to be a moderator. We get chosen, and then we stay until we get sick of it.

It is a job I do for free because the shroomery was there for me when I was young and alone trying to find myself through chemicals. I do this work in spite of people like you, whose complaints fill my inbox.

The vast majority of the userbase has zero ban-points, participates without breaking rules, and is apologetic and courteous when reprimanded for occasional slips. We spend almost all of our time, however, replying to people that open up with personal insults and are immediately convinced that they are the subject of a personal vendetta whenever they commit some obvious breach of the rules.

The suggestion that I'm here because I like lording it over the users is insulting and ridiculous. People like you are a chore to me. This shit robs me of whatever joy I get from helping the community I love.

--------------------

Offlinevvitchdoctor
El Duderino
Male

#15964005 - 03/18/12 04:44 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

:hugitout: wow.  I dunno how your people treat you, but I just clicked on this because it looked interesting.  I have known people who talk like you before - never consider the other side, always demand that everyone see your side of the situation.  The claim that you are a fair, biased person is as contradictory as any of your other claims - you hate rules, but you expect everyone else to follow them according to your interpretation.

I started to read this thread as a way to relax, but found it reminding me of so many people I can't stand and who drove everyone else away from them.  The guy that gets involved in something because other people are doing it, only to trash any enjoyment those others were getting about it because it all had to be about THEM.  It just gets tired, after a while.  I just wonder this - if you had other people to talk to, other people who accepted you as a real person, would you be so uptight here?  If you didn't fit in, like you so obviously don't, in the threads you (and others) have listed here as reference material - then why do you keep coming back?

Is there no one in the RW that is there to listen to you?  is this your last chance?  If that is the case, you might want to consider that you are the common denominator in all of these conflicts.  If people, plural, were taking your side, then you might have a case for it.  You seem to have that not so rare ability to alienate everyone that reads your work.  It sucks, having that as a superpower.  everyone here is being much nicer than they would be in RL, I think. 

I am pretty sure MyShroomery2.com is an available domain... bing wasn't able to find anything about it.  Domains are cheap, if you set it up, as the saying goes, they will come.  'course, if they stay or not depends on you.

Good luck, in whatever you do.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15964101 - 03/18/12 05:14 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

Quote:

zzripz said:

No, as usual your twisting things to suit yourself.

they are your words, not mine. how can I twist what you've said

Quote:

here SHOULD be a place where people can go to in the Shroomery with an overlooker who is not INVOLVED with the discussion etc, and look at the situation impartially. I believe there was something like that in the past and it got binned?

and it's not as though you havent taken that approach, went to the admins,
laid out  your case, the admins looked into it and found that you were
trying to provoke me into taking disciplinary action against you while I
remained level headed and unbiased, their finding was that you derailed a
thread, didnt like being called on it or having your beliefs questioned.
any mod can look into the BOM and verify this

in the words of the cranky texan from OTD, this aint your first rodeo

Quote:

where have I suggested this? where have I suggested anything other than my
behavior and your own in relation to your claims of bias and abuse of power

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: vvitchdoctor]
    #15964259 - 03/18/12 06:00 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

i didn't read this thread much but, god damn OP you should chill.
If you can't argue and be angry in 2 paragraphs or less its probably not worth it.

--------------------

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#15966084 - 03/19/12 03:34 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Kid_Orgo said:
Quote:

zzripz said:

The support ticket system already exists. That is how you contact the owner/administrators of the site who have no interest in whatever disagreement you have. Don't like their answer? Go to another site, start your own, whatever. This isn't a democracy, this is a site owned by a person and administered by his employees.

The moderators are only here because they (the administration) thought we were good enough to moderate people without agreeing with them and do so in good faith.

Re-read the post I linked to you, Ythan took the time to answer your identical complaint in detail.

How many people have to explain this to you?

HOW many times do I have to explain your rules to YOU?

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#15966094 - 03/19/12 03:41 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Kid_Orgo said:

For at least the second time (I know it got explained at least once in the thread I linked).

No one asks to be a moderator. We get chosen, and then we stay until we get sick of it.

It is a job I do for free because the shroomery was there for me when I was young and alone trying to find myself through chemicals. I do this work in spite of people like you, whose complaints fill my inbox.

MY complaints fill your box. PROVE it. Show the evidence om my complaints, you have my permission.
Quote:

The vast majority of the userbase has zero ban-points, participates without breaking rules, and is apologetic and courteous when reprimanded for occasional slips. We spend almost all of our time, however, replying to people that open up with personal insults and are immediately convinced that they are the subject of a personal vendetta whenever they commit some obvious breach of the rules.

Well I am not feeling your 'courteous' I am afraid but a disrespectful tone. I have not said I am a victim of a personal vendetta. I have read the rules of the thread, and BELIEVED that reporting them would get the person doing then not justified but warned, like I was BANNED for what WAS interpreted by prisoner as 'breaking the rules'.

Quote:

The suggestion that I'm here because I like lording it over the users is insulting and ridiculous. People like you are a chore to me. This shit robs me of whatever joy I get from helping the community I love.

I wasn't talking about you. I dont even know who you are. I didn't even know you were a moderator. What is this 'people like you' theme you have about me?? I am not even asking you for your opinion. And you are obviously enjoying stirring things up, and provoking.

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Ythan]
    #15966104 - 03/19/12 03:48 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

i fucking love this thread.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: vvitchdoctor]
    #15966105 - 03/19/12 03:49 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

vvitchdoctor said:
:hugitout: wow.  I dunno how your people treat you, but I just clicked on this because it looked interesting.  I have known people who talk like you before - never consider the other side, always demand that everyone see your side of the situation.  The claim that you are a fair, biased person is as contradictory as any of your other claims - you hate rules, but you expect everyone else to follow them according to your interpretation.

I started to read this thread as a way to relax, but found it reminding me of so many people I can't stand and who drove everyone else away from them.  The guy that gets involved in something because other people are doing it, only to trash any enjoyment those others were getting about it because it all had to be about THEM.  It just gets tired, after a while.  I just wonder this - if you had other people to talk to, other people who accepted you as a real person, would you be so uptight here?  If you didn't fit in, like you so obviously don't, in the threads you (and others) have listed here as reference material - then why do you keep coming back?

Is there no one in the RW that is there to listen to you?  is this your last chance?  If that is the case, you might want to consider that you are the common denominator in all of these conflicts.  If people, plural, were taking your side, then you might have a case for it.  You seem to have that not so rare ability to alienate everyone that reads your work.  It sucks, having that as a superpower.  everyone here is being much nicer than they would be in RL, I think. 

I am pretty sure MyShroomery2.com is an available domain... bing wasn't able to find anything about it.  Domains are cheap, if you set it up, as the saying goes, they will come.  'course, if they stay or not depends on you.

Good luck, in whatever you do.

What the hell are you talking about...? Seriously. You have no idea about me but come here and conform to the group here. I have no respect for that and don't appreciate it. You are just trying to stick your oar in for your own self-righteous entertainment. maybe YOu chould look at YOUR self dude. I am fine.

I have as much right to be a member of the chroomery as anyone else, and I have contributed a lot of posts and been thanked for it by people both publically and privately.
I am questioning the bias rule system, which I also have a right to, and if you dont agree, fine, but please spare me your phony diagnosis, and advice.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: zzripz] * 3
    #15966110 - 03/19/12 03:51 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Dude, op, let it go man. What are you really trying to accomplish in this thread at this point? You're not really doing anything except making yourself look worse.

I could wade into the debate here, but that would just pointlessly prolong this even further... Oh what the hell, Pris is right, you're wrong, and you don't understand how moderating a forum works.

:themoreyouknow:

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#15966119 - 03/19/12 03:56 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

So now I have to explain what twisting another's words means? Even after doing so last time? Sounds like one of our 'discussion'. It means dear boy that you are using my words out of the context I meant them. Saying I dont like rules, and have insulted people in the past, and am no angel does NOT mean I do it here. If so I have asked you to find where I have called any one a cunt, full of shit, a schizophrenic who must be on drugs. If you cant do it then it means your twisting my words to mean other than I intended them to mean. Is this clearer?

Quote:

to what case do you refer?

Quote:

You know if someone had just said to me in an adult understanding way. yes it was wrong for him to call you full of shit, and it DID break the rules, then that I would have respected that reponse far more than all this endless twaddle trying to justify yourselves that you can never be wrong.

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: teamkiller]
    #15966124 - 03/19/12 03:58 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

teamkiller said:
If you can't argue and be angry in 2 paragraphs or less its probably not worth it.

it is called standing up for your self sweetheart. maybe one day it might be you, and I suppose you would welcome support rather than even MORE conformists to authority chipping in.

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #15966127 - 03/19/12 03:59 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:

LOL

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

#15966157 - 03/19/12 04:35 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Quote:

teamkiller said:

it is called standing up for your self sweetheart. maybe one day it might be you, and I suppose you would welcome support rather than even MORE conformists to authority chipping in.

I just read this thread a little sweetheart.
A) you have previous warnings for the same infraction.  If someone says shit to you and doesn't get in trouble for it, they probably don't have infractions on their account

b) your biggest problem is you assume the mods are supposed to be fair.  They're supposed to keep the peace.  uhm, fix your broken assumptions and the way of the forum may make more sense to you.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15966182 - 03/19/12 05:10 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
I have as much right to be a member of the chroomery as anyone else,

This is true...of course NO ONE here has a RIGHT to be a member of the shroomery...You're using the site for free at the discretion of the site's owner, just like the rest of us.  This site is as the owner intends it to be.  If it means that you don't get treated the way you think you should, then you're welcome to leave...The owner of this site owes you nothing.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: nooneman]
    #15966218 - 03/19/12 05:39 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
Dude, op, let it go man. What are you really trying to accomplish in this thread at this point? You're not really doing anything except making yourself look worse.

I could wade into the debate here, but that would just pointlessly prolong this even further... Oh what the hell, Pris is right, you're wrong, and you don't understand how moderating a forum works.

:themoreyouknow:

Why does it even bother you...?

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: vinsue]
    #15966222 - 03/19/12 05:42 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

vinsue said:
This thread needs moar mods  :mod:
Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:

.  Slothie, you should chime in on this thread again ... Needs moar Mods (only 7 so far).
Quote:

Ythan said:
Damn is this the kind of shit mods have to deal with on a regular basis? Y'all have the patience of saints, I swear. Let me know if you need someone to lock this thread.

*EDIT* . and needs moar admins... WS??, Geo , Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss,(did I miss anybobdy) ? :waits: . . . :peace:

...and OP :wtf: time for a :chillpill: and a :hug: ...:shrug: . . . :peace:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#15966223 - 03/19/12 05:43 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

zzripz said:

This is true...of course NO ONE here has a RIGHT to be a member of the shroomery...You're using the site for free at the discretion of the site's owner, just like the rest of us.  This site is as the owner intends it to be.  If it means that you don't get treated the way you think you should, then you're welcome to leave...The owner of this site owes you nothing.

Stop contradicting everything I say--as per usual. Anyone would think your gettin paid for it. I repeat, I have as much right to use this site as you or anyone, and to raise objections to what I believe is bias as I see fit.
You have no worries because you just conform to what the moderator believes in. Plain sailing for you huh? I bet you may even get a gold star:evil:

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15966264 - 03/19/12 06:20 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

zzripz said:

Stop contradicting everything I say--as per usual. Anyone would think your gettin paid for it. I repeat, I have as much right to use this site as you or anyone, and to raise objections to what I believe is bias as I see fit.
You have no worries because you just conform to what the moderator believes in. Plain sailing for you huh? I bet you may even get a gold star:evil:

That's your argument?  "Don't contradict everything I say"??? That's precisely the modus operandi that has led you to this point.  What you fail to understand is that discussions often expose contradictory ways of seeing things...that is the point of the forums here.  If everyone agreed, it would be a pretty boring site.

If you presented your ideas in an orderly fashion with support, you would be taken more seriously and respected for it....instead, people read what you post and see nothing but wild conjecture...People don't respect that...eventually, if you do it enough...people don't respect you.

What you call "conforming" is making logical arguments.  I don't agree with most of the moderators on this forum, nor do I agree with most of the users of this forum...but I support my positions with logic and data...That tends to avoid things getting personal...Attack my logic or my data, and you don't have to attack me.

You argue from a personal standpoint...everything you say is supposed to be given respect because you call it an "investigation."  When people counter your statements with facts or data, you attack the source of the facts or data as being biased or "paid disinformation agents"...When someone accepts the conventional wisdom, they're suffering from "cognitive dissonance."

I DID present the theory that perhaps you had high levels of dopamine or suffered from schizophrenia...But I didn't do this as a counter to your argument...I did this as a reaction to a long series of posts wherein you continued to claim to see things that the rest of the people on the thread didn't see.  I even went so far as to concede that your dopamine levels might be revealing something to you that exists outside of my perception...That is neither an ad hominem attack nor a flame...

Finally, your credibility will be determined by your ability to present ideas for which you have a logical reason to believe accurate.  So far, you have only presented ideas for which you have no support...you've proven yourself to be someone so gullible that you'll believe anything.  As a result, people do not take you seriously.  You hurt your credibility more when you seek moderator protection for the slightest of attacks on that credibility.

Pro tip:  If you want to be respected and taken seriously on this site, on any other site, or in real life, present your ideas logically and with evidentiary support.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleKid_Orgo
 User Gallery

#15966314 - 03/19/12 07:07 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

It's like you're just skimming people's responses and responding to what you think every tenth word means.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15966359 - 03/19/12 07:43 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:

so far the rabid buttrape penguins are winning

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#15966371 - 03/19/12 07:48 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:

That's your argument?  "Don't contradict everything I say"??? That's precisely the modus operandi that has led you to this point.  What you fail to understand is that discussions often expose contradictory ways of seeing things...that is the point of the forums here.  If everyone agreed, it would be a pretty boring site.

If you presented your ideas in an orderly fashion with support, you would be taken more seriously and respected for it....instead, people read what you post and see nothing but wild conjecture...People don't respect that...eventually, if you do it enough...people don't respect you.

What you call "conforming" is making logical arguments.  I don't agree with most of the moderators on this forum, nor do I agree with most of the users of this forum...but I support my positions with logic and data...That tends to avoid things getting personal...Attack my logic or my data, and you don't have to attack me.

You argue from a personal standpoint...everything you say is supposed to be given respect because you call it an "investigation."  When people counter your statements with facts or data, you attack the source of the facts or data as being biased or "paid disinformation agents"...When someone accepts the conventional wisdom, they're suffering from "cognitive dissonance."

I DID present the theory that perhaps you had high levels of dopamine or suffered from schizophrenia...But I didn't do this as a counter to your argument...I did this as a reaction to a long series of posts wherein you continued to claim to see things that the rest of the people on the thread didn't see.  I even went so far as to concede that your dopamine levels might be revealing something to you that exists outside of my perception...That is neither an ad hominem attack nor a flame...

Finally, your credibility will be determined by your ability to present ideas for which you have a logical reason to believe accurate.  So far, you have only presented ideas for which you have no support...you've proven yourself to be someone so gullible that you'll believe anything.  As a result, people do not take you seriously.  You hurt your credibility more when you seek moderator protection for the slightest of attacks on that credibility.

Pro tip:  If you want to be respected and taken seriously on this site, on any other site, or in real life, present your ideas logically and with evidentiary support.

Enlil. This thread is not about a discussion of my debating skills or lack thereof or how 'superior' yours are. It is about another member --in this case yourself--breaking the rules, me complaining and then complaining bias at a Shroomery forum. Just thought I'd let you know.

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#15966378 - 03/19/12 07:51 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Kid_Orgo said:
It's like you're just skimming people's responses and responding to what you think every tenth word means.

it's more like the very gist of what I began this thread about, and have explained overandoverandover again is not collectively understood by the other members and moderators replying.

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#15966381 - 03/19/12 07:52 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:

Only a part of that sentence is correct.

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15966402 - 03/19/12 08:00 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Enlil. This thread is not about a discussion of my debating skills or lack thereof or how 'superior' yours are. It is about another member --in this case yourself--breaking the rules, me complaining and then complaining bias at a Shroomery forum. Just thought I'd let you know.

You said you were disrespected...I was simply pointing out why people don't respect you.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#15966405 - 03/19/12 08:00 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Bias bans

Quote:

In the past, banning with BIAS, then allowing the person back, to post again, has caused a LOT of drama. Although, it is popular to blame the person who breaks no rules... for the drama.

I see nothings changed then?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15966504 - 03/19/12 08:44 AM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

So now I have to explain what twisting another's words means? Even after doing so last time?

you didnt explain anything, you just claimed that a direct quote of of your words, exactly as you posted it was twisting your words

It means dear boy that you are using my words out of the context I meant them. Saying I dont like rules, and have insulted people in the past, and am no angel does NOT mean I do it here.

but by your definition, you do it here, I've received numerous notifications
from other users that decided to hit the button because they felt that you
flamed them. if you meant the words one way then why would you claim them
as another, we arent all mind readers so all we can go by is what you've
typed out and are now claiming you meant something different even though
you didnt clearly state your case as 'I dont do this shit here', even
though you do that here quite frequently starting with the dozens of times
you've called people that disagree with you shills, paid government agents
and other choice insults

to what case do you refer?

I linked to it twice in this thread already and even quoted where you
flamed me for the umpteenth time and yet you still didnt receive a ban for
any of those or for the constant derailment of threads where you whines
about abuse of power, claims of others flaming you and nothing being done,
etc... you know, all the crap you claim you dont do

here it is again, in full

Quote:

zzripz said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

zzripz said:
I DO 'abide by the rules' as much as everyone else is doing here?

is that what this is called? you intentionally derail threads in order to
troll me claiming an abuse of power and bias and what ever other bullshit

now, one last time, we can discuss topics and either  I or another mod
will take action, it's simple, clear and concise, there's no need for
personalisms, no need for trolling and no need for just telling people to
piss off

Quote:

zzripz said:
Quote:

Cervantes said:
Really dude, file a complaint. I am sick of seeing your every post spent whining about Pris. You'd have a better case if he weren't clearly kidding whenever he upsets you. Mods can't make jokes?

This is not a life or death topic. Many people see these things but they have not been proven real.

Alright--heard practice what you preach?

Look at this thread prisoner just locked--cos eee felt like it

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14527694
and his reasons:

"This thread has been closed.

Reason:
3) Post with content that stimulates discussion or debate. Add your own
input to that which you plan to copy and paste whether it's a youtube
video or a website you should try and explain why you like or dislike
the concept being presented, why the ideas intimidate you or are cause
for great concern. Threads without will be locked without prejudice"

Now a) Do you think he was justified locking that thread? If yes give reasons. And if no also?

and b) do you think HE practices what he preaches?

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

zzripz said:
Ohhhh things are comin clear. Prisoner is a mason!

should I take that as a flame?

Quote:

zzripz said:
prisoner. you flout the rules, show bias, and are the roots of the problems with this forum. I hope the other guy Free Your Mind reported your arse, and I will support him on that, and I hope other members here who wish to discuss in relative peace what this forum is SUPPOSED to bleedin cater for do the same!

Quote:

zzripz said:
LOL. do I KNOW how you feel:)
Take a deeeeeep breath, and know that there ARE others who can grasp what you are revealing, and I am one of them. As I have mentioned in various other places, I am also suspicious of this place. As in if we are revealing conspiracy 'out there', we cannot assume there isn't one here. I mean what we have in this 'conspiracy forum' seem to be a gang of pople who are against it, AND they have as their leader--if you will--a moderator who not only has written the rules for this forum, but ALSO, ALSO, share this gang's views and/or vice versa. Now is that not strange? Wouldn't you think that an appopinted moderator would be INTO conspiracy theory, and support the exploration OF them. Yet, no, this place is more a gatekeeper warning people off taking anything we say seriously, and attacking etc etc.
But dont be put off, we also have a number here but are not as obstreperous. I very much value your presence here mate, also :wink:

Quote:

zzripz said:
EXACTLY! Dont apologize for your totally correct insight. See, what is happening is that a little cabal has more or less taken over the conspiracy forum with help from a moderator-prisoner- who shares their same beliefs, and thus they can hide behind him and get away with murder flouting all the rules and provoking people who have alternative beliefs, knowing that if they 'break a rule' or whatever they will be warned and banned!

THATS what is going on.

[larger]So it is complete BIAS and MISUSE of POWER, and what needs to happen is this injustice be protested above their heads, and those that do not share the in-house belief which is anti-conspiracy theories should support each other in this abuse of the Shroomery.
I mean if we want to expose what is going on in the world out there, we need also expose what is happening in these little forums.

IF the administrators don't see anything wrong with this set-up, back up what is going on, then there is nothing to do but further protest this affair and gladly leave, and then spread the word about this around the internet.

[image]http://www.3click.tv/mp4//Robot Chicken/season 2/metadata/308623.jpg[/image]

flames, trolls, disregard for the rules... all the things you say you dont
do in a single post by you which also happens to be the case where you've
'reported me to the admins for my abuse of power and bias' of which it was
looked into because I myself was grilled by the admins over it and they too
do not see what you claim was occuring

Quote:

Quote:

You know if someone had just said to me in an adult understanding way. yes it was wrong for him to call you full of shit, and it DID break the rules, then that I would have respected that reponse far more than all this endless twaddle trying to justify yourselves that you can never be wrong.

so what you're saying is that I need to show bias, that I need to ban only the people that you complain about but allow you to do what the fuck ever you want... isnt that how it's been since you started posting? isnt that what it's really about, you throw a tantrum because you dont get your way, isnt that exactly what your little drama creation thread here is, yet another of your tantrums because once again you didnt get your way

let's see how things really work... it was a fun thread for a few minutes
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14563595#14563595

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15966523 - 03/19/12 08:52 AM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:

Only a part of that sentence is correct.

would that be the :winning:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15966530 - 03/19/12 08:55 AM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Bias bans

Quote:

In the past, banning with BIAS, then allowing the person back, to post again, has caused a LOT of drama. Although, it is popular to blame the person who breaks no rules... for the drama.

I see nothings changed then?

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/1465662#1465662

Quote:

On Drama Queens & Hate Magnets:

Quote:

When someone gets on the bad side of the community and continues to act out, bringing the wrath of our more vocal members upon themselves and generally becoming a detriment to the health and harmony of the boards, they will be processed in accordance with the On Banning guidelines above.  Even if you feel that you are in the right, sometimes it is best to just let things go.  It is expected that you will respect any such direction given to you by a staff member.

InvisibledrSE
Pseudo Reality
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Twighlight Zone
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Prisoner#1] * 5
    #15966564 - 03/19/12 09:14 AM (12 years, 12 days ago)

I vote ban from all forums but OTD or 1 weekend with Coaster.  And let them argue it out :laugh:.

--------------------
Grow Room

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: drSE]
    #15966575 - 03/19/12 09:17 AM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

drSE said:
I vote  1 weekend with Coaster. 

if it's not cruel and unusual then it's really not punishment

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#15967404 - 03/19/12 01:30 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Look boys. The bottom line is this--let this remind you:

Quote:

Ad hominem

An ad hominem argument, or argumentum ad hominem (Latin, literally "argument against the man [or person]"), is a fallacy that involves replying to an argument or assertion by attempting to discredit the person offering the argument or assertion. Ad hominem rebuttals are one of the best-known of propagandist tactics.[why, like calling them "full of shit" or "schizophrenic who is on drugs"--ya know, stuff like that?]

Simply, it is a refutation of a proposition, based solely upon some unrelated fact about the person presenting the proposition. Such refutation is said to be "against the person" (ad hominem) and not their proposition. Properly, it consists of saying that an argument is wrong because of something about the individual or organization is in error rather than about the argument itself. Moreover, it is not necessary to insult the individual or organization whose argument is attacked in order to commit the ad hominem attack. Rather, it must be clear that the purpose of the characterization is to discredit the person offering the argument, and, specifically, to invite others to discount his arguments.[yeahhh, like for example 'hey you chaps. dont bother with this person people think he is full of shit'

Three traditionally identified varieties include:

Ad hominem abusive
        Involves merely (and often unfairly) insulting the opponent.
        Involve pointing out factual but damning character flaws or actions.
        Insults and damaging facts simply do not undermine what logical support there might be for one's opponent's arguments or assertions.

Ad hominem circumstantial
        Involves pointing out that someone is in circumstances such that he or she is disposed to take a particular position.
        Constitutes an attack on the bias of a person.
        Does not make one's opponent's arguments, from a logical point of view, any less credible to point out that one's opponent is disposed to argue that way.

Ad hominem tu quoque (literally, "at the person, you too")
        Also called the "hypocrisy" argument.
        Occurs when a claim is dismissed either because it is inconsistent with other claims which the claimant is making or because it is inconsistent with the claimant's actions.

As technique of propaganda, despite its usual lack of subtlety, it is powerful and frequently used (and, sometimes, excessively). Anyone involved in political discourse, and public discourse in general, would do well to become acquainted with it.

See also: fundamental attribution error

[emphasis mine]

Go study and get back to me. This thread has been exposure of what is going on. That is it---done.

and as for this little nuggest of scapegoatery:

Quote:

When someone gets on the bad side of the community and continues to act out, bringing the wrath of our more vocal members upon themselves and generally becoming a detriment to the health and harmony of the boards, they will be processed in accordance with the On Banning guidelines above.  Even if you feel that you are in the right, sometimes it is best to just let things go.  It is expected that you will respect any such direction given to you by a staff member.

I bet you a fiver that EVERY one who has supported you mr prisoner in this thread, all 5 or 6 of them all support your worldview> That is what is going on. Not ALL the Shroomery community. LOL

I have said my piece and feel I have made things clear. If I am not unfairly banned again, I do not expect fair moderation and will not ever make a complaint again against person attack, because there is absolutely no point and will just ignore them.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: zzripz] * 4
    #15967495 - 03/19/12 01:59 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

And still... no-one cares.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleSOLID BASTARD
Hella Vampires

Loc: 127.0.0.1
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: zzripz] * 6
    #15967604 - 03/19/12 02:26 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

LOL, this is still going. I wasn't even this bad at the height of my amphetamine rages. :facepalm:

BOTTOM LINE:

This forum is a product of Ythan's time and money. In reality you have no rights, but Ythan has extended a very generous amount of default rights to the user base so as to keep the community active and keep information flowing. Ythan, and those he's appointed to power, reserve the right to do basically whatever they damn well please; though once again Ythan was generous enough to allow this forum to function as a democracy rather than a dictatorship.
That being said, we still have to circle back to the bolded text; you didn't set this site up, you didn't maintain this site, you don't pay the operating costs, and you haven't contributed anything but conspiracy theorist rubbish to this site. So be happy you're afforded the rights you do have and SHUT UP.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15967682 - 03/19/12 02:45 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:

Quote:

Ad hominem

did you bother letting it remind you? you're quite guilty of that yourself

Quote:

I bet you a fiver that EVERY one who has supported you mr prisoner in this thread, all 5 or 6 of them all support your worldview> That is what is going on. Not ALL the Shroomery community. LOL

vinsue, teamkiller, alan rockefeller, diecommie, bothhands... in fact, I'm
pretty sure that most do not, alan for instance believes that 9/11 was an
inside job, that it was explosives and nothing that I've said has changed
his mind but instead of acting like a fool he discussed his points and
debated mine and he and I get along fine, why? because he doesnt take a
debate personally, he sees it for what it is.

I can also bet that I've banned 70% of the people that have posted in this
thread and for some reason they see things objectively, they arent butthurt
because they got busted or banned, they sucked it up and move on to have
more fun and argue with me more. I respect them even more for that and
because I respect them, I'll kick them twice as hard on the next ban
assuming they give reason for one which most do not

Quote:

I have said my piece and feel I have made things clear. If I am not unfairly banned again, I do not expect fair moderation and will not ever make a complaint again against person attack, because there is absolutely no point and will just ignore them.

if there's a legitimate flame, feel free to PM a mod, myself included, a
few times you did just that and action was taken but most of the time
you're just playing your petty little games, trying to start some drama as
though you're some kind of victim

InvisibleSOLID BASTARD
Hella Vampires

#15967903 - 03/19/12 03:50 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Word.

#LadderMidget2012

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: luvdemshrooms] * 2
    #15968408 - 03/19/12 05:41 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
And still... no-one cares.

i might care if i was actually as insane as this guy.

--------------------

Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--

InvisibleSOLID BASTARD
Hella Vampires

#15968663 - 03/19/12 06:43 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

drSE said:
I vote  1 weekend with Coaster. 

if it's not cruel and unusual then it's really not punishment

We should give him Poid lips. I think having lips like Poid is worse than a weekend with Coaster. With Coaster he'll do too many drugs to remember why he's shitting blood on Monday.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: SOLID BASTARD]
    #15969882 - 03/19/12 10:57 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Cutless said:
#LadderMidget2012

no pounding the laddermidget please

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

#15970387 - 03/20/12 02:39 AM (12 years, 12 days ago)

but i love laddermidgets.

--------------------

--

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #15970476 - 03/20/12 03:35 AM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

What a bunch of nonsense.  Just because barely anyone beleives your New World Order, number magic, and "zionist conspiracy" theories doesn't mean we all agree with each other.  I have had many disagreements with Prisoner#1, and have debated him many times in the forums over the years.  Yet somehow I managed not to get warned or banned by him, and you have these problems constantly.  Maybe its not Pris who has the problem here.

Honestly, you've been warned and banned by pretty much every mod of every forum you post in- why is Pris the problem?  All I can figure is that he participates in the conspiracy forum and often disagrees with you.

In fact, pretty much every factual claim you've made in this thread has been flat out wrong:

• You claimed to have never been warned to follow the rules before being banned, yet your record shows four official warnings, and I know of many unofficial warnings you've recieved that weren't recorded.

• You claimed its pointless to submit support tickets, yet hardly a week goes by without the administration overturning at least one ban.  Many members here have gotten there infractions deleted through this method.

• You claimed Prisoner doesn't ban people for insulting you, yet he posted several example of just such cases.  Some received ban lengths many times longer than the longest you have ever received.

the list goes on...

Quote:

I also must point out johnm214 that the vibes I get from ALL your posts are threatening, and full of vitriol. backed up by the powers of your mod status. So it it is a bit rich to claim I attack people all the time when your whole manner seems to me in attack-mode, and provocative.

Yet its you who's constantly running into problems with everyone you interact with.  We've been regular members for about the same length of time- it's been maybe a year since I started moderating.  During that time you've had several meltdowns and been banned repeatedly, and I managed to avoid this- despite disagreeing with Pris and the other mods on many issues.

Maybe the problem isn't "my vibes".

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
    #15970479 - 03/20/12 03:38 AM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:

The Website Announcements and Feedback forum is not a place to complain about bans or disciplinary action, read the rules of each forum before posting please.

Quote:

teamkiller said:
b) your biggest problem is you assume the mods are supposed to be fair.  They're supposed to keep the peace.  uhm, fix your broken assumptions and the way of the forum may make more sense to you.

Correct.  We do not enforce the rules to be fair.  Life isn't fair, law enforcement is not fair, workplaces are not fair and I don't think there is any aspect of human existence that is fair.

So please stop asking us to be fair.  It is not going to happen because we are real people, not robots that blindly enforce rules for no reason other than there is a rule.  When I enforce a rule, I am trying to make the site better by getting rid of annoying crap.  When I see someone breaking a rule, I usually let it slide unless they are being lame at the same time.

Yes, we ban annoying users at a greater rate than we ban good users.  As it should be.  This is the online equivalent of hippies with dreadlocks getting busted for weed more often than respectable looking people.  It is unfair, but fairness is not a goal that I strive for when moderating.  I keep the peace and dump annoying or pointless threads. 

Zero tolerance is a symptom of zero thinking.

The fact that you have not been banned for arbitrary reasons shows that the moderators are pretty good at being fair and impartial.  On most internet forums you would have been banned long ago for being annoying and stirring up drama.  If you keep posting crap it is likely that you will get banned for stirring up drama, but I am not going to enforce that rule right now.

One thing I really like about this site is that people don't get banned for no reason, and when they do get bans, they are usually short and can be contested. 

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

zzripz said:

This is true...of course NO ONE here has a RIGHT to be a member of the shroomery...You're using the site for free at the discretion of the site's owner, just like the rest of us.  This site is as the owner intends it to be. 

Correct.  It is annoying when people think they have some kind of first ammendment right to post what they want.  They do not because they don't own the computers.  There are no laws saying that we have to let anyone use the site. 

Zzripz is a guest in our house.  We might let him stay if he is cool, but if he is just going to sleep on the couch all day, never do anything productive and bother people, maybe we will ask him to move on.

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
alan for instance believes that 9/11 was an

Actually that discussion changed my mind, after reevaluating the evidence I think 9/11 was done by arab hijackers and they likely didn't have any inside help.

Quote:

Enlil said:
You really think so?  I have made many more enemies than friends on this site by being an outspoken opponent of full legalization of drugs...I'm not sure that the moderators on this site agree with me at all...I know of at least two who have openly told me that they disagree with me...and yet...I have zero points in the banomatic...Where's the bias?

I disagree with your opinion about drug legalization, as do most people here, but I am glad that you post your opinion and I enjoy reading all of your posts.  This would be a boring site if everyone agreed on everything.  I hate preaching to the choir, I would much rather discuss drug legalization with someone who disagrees.

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #15970536 - 03/20/12 04:51 AM (12 years, 12 days ago)

i'm just gonna reiterate how much i love this thread.

--------------------

--

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #15970623 - 03/20/12 06:09 AM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
alan for instance believes that 9/11 was an

Actually that discussion changed my mind, after reevaluating the evidence I think 9/11 was done by arab hijackers and they likely didn't have any inside help.

keep reading up, the white house helped by asking the FBI to turn a blind
eye, there was a conspiracy involved. as I see it, it's better if the truth
is known instead of obscured by a bunch of crap which as hard as it is to
believe, certainly applies to what's happened in this thread. the paranoid
has obscured the truth with a bunch of crap, demands we believe it and
becomes insulting when we dont

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery

Loc: all up in ya
    #15971042 - 03/20/12 09:39 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

i thought you were always saying 9/11 was not an inside job?

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Psychoslut]
    #15971154 - 03/20/12 10:12 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Not taking appropriate action against terrorist cells (especially Clinton) or following up on threats is not the same as planning and executing the attack itself.  There is evidence for the former, the later there's nothing but 'number magic' and garbage science.

InvisibleJohn NadaDiscord
Toujours Frais
 User Gallery
Loc: Hotwings; race car
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: zzripz] * 7
    #15972977 - 03/20/12 06:14 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:

I stopped reading your blatant slandering, pandering, and spreading of conspiracy theory rhetoric involving consortiums of shroomery moderator/administrator authority figures right goddamn here cause that's a flagrant lie. I talked to johnm214 a couple times and he was pretty cool, so you're lying like hell through your forked serpent tongue. He has more credibility to me than you do as well. If you ever make physical or legal threats against John again I will karate chop you in the face and sue your parents to death in the wallets and banks. I will pay off Nancy Grace to slander you in the medias, and Pat Robinson will make the elderly hate you. You are a carrier of dark forces.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Psychoslut]
    #15976016 - 03/21/12 11:24 AM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
i thought you were always saying 9/11 was not an inside job?

no, I always say it wasnt a controlled demolition, 9/11 was in inside job

terrorists INSIDE the airliners, flew them to the INSIDE of the towers and
the INSIDE of the pentagon, thus, 9/11 was an inside job... had these
jihadists decided to blow up the landscaping at the white house, that would
have been an outside job

OnlineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
    #15976053 - 03/21/12 11:32 AM (12 years, 10 days ago)

:lolsy:

Offlinequestioneverything
joven fuerte
Male User Gallery
    #15976068 - 03/21/12 11:35 AM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:

Quote:

Ad hominem

An ad hominem argument, or argumentum ad hominem (Latin, literally "argument against the man [or person]"), is a fallacy that involves replying to an argument or assertion by attempting to discredit the person offering the argument or assertion. Ad hominem rebuttals are one of the best-known of propagandist tactics.[why, like calling them "full of shit" or "schizophrenic who is on drugs"--ya know, stuff like that?]

Simply, it is a refutation of a proposition, based solely upon some unrelated fact about the person presenting the proposition. Such refutation is said to be "against the person" (ad hominem) and not their proposition. Properly, it consists of saying that an argument is wrong because of something about the individual or organization is in error rather than about the argument itself. Moreover, it is not necessary to insult the individual or organization whose argument is attacked in order to commit the ad hominem attack. Rather, it must be clear that the purpose of the characterization is to discredit the person offering the argument, and, specifically, to invite others to discount his arguments.[yeahhh, like for example 'hey you chaps. dont bother with this person people think he is full of shit'

Ad hominem abusive
        Insults and damaging facts simply do not undermine what logical support there might be for one's opponent's arguments or assertions.

Involves pointing out that someone is in circumstances such that he or she is disposed to take a particular position.
        Does not make one's opponent's arguments, from a logical point of view, any less credible to point out that one's opponent is disposed to argue that way.

Occurs when a claim is dismissed either because it is inconsistent with other claims which the claimant is making or because it is inconsistent with the claimant's actions.

As technique of propaganda, despite its usual lack of subtlety, it is powerful and frequently used (and, sometimes, excessively). Anyone involved in political discourse, and public discourse in general, would do well to become acquainted with it.

[emphasis mine]

Go study and get back to me. This thread has been exposure of what is going on. That is it---done.

Quote:

yeah i'm with you zzripz. not ALL the shroomery community is mad at you for having a different than *official* worldview. i'm gonna cry a river about it one day.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Newbie]
    #15976069 - 03/21/12 11:35 AM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Toujours Frais
 User Gallery
    #15976187 - 03/21/12 12:10 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

WAF is probably my #2 or #3 favorite forum.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: John Nada]
    #15976192 - 03/21/12 12:12 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

The frequent whining has made it a "must".

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Toujours Frais
 User Gallery
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #15976786 - 03/21/12 02:45 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Oh, personally, I just try to help others solve their problems is all.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #15979557 - 03/22/12 02:30 AM (12 years, 10 days ago)

You sound just like hundreds of other entitlement babies I deal with every day.
You have not proven your case. You've been owned 50 times in this thread. And still you cry about some non-existent issue in your head. Just stop.

--------------------

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: questioneverything]
    #15982334 - 03/22/12 05:00 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

questioneverything said:
Quote:

zzripz said:

Quote:

Ad hominem

Ad hominem abusive

[emphasis mine]

Quote:

yeah i'm with you zzripz. not ALL the shroomery community is mad at you for having a different than *official* worldview. i'm gonna cry a river about it one day.

thing is, shroomery is a club. You observe what the other club members do, and balance off stepping on peoples toes, asserting yourself, or dropping your balls off at the door and sucking arse.

Personally I don't go in for that brown nosing shit. The only person I speak up for is Wiccan Seeker because his tek's and advice are one of the reasons I keep coming back here.

That and the 5am thread in SA.

I won't expect any sympathy. Now, part of me says I should just make this a pm and send you my sympathies cos I do like your insights. But, might as well have it in the open. Any club will close ranks on their members. People used to complain in prison about how screws would beat the shit out of prisoners, break their arms, and yes, sometimes they'd get nicked for it, but the system always closes ranks, always lets them get away with stuff you couldn't get away with.

Now, you can fight it, say it's not fair, recognise that the nail that sticks out gets hammered down, or, be like the river. Flow past it. Ignore the provocation and just carry on being yourself.

Reality is all about perception and my perception is, this place is really not that big a deal. It's just somewhere I come to talk about shit when mates aren't around and to feel the pulse of the junkies.

--------------------

OfflineTaco Chef
I found dead John Cheever
Male User Gallery

Loc: the city of dis
Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #15985396 - 03/23/12 11:03 AM (12 years, 8 days ago)

all this thread needs is some ron paul and a complaint about the forum lagging and it will be a perfect microcosm of the shroomery

--------------------

InvisibleSOLID BASTARD
Hella Vampires

Re: BIAS and private insults at the Shroomery [Re: Taco Chef]
    #15985609 - 03/23/12 12:06 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

OMG did you guys see, Johnathan Davis from Korn is now endorsing Ron Paul!!1

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/03/korn-frontman-wants-ron-paul-for-president-118287.html

Invisiblekoraks
    #15985801 - 03/23/12 12:54 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

I tried to view this thread 3 times today, but it was only after the OTD $&tards signed off that I could get through to the antique hardware on which the site resides :macdre:

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

#15992315 - 03/25/12 12:45 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

eeeeee!!

so much love.

--------------------

--

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15992443 - 03/25/12 01:27 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

#15992805 - 03/25/12 05:37 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

i just gave it a little more cowbell.

i should be sleeping.

--------------------

--

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#15992879 - 03/25/12 06:29 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Cutless said:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/03/korn-frontman-wants-ron-paul-for-president-118287.html

I heard that Ron Paul wants to legalise freedom.

I like the idea of this freedom. Has anyone lemon tek'd it?

--------------------

OfflineTaco Chef
Male User Gallery

#15993263 - 03/25/12 09:38 AM (12 years, 6 days ago)

i stuck ice in its asshole and pussy

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#15993505 - 03/25/12 11:04 AM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Pray tell... why is this cluster-fuck stickied?

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#15994381 - 03/25/12 02:50 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

because from here it can only get better and become a true WA&F classic

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#15994389 - 03/25/12 02:53 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Sure, because we need more classic cluster-fucks.

--------------------

Toujours Frais
 User Gallery
    #15994472 - 03/25/12 03:15 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Visionary Tools said:
Quote:

Cutless said:

Actually, you need an orange and some BigRed gum.

OfflineTaco Chef
Male User Gallery

#15994590 - 03/25/12 03:40 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

haha

--------------------

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#15994609 - 03/25/12 03:44 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

StevenMichael said:
Quote:

Visionary Tools said:
Quote:

Cutless said:

Actually, you need an orange and some BigRed gum.

hell no. They put aspartame in that chewing gum, that's made from modified e.coli that's fed formaldehyde, aspartic acid and methnol. It shits out aspartame, and then they stick it in drinks and snacks.

Fuck that shit. e.coli belong in my gut, digesting my food.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale